You know i have a soft spot for Take-two. The company isnt an activision which can post quarterly profits but they have kept saying they prefer "quality over quickness"
Here are the breakdowns for Take two Q1
- BioShock Infinite sold over 4 million units since it was released in March 2013.
- Grand Theft Auto 4 has moved over 25 million units since its 2008 release. Install base for current-generation consoles has increased three-fold since then.
- Take-Two expects 60% of revenue for the full year to come from its back catalog, 2K titles, and GTA 5.
- The firm closed out Q1 FY14 with revenue of $142.7 million down from $226.1 million year-over-year.
- Catalog sales accounted for 60% of net revenue led by the Borderlands, Grand Theft Auto, and Red Dead Redemption franchises
Take two could easily release a GTA every single year but as Company CEO Strauss Zelnick said it would degrade the franchise.
Take two have cited 3 games which will hope to bring in profit.
Its a shame they haven't listed The Bureau Xcom De-classified to sell well. http://www.vg247.com/2013/07/30/take-two-q1-fy14-bioshock-infinite-moves-over-4-million-units/
They have some Next gen projects but they don't want to talk about it But they did file a new Bully trademark. http://uk.gamespot.com/news/take-two-files-new-bully-trademark-6412224