Terminator Race for Dan? Nvm it exists already! Warforged!

FightMeNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By FightMeNerd

As a D&D player I have been in a handful of campaigns. In those caimpaigns I have had some strict and not so strict DM's. Twice DM'd a game myself. One thing I learned is that within reason you can tweak characters with permission from a DM.

In the last Mail Bag video they brought up D&D and Dan asked if he could be the Terminator. I know custom classes are ENTIRELY possible in D&D and have seen a couple in my games with varying levels of success. Sometimes they are vastly over-powered and the DM has to make on the fly changes, other times the class is so all over the place they are incapable of helping the party through out the campaign.

I was wondering how many D&D fans we have here that have experience in building custom classes. I asked Dan on twitter what version of D&D they are playing so we can maybe make a terminator class? I dunno something that cant be healed by magic or potions, etc but has heavier armor, etc etc.

Edit: Ok looks like it already exists! Nice to know Dan's idea isn't even far fetched.

Edit 2: Ok so race and class! lol

Avatar image for deactivated-64c89b592b282
deactivated-64c89b592b282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 38

No Caption Provided

"Your enchanted items, give dem to me, now!" -Dan

Warforged are terminators really. They don't eat, sleep, or breath and are really tough.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Warforged Grappler.

Done.

ejc93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Seems like it would be way more fun to force him out of his comfort zone.

FightMeNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ejc93: I think trying D&D is already beyond his comfort zone. Besides, I've never seen this class so I'd enjoy seeing someone use it.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Corevi

Warforged are fucking rad as hell. Not only are they unstoppable killing machines but they are also basically Dan.

"Since warforged are created physically mature many exhibit a childlike perspective that is often mistaken as naïve"

@badnews It's a race not a class. Classwise he should go with Monk and just punch people to death with his steel fists since guns don't exist.

FightMeNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi: Thank you for clearing that up!

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

limond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This depends on what edition of D&D they are playing. Warforged are in 3.5 and 4th but no material has been released with them in 5th edition.

Also if you want to be sticklers they are only available in Ebberon or homebrew worlds.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Just home brew some rules for a construct.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Corevi
@limond said:

This depends on what edition of D&D they are playing. Warforged are in 3.5 and 4th but no material has been released with them in 5th edition.

Also if you want to be sticklers they are only available in Ebberon or homebrew worlds.

The creator of Eberron made Warforged for 5th edition.

Here's just the important stuff for anyone who is in a position to get this info to Dan.

WARFORGED TRAITS

As a warforged, you have the following racial traits.

Ability Score Adjustments: Your Constitution score increases by 2.

Living Construct:Even though you were constructed, you are a humanoid. You are immune to disease. You do not need to breathe, eat or drink, but you can ingest food or drink if you wish.

UnsleepingSentinel: Warforged don’t need to sleep. Instead, they settle into a resting state, remaining semiconscious for 4 hours each day. While in this rest state, you are fully aware of your surroundings. After resting in this way, you gain the same benefit that a human does from 8 hours of sleep.

Warforged Resilience: You have advantage on saving throws against poison, and you have resistance against poison damage.

Integrated Armor:When you are not wearing armor, your AC is 12 + your Dexterity modifier. During a short rest, you can bond a suit of armor you are wearing to your body. When you finish that short rest, the armor you are wearing is bonded to you, and it cannot subsequently be removed from your body until you finish another short rest during which time you remove the bonded armor.

Self-Stabilizing:

You have advantage on death saving throws.

Languages:You can speak, read, and write Common.

Type:Multiple types of warforged are found among the worlds of D&D, including warforged scouts and warforged soldiers. Choose one of these types.

Warforged Scout

Ability Score Increase:Your Dexterity score increases by 1.

Size: Small

Speed: 35 feet

Warforged Soldier

Ability Score Increase:Your Strength score increases by 1.

Size:Medium

Speed:30 feet

queenoflasers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played a premade Warforged in a 4th ed. one-off once. The only thing I remember about it is failing an acrobatics check and falling through a table.

FightMeNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi: Holy shit nice, thanks for including all the stats too.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I need your robes, your boots, and your horse