The 2010 video games "Bottle Neck"=Blood Bath.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By mordukai

We have talked in length about how MW2 and AC2 have scared off most major releases into 2010 but not a lot have been said about what is going to happen in 2010 because of that. With so many high profile games coming out within a time span of three to four months I feel that a lot of "minor profile" games are going to suffer heavily because of that.  I also think that a lot of people are forgetting that games like MW2, AC2, Uncharted 2 and ODST are still going to be a serious competition to all those games and are still going to sell very well months after they release.  
I am also afraid for games from the same studio that will directly compete with each other like EA will have Dragon Age: Origins compete with Mass Effect 2, Ubisoft will have Assassin's Creed 2 competing with Splinter Cell: Convictions, 2K will have Borderlands compete with Bioshock 2 and Sony will have MAG competing against Uncharted 2 and God of War 3 and Heavy Rain. Though most of the games listed above are different from one another they will competing for some piece of the same pie, our wallets. I feel games like heavy Rain, Alan Wake, Red Steel 2 and a bunch of other ones will suffer from all those High Profile tasted games that people know for sure they will buy. 

Another point I would like to mention is the one Jeff pointed out in his X-Play interview I also feel that many teenage gamers who depend so much on games being given to them as part os their Christmas gifts are going to suffer because of that. I also feel the same as Jeff does and I actually brought that point up in a discussion I had with a friend of mine not too long ago. I know some of the young gamer have jobs or save up their money or just have loaded parents but many don't and I feel kinda sorry for the young gamers who will have to make a choice between one game or the other.  

I would love to hear your opinions on this subject and please let me know if I missed anything. 

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Yeah, I think that early 2010 is going to be rough for some studios on extremely good for others. A few popular high-profile games will do tremendously well as people go drop their Best Buy gift cards on them. Smaller profile games (Bayonetta for example) are going to end up fighting for the scraps and are probably going to be devastated by how low their sales are. Just take a look at how poorly Mirror's Edge sold last holiday season. Even with a decent amount of ad money behind it, that game failed to find a foothold with consumers due to the market being flooded with games that people are more familiar with.

HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By HairyMike87
@Mordukai said:
" I also feel that many teenage gamers who depend so much on games being given to them as part os their Christmas gifts are going to suffer because of that. "
Well, teenagers shouldn't have to worry about not being able to get most of those mature games because they shouldn't be playing them anyway. 2010 looks to be a good start for a lot of cool games coming out. The only ones that catch my eye are Mass Effect 2 and God of War III. I'll have to see how the others stack up against all of the rest.