Thank you mods!

Flavbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I just wanted to take a moment to thank Rorie and the rest of the mods for their hard work this past day moderating the Yet Another Developer Leaves Their Home Following Harassment story. Moderating a website is hard work partly because it often is unnoticed, unless something goes wrong.

So thanks guys for sorting out all the awfulness for the rest of us!

hippocrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By hippocrit

I second this! Also, thanks for the work you put into the less inflammatory threads!

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Seconded! They deserve all the props.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was a hell of an article to moderate I'm sure. I've been moderated once before, I didn't know we were not allowing discussion about a certain something, and my thread was locked. I immediately got a pm from a mod explaining the situation and opening the floor if I wanted to refute the lock, which I didn't. Mods here are pretty cool

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Slaegar

Rories and mods are still peoples and they act like it, which is nice. I remember when I let my subscription lapse for about a month because I was addicted to Civ 5 and had no time to watch Giant Bomb stuff and said so in the little comment box, then Rorie replied to me about how he could relate.

They can delete my posts and lock my threads, but I'm going to continue to appreciate them.

No Caption Provided

Unless they don't like anime. Then they are inhuman monsters.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I haven't been following it, but was there a problem with that story? A lot of new accounts coming in to make a fuss or something?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@cale said:

I haven't been following it, but was there a problem with that story? A lot of new accounts coming in to make a fuss or something?

All you have to do is look at the fact that there are only 875 (oops 873 now) comments on that thread despite the fact that it is 21 pages (1000-1050 posts) long.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Yeah, the mods put up with bullshit so we don't have to. It's very much appreciated.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I usually come into controversial topics late and they seem civilized. Like nothing ever happened.

Cleaning up like a covert strike team.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cale said:

All you have to do is look at the fact that there are only 875 (oops 873 now) comments on that thread despite the fact that it is 21 pages (1000-1050 posts) long.

Ah, didn't know it worked like that. Now I do!

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ShaggE

I thought it would be interesting to follow the thread with a moderator's eye yesterday, knowing it was going to be a shitshow (I used to moderate a rather rambunctious forum), and yeah... the team did an awesome job. Posts deleted less than a minute after they showed up, responding to questions calmly in the heat of the moment, etc.

I don't agree with everything they do, but the mods here are really on top of things.

... That should buy me a couple of freebie fuck-ups, right? :P

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

i may have some years old unfinished business to get resolved with the mod team, but generally speaking the mods are fantastic and do a terrific job making this place better for all.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

I don't know if it was intentional timing, but the new rules are getting quite the stress test.

Really appreciate all the very hard work mods! Hope things calm down soon for you guys!