The Best Buy $10 Game Sale 4/26/08

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By toowalrus

Well, I just got back from my local Best Buy. I got there 20 minutes late, unfortunately. I picked up:

• Pure
  • Red Alert 3
  • Silent Hill

for $20 (I had a $10 rewards card). A good haul for the price, although I'm disappointed that I couldn't get my hands on Condemned 2 or, Devil May Cry 4 or Too Human. Also, a douche in front of me grabbed the last Infinite Undiscovery, which I really wanted to pick up, because I still haven't played an RPG on my 360. Over all though, good deals all around. Anyone else take advantage of the sale?
Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Emandudeguyperson

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Vinchenzo

I showed up at 11:10. Did it open early today? I'm so fucking pissed I missed a bunch of the better games. What I did get...

• NBA Ballers: Chosen One (Already had it on my gamercard, bought it to finish the achievements. It sucks anyway.)
  • Silent Hill Homecoming (Meh. Thought I'd give it a try.)
CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By CoolDrMoney

I bought Pure, which I'm super excited about. I need some next-gen SSX style fun. 

EDIT: Oh, also, it's 2009

kevslider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By kevslider

I got RA3 and Infinite Undiscovery for the 360. They didn't even have Pure out on the shelves. My guess is they were holding some games back.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By toowalrus

I don't know Vince, I got there at 11:20 and it was pretty picked over. So maybe it opened early...

CoolDrMoney said:

"Oh, also, it's 2009"
When the fuck did that happen??

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#7  Edited By AgentJ

Google maps said it opened at 11:00, but the remaing selection said more like 10:00. I still picked up NFL Headcoach 09 and GTA chinatown wars

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Shadow

They didn't have Pure (I got Dark Sector for $10 from gamestop beforehand)
They didn't have Pure (I got Dark Sector for $10 from gamestop beforehand)

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Diamond

Wish I had a Best Buy that wasn't about 50 miles away...

LeoMinor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LeoMinor

I wanted Soul Calibur 4, but they were out when I got there.  They didn't have any good games left actually.  People like 'Shadow' and resellers made sure of that :)

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By TheJollyRajah

I bought Soul Calibur 4. I went in at about 10:30 and I couldn't find the sale at first, so I asked the manager. Surprisingly, he didn't even know about the sale until he went into the computer to look it up, and he had someone walk over to the stand and put up a 10 dollar sign. The manager also picked up a copy of Soul Calibur 4 for himself, lol.

So after that, I looked around the store for 30 minutes, came back to the stand, and there was only one copy of Soul Calibur 4 left... I'm so glad I went in early.

I'm playing it now and I can't believe this was 10 dollars... what a steal.
Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Shadow
LeoMinor said:
"I wanted Soul Calibur 4, but they were out when I got there.  They didn't have any good games left actually.  People like Shadow and dealers made sure of that :)"
Fuck yeah!  I got there 10 minutes before they opened and 2 minutes after they opened the doors, we'd already grabbed everything that was worth it.  Still kind of regretting them not having Pure in stock but damn, what a good shopping day.
maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By maxszy

Got there at 11:15, there was nothing left.

NBA: Ballers and I think Hellboy or something. Anything I was interested in (particulary Pure, Soul Calibur 4, Quantum of Solace or DMC4) were obviously long gone. Didn't realize so many people knew about this. Damn. Rather dissapointing. Ahhh well.

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Luke

I got there at 11:30am... I was hoping to pick-up Infinite Undiscovery, Devil May Cry 4, and Too Human, but all I saw was empty shelves and the white plastic thingies with their names on 'em. 

Kinda dumb, but oh-well.

KnifeySpoony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By KnifeySpoony

My best buy didn't have Pure. I think they stopped selling it for the 360/PS3 for weeks now =(. They had almost every other game from the sale too, ugh.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By shadows_kill

what ps3 games are 10$? and will it last til saturday? i guess i must have missed this deal.. and i didnt see it on bestbuy's site either..

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#17  Edited By Vinchenzo
shadows_kill said:
"what ps3 games are 10$? and will it last til saturday? i guess i must have missed this deal.. and i didnt see it on bestbuy's site either.."
You can see it. Just go to Best Buy's website and check out their sales paper for this week.
spigot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By spigot

Managed to pick up Infinite Undiscovery and Fracture. Didn't have the other ones I wanted, DMC4 and QoS.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By shadows_kill
Vinchenzo said:
"shadows_kill said:
"what ps3 games are 10$? and will it last til saturday? i guess i must have missed this deal.. and i didnt see it on bestbuy's site either.."
You can see it. Just go to Best Buy's website and check out their sales paper for this week."
just found it thanks.. its nothing that i really want to buy.. maybe fracture tho
TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheJollyRajah

My Best Buy was loaded with Pure... lol.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By RHCPfan24

I am sort of pissed off. I got there at 11:30, and, what do you know, the internet forum searchers like us scouted out all of the good games before I got there. I was really hoping to grab Devil May Cry 4, Pure and Too Human, but I did manage to grab Silent Hill, Bourne Conspiracy and Ninja Gaiden: DS. The sale is effective until next Saturday, so the next shipment that arrives may get me in luck.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By toowalrus

I almost ALMOST got Alone in the Dark, but it was the only game that I've never heard anyone say ANYTHING good about. Ever.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
TooWalrus said:
"I almost ALMOST got Alone in the Dark, but it was the only game that I've never heard anyone say ANYTHING good about. Ever."
So i'll say it.
It's a good game idea and concept, executed fairly well actually, the controls are just god awful.  You can get past that though and then it becomes enjoyable.  And it's sort of a weird game, you can literally skip to any part of the game from the start I believe.

The ps3 version fixes the control problem i eblieve.

RHCPfan24 said:
"I am sort of pissed off. I got there at 11:30, and, what do you know, the internet forum searchers like us scouted out all of the good games before I got there. I was really hoping to grab Devil May Cry 4, Pure and Too Human, but I did manage to grab Silent Hill, Bourne Conspiracy and Ninja Gaiden: DS. The sale is effective until next Saturday, so the next shipment that arrives may get me in luck."
Sort of funny.  There were tons of DMC4s on the shelf at the one I went to.  There wasn't Pure or Too Human though.  that being said, the bestbuy my brother went to had those and a completely different set of games really. 
Saw someone leave with the last copy of SC4 ):
azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By azteris

Was I the only one who had another store price-match the sale?

austinj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By austinj

Picked up 007, Pure, Red Alert 3, Too Human, Turning Point, and Hellboy. Have been wanting Red Alert and Pure for a while now, and the rest where just impulse buys.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By toowalrus
Azteris said:
"Was I the only one who had another store price-match the sale?"
Your... probably the only one that clever.
Rezzolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Rezzolution

Picked up Ninja Gaiden DS and finally decided to get Lost Planet. Wanted a bunch more but they were all picked over. And I was there when they opened. :( But whatevs. I picked up Banjo N&B for $20 from Toys R' Us to ease the pain.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Surfice to say my friends at bestbuy let me in on the secret that the employee's were allowed to pick through and purchase the games at sale price before the store opened which is why alot of people didn't find alot of stock in this thread.

I managed to get the 360 games i wanted for the most part UT3,C&C kanes wrath,quake wars,fracture, and supreme commander, i wanted to grab opertation darkness but there was one copy and a guy grabbed it before me.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By kmdrkul

I'll reiterate what I said in the other thread: man, Infinite Undiscovery sucks. 

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

good for you, i like it, and i got a brady games players guide for 0.01 which ill sell to my local game exchange for 3-4 bux :) 400% profit any one?

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By kmdrkul
WilliamRLBaker said:
"good for you, i like it, and i got a brady games players guide for 0.01 which ill sell to my local game exchange for 3-4 bux :) 400% profit any one?"
I have a couple of questions for you then....

1.  Is there supposed to be a lack of audio for half of the cut scenes?
2.  Does the game get any better after the (imo) abysmal opening sequence of breaking out?
PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By PercyChuggs

Got Infinite Undiscovery. Seems like it's not worth much more than $10.

Should probably mention the Best Buy I went to, probably had 30 or 40 copies of Infinite Undiscovery.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By suneku
kmdrkul said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
"good for you, i like it, and i got a brady games players guide for 0.01 which ill sell to my local game exchange for 3-4 bux :) 400% profit any one?"
I have a couple of questions for you then....1.  Is there supposed to be a lack of audio for half of the cut scenes?2.  Does the game get any better after the (imo) abysmal opening sequence of breaking out?"
audio isn't good throughout.

IMO the game does get a lot better after the first couple hours (the prison and a few other stuff). The story does starts to speed up, and I liked what the story was about. But that's me and I like those kind of stories.

Anyways, I went to Best Buy hoping to get Red Alert 3 but all they had were crappy games. They did have Warhawk+mic for 50% off but I wasn't too interested.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By JJOR64

I wanted to order Silent Hill off BestBuy.com but, they are sold out.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#35  Edited By gla55jAw

I was going to go pick up a bunch of the games, but then I went to my gamefly account, looked up all the games I was going to buy and it said they were all available now. So I didn't go, although I should have picked up Soul Calibur, since fighting games these days are the only games with replay value for me.

Qorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Qorious

Missed out. Not really any games that I would spend $10 on. Maybe Soul Calibur IV, but didn't feel like going. 

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ninjakiller

I got Soul Caliber 4.  No Pure in stock, which pissed me off to no end.

AnthraX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AnthraX

I managed to pick up:
Pure
Condemned 2
Jericho
Too Human

Pure is awesome! Condemned is cool!  Too Human is OK! Jericho is definitely only ten dollars worth of entertainment.

strangeling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

#39  Edited By strangeling
Azteris said:
"Was I the only one who had another store price-match the sale?"
Ah! Nice move!
That's the way to get the games you really wanted.
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40  Edited By kush

I picked up quite a few games...highlights would be: SCIV, QoS, Pure, and of course...Turning Point: Fall of Liberty! :P

MikeydCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 7

#41  Edited By MikeydCT

I went yesterday and only could find was Supreme Commander. I went a hour after the store open, I guess I need to camp out next time.

noiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#42  Edited By noiz

Got there about 15 minutes after it opened and there were several people with arm loads of games walking the aisles most likely just grabbing them to resell. Picked up the Bourne and 007 games. Was hoping for Too Human or Pure but they were gone quick. Too Human didn't even have a spot for it on the shelf though so they may have stopped carrying it already before this.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Shadow
noiz said:
"Got there about 15 minutes after it opened and there were several people with arm loads of games walking the aisles most likely just grabbing them to resell. Picked up the Bourne and 007 games. Was hoping for Too Human or Pure but they were gone quick. Too Human didn't even have a spot for it on the shelf though so they may have stopped carrying it already before this. "
I don't know about the other people with armfulls of games, but it's ten games for the price of two with games I actually was interested in.  How could I not take that?
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
kmdrkul said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
I have a couple of questions for you then....1.  Is there supposed to be a lack of audio for half of the cut scenes?2.  Does the game get any better after the (imo) abysmal opening sequence of breaking out?"
the ingame cutscenes that have no audio well i can point to many other rpgs that have this exact same problem, as for that i've seen far worse opening sequences.
nothing of what you mentioned is relevant because you matter of factly said it sucks when it doesn't suck as a fact it is your opinion that it sucks.
Aaron_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#45  Edited By Aaron_G

The sale by my house was a bust. I guess they were not supposed to sell more than one copy of a game to one person and they didn't know that. So people bought all the games at once is what on person told me at Best Buy. So they had nothing left at all. 

SenatorSpacer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#46  Edited By SenatorSpacer
I got:
  • 007: QoS: Haven't tried it out yet, but it was the last copy :D
  • Alone in the Dark: Rented it a long time ago, for some reason I had good memories of it, then I popped it in for an hour got to the driving bit and gave up.
  • The Bourne Conspiracy: Actually I'm having a ton of fun with this so far.
  • Silent Hill: Homecoming: Already got this off Gamefly and beat it, really enjoyed it and looking forward to replaying it.

I really wish they had Fracture there, but alas they didn't :( I can probably find it pretty cheap else where though.

Thanks to this sale I'm set for a while :D WAY better sale then that shit-ass Gamestop sale.