#1 Posted by Rabbykayn (213 posts) -

It might seem obvious, but I just wanted to say thanks to everyone running the site and the forums for letting us all grieve with each other over the last week. A lot of places online would've cracked down on the amount of threads and directed us all into one big thread. I think it's been really helpful just stepping back and letting things happen. As sad as this whole thing is, it's really been great interacting with you all and it has helped me with Ryan's passing. I don't have people in real life to share this with (aside from my non-gaming wife).

Thank you staff. You have been doing a great job.

#2 Posted by NakAttack (1289 posts) -

Yes, thank you everyone.

#3 Edited by Xymox (2024 posts) -

Yeah, thanks everyone for not cracking down on people making threads and doing the internet standard responses like

"We already have a thread for this"
"Search before you post a new topic"
and "Don't bump old threads"

It's been helpful to just let things be.

#4 Posted by TruthTellah (7641 posts) -

Absolutely. Thank you mods and staff for being so professional through all of this and trying to do the best you can. Your efforts have certainly made a difference, and I'm glad that we can all try to get through this time together.

#5 Edited by SpaceInsomniac (3325 posts) -

@xymox said:

Yeah, thanks everyone for not cracking down on people making threads and doing the internet standard responses like

Couldn't agree more. It was kind of amazing to open the forums and see literally EVERY thread on the first page devoted to Ryan.

#6 Edited by vegetashonor (540 posts) -

It's why this site is thr BEST!

#7 Posted by Marino (4101 posts) -

Staff
#8 Posted by Grissefar (2843 posts) -

Yeah thank you mods for not being assholes to people grieving about the recently deceased site co-creator.

I don't know man, thanks is perhaps thanks is a little much in this case. After all, it would take a gigantic asshole of a mod to start locking threads in this situation.

Sure there can be an asshole mod here and there on Giant Bomb depending on their mood, but nothing that constitutes assholery to that degree, of course. Ha ! Ha !

#9 Posted by narujoe93 (2429 posts) -

The forums on this site are a gem. Almost every post I see is worth looking at, and it's all because of the mods.

As for staff, you guys put out the best stuff on the web (IMO), no other site (not even netflix) has given me the same amount/quality of enjoyment this site has.

I wholly cherish Giant Bomb, and the people that make it tick.

Thank You!

#10 Posted by altairre (997 posts) -

I can only repeat what has already been said.

You can't have a community without a few assholes and without differences concerning certain topics but in the last days this place has been incredible. However snarky threads or comments can become, there has been very little of that and all of the little writeups helped to deal with the situation and to celebrate what Ryan and the crew achieved over the last years.

Thanks to the community, the mods and of course especially the crew.

#11 Posted by Baltimore (250 posts) -

A heart felt 'thank you' from myself and my wife.

#12 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (5794 posts) -

@xymox said:

We already have threads for this, so search before you post a new topic - and good gravy, y'all, don't be bumpin' dem old threads.

No, seriously, thank you to the community for being so amazing this last week. I've said it in a couple of other posts before, but you guys and gals have really recharged my batteries (Internet Robocopz take AAA batteries) with the outpouring and the warmth you've all shown one another.

All right, enough with the sappy shit. Go make somethin' 'splode in a video game.

#13 Edited by falserelic (4941 posts) -

Yes, Thanks to all the mods for making GB a friendlier community. Taking out the negativity (Including me) and making it into positivity. The mods do there jobs with such love and compassion. They're like lions waiting in the bushes for there next prey. Being a mod is like being a parent, they'll discipline you if you step out of line. I should know sense last year I caught the attention of a few mods.

They have power I don't want to see anymore. Sometimes they might abuse that power, but its all for the right reasons. Aleast that's what I'm lead to believe. Anyway keep up with the fantastic lock a thread streak with love...

#14 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (2594 posts) -

Great job dudes, especially over the past week.

#15 Posted by Rabbykayn (213 posts) -

Yeah thank you mods for not being assholes to people grieving about the recently deceased site co-creator.

I don't know man, thanks is perhaps thanks is a little much in this case. After all, it would take a gigantic asshole of a mod to start locking threads in this situation.

Sure there can be an asshole mod here and there on Giant Bomb depending on their mood, but nothing that constitutes assholery to that degree, of course. Ha ! Ha !

Someone had to be "that" guy -- didn't they?

#16 Edited by Miyuki (174 posts) -

Yes, thanks! I am on a fair number of gaming forums, and this is by far the friendliest. I've been a mod before, and I know it's not an easy job!

#17 Posted by BD_Mr_Bubbles (1678 posts) -

Thanks everyone.