#1 Posted by Oddworld_Inhabitants (3 posts) -

I've been playing TF2 since it was released in 2007. I love the game to pieces, and I have tons of hats and knick knacks to customize with. But at times I wish the player could customize more. The classes should remain the same; that's the heart and soul of the game. But for example, players should be able to make their class stand out from others with minor changes. It would be cool if one could customize the color of hair, hats, guns, and even maybe make custom taunts. I would love to see that in the future of TF2. What do you guys think?

#2 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2231 posts) -

Is there not enough paint colors?

#3 Posted by CaLe (3945 posts) -

Yeah I like that idea. I want to choose different hairstyles for my boys as well. Maybe instead of hats they could have hairstyles. I hope they make a Sasuke hairstyle, he's so cool. I wish I had hair like him in real life LOL.

#4 Edited by Itwongo (1173 posts) -

Hair falls under hats, and there's already a ton of paint for them, but more is always welcome.

Do not do not do not implement custom gun colors.

#5 Posted by Dalai (7016 posts) -

Oh please don't give Valve any more ideas!

They'll save that for Team Fortress 3, coming in 2026.

#6 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@dalai said:

It will be called Team Fortress 2 2. Counting to three and all.

#7 Edited by Dalai (7016 posts) -

@dalai said:

It will be called Team Fortress 2 2. Counting to three and all.

Or they could just call it Team Fortress 4.

#8 Edited by joshwent (2157 posts) -

@oddworld_inhabitants Recognizing an enemy's weapon is important because you can change your strategy based on its attributes. For example, if I see a heavy wielding a Natasha (which slows you down on hits) I'm less likely to run at him for a melee attack if I'm a scout.

If you start to customize the weapons themselves they become less recognizable, so you lose that element of strategy.

Also, aside from the weapons, TF2 is one of the most crazy customizable games I can think of. Like others have said here, go get some hair hats, some paint buckets, and go get stupid!