Ten tiny tidbits in TvC!

masterherocard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By masterherocard

It's the details that can help make a game. Well, ok, not always, but at least their fun to look at. Since I have recently been playing altogether too much tatsunoko vs capcom, i've noticed some small things that, for lack of better things to do, I've decided to bring to your attention. None of these are particularly useful (I think) but their neat in the fact that they exist. So, lets start with... 

10. Silver Lightan!: This ones simple, and you probably already saw it. Simply put, at least one of gold lightan's alternate colors turns him into Silver Lightan. What does this do? Well, they announce him as Silver Lightan, and he'll say that as his name. Other than that, nothing else. Still, it's a neat alternate costume situation. I don't know if anything changes with other alt colors though... Still, while on the topic of lightan, here's... 

9. Quickest way to kill a robot is with it's heart: While using lightan, if you use his forward arc super (smashes ground, grabs you with one hand, pulls out your soul and crushes it) On PTX, the part where you pull out a shiny soul-like thing will show you instead pulling out some kind of robotic heart. Once again, everything else stays the same, but I thought it was neat. No clue if it happens only on PTX, or if others get the same treatment.  

8. Witch Roll: If you've completed arcade mode with anyone else, you'll know of the minigame where you take doronjo and her goons, ride around on a cycle, and grab letters, all to a tune i'm somewhat familiar with. However, if you beat arcade mode with Roll, the ending sequence changes. Instead of the normal minigame, you play as roll, flying on her broom, to entirely different ending music. The goal (grab letters) is the same, but the mechanics change from jumping into letters to flying into them, and is just a neat little addition. 

7. Photogenic Frank and co.: This is something you'll see if you ever finish a fight with Frank West. In his victory pose, he holds his camera out to get a picture of himself. In a neat little twist, your partner will jump in behind him for a group photo. Unless their knocked out, in which case Frank takes his picture in solitude. 

6. Choices, choices...: In most character's endings, you are treated to a few pictures, some narration, and that's about it. In Jun (the swan)'s ending, you have to make a choice. I found this neat, as none of the other characters provide something like it. I also found it infuriating, as now i have to play with jun again just to get the other choice. Why not just look it up on youtube you say? Because I'm determined to get them all on my own, thankyouverymuchsenior. 

5. Multitalented: Batsu's three-point super relies on some teamwork. He'll call in his partner to perform a super with him, and together they will pave the road to his victory. However, depending on who you pick as his partner (if it's not random), he will do one of three super attacks (as far as I know of), each corresponding with one of his specials. What are they? go experiment and find out yourself (I.E. I'm too lazy to look up attack names) and, while on the topic of Batsu... 

4. Manly tears, and a friendly ghost: The super i spoke of above requires your partners assistance, so you'd think there'd be a problem if they weren't available... You'd be wrong about that though. You'll end up doing the same attack, but with two (or three) differences. The first difference is that all the while doing it, batsu will be crying, and I don't mean just crying, I mean waterfalls are falling from his eyes. The second difference is that your partner will show up, but (and here's the thing) AS A GHOST (and that's the thing. The third, possible, difference is a bit perplexing. I don't know if it's true or not (i've only tested it once, on one character, with one teammate) but from what I saw, it seemed to do MORE damage when your partner was gone. Don't quote me on this, but test it if you want. 

3. Bomb Rings: One of jun's attacks is to use her yoyo to tie bombs to her enemies. In total, they can carry five bombs at once on them, one for each arm, one for each foot, and one on their bodies. Third form Yami differs a bit. Instead of getting them in random places, each of them just gets tied around a different finger. Pointless and stupid? Yes, but so are most of these... and now that I think about it, what about yami's first form? I'll have to go check that one... 

2. Cheers!: In certain stages, your victory will be accompanied by characters in the background cheering for you. The space station and... er, flying thing from megaman legends (however it's spelled) both have them. The first has soldiers, the second has servebots. Are there cheerleaders anywhere else? Who knows! 

1. Talkative: When you beat certain characters with other certain characters in arcade mode, their dialogue wil occasionally change to reference them. So instead of "I beat him up" You get "hah, i beat (insert name here) up!".  actually, there are really just four kinds of victory dialogues in the game. the stock kind you'll normally get, the "beat the giant" kind when you beat lightan or PTX, the "insert name here kind" where it inserts your partner or opponent's name in there regardless of who they are, and the relavent kind, which is when character A specifically beats up/teams up with character B. 

And there you have it, Ten really minor things that you probably couldn't care much less about. 

Honorable mention goes to Ultimate all shooters, a minigame unlocked by getting each gold letter in the credit minigame. It was not included as it is not small, and I specifically said 'tiny' tidbits.  

And while I'm here, a word of warning. 
/rant: Don't waste your zenny on things other than alt colors. stage galleries just let you look at the stage without having to fight there, fighter galleries only include a single photo of the character, their ending pictures (after completion of course) a 3d model and voice clips... and special illustrations 1, 2, and 5 are the box art, the manual art, and a minutely changed box art. The movies are just the intro, the japanese original game intro, and a second intro that only has one more character added, who is just standing next to another character who was already in there, making it essentially the same exact thing (+1 character art piece). I swear, that shop is one of the saddest excuses of a video game shop i've ever seen. Why, i'd go so far as to say... /end rant. 

And there you go (for real this time). Feel free to check any of these, or add onto it. This has been a production of boredom.