#1 Posted by Jakethesnakeyea (55 posts) -

Even though all the sites will still continue to run, It's sad to see the family break up. From tested segments with ryan saying the coffee needs to be blacker, to Gary telling Ryan to "just shoot them", it's been a hell of a great relationship between the sites. I'll continue my membership to giant bomb and comic vine, and continue visiting all the sites regardless. I'll still have a whiskey media folder on my favorites bar, and I'll still happily eat up all the content you guys can put out. Cheers.

#2 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

Toast.

#3 Posted by RoboRobb (1052 posts) -

Your T-Shirt belongs to CBS now

#4 Posted by leinad44 (523 posts) -

And let the douchebag comments commence! In all seriousness, I'm the same and I wish all sites the best.

#5 Posted by BaconGames (3483 posts) -

Somehow those original subscriber shirts are even more valuable to me.

#6 Edited by therealnelsk (308 posts) -

@BestUsernameEver:

Toast.

This man gets it.

#7 Posted by Djratchet (669 posts) -

Gonna rock my WM shirt today in memory, haha. I really hope this all turns out well.

#8 Posted by PerryVandell (2104 posts) -

This means all these T-shirts are now worth millions right?

#9 Posted by TheGanjaKing (63 posts) -

Totally agree. I couldn't be more excited for these guys and what they're going to be able to do.

#10 Posted by Winternet (8025 posts) -

@PerryVandell said:

Pretty much, yeah.

#11 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

Meep.

#12 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@Winternet said:

@PerryVandell said:

Pretty much, yeah.

So is GB's plan to ride this out for a few months, cash in with t-shirts/Warlords hustling and retire?

#13 Posted by DrDarkStryfe (1139 posts) -

I'm still a bit concerned about the future of Matt Rorie. He has yet to post something official about all of this.

#14 Posted by Gatehouse (663 posts) -

@Jakethesnakeyea: Here here. I'm sad to see the end of our little island of internet awesomeness. Here's hoping it'll lead to pastures new and exciting.

#15 Posted by kristov_romanov (462 posts) -

@DrDarkStryfe: Yeah, same here. I am looking forward to what happens to everything else.

#16 Posted by Jakethesnakeyea (55 posts) -

@DrDarkStryfe: Matt's a really, really damn smart and funny guy, he'll be fine.

#17 Posted by Aaron_G (1616 posts) -

Sad to see it broken up, but in the end the destruction of Whiskey Media has made all the awesome sites better in the end.

#18 Posted by PerryVandell (2104 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

@Winternet said:

@PerryVandell said:

Pretty much, yeah.

So is GB's plan to ride this out for a few months, cash in with t-shirts/Warlords hustling and retire?

It's not the worst idea. Warlords skill will get you far.

#19 Posted by Jakethesnakeyea (55 posts) -

I'm not sure I like the idea of the sites splitting up, but I DO love whiskey. Booooooooy do I like whiskey. Not even talking 'bout websites anymore. DAMN i need some jack.

#20 Posted by HarlequinRiot (1098 posts) -

The sites being broken apart is the main thing that bums me out about this news. I liked seeing Gary/Norm/Will/Matt pop up in GB content.

#21 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
Every March 15, people will don Whiskey Media membership tees in memory of what once was.
#22 Posted by Jakethesnakeyea (55 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rvj0wcNpKQs&feature=related

#23 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

Pour a bottle of whiskey out for whiskey.

#24 Posted by FilipHolm (669 posts) -

Cheers.

#25 Posted by Tamaster92 (271 posts) -

Cheers guys. Your the only website I EVER paid for, good luck have batman

#26 Posted by Mikemcn (6996 posts) -

I'm still terrified.

#27 Posted by kagato (944 posts) -

Im a bit sad about the break up of the other Whisky sites, with the exception of Gary (seriously im from the UK and he just makes me cringe everytime he opens his mouth) ill miss everyone popping in randomly. I hope we will still see them pop along for whenever we get a happy hour type event but it wont be quite the same without them. Still, Kevin V and Ryan McDonald will likely be guests at some point since they are in the same building so its not all bad.