• 55 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Has there been a game you never beat? One you tried numerous times but couldn't? For me it has to be Pikmin and Mass effect 2. I was always a part short in Pikmin. In Mass effect 2 there was a area where they sent a huge army of enemys at me. I was low on ammo and I didn't want to lower the difficulty or I couldn't get the achievement.

#2 Edited by falserelic (5461 posts) -

Tomb Raider: Underworld. The puzzles in that game was just extraordinary. Btw.. the game is on my hard drive

#3 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

alpha protocol.

i got it on a steam sale last year for like 2 bucks or something super low like that. i didnt even really want it, but 2 bucks for a big game like that, of course i got it. played like 12-15 hours or something, was really enjoying it and well uh. i stopped cus i had to go away for a week, when i came back i had COMPLETELY lost the thread on the plot so its just been sitting there. its installed right now. but man i cant get myself to play it agian for whatever reason.

#4 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Top Gun

#5 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

Every time I look up my Achievements for Viva Pinata on Giant bomb I always think about getting the last few I need.

#6 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

Umm, all of them?

#7 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Red Faction: Guerrilla. Got 15 hours in and then my save file corrupted! Zero interest in starting over.

#8 Posted by ervonymous (1297 posts) -
#9 Posted by Jeust (10733 posts) -

Now the game I am having difficulty to beat is Planescape Torment. The game looks and has an awesome atmosphere, but it's so text heavy. Three or four conversations and I'm ready to throw down the towel.

#10 Posted by Rebel_Scum (739 posts) -

The orange box. Havn't finished a single title yet but I'm pretty far through Half Life 2 Ep 1. And for the Wii Zelda Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy and New Super Mario Bros

#11 Posted by Fearbeard (833 posts) -

The Witcher 2

Not due to difficulty or anything, but I bought it on PC, and I bought it on Xbox 360 and I haven't played more then an hour or two of either version.

In terms of difficulty I was doing fine in CoD 4: Modern Warfare on either Hardened or Veteran and then I got to the point where you have to survive against a huge wave of enemies. Kept dying and dying and eventually I just gave up and went down to normal. Haven't even tried it on Hardened or Veteran since.

#12 Posted by Daneian (1245 posts) -

Mega Man Legends 2. I love the first and have gotten to the end of the second twice.

#13 Posted by Hunter5024 (5805 posts) -

First Mass Effect. The story sounds awesome but the gameplay is awful. Every so often I try and go back and start it up but am immediately repulsed by its combat. I think I've bought and sold that game 3 times.

Online
#14 Posted by Getz (3092 posts) -

Hmm, Catherine has been mocking me for awhile now. I like the story and characters but I just can't force myself through another tedious block puzzle.

#15 Posted by ShaggE (6543 posts) -

So, so many games. For all my years of experience, I'm just not very good.

#16 Posted by Slurpelve (615 posts) -

Yea Mass Effect 2 is mine.

Fucking scions

#17 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3064 posts) -

The Thing. I beat one of the last bosses and finished with almost no health and no way to heal, and I was guaranteed to take damage climbing a staircase that was on fire. And now my disc doesn't work.

#18 Posted by wordfalling (193 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

Every time I look up my Achievements for Viva Pinata on Giant bomb I always think about getting the last few I need.

Ditto. For some reason with Viva Pinata I love it to a point and then want nothing to do with it. Earlier this year I started a new garden and got quite far and then just stopped playing, again. I fired up the launcher a few weeks ago but quit out of it.

#19 Posted by BoG (5191 posts) -

Paper Mario 2 and Chrono Trigger. I'm on the last boss in both games, but just can't beat it, or work up enough enthusiasm to try again.

#20 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

@wordfalling said:

@Dagbiker said:

Every time I look up my Achievements for Viva Pinata on Giant bomb I always think about getting the last few I need.

Ditto. For some reason with Viva Pinata I love it to a point and then want nothing to do with it. Earlier this year I started a new garden and got quite far and then just stopped playing, again. I fired up the launcher a few weeks ago but quit out of it.

Its the same for me as well. I get about halfway with my garden and quit.

#21 Posted by DeF (4921 posts) -

@Rebel_Scum said:

The orange box. Havn't finished a single title yet but I'm pretty far through Half Life 2 Ep 1.

how are you playing Episode 1 if you haven't finished Half Life 2 proper?!?

#22 Posted by wordfalling (193 posts) -

@SexyToad: It is my favorite Rare game and I've sunk many hours into it but I always cast it aside. Odd but I got my money's worth... $40 and probably 80 or so hours of gameplay.

#23 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1809 posts) -

@SexyToad: I've bought and sold, tried and failed, loved and hated Metroid Prime. I first started playing that game when I was twelve, twelve!!! That's eight years ago.

#24 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

Scooby Doo: Cyber Chase.

FUCK THAT GAME.

It's unbeatable.

#25 Edited by HisDudeness (253 posts) -

Final Fantasy VII, I think I'm about to finish CD 2, though I've been playing it for the last 4 years... Also Wind Waker, I'm on the last castle.

Edit: Also ICO.

#26 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

Final Fantasy XII and Tales of Vesperia.

Some day...some day.

#27 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Dragons Dogma. Hardly played it, but I was getting destroyed by everything and I hardly knew what was going on.

#28 Posted by fei0x (111 posts) -

everything from Rockstar

#29 Posted by csl316 (8928 posts) -
@falserelic

Tomb Raider: Underworld. The puzzles in that game was just extraordinary. Btw.. the game is on my hard drive

That level with the motorcycle going between different tombs was intense! Just barely got through without an FAQ.
#30 Posted by mosespippy (4278 posts) -

There are not many games that I have started and haven't finished. Before I got PS+ it was only 5 out of my 96 games. Now I have more games than time to play them. The one I haven't finished that I have been meaning to is PataPon. That game just requires you to play in a completely distraction free room in order to do well and I can't do that. It's also super grindy. It's such a shame since I have heard that the ending to that game is revolutionary and one of the best in video games.

@Canteu: Dude, go back and finish FF XII. It is the best FF game but I would bet that less than 10% of players finished it which makes me sad.

#31 Posted by falserelic (5461 posts) -

@csl316 said:

@falserelic

Tomb Raider: Underworld. The puzzles in that game was just extraordinary. Btw.. the game is on my hard drive

That level with the motorcycle going between different tombs was intense! Just barely got through without an FAQ.

I don't think I got that far. I gave up once I got to the mansion.

#32 Posted by SockemJetpack (408 posts) -

Batman: Arkham City. The problem is definitely not the difficulty but the fact that I'm a magpie. If I see something shiny I have to go grab it and if I can\t get it right away I have to think about how I can. Ooh! Balloons! Let's pop 'em all with my batarangs! Oooh! Surveillance cameras! Let's break 'em all with my batarangs. And so on and so forth.

I punched a shark in his stupid shark face though. That was satisfying.

#33 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -

@mosespippy: The reason I haven't finished it is because it's boring as fuck. I'm literally doing nothing but move the left stick to get through it.

#34 Posted by pyromagnestir (4326 posts) -

Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past. I think I'm at the second to last dungeon.

#35 Posted by mosespippy (4278 posts) -

@Canteu said:

@mosespippy: The reason I haven't finished it is because it's boring as fuck. I'm literally doing nothing but move the left stick to get through it.

Which is great because you can play it while also eating a pizza. I like that they took the manual work out of grinding. I wish more RPGs would do that.

#36 Posted by indieslaw (354 posts) -

@ShadowConqueror: Oh man, I definitely always meant to pick that up. I'll have to check and see if that's on the backwards compatibility list.

#37 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

@mosespippy: Well the thing is I can't eat pizza for like 60 hours. I don't need to grind because I did a lot of it already. It's just so boring and incredibly easy.

And the audio compression kills me.

#38 Posted by inknail (155 posts) -

@ShadowConqueror said:

The Thing. I beat one of the last bosses and finished with almost no health and no way to heal, and I was guaranteed to take damage climbing a staircase that was on fire. And now my disc doesn't work.

I remember this one. Trust me, you didn't miss a lot. Just fighting a ton of human enemies followed by a giant sea anemone who decided to transform in the middle of some convenient flammable barrels.

Let's see, in my sad list we have:

Mega Man X6: If you've played it, you probably know how ridiculously frustrating this game can be when it decides to build impossible levels for you.

Mega Man X8: I got to Sigma's final form, but for some reason never figured out a solid strategy to approach him with (largely because I felt forced to use Zero and Axl as the mission team).

.hack//infection: I never beat the last boss...

Close Combat: A Bridge to Far: why

Turok: Evolution: NO

#39 Posted by Levius (1167 posts) -

Skyrim, the sad thing is I really like the game but I really don't have the time.

#40 Posted by Rebel_Scum (739 posts) -

@DeF said:

@Rebel_Scum said:

The orange box. Havn't finished a single title yet but I'm pretty far through Half Life 2 Ep 1.

how are you playing Episode 1 if you haven't finished Half Life 2 proper?!?

I don't know really. Thats probably why its in the closet along with the rest of the Orange Box.

#41 Posted by Binman88 (3689 posts) -

Battletoads in Ragnarok's World.

#42 Posted by DeF (4921 posts) -

@Rebel_Scum said:

@DeF said:

@Rebel_Scum said:

The orange box. Havn't finished a single title yet but I'm pretty far through Half Life 2 Ep 1.

how are you playing Episode 1 if you haven't finished Half Life 2 proper?!?

I don't know really. Thats probably why its in the closet along with the rest of the Orange Box.

that literally makes zero sense.

you're weird :D

#43 Posted by Humanity (9569 posts) -

All my games have come out of the closet thankfully. It was just awkward after a while.

#44 Posted by Rebel_Scum (739 posts) -

@SockemJetpack said:

Batman: Arkham City. The problem is definitely not the difficulty but the fact that I'm a magpie. If I see something shiny I have to go grab it and if I can\t get it right away I have to think about how I can. Ooh! Balloons! Let's pop 'em all with my batarangs! Oooh! Surveillance cameras! Let's break 'em all with my batarangs. And so on and so forth.

I punched a shark in his stupid shark face though. That was satisfying.

Should've used this

#46 Posted by amir90 (2164 posts) -

Final Fantasy 13, fuck that game.

#47 Posted by jvdgoot (73 posts) -
#48 Posted by LikeaSsur (1562 posts) -

If by "beat" you mean "play from title card to end credits," then there's only a few left that I can say I've yet to beat. Namely Final Fantasy 13, Valkyria Chronicles, and Star Ocean: The Last Hope.

However, I take the word to mean "Get all achievements/trophies," which means I have a looooot of games to still beat.

#49 Posted by Vexxan (4623 posts) -

I bought Bulletstorm during the summer sale and after 10 minutes of it I could already tell you I will never play this shit game again.

#50 Posted by NTM (7473 posts) -

@UKSamwise said:

Dead Space, I will finish it before the year is out!

Booooooo. It must be beaten, and then two, must be beaten.