Teenage Xbox Runaway Found In Puerto Rico

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Hexpane

A 16-year-old teenager from Michigan has been found alive and safe after running off to Puerto Rico to live with a man she met over Xbox Live and pursue her dream of being a boxer.

Man her mom is one hawt d00d!
Man her mom is one hawt d00d!

Jasmine Rieberger was found by police on Tuesday, three days after she disappeared from her parents' Michigan home. The teen left a note saying in part, "I am not kidnapped," but her father Michael was nonetheless distraught when he spoke to ABC Detroit station WXYZ. "I'm worried I'll never see my daughter again," he said. "If she was killed, raped, I have no clue."

But the girl's mother, Stacey, said it later became apparent that the teenager met a 26-year-old man from Puerto Rico while playing her Xbox online. The pair began exchanging text messages and conversing over the telephone before she hopped a plane and flew to meet him. She used her "Sweet 16 birthday money" to buy the ticket, and before leaving she destroyed both her computer and her Xbox to cover her tracks.

Fortunately for her parents, she wasn't quite smart enough to dispose of the phone bills that contained her paramour's number, which made it relatively easy for Interpol to track the teen down to a house near San Juan, where she was living with him and his family. Despite the fact that she flew there voluntarily, the man has been detained by police.

"From what we gathered from the note is that he made promises to her," her mother said in an interview with Good Morning America. "[He] lured her there with some kind of promises to become a boxing champion."

Her mother was scheduled to fly to Puerto Rico today to join her husband and daughter. "[I] can't wait to see her," she said. She also gave a warning to parents of prospective teenage female boxing champs who got too damn much money for their 16th birthday. "No matter what you do, you can't protect them 100 percent of the time," she said. "The cell phone is another way the predators can get to them. That's how they got to my daughter."

While it's unclear who "they" are, WiredSafety founder and chief Perry Aftab concurred with the sentiment. "Parents don't realize kids are playing [videogames] and communicating," he said.

Source: ABC News, via GameCulture

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Shadow

a 16 year old teanager?  I thought those were a myth!

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hexpane
Shadow said:
"a 16 year old teanager?  I thought those were a myth!"
Excellent catch! I smell a budding EIC for you in a newsroom.  This is the kind of thing that drives writers batty, but it is necessary to correct the horrid copy being put out there. 
Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Bullet_Jr

Stupid girl. Oh well, not my problem.

Makes me laugh though.

destro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By destro

Hahaha, only in America man. That is one fugly ass bitch

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hexpane

I enjoyed the part where they found here living w/ the "man and his family" .  So this dude has a family already. Some fat ugly corn fed midwestern dumb chick shows up wanting to be a "boxer" and the family just says "oh yeah, your room is over there" and go about living their lives again? 

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

has a family all ready...it could have been his parents, cusins...ect hexpane. what a silly assumption.

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hexpane
WilliamRLBaker said:
"has a family all ready...it could have been his parents, cusins...ect hexpane. what a silly assumption."
what assumption are you assuming I made? 
wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#9  Edited By wefwefasdf

Wow. I don't know whether you should be upset with the guy or the fact that the girl is SO stupid.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By crunchUK

wtf

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Captain_Fookup
destro said:
"Hahaha, only in America man. That is one fugly ass bitch"

Did you not hear about that kid in Onterrible who ran away from home because his parents wanted to limit his time on his Xbox? He ended up climbing up a tree in the woods and falling to his death. There's only reason you should ever climb a tree is  if a bear wants to maul you to death and good luck those cocksuckers can climb.
Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bullet_Jr
Captain_Fookup said:
"destro said:
"Hahaha, only in America man. That is one fugly ass bitch"

Did you not hear about that kid in Onterrible who ran away from home because his parents wanted to limit his time on his Xbox? He ended up climbing up a tree in the woods and falling to his death. There's only reason you should ever climb a tree is  if a bear wants to maul you to death and good luck those cocksuckers can climb.
"
First off, I'd smoke a bear.

Second, teenage runaways are so 90's. It's 2009, I have more important problems to worry about.
Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Captain_Fookup
Bullet_Jr said:
First off, I'd smoke a bear.

Second, teenage runaways are so 90's. It's 2009, I have more important problems to worry about."

I just brought up because "destro" made us Canadians look like tools, heck the guy is from the same Province where the kid lived.
bombHills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By bombHills

I wonder what game they were playing when they met....

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Captain_Fookup
bombHills said:
"I wonder what game they were playing when they met...."

Facebreaker.