The best motion controller ever?

kneebees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kneebees

Hey there everyone. I was just a little curious to hear some opinions on this amazing video I found.

I had no idea this was even a thing or how well it sold, but I feel like someone out there might have maybe had some experience with the Sega Activator and maybe wanna tell me if it was how it looks in this video. The best!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNr-CsCn61Y&feature=player_embedded

kn00tcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By kn00tcn

whoa, i love seeing 'ahead of its time' things

that voice over is good (can get annoying, but a decent character)

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RazielCuts

My GOD, I LOVE old school videos like this, the style, the voice over, the random royalty free clips, so great! :D almost feels like a retro spoof of today. But yeah Microsoft totally stole Kinect off Sega! (is that what you were wanting? :P) But the weird thing is THEY ACTUALLY SAY 'You are the controller!' That's got to be some sort of copyright, right? :)

I remember Tekken had a sensor thing in Argos back in the day for playing it using your body and even then I thought it was hokey, great video though :D (reminds me of Bill Nye Science Guy)

mscupcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By mscupcakes

@RazielCuts said:

But the weird thing is THEY ACTUALLY SAY 'You are the controller!' That's got to be some sort of copyright, right? :)

I was just about the say the same thing!

kneebees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kneebees

I was more just curious if anyone has had any hands on experience really, I have never even seen one in person. I wonder just how terrible it must have been.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ShaggE

I remember seeing the magazine ads for the Activator, and the concept blew my mind. Even at the time, I knew it couldn't be as good as it promised to be, but my thoughts ran wild with the possibilities.