Taking the internet by storm

painologist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By painologist

Alright, either I underestimated my own incompetence or it's simply impossible; but after trying to access the write a review page for 5 minutes and not succeeding, I've decided instead to simply post a blog entry for now.

I'm Steven, you might know me, you might not, chance are: It doesn't matter. Lately i've been signing up to the social networking plethora and i'm currently creating an online identity - Tedious stuff.

To start, I'm going to assemble the nasty web of links i've collected here because I'll be updating them by preference, you might find something interesting on one of these other sites; even though these pages are all about the same thing: me

Bebo -

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=14906391

Deviantart

http://sperodolor.deviantart.com/

That'll do for now actually, copying and pasting links isn't as much fun as you'd think: I'll create a more up-to-date list as time progresses

Lastly, I'd just like to share a view words on two games I completed so far this summer once I figure out how to work the review section i'll give more detailed reviews. For now though;

Mass Effect [Lucas Arts] -  8 I can imagine it took hours of hard dedicated work to construct such a solid storyline with such an in-depth captivating lore. The beauty of mass effect is your ability to learn about the parallel universe and feel for the characters in it. Mass Effect took my favourite elements of 'KOTOR' and gave it a standalone universe with real-time combat: and made it work. Although it felt as though the game was a little on the short side, it ends with the promise of a sequel and there are more than enough side quests to lengthen the game greatly. Minor issues ruined the game at times such as the tank combat and controls, minor bugs and annoying random, yet small, loading times. (5/6/09)

Assassin's Creed [Ubisoft] - 7 Regrettably, this game did not have subtitles, yet endorsed heavily in dynamic speech and storyline which, sometimes, I was unable to follow, as the various 3rd person camera angles did not help the hearing process. There's something sensual and enticing about being able to point your analogue stick in a direction and watch your character skilfully traverse what seems to be an impassable obstacle. Assassin's creed's controls were great and it was always fun to take out a whole parole with a dagger and then sprint to the roof tops to hide in the shadows. The game's biggest drawback was the fact that nothing changed. Go here, save him, steal that, kill those guys and assassinate him. At times it felt as if the developers were so proud of what little they had achieved that they felt it necessary for consumers to replay a sequence over and over to fully appreciate it. It is a beautiful game and the double nature of the story is intuitive and entertaining. The mind blowing prophecies at the end are interesting too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoLUklf1NLc&feature=related

Over and out

Pain

painologist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By painologist

Alright, either I underestimated my own incompetence or it's simply impossible; but after trying to access the write a review page for 5 minutes and not succeeding, I've decided instead to simply post a blog entry for now.

I'm Steven, you might know me, you might not, chance are: It doesn't matter. Lately i've been signing up to the social networking plethora and i'm currently creating an online identity - Tedious stuff.

To start, I'm going to assemble the nasty web of links i've collected here because I'll be updating them by preference, you might find something interesting on one of these other sites; even though these pages are all about the same thing: me

Bebo -

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=14906391

Deviantart

http://sperodolor.deviantart.com/

That'll do for now actually, copying and pasting links isn't as much fun as you'd think: I'll create a more up-to-date list as time progresses

Lastly, I'd just like to share a view words on two games I completed so far this summer once I figure out how to work the review section i'll give more detailed reviews. For now though;

Mass Effect [Lucas Arts] -  8 I can imagine it took hours of hard dedicated work to construct such a solid storyline with such an in-depth captivating lore. The beauty of mass effect is your ability to learn about the parallel universe and feel for the characters in it. Mass Effect took my favourite elements of 'KOTOR' and gave it a standalone universe with real-time combat: and made it work. Although it felt as though the game was a little on the short side, it ends with the promise of a sequel and there are more than enough side quests to lengthen the game greatly. Minor issues ruined the game at times such as the tank combat and controls, minor bugs and annoying random, yet small, loading times. (5/6/09)

Assassin's Creed [Ubisoft] - 7 Regrettably, this game did not have subtitles, yet endorsed heavily in dynamic speech and storyline which, sometimes, I was unable to follow, as the various 3rd person camera angles did not help the hearing process. There's something sensual and enticing about being able to point your analogue stick in a direction and watch your character skilfully traverse what seems to be an impassable obstacle. Assassin's creed's controls were great and it was always fun to take out a whole parole with a dagger and then sprint to the roof tops to hide in the shadows. The game's biggest drawback was the fact that nothing changed. Go here, save him, steal that, kill those guys and assassinate him. At times it felt as if the developers were so proud of what little they had achieved that they felt it necessary for consumers to replay a sequence over and over to fully appreciate it. It is a beautiful game and the double nature of the story is intuitive and entertaining. The mind blowing prophecies at the end are interesting too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoLUklf1NLc&feature=related

Over and out

Pain

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

Malignant narcissism at its finest!