#1 Edited by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

Esports has killed another one , first Gootecks and now the one and only spooky will be ceasing operations after evo. It a shame becuase he is one of the hardest working people in the FGC but i can understand how the constant travel could burn someone out after a while. As someone who has donated to him in the past for his work, i will say thsnks and good luck.

The question is , who will rise up and stream eact coast events, which has been spooky territory for the longest time. Henery cen will continnue to stream at Nextlevel i assume , unless spooky will do that.

you can also tune in to civil war 4 where im sure he will talk some more about it own3d.com/teamspooky

#2 Posted by AjayRaz (12389 posts) -

awww man. wow. i don't watch streams as much as i used to but that sucks. at least he's making a good move for himself if he's not enjoying it. gonna miss that accent, though.

#3 Posted by StarvingGamer (7561 posts) -

Nooo what will I do without those shifty ass eyes?

SPOOKY!?!?!?!???!!!

#4 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -

Some mad salty news bro.

#5 Posted by Management (596 posts) -

@FourWude said:

Some mad salty news bro.

Spooky?

#6 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (1854 posts) -

Well, like everyone has been saying - he needs a break. Hopefully this means two things:

1) He's just tired of the scene as of right now in terms of streams.

2) He'll be playing Melty Blood again.

Either way, I'm happy.

#7 Posted by JJOR64 (18783 posts) -

I respect his decision. I've done some streaming myself and it gets exhausting really fast. I amazed how many streams he has done by himself. Best wishes to him and I will still follow what he does.

Spo0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0oky.

#8 Posted by FLStyle (4396 posts) -

I highly doubt he'll stop doing Big Two and Evo, he's just tired of these past 4 Road to Evo events being poor.

#9 Posted by jubeiyagyuX (2 posts) -

FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU..............who will set me free now every wednesday? FFUUU,This is depressing,I'm gonna go choke a rabbit :(

#10 Posted by MethodMan008 (796 posts) -

Very depressing, but respect any decision Mr. Victor Font makes..

PowerUp was ass though, that would of bummed me out too.

#11 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4655 posts) -

That sucks, although I mostly watch Iplaywinner steams Spooky does a excellent job with steaming. This is a huge loss for steam viewers everywhere.

#12 Edited by Vorbis (2748 posts) -

Sad news but at least he'll still be at some events, even if he won't be streaming,

Also, vowing to play PSO2 instead is something I can get behind.

#13 Posted by GlenTennis (3143 posts) -

Spooky is probably the last person I would want to see out of the scene. Sad to see him less, still respect his decision. He is the hardest working man in the FGC.

#14 Posted by Little_Socrates (5649 posts) -

Spooky's a fun stream. Sad to see that it's ending.

#15 Posted by Humanity (7954 posts) -

I thought those those Cross Counter streams without Gootecks would be trash but surprisingly the Mike/Clakey D combo has been pretty good.

#16 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

This is terrible.

Somebody call Spooky.

#17 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Spooky isn't the only dude running fighting game streams, but I can understand one guy getting burned the hell out.

#18 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@Napalm said:

Spooky isn't the only dude running fighting game streams

I think everybody knows that, he just tends to run the best ones.

#19 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@Sooty said:

@Napalm said:

Spooky isn't the only dude running fighting game streams [...]

If you're going to quote me and chop off the punctuation to make me look like an illiterate fuck, at least have the fucking decency to add [...] on the end of it, so people know there's more to my point than what you quoted.

And yes, I already fucking understand that.

Fuck.

#20 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

The title says "SOME events" So it seems he will still be around. 

#21 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@Napalm said:

@Sooty said:

@Napalm said:

Spooky isn't the only dude running fighting game streams [...]

If you're going to quote me and chop off the punctuation to make me look like an illiterate fuck, at least have the fucking decency to add [...] on the end of it, so people know there's more to my point than what you quoted.

And yes, I already fucking understand that.

Fuck.

Err, that wasn't my intention.

#22 Edited by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

well i imgaine less events outside the tristate area, also it seems like he will do big two

#23 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

@SlightConfuse: If it bad that I saw the movie that is from :P?

#24 Posted by Commisar123 (1786 posts) -

That's too bad, at least he will still be around to stream the important ones.

#25 Posted by Bladefire (214 posts) -

Spooky announced he's not totally done, he's just going to focus less on fighting games. He's still doing Big Two and majors but said he's going to doing stuff like LoL and NES modding.

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/316936351

#26 Posted by FLStyle (4396 posts) -

@Bladefire said:

Spooky announced he's not totally done, he's just going to focus less on fighting games. He's still doing Big Two and majors but said he's going to doing stuff like LoL and NES modding.

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/316936351

Yep, not surprising, more power to him.

#27 Posted by Game_Baron (112 posts) -

Damn... It's a shame.