That Flash feature_scroller thing on the front page...

Sunjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Sunjammer

Just a few things that have been bugging me...

1. Why is the framerate so low? It looks like it's at 12 still; surely you can push that up to 30 or 40? It's not like it's costing users cycles when it isn't in a transition (unless you update positions on ENTER_FRAME though I assume TweenLite or something like it?)

2. The text of items below the first is *always* obscured. Sometimes so much so i often have to scroll TO that item to be able to know what it's even about. I don't think this is a good idea. You can work around that pretty fast by dropping the alpha of the preceding item to .8 and i don't think anyone would cry foul. Regardless though, it's consistently annoying to me.

3. My instinct is that there is a queue of items, but there's no easy way to see how long the queue is. Since it's a looping queue, the chronology of items can be somewhat confusing once you start scrolling. I'd like some form of timestamp, or making it non-looping (which sucks, because a.push(a.shift()) is the world's most beautiful shorthand). I guess i'd just like to see where it begins and where it ends, if chronology is of any importance.

Anyways, just my $.2

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By JoelTGM

Wow I made a thread about this same thing at the same time.