bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

Edited By bonbolapti

Ganbare!! Bon.9

It’s been a while since I’ve had time to sit down and talk about video games. I’ve been preoccupied with things that I really enjoy doing and for some reason none of it actually involved picking up a controller (more on that later). That’s not to say that I don’t want to “game” in-fact I’ve been primarily on the portable devices for the past 5 weeks.

I’ve been playing too many things: Monster Hunter 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3r-D, Tomodachi Life, Smash Bros, Mario Kart 7, all the picross, and Animal Crossing as well. Yet this is where the tale gets dire.

No Caption Provided

It’s been a great couple of weeks in my Animal Crossing town. Denare still bustling with familiar faces, a couple of new ones, and I’m happy that the horrible creatures have left town. Isabelle still blissfully ignorant of the world outside the mayor’s office, and no weeds to pull because of my forward thinking about how I don’t play the game that often.

It was a great couple of weeks, a time that I’ll never forget.

Until… I actually forgot about it.

Some time ago, a friday shin-dig was going down for the Journalism department that I attend at school. It was the big “five-oh” and I was more than happy to be the helping hand with setting up and knocking down, So I was very much preoccupied with the events of the evening.

Thinking nothing of it, I put my bag down beside the other expensive equipment because ‘What’s the harm, there’s a lot of people here’.

Till about 11 or so at night, I went to look for it, probably to check my street passes, but to my dismay the bag was gone. A hoodie, school books, external hard-drive, art supplies and a 3DS g’shtolen, ninja’d outta there like a bump in the night.. uh yeah.

I searched around, and couldn’t find it, so I asked those that were manning the doors all evening.

Someone caught wind of a shifty looking fellow walking at a fast-pace carrying a black messenger bag that seemed to fit my description. I’m going through the stages of having something taken away from me.

Worry, Sadness, anger, apathy.

In the end I set aside my problems with it, as most things in that bag, including the bag itself, were easily replaceable. Though I’m now out a hefty brand-spanking-new 3DS, the thing that bothers me the most, is that Animal Crossing was in that device. It could have been something I don’t care about, like Mario Party: Island Tour, or Tomodachi Life.

Now all I can imagineis a dark and stormy night. All the animals huddled into their houses because there’s something in the air that makes them uneasy… probably because they can sense danger. As Isabelle is burning the midnight oil while I’m away. A faint knocking is at the door.

She doesn’t notice it at first, but caught it at the end of the second time. Just as her ears perked up, the knocking happens a third time.

A smell starts reeking through the door as it is forced open the same time lighting hits the ground. The thunder rolls as a grinning hobo comes into focus.

“You’re not the mayor.” She whimpers…

----------

The Witcher III, on the other hand, I am enjoying despite it’s control. Not that the control is bad, I just never expected it to feel like I was playing GTA. Something about that movement just strikes me as far too similar.

In it’s early game it’s far more engaging for me in a way that Dragon Age: Inquisition never was. I remember a lot of my struggle with DA:I was that I didn’t want to be this leader that everyone was putting on a pedestal. I wanted to have the option to violently shake everyone and tell them to stop.

So it’s good that I started playing Witcher on the 3rd installment, because I don’t know. (On topic of not knowing, by accident I selected ‘simulate a witcher 2 save file’. So A character showed up and asked me a bunch of questions to scenarios I’ve never experienced. So that’s fun.)

At least, I’m looking forward to playing more of it, when I can.

No Caption Provided

In-terms of what I’ve really been up to for the past month, as I am a journalism student, some classmates and I have started a fun project called “Newsfriends” which is primarily a podcast but we also try to make a video a week. So I don’t know if news that doesn’t relate to videogames is your thing, but if you ever (for some reason) ask yourself “Why hasn’t Bon blogged lately?” at least you now know why.

bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

@ossi: Maybe when I have a certain level of trust within the community I become careless with my worldly possessions. This is a life lesson, but I really hope Pekoe is ok. #sorrygurl