• 79 results
  • 1
  • 2
Posted by Brad (2875 posts) -

Perhaps you've heard there are new characters coming to the U.S. version of Capcom's over-the-top Wii fighting game, Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom? One of those new characters has been revealed at the Tokyo Game Show: It's none other than Dead Rising's hardened wartime photojournalist, Frank West. Here's video proof! (Also look for some action starring stalwart anime robot guy Tekkaman Blade, another new character in this version.)  

 

   
  
In honor of Frank's occupation, here's some photographic evidence of his appearance.  
 
Staff
#1 Posted by Brad (2875 posts) -

Perhaps you've heard there are new characters coming to the U.S. version of Capcom's over-the-top Wii fighting game, Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom? One of those new characters has been revealed at the Tokyo Game Show: It's none other than Dead Rising's hardened wartime photojournalist, Frank West. Here's video proof! (Also look for some action starring stalwart anime robot guy Tekkaman Blade, another new character in this version.)  

 

   
  
In honor of Frank's occupation, here's some photographic evidence of his appearance.  
 
Staff
#2 Posted by ververdan0226 (1573 posts) -

Ummm..... okay, I guess.

#3 Posted by Wildfire570 (719 posts) -

Well I'd be careful if I was fighting Frank West, he's covered wars ya know!

#4 Posted by Hermie (42 posts) -

He's covered wars, you know.

#5 Posted by Bigandtasty (3202 posts) -

Magical Servbot head, go!
 
Also he somewhat looks like Niko in that picture.
#6 Posted by MrMiyagi (929 posts) -

I want this game. So bad.

#7 Edited by AdventChild (189 posts) -

He's covered wars, you know.
 
EDIT: Crap!  Hermie beat me to it.

#8 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Haha, he can turn into megaman.

#9 Posted by HydraHam (1338 posts) -

frank west in this game sure looks an awful like niko bellic..

#10 Edited by Zabant (1233 posts) -

his model looks horrible, looks like niko belic and the new VA sounds nothing like him.......

#11 Edited by Death_Burnout (3792 posts) -

Well Yeah...Frank West is a fucking Capcom hero!
 
But yeah err...Not sure if Niko is.
 
He should look more like Vince Vaughn
 
His moves are fantastic.

#12 Posted by Deusoma (3001 posts) -

Three thoughts:
1. Like everybody else said, he doesn't look or sound like Frank West. He looks more like a New York cab driver cosplaying as Frank West.
2. Isn't Mega Man already in this game?
3. I think when other characters get grabbed by zombies, they should constantly go "Frank... Frank... Frank..." in the most annoying voice possible. You know, for authenticity.

#13 Posted by PartTimeNinja (344 posts) -
@Hermie said:
" He's covered wars, you know. "
#14 Posted by wibby (248 posts) -

I'm wondering if you can fight as 7-Zark-7 , now THAT would be sweet!    
#15 Posted by myghart (192 posts) -

You guys don't get it, it's Niko Bellic who looks so awfully like Frank  West!

#16 Posted by MattBodega (1903 posts) -

Man, I know it's a super stylized version of the character, but I think the in-game Frank West looks TRRRible.

#17 Posted by spiceninja (3055 posts) -

lol wut?

#18 Posted by Davin (243 posts) -

Wishing it was Phoenix Wright instead...

#19 Posted by Rallier (1739 posts) -
@Deusoma said:
" Three thoughts:
1. Like everybody else said, he doesn't look or sound like Frank West. He looks more like a New York cab driver cosplaying as Frank West.
2. Isn't Mega Man already in this game?
3. I think when other characters get grabbed by zombies, they should constantly go "Frank... Frank... Frank..." in the most annoying voice possible. You know, for authenticity. "
Yep Mega Man Volnutt is in it already.
#20 Posted by Evilsbane (4531 posts) -

....Cousin?

#21 Posted by Cloneslayer (1624 posts) -

bloody fucking amazing

#22 Posted by Protoroll (345 posts) -

Out of all the characters that Capcom has in it's stable, why did they choose him? Throw in somebody that can at least fight properly, but not Frank West. Even Phoenix  Wright could OBJECTION!!!! his ass to death.

#23 Posted by Symphony (1912 posts) -

I find it so bizarre and ironic that they revealed a character in the western release of the game at the Tokyo Game Show... *boggles*
 
"And now some news especially for all of you members in the audience that like to import the western version of games already released here!"

#24 Posted by masternater27 (915 posts) -

I forgot how crazy these games were.  No longer interested.

#25 Posted by HassaniSabbah (87 posts) -

That doesn't even really look like our beloved Frank West, and the voice is all wrong. Oh well.

#26 Posted by LordKorax (278 posts) -

Frank shouting "DEEEEEEEEEEEEAD RISING!" as his baseball-bat move connected was the best part.
 
Also, he's covered wars, you know.

#27 Posted by Warchief (651 posts) -

bring this game to the 360 and I will buy the fuck out of it. 

#28 Edited by cowdrunk (244 posts) -

tecka man blade=awsome  
frank west=????
#29 Posted by Rallier (1739 posts) -
@Symphony said:
" I find it so bizarre and ironic that they revealed a character in the western release of the game at the Tokyo Game Show... *boggles*  "And now some news especially for all of you members in the audience that like to import the western version of games already released here!" "
I was under the impression that this version would only release outside of Japan but seeing that all the fonts are in Japanese i'm starting to doubt that it will not eventually hit Japan. I'm sure that Japanese fans are craving to play this version since it has online play.
#30 Posted by Trace (3549 posts) -

If it's not T.J. Rotolo's voice, it's not truly Frank West, as far as I'm concerned. That's a shame, considering everything else Frank's shown doing here is pretty entertaining.

Moderator
#31 Posted by Draco9898 (162 posts) -
@PsEG said:
" If it's not T.J. Rotolo's voice, it's not truly Frank West, as far as I'm concerned. That's a shame, considering everything else Frank's shown doing here is pretty entertaining. "
 
It is T.J...they told him to act differently though.
#32 Posted by JJOR64 (18907 posts) -

I wish Dante from DMC was in this game.  :(

#33 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -
@Rallier said:
" @Symphony said:
" I find it so bizarre and ironic that they revealed a character in the western release of the game at the Tokyo Game Show... *boggles*  "And now some news especially for all of you members in the audience that like to import the western version of games already released here!" "
I was under the impression that this version would only release outside of Japan but seeing that all the fonts are in Japanese i'm starting to doubt that it will not eventually hit Japan. I'm sure that Japanese fans are craving to play this version since it has online play. "
Yes, it will be re-released in Japan also, kind of like a Super version, since it has extra characters, online play, and the all important fine tuned balance (which the first release lacked and was one of the reasons it bombed not only on Wii but also in the arcade space it first appeared).
#34 Posted by Symphony (1912 posts) -
@Al3xand3r said:
" Yes, it will be re-released in Japan also, kind of like a Super version, since it has extra characters, online play, and the all important fine tuned balance (which the first release lacked and was one of the reasons it bombed not only on Wii but also in the arcade space it first appeared). "
Ouch, a re-release so soon? I wonder if they cry foul at such things like we do (ie. Street Fighter IV Dash getting lots of people complaining "omg they better not release it at full retail price or I'll nerdrage!" or heck, Left4Dead 2 getting all those peoples panties in a knot for some weird reason). Probably not, I'd assume, considering how many re-released versions of games they see over there as it is. Guess it's just par for the course?
#35 Posted by TheHBK (5463 posts) -

maybe he and Jill Valentine will have sex since they both fight zombies.
#36 Posted by Reverseface (1221 posts) -

Abit out of place poor frank.
#37 Posted by xer096 (18 posts) -

Confirmed, Frank West is Mega Man.
#38 Posted by iAmJohn (6108 posts) -

"THAT'S HILARIOUS!" 
 
*Frank attacks for 16.105 BILLION MOTHERFUCKING DAMAGE!!!* 
 
Game of the Forever.

#39 Posted by Gregomasta (1541 posts) -

This is why I wish I still had a wii.

#40 Posted by JarenFace (205 posts) -

Nerdgasm. While I was interested in the Japanese release, I was hoping they would add a few surprises if it ever came out in the West. This is surprise enough to make me want it badly. 

#41 Posted by heatDrive88 (2268 posts) -

I almost had to call shenanigans on this, but then I remembered it's not even remotely close to being April Fools.
#42 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3700 posts) -
@Gregomasta said:
" This is why I wish I still had a wii. "
This is why Im glad I still have a Wii.
Also did anyone notice the Japanese text for Frank West's name?
If he is exclusive to the English version why is that there?
#43 Posted by DaSoul (228 posts) -

FRANK WEST IS REALLY MEGA MAN!

#44 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

Was Joe in the original game?  If not, that's where the REAL excitement should be!!! 
 
JJJJJJJJJJJOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
 
Nonetheless, Frank West = WIN!

#45 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Yes, he was. Tekkaman B and Frank West are the new ones shown so far. 3 more to go, 1 CAPCOM and 2 from the Tatsunoko side. At least, I hope they don't only add one more Tatsunoko char to replace the one removed and call it a day, not that I wouldn't buy it if that's the case.

#46 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

Well if the LP Mech thing can be in there, why not Frank West? DR is a capcom franchise .
#47 Posted by Gunstar_Ikari (46 posts) -
@JeffGoldblum said:
Also did anyone notice the Japanese text for Frank West's name? If he is exclusive to the English version why is that there? "
The game's coming out in Japan too, officially making Ultimate All-Stars a revision of the original Tatsunoko vs Capcom akin to Super Street Fighter II or Capcom vs. SNK Pro.
#48 Posted by mattysen (822 posts) -

Dude, just give me some Eva characters and where is Sakura!? This also comes across to me that Capcom vs SUDA 51 would be fucking awesome...But not this, not this

#49 Posted by DannyJ (445 posts) -

He's covered wars ya know

#50 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -

how does tatsunoko have less characters per team as well as less pure characters than MvC2? 
 
also the xbox live version will have better online.