#351 Posted by mithhunter55 (625 posts) -

@Neurotic: AWesome! Thank you. This led me to listening to caravan palace again so it was totaly worth it looking through those comments.

#352 Posted by vikingdeath1 (1006 posts) -

That was the Greatest climax to anything EVER! TEAM BRAD FUCK YES!!

#353 Posted by ShaggE (6724 posts) -

@ColonelRick said:

@c0l0nelp0c0rn1 said:

@ShaggE said:

@asian_pride said:

@evanbower said:

@ColonelRick

Would have been so much better if MHC was still a rare achievement, but still. Welcome to the brotherhood of the mile, Mr. Shoemaker. We've been expecting you...

Some people just don't get it. It's not about the achievement man! It's about togetherness, and the perserverance of humankind.

Yeah seriously. Call it silly, but it was one of those few moments when the Internet seemed like it was united, instead of the other way around (which usually is the case). The achievement itself is irrelevant.

Exactly. Sure, part of it is the humor in "FUCK YEAH! A GUY PLAYED A VIDEO GAME!", but it really was bigger than the sum of its parts. We fucking took over Twitter, if only for a few minutes. That's crazy. Multiple internet communities, some infamous for hating everything, rooted for a single person sitting in front of a television and playing a game that constantly gets bashed. That's CRAZY. A day removed, I realize that this really was awesome, all jokes aside.

I blame the Chariots of Fire theme.

LOL at people getting pissed at me over a silly post. What I meant is that it would be much cooler for Brad if it was an achievement not a lot of people have(a byproduct of the game being out for four years) It doesn't take anything away from him finally completing the level. Game difficulty is subjective anyway. For Brad it might be much harder than for someone that does nothing but play CoD, and conversely Brad probably flies to Starcraft whereas your typical FPS player would get slaughtered.

I don't think anyone was actually pissed at you, it's all lighthearted. (I hope, anyway)

#354 Edited by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1811 posts) -

@ShaggE said:

@ColonelRick said:

@c0l0nelp0c0rn1 said:

@ShaggE said:

@asian_pride said:

@evanbower said:

@ColonelRick

Would have been so much better if MHC was still a rare achievement, but still. Welcome to the brotherhood of the mile, Mr. Shoemaker. We've been expecting you...

Some people just don't get it. It's not about the achievement man! It's about togetherness, and the perserverance of humankind.

Yeah seriously. Call it silly, but it was one of those few moments when the Internet seemed like it was united, instead of the other way around (which usually is the case). The achievement itself is irrelevant.

Exactly. Sure, part of it is the humor in "FUCK YEAH! A GUY PLAYED A VIDEO GAME!", but it really was bigger than the sum of its parts. We fucking took over Twitter, if only for a few minutes. That's crazy. Multiple internet communities, some infamous for hating everything, rooted for a single person sitting in front of a television and playing a game that constantly gets bashed. That's CRAZY. A day removed, I realize that this really was awesome, all jokes aside.

I blame the Chariots of Fire theme.

LOL at people getting pissed at me over a silly post. What I meant is that it would be much cooler for Brad if it was an achievement not a lot of people have(a byproduct of the game being out for four years) It doesn't take anything away from him finally completing the level. Game difficulty is subjective anyway. For Brad it might be much harder than for someone that does nothing but play CoD, and conversely Brad probably flies to Starcraft whereas your typical FPS player would get slaughtered.

I don't think anyone was actually pissed at you, it's all lighthearted. (I hope, anyway)

I was making a joke about the epic qualities of the Chariots of Fire theme. Was totally joking.

However, I have some ideas for the Breaking Brad feature that will help it truly live up to its name.

Rules:

1. Brad can only take on one "Breaking Brad" challenge at a time.
  2. He can take as long as he wants to complete the "Breaking Brad" challenge.
  3. He cannot take on another challenge until the previously undertaken challenge is surmounted.
  4. If he gives up on a challenge "Breaking Brad" as a feature is over.

It's not good content, watching Brad play the same game (or sections of the same game) over and over, but I feel it makes the name more appropriate.

Edit: Let me rephrase, It's not good content until Brad finally surmounts a challenge.

#355 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11415 posts) -

Dammit, I knew I should have stayed up instead of going to sleep!

#356 Posted by jerseyscum (926 posts) -

Brad Shoemaker is an American hero.

#357 Posted by probablytuna (3832 posts) -
#358 Posted by Ixaan (25 posts) -

@c0l0nelp0c0rn1: Whether or not it is "good content" is really subjective to individual people. I like the rules you came up with, but even if Breaking Brad keeps with its current format, I find it highly entertaining and enjoyable to watch. When I first found the original 4 hour Mile High Club archive, I watched it from start to end and was extremely entertained the entire time. I could have just skipped to the end to see if he actually did it that run, but the build up and evolution of play style throughout the video was really interesting to me and fun to watch. In my opinion, it isn't that it's not good content, it's just not for everyone.

#359 Posted by BD_Mr_Bubbles (1702 posts) -

Congratulations that was epic .

#360 Posted by bkbroiler (1642 posts) -

TEAM BRAD

#361 Posted by Joker369 (881 posts) -
@bkbroiler

TEAM BRAD

TEAM FUCKING BRAD
#362 Posted by qualus (79 posts) -

AAWWW YEEAAAH!

#363 Posted by bmeason (45 posts) -

Four days later.... I still feel the moment. Veep Leap to freedom!

#364 Posted by Ryalm (37 posts) -

9/14/12, I was there, where were you? Go Team Brad!

#365 Posted by lemonlateralus (102 posts) -

9/14/12...never forget

#366 Posted by ThePantheon (768 posts) -

Just watched it.

#TEAMBRAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#367 Posted by BigJeffrey (5111 posts) -
#368 Edited by Yummylee (22579 posts) -

Jesus, was that really a year ago? Time is just flying past me these days.

#369 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@bigjeffrey: The best part of that tweet is the complete confusion of the first response.

#370 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7100 posts) -

Easily one of the best moments in the site's history. So fucking good.

#371 Posted by Ben_H (3444 posts) -

@yummylee said:

No kidding. It feels like a few months ago at most.

#372 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

@yummylee said:

Feels like two years ago.

#373 Posted by csl316 (9515 posts) -
#374 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7100 posts) -
#375 Edited by Wikitoups (883 posts) -

Best part of it is Jeff's look on his face when brad beat it!

Edit: always bet on brad!

#376 Edited by RecSpec (3948 posts) -

Team fucking Brad!

#377 Posted by RecSpec (3948 posts) -

Team fucking Brad!

#378 Edited by PsychoPenguin (187 posts) -

Woooooo team fucking Brad! That music, so perfect. :D

#379 Posted by Splodge (1963 posts) -

A year? What the fuck am I doing.

#380 Edited by believer258 (12211 posts) -

Wow, Jesus. A whole year? What have I done over that year? Um... yeah. Damn. I should go skydiving or something.

#381 Posted by Sticky_Pennies (2019 posts) -

@recspec said:

Team fucking Brad!

Well, that might be a bit involved.

#382 Edited by BigJeffrey (5111 posts) -
#383 Posted by mlarrabee (3064 posts) -

Happy anniversary, Brad!

#384 Edited by bybeach (5006 posts) -

Rough day today Brad, but I still believe in you!

#385 Edited by bawalo (73 posts) -

Goosebumps, a year later. Thank you based Brad!

#386 Edited by evanomeara (82 posts) -

Would love to see another Breaking Brad, maybe when he is finished with DMC

#387 Edited by Monkeyman04 (1228 posts) -

Never Forget

The best moment in the past year that has ever happened for this website! TIME FOR HAPPY HOUR!

#388 Posted by ShockD (2421 posts) -

What is team Brad and what did they won?

#390 Posted by BigJeffrey (5111 posts) -

@shockd said:

Brad Completed the mile high club while we all watched LIVE, he became trending topic on twitter. It was majestic as fuck.

#391 Edited by BigJeffrey (5111 posts) -

@shockd said:

Brad Completed the mile high club while we all watched LIVE, he became trending topic on twitter. It was majestic as fuck.

#392 Posted by csl316 (9515 posts) -
#393 Posted by Jeffsekai (7054 posts) -

YEA

#394 Posted by Itwongo (1246 posts) -

A whole year. God damn.

#395 Posted by BisonHero (7073 posts) -

@evanomeara said:

Would love to see another Breaking Brad, maybe when he is finished with DMC

I think he's probably finished with DMC. Having finished DMC 1, at best, he's going to play an hour of DMC2 purely because he wants to know why everyone hates it so much, and then he's probably done with DMC for a good long while. Is DMC2's badness immediately apparent? I've never played it.