• 127 results
#101 Posted by revolve (28 posts) -

I think that anyone with a working sense of empathy and compassion can understand, and relate(Hopefully fewer rather than many people!) to what you guys are going through, so I doubt that people will have an issue with there being less content this week than normal. And I hope everyone at Giant Bomb understands how much Ryan will be missed by the masses, even though it pales in comparison to his family and friends. And hey, we got a lot out of Ryan, and he will be immortalized, not just by the sheer volume of content he was in, but also I think, in our hearts and minds.

#102 Posted by Itwongo (1202 posts) -

Thank you, Matt. It's good to hear this :)

#103 Edited by coakroach (2491 posts) -

I hope you guys get through this alright, take your time.

#104 Posted by TruthTellah (9131 posts) -

Whoops, that was the wrong(?) gif...

Here:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/c24685f3e83c4c14c0c4cacf5e1582d1/tumblr_mpbqr7wv281qasthro1_500.gif

#105 Posted by Nardak (496 posts) -

There probably wont be a bombcast this week. Its way too early at this stage to do a podcast.

Maybe they will do a podcast next week. Would be great to have a podcast where the crew of Giant Bomb could reminiscence about Ryan.

#106 Edited by StriderNo9 (1092 posts) -

Thanks Rorie. Hope you guys can comfort each other in this tough time.

#107 Edited by Fobwashed (2076 posts) -

@rorie: Happy to know you guys can take some time to process what's happened. The community is here for anything you guys need. If there's anything I/we can do to help, all you gotta do is ask. <>

#108 Posted by JRM (59 posts) -

Appreciate you touching base with us Rorie. The GB crew should take all the time they need.

#109 Posted by librariangmr (179 posts) -

Thanks very much for the update. I hope you guys are hanging in there.

#110 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1978 posts) -

I think the fact you guys felt like you even needed to reach out or explain yourselves shows just how considerate and thoughtful the lot of you are. I continue to feel for you guys and Ryan's family and hope you all heal/get everything sorted out as best you can.

Good god, that is the cutest thing I've ever seen.

#111 Posted by Skywarpgold (153 posts) -

@rorie: We all love you guys. Take all the time you need.

#112 Edited by Spoonman671 (4642 posts) -

Ryan absolutely deserves all these well-wishes. There are loads of guys that could tell you what time it was, but only Ryan Davis could really let you know what day it was... uh, as long as that day was Tuesday.

#113 Posted by csl316 (8705 posts) -

If you take this week's highlighted videos on the front page, this may be Giant Bomb's greatest content week ever.

Seriously, take it easy. We'll still be here when you guys are ready.

#114 Posted by NegativeCero (3003 posts) -

Take all the time you need. We'll be here to support you guys when you get back.

#115 Edited by Shepuisat (29 posts) -

~Hugs~ Rorie. You and the other Duders just look after yourselves, don't worry about us. <>

#116 Posted by cblanknz (19 posts) -

Thanks Rorie, as everyone has said take your time make sure everything is right before you guys come back.

#117 Posted by Blair (2507 posts) -

Thanks for the update @rorie!

I'm going to take this moment to share just how much I love you, Rorie. This is like that Seinfeld episode where Jerry finds feelings. Big hugs and lots of love. Stay strong guys.

xo

#118 Edited by FirebirdINF (275 posts) -

Thanks, @rorie. My condolences to the whole crew.

Child's play donation widget is already set up, it seems.

As for "something incredibly stupid", I remember on one of the bombcasts, Ryan said that he would like to have one of those giant Asian gongs that he could ring with a mallet. Could we pull together some yuans and get a Ryan Davis gong installed in the Bomb HQ

#119 Edited by LegendaryChopChop (1210 posts) -

No problem. Nobody here expects you guys to reply to all of us and let us know how it is going.

This is the hardest time in the history of the site, no doubt.

#120 Posted by VACkillers (1063 posts) -

Ryan has been in our hearts and minds every since GB started and its an impossible task to just imagine this place without him, or the whole industry as a whole, especially with someone that was so excited and "ready" for the next gen stuff in November. Least we can all do is show our love and respect for a man that has given us gamers so much over the years with some VERY memorable moments whether game related or not....

Thank you Rorie.. best wishes...

#121 Edited by Miyuki (176 posts) -

Take the time you guys need... I can't even imagine what it must be like. I've been watching the greatest hits again, and it's sad but I'm so glad you're putting them out front.

#122 Posted by Winterstrike (62 posts) -

Don't worry Matt. Thanks for the post and take all the time you need. Thanks a lot Giantbomb crew.

#123 Posted by sixpin (1292 posts) -

Take your time. Know that when you guys get back we will be here to heal along with you. Ryan will be forever missed. We all lost a great host, a talented writer, and a friend.

Thanks for sharing Ryan with us.

#124 Posted by DutchMeat (64 posts) -

Thanks Rorie. Take all the time you guys need. I know I'm not going anywhere.

#125 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -

I love you guys (Rorie already knows this to a disturbing degree as a result of my asking constant question for the Screened podcast way back when). Please just come back whenever you're ready.

#126 Posted by FLStyle (4712 posts) -

I don't plan on going anywhere, you guys take as long as you need.

#127 Edited by lilarchie232 (728 posts) -

Thanks for the update, I can't help but admire everyone's strength throughout all this. Take some time, we're all behind you!

#128 Edited by h0lgr (908 posts) -

This is the best website on the Internet. We'll always be here. Take your time!
Meantime, I'm gonna (and I know some others will aswell) pour one out for our fallen homie.
Thanks, Rorie and the crew.