#1 Posted by hangedtoaster (156 posts) -

One of these lovely audio jacks is currrently the bane of my existence, First world problems I know. As my A40's so recently discovered cords such as these really don't like to be tripped over and thus yanked out of there socket. Half of the actual connector ended up snapping off, thus begins my rage at my own stupidity and questioning why the cord was there in the first place. My first thought was to just go with the fuck it I'm lazy option and order a new cable from Astro, Sounds like a decent idea right? Nope not at all, because Astro runs it's entire operation out of the states, and having none of there audio stuff available at any retail store in canada I was forced to look to the online store to see what the damage would be. Cost for the cord? $15, Ok that's not awful a little more than I'd like to spend but I can bite that proverbial bullet. The shipping? $30, yeah you read that right 30 dollars to ship a bloody little cord up to Canada, already consumed with extreme rage (not really) I called up Astro's customer support too see if I could get something figured out. I was promptly told " Sorry the shipping and handling costs are there to insure your product arrives safely," I really love it when I'm told ostensibly that I'm shit out of luck. And so my tale ends here, I'm still pissed as hell at Astro's customer support for offering no help whatsoever (just put the cord in a envelope!!) And just so it's clear, I know that it's hella easy to replace one of those with about $5 and a half hour at most of my time so don't get on your high horse and tell me off for taking the lazy way out. I live in Canada the land of the motherfucking free

#2 Posted by AlexW00d (6433 posts) -

Aren't the company known for their not very good, very overpriced products? Unfortunately this kind of doesn't surprise me.

#3 Posted by hangedtoaster (156 posts) -

@AlexW00d: I've had the headset for around a year and a half with no issues up until now and this was my own fault. I'm kind of on the prowl for a new gaming headset specifically for use with my 360, with chat capabilities and all that.

#4 Posted by AlexW00d (6433 posts) -

@hangedtoaster said:

@AlexW00d: I've had the headset for around a year and a half with no issues up until now and this was my own fault. I'm kind of on the prowl for a new gaming headset specifically for use with my 360, with chat capabilities and all that.

Uhh, I'd have been able to recommend some new ones, but for PC. I don't know what Microsoft actually allows to work with the 360. Good luck anyway.