• 60 results
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#1  Edited By AgentJ
The Wii has definately gotten a lot of crap in recent months (or years, depending on who you are talking to), but it already has a pretty great lineup of hardcore games, especially if you include Madworld, which comes out tomorrow and has recieved a 9.0 from IGN.
Please let me know what you think, and whether or not i left anything obvious out.

Great games for Wii, as measured by whether or not they are better than Lost Odyssey *lol* (these are the ones that are already available)
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Super Mario Galaxy
Metroid Prime 3:Corruption
Nights Into Dreams
No More Heroes!!!
Zack and Wiki
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Mario Strikers Charged (Sparked a love for Soccer in this gamer)

Games that benefit most from the unique Wii control scheme
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition
Madden 2009 (I don't actually own it, but I own 07 and i've played the awesome changes in 09)
Okami
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Medal of Honor Heroes 2

Upcoming Awesomeness
Madworld
The Conduit
Disaster Day of Crisis
Monster Hunter 3 tri
Arc Rise Fantasia
Muramasa: The Demon blade (For gods sake port Odin Sphere already!!!)
No More Heroes 2
Sin and Punishment 2
Fatal Frame Mask of the Lunar Eclipse
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

in response to "what exactly is it about"

--------

The gameplay, same as w
ith a normal controller.  Controls are just something to be utilized that can enhance this.

NukeGoBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By NukeGoBoom

Well thats "official"

Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Kratos81

The wii is a joke. I have owned and sold 2 wiis. If I was a gamer on a budget I would never have bought a wii. I bought the first off of hype, and sold it due to no games. Then bought another one when SMG came out. After I beat smg and a few other games it just collected dust. I needed money for a clutch and sold it. I will never buy another one, IM sure there will be a few good games here and there just like the GC but they are so spaced out its not worth it. Having a 360/ps3 I dont see the need to ever have a wii. 

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Wolverine
AgentJ said:
"
The Wii has definately gotten a lot of crap in recent months (or years, depending on who you are talking to), but it already has a pretty great lineup of hardcore games, especially if you include Madworld, which comes out tomorrow and has recieved a 9.0 from IGN.
Please let me know what you think, and whether or not i left anything obvious out.

Great games for Wii, as measured by whether or not they are better than Lost Odyssey *lol* (these are the ones that are already available)
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Super Mario Galaxy
Metroid Prime 3:Corruption
Nights Into Dreams
No More Heroes!!!
Zack and Wiki
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Mario Strikers Charged (Sparked a love for Soccer in this gamer)

Games that benefit most from the unique Wii control scheme
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition
Madden 2009 (I don't actually own it, but I own 07 and i've played the awesome changes in 09)
Okami
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Medal of Honor Heroes 2

Upcoming Awesomeness
Madworld
The Conduit
Disaster Day of Crisis
Monster Hunter 3 tri
Arc Rise Fantasia
Muramasa: The Demon blade (For gods sake port Odin Sphere already!!!)
No More Heroes 2
Sin and Punishment 2
Fatal Frame Mask of the Lunar Eclipse
"
Yeah those are all good games but was is it a better system than PS3 or 360. They both also of their share of good games.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AgentJ

Fair enough Kratos81, but i for one have really enjoyed the games Nintendo has made over the years. There is something about a Nintendo game that is different from other games, and it makes the games fun for me. I can see how someone starved for FPS or in need of a powerful system with great graphics would want something else, and thats why i bought a 360. but i don't think i could ever go without a Nintendo console, unless they really start only making Wii Fit and Sports and such.

Oh and Smugdarkloser, you need to rephrase your whole statement. I'm just not getting it.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AgentJ

Wolverine, I'm not saying that there aren't good reasons to get a 360, im just saying these are the best reasons to own a wii. Buy both if you want to. The 360 has some great (exclusive) stuff too. 

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Okay, here's a simple way to put it.

Good Controls =/= good gameplay

Good gameplay = fun

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AgentJ

True, but I never said the game didn't have good gameplay. I said that graphics don't matter as much on the Wii. It not only has good controls, but also good gameplay. And I'm suprised you are championing gameplay when you go gaga over lost odessey and blue dragon.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
AgentJ said:
"True, but I never said the game didn't have good gameplay. I said that graphics don't matter as much on the Wii. It not only has good controls, but also good gameplay. And I'm suprised you are championing gameplay when you go gaga over lost odessey and blue dragon."

Gameplay = everything in the game, including graphics, universe, and story.
And Blue Dragon's gameplay is actually damn good.  Lost Odyssey's is fine, not great, not bad.

It's the overall experience that a game creates, not a particular feature. 
Because thinking about it, when you play a game, isn't that the gameplay? 
Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#11  Edited By Pepsiman

The lack of Ninjabread Man on this list makes me psychotically depressed. :*(

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AgentJ

Thats an interesting way to look at gameplay, though i can't say i agree with your definition. After all, Super Mario Bros has pretty bad graphics, yet people still love it because the gameplay is strong. On the flip side, Lair was a beautiful game, but it was almost unplayable. Adding up all of the features of the game, like gameplay, controls, replay value, graphics, and story, is how you determine the quality of a game, and the importance of each of those pieces varies with each genre. 

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By MachoFantastico

There is almost no Wii game I'm interested in this coming year. 

Only Broken Sword: The Directors Cut, and thats because it's my favourite game of all time. Seriously though, I still don't understand the love for the Wii, it seems so average gamewise. Motion controls loses its neatness after a month or so. 
BiG_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By BiG_Weasel

I'm on the "no Wii for me" side. I just listed my Wii in the paper for sale, because it sits on the shelf collecting dust. After the intial "gee-whiz" factor of the motion controls wears off, and the lack of quality games for "core" gamers sinks in, there's really no point in owning one.  That's marketing hype at its finest.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AgentJ
BiG_Weasel said:
"I'm on the "no Wii for me" side. I just listed my Wii in the paper for sale, because it sits on the shelf collecting dust. After the intial "gee-whiz" factor of the motion controls wears off, and the lack of quality games for "core" gamers sinks in, there's really no point in owning one.  That's marketing hype at its finest."
Its true that there is a pretty large dearth of core games on the way for the Wii. I listed a few, but i can see why that wouldn't be enough for some people. I have to game on a budget anyway, since I don't have a steady job and have to go back to college soon, so that release schedule doesn't look so bad to me. It might not be a bad idea to wait a little longer though, like until E3. Who knows, maybe they'll finally show us a zelda made for the wii, rather than tacked on. If there aren't any big announcements this year, than i might just get rid of my wii once i'm tired of Monster Hunter 3
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Al3xand3r

Your list lacks excite.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Oh how I wish I could agree. Anyway, now that my 2nd 360 broke, I'm giving my Wii another shot. It's been completely rejected for approximately 8 months. If you ask me, none of the sequel games I've played on Wii are as good as their Gamecube counterparts. Yes, I am even saying that Super Mario Sunshine is a better game than Super Mario Galaxy. Twilight Princess was solid overall, but failed to be the true next-gen Zelda experience we were all hoping for, as it relied far too heavily on the series tried-and-true mechanics, could be frustrating as heck because of some poor design choices, and had some dumb new ideas that proved to be an annoyance. Despite all that, it's still worth playing no doubt, but far from my choice of the best Zelda game. Metroid Prime 3 may be the only Gamecube game I've played that I can fully respect. It's fantastic. Not quite as good as Metroid Prime 1, but considering that Metroid Prime was one of the best games of last gen and of all time, that's hardly a criticism. The game did get a little repetitive at times, and I'm still not convinced that it wouldn't have worked as well on a traditional controller, but I tip my hat to it either way. Okay, well I'm not going to sit here and continue to ramble on about the Wii, but in truth, it's time I give it another go. There's some interesting games I missed and a few upcoming ones I should pay more attention to.

Right now, I'm currently wanting to get my hands on de Blob, Endless Ocean, Mario Kart Wii, No More Heroes, House of the Dead: Overkill, Zack & Wiki, and now Madworld. Probably a few others too. Maybe I'll give Smash Bros Brawl another shot, though I found it to be instantly boring before because I felt it was like so much of the same game I played way too much of on the Gamecube, Smash Bros Melee. I tried out Okami (it was a game I missed on PS2 I always wanted to play) and had a pretty decent time with it, though I'm not sure I'd rent it again. I can't lie. As much as I was disappointed with what little they've done with Animal Crossing: City Folk... I'm kind of tempted to play it. Animal Crossing is probably my most-played games of all time. I could pull out my GC version and play that free, but I think I ought to at least rent City Folk. There you have it. TheGreatGuero is turning over a new leaf. He will use these desperate 360-less times to go back to his Wii.

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Th3_James

i was going to buy a wii at launch but then i realized that it is a piece of shit when i played it at my cousins house

my cousin owns the best wii games, he realized it was crap and bought a ps3
He never plays wii, my other friend owns a wii but never plays it

its a garbage system, if you say grapics don't matter your on crack because the wii's gameplay with the shitty motion controls dont make up for it

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AgentJ
TheGreatGuero said:
"Oh how I wish I could agree. Anyway, now that my 2nd 360 broke, I'm giving my Wii another shot. It's been completely rejected for approximately 8 months. If you ask me, none of the sequel games I've played on Wii are as good as their Gamecube counterparts. Yes, I am even saying that Super Mario Sunshine is a better game than Super Mario Galaxy. Twilight Princess was solid overall, but failed to be the true next-gen Zelda experience we were all hoping for, as it relied far too heavily on the series tried-and-true mechanics, could be frustrating as heck because of some poor design choices, and had some dumb new ideas that proved to be an annoyance. Despite all that, it's still worth playing no doubt, but far from my choice of the best Zelda game. Metroid Prime 3 may be the only Gamecube game I've played that I can fully respect. It's fantastic. Not quite as good as Metroid Prime 1, but considering that Metroid Prime was one of the best games of last gen and of all time, that's hardly a criticism. The game did get a little repetitive at times, and I'm still not convinced that it wouldn't have worked as well on a traditional controller, but I tip my hat to it either way. Okay, well I'm not going to sit here and continue to ramble on about the Wii, but in truth, it's time I give it another go. There's some interesting games I missed and a few upcoming ones I should pay more attention to. Right now, I'm currently wanting to get my hands on de Blob, Endless Ocean, Mario Kart Wii, No More Heroes, House of the Dead: Overkill, Zack & Wiki, and now Madworld. Probably a few others too. Maybe I'll give Smash Bros Brawl another shot, though I found it to be instantly boring before because I felt it was like so much of the same game I played way too much of on the Gamecube, Smash Bros Melee. I tried out Okami (it was a game I missed on PS2 I always wanted to play) and had a pretty decent time with it, though I'm not sure I'd rent it again. I can't lie. As much as I was disappointed with what little they've done with Animal Crossing: City Folk... I'm kind of tempted to play it. Animal Crossing is probably my most-played games of all time. I could pull out my GC version and play that free, but I think I ought to at least rent City Folk. There you have it. TheGreatGuero is turning over a new leaf. He will use these desperate 360-less times to go back to his Wii. "
I can understand your arguement with both Brawl and Twilight, but I can't agree with your assessment of Galaxy. You did list off a number of good third party games to try. I'd recommend giving fire emblem a shot too, definately as a rental in case its not your thing. However, if you have a DS, that would be the place to get both Mario Kart and ESPECIALLY Animal Crossing. I had to test City Folk, so i may be biased, but that game is DEMON SPAWN!!!!
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheGreatGuero
Th3_James said:
if you say grapics don't matter your on crack because the wii's gameplay with the shitty motion controls dont make up for it"
In response to that I will say graphics don't matter, but gameplay does first and foremost, and that is where the Wii fails hardest.
Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Kratos81
TheGreatGuero said:
"Oh how I wish I could agree. Anyway, now that my 2nd 360 broke, I'm giving my Wii another shot. It's been completely rejected for approximately 8 months. If you ask me, none of the sequel games I've played on Wii are as good as their Gamecube counterparts. Yes, I am even saying that Super Mario Sunshine is a better game than Super Mario Galaxy. Twilight Princess was solid overall, but failed to be the true next-gen Zelda experience we were all hoping for, as it relied far too heavily on the series tried-and-true mechanics, could be frustrating as heck because of some poor design choices, and had some dumb new ideas that proved to be an annoyance. Despite all that, it's still worth playing no doubt, but far from my choice of the best Zelda game. Metroid Prime 3 may be the only Gamecube game I've played that I can fully respect. It's fantastic. Not quite as good as Metroid Prime 1, but considering that Metroid Prime was one of the best games of last gen and of all time, that's hardly a criticism. The game did get a little repetitive at times, and I'm still not convinced that it wouldn't have worked as well on a traditional controller, but I tip my hat to it either way. Okay, well I'm not going to sit here and continue to ramble on about the Wii, but in truth, it's time I give it another go. There's some interesting games I missed and a few upcoming ones I should pay more attention to. Right now, I'm currently wanting to get my hands on de Blob, Endless Ocean, Mario Kart Wii, No More Heroes, House of the Dead: Overkill, Zack & Wiki, and now Madworld. Probably a few others too. Maybe I'll give Smash Bros Brawl another shot, though I found it to be instantly boring before because I felt it was like so much of the same game I played way too much of on the Gamecube, Smash Bros Melee. I tried out Okami (it was a game I missed on PS2 I always wanted to play) and had a pretty decent time with it, though I'm not sure I'd rent it again. I can't lie. As much as I was disappointed with what little they've done with Animal Crossing: City Folk... I'm kind of tempted to play it. Animal Crossing is probably my most-played games of all time. I could pull out my GC version and play that free, but I think I ought to at least rent City Folk. There you have it. TheGreatGuero is turning over a new leaf. He will use these desperate 360-less times to go back to his Wii. "
Its a shame Okami on the wii turned out so bad. You would think the motion controls would be perfect for the game, but they fail to register as good as the ps2 ver which can be very annoying at times. I found myself drawing a circle around trees over and over sometimes to get it to work. I bought the ps2 ver in the bargin bin a few months ago and it works everytime. Some times I feel as almost everything on the wii=fail.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AgentJ
TheGreatGuero said:
"Th3_James said:
if you say grapics don't matter your on crack because the wii's gameplay with the shitty motion controls dont make up for it"
In response to that I will say graphics don't matter, but gameplay does first and foremost, and that is where the Wii fails hardest. "
I hate how people continue to try and put words in my mouth like Th3 james. I never said that graphics don't matter, i said they don't matter as much on the Wii, and thats simply because it doesn't have the same graphical capabilities as the other consoles. Great on the wii is average on the 360. You wouldn't judge the Gamecube based on the 360s standards would you? I still want my games to look good, but i want wii games to look good based on what the console can do, the same as with the 360 or PS3. where the gameplay comes in, frankly i think it's a matter of taste. Some of the games on the Wii really play very well, at least from where i'm looking. Sometimes those are the games that use motion control or IR, but sometimes they aren't. The Wii probably isn't a console to own by itself. But id still say it's worth owning, mostly for the games listed in the op. 
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Systech

I decided that the original Paper Mario on the Virtual Console is way worth it.

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Th3_James
TheGreatGuero said:
"Th3_James said:
In response to that I will say graphics don't matter, but gameplay does first and foremost, and that is where the Wii fails hardest. "
the wii's gameplay is bad, but i am saying that graphics are very important for a games story telling, Emerson, and believability
 oblivion and fallout 3 wouldn't be as good if they were on the wii, and those games have okay graphics
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AgentJ

Well yeah, there are a lot of great games on the VC. I probably have way too many, and still need more. 

Super Mario Bros 1, 3
Super Mario Bros Lost levels
Super Mario World
Super Mario 64
Super Metroid
Ogre Battle March Black Queen
Actraiser (!)
Secret Of Mana
Gunstar Heroes
Shining Force 2
Street Fighter
Balloon Fight
Excite Bike
Mach Rider
Kid Icarus
Megaman 2/3
Super Mario RPG
Sin and Punishment
Starfox 64

Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Kratos81
Th3_James said:
"TheGreatGuero said:
"Th3_James said:
the wii's gameplay is bad, but i am saying that graphics are very important for a games story telling, Emerson, and believability oblivion and fallout 3 wouldn't be as good if they were on the wii, and those games have okay graphics"
I really wish nintendo would have grown up with me.  A HD zelda with and a actual combat system would be awesome. The closet zelda ever had to a combat system was wind waker, my favorite zelda in the series. Tp was a joke on the wii wrist waggle for the sword=fail.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AgentJ
Th3_James said:
"TheGreatGuero said:
"Th3_James said:
the wii's gameplay is bad, but i am saying that graphics are very important for a games story telling, Emerson, and believability oblivion and fallout 3 wouldn't be as good if they were on the wii, and those games have okay graphics"
You are totally right that Fallout 3 should never be done on the Wii. The huge world-spanning games will never work on the Wii. However, I'd say that games like Galaxy, Madworld, the Conduit, and Metroid all have great graphics that are more than adequate for what those games need.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AgentJ
Kratos81 said:
"Th3_James said:
"TheGreatGuero said:
"Th3_James said:
I really wish nintendo would have grown up with me.  A HD zelda with and a actual combat system would be awesome. The closet zelda ever had to a combat system was wind waker, my favorite zelda in the series. Tp was a joke on the wii wrist waggle for the sword=fail.
"
I have a feeling that the next Wii Zelda will do a much better job in the sword-swinging department, especially if it incorperates Motionplus.
Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By Hexpane

Whatchu talkin bout willis?  Madden SUCKS ASS on the Wii

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AgentJ

Are you kidding? I've played Madden so much on the Wii that I'm controlling 7 different teams in franchise mode, and know most of their stats. I think i'm in the year 2020 on Madden 07 right now, and I'm so jealous of the improvements made in 09, like the Call Your Shots thing where you draw up routes on the fly using the pointer. Not to mention its one of the few games to get motion control right. Hiking, passing, and stiff-arms all work great!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#31  Edited By jakob187

The REAL only reason to own a Wii:

Mario Party 8 Soda Shaking game.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32  Edited By Arkthemaniac
jakob187 said:
"The REAL only reason to own a Wii:

"
Hah, I remember that one . . .

The biggest reason to own a Wii is because there's never been anything quite like it before, and that it changes how you play games rather than the power and scale of the game. Those are important, but the Wii did things differently, and it's for that reason that it's a great system to own, whereas the PS3 and the 360 come down to exclusives. For people that have traded in Wiis, especially Kratos who returned TWO . . . you don't know how to look for games at all.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AgentJ
Arkthemaniac said:
"jakob187 said:
"The REAL only reason to own a Wii:

"
Hah, I remember that one . . .

The biggest reason to own a Wii is because there's never been anything quite like it before, and that it changes how you play games rather than the power and scale of the game. Those are important, but the Wii did things differently, and it's for that reason that it's a great system to own, whereas the PS3 and the 360 come down to exclusives. For people that have traded in Wiis, especially Kratos who returned TWO . . . you don't know how to look for games at all.
"
I've been tempted to say that the whole time, but the risk is that they may have played the good games and not enjoyed them. Im not sure what games they are looking for, but if they want the prototypical FPS, they aren't going to find it on the Wii. 
Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Th3_James
AgentJ said:
"Kratos81 said:
"Th3_James said:
"TheGreatGuero said:
"Th3_James said:
"
I have a feeling that the next Wii Zelda will do a much better job in the sword-swinging department, especially if it incorperates Motionplus.
"
motion plus just shows that the nintendo is currently using shitty motion for their wiimote, i have fond memories of zelda, and would like to see a graphically amazing zelda with awesome physics
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BiggerBomb
Kratos81 said:
"The wii is a joke. I have owned and sold 2 wiis. "

Well then, I think the joke's on you.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AgentJ

There is no doubt about it that Nintendo dropped the ball with the Wii Remote. They could have done something really special, if they had simply included the tech found in the Motion Plus. imagine how much better Red Steel would have been. Imagine what Zelda could have been. However, that doesn't make the games that use the current remote effectively any worse.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#37  Edited By TheFreeMan

The fact that every first party Nintendo game is on the Wii makes it impossible for me to dislike the system. Metroid and Brawl alone won me over, everything else (Virtual Console, all of the game that are coming this year) is icing on the cake. A whole lot of icing.

I play my 360 more, though.

Edit: When I put "person" I meant "party".

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AgentJ
TheFreeMan said:
"The fact that every first person Nintendo game is on the Wii makes it impossible for me to dislike the system. Metroid and Brawl alone won me over, everything else (Virtual Console, all of the game that are coming this year) is icing on the cake. A whole lot of icing.I play my 360 more, though."
Ah, see this man gets it. I'm not saying the Wii is the be-all-end-all best system in the world. I'm saying that there are a lot of pluses, and that it isn't just for your mom and her niece.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Diamond
AgentJ said:

list culled
Nights 2?  Mario Strikers?  I don't think Zelda TP benefited much from Wii controls either.  Madworld got a good review but the game doesn't seem the least bit appealing to me personally.

Of your list I only can say I liked Super Smash Bros Brawl, but there are other titles like Mario Kart Wii which I liked better than all of that list.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AgentJ

I didn't add Mario Kart Wii or Animal Crossing because both are better on DS, and i didnt add Paper Mario because i didn't like any of the paper mario games.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41  Edited By Arkthemaniac
Th3_James said:
 i have fond memories of zelda, and would like to see a graphically amazing zelda with awesome physics "
Quoted because it made me laugh.
zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By zityz

The Wii is a good side console to have with the high end machines, I can always go back to the wii to find something to play, right now i downloaded Ogre Battle, because that game was the shit back then, and it still holds up well today.

The reason why the Wii is a good console is because of its options and variety. You don't have to play the Wii games if you don't want to, the fact that its one system that can allow you to play Neo geo, nes, snes, n64,Master system, genesis, turbo graphic 16, and comedore 64 of all things not to mention gamecube games and WiiWare games, onto ONE console without the need to running emulators is a plus in my book. Sure yes it may collect dust for some time in between "major" releases but it still has some options for you to go back through and play. Only big downfall to the system is that it's memory is qutie small and could have at least put a 2 gig memory in there.

I'm not going to say its a better console then the 360 or ps3, and im not going to say that the 360 or ps3 is better than the Wii, because they are different types of systems, and I know I won't be able to convince some of you people and your bullshit highschool thinking on the matter either, but for what the system is, it is a good console. Period.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#43  Edited By Vinchenzo

The best reason to not bother with a Wii, as decided by me....

• I bought one.
  • Didn't use it since there were no good games.
  • Sold it.

The circle of life.
Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Th3_James
Arkthemaniac said:
"Th3_James said:
 i have fond memories of zelda, and would like to see a graphically amazing zelda with awesome physics "
Quoted because it made me laugh.
"
imagine links cap moving with the wind perfectly and advanced fishing physics
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I love how anyone who says anything bad about the Wii is getting negative ratings. Seems to me like somebody here is getting their feelings hurt. Awwwwwww. :'(

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By AgentJ

Really? everyone on this second page has a 0 or higher rating.

Edit: Oh wow, i just looked at the first page. You are right, there are a lot of negative ratings on there. Some of those are mean-spirited, but the only ones that are warranted are the ones for Smugdarkloser! lol just kidding helmet kitty

Why doesnt anyone give any of MY posts ratings?!?!? *sobs*
Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#47  Edited By Sticky_Pennies
AgentJ said:
"Super Mario RPG"
Oh, son of a bitch. Well, guess I can't eBay my old SNES cartridge of it any more. It's probably not worth nearly as much since it's on VC. >.<
Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Kratos81
BiggerBomb said:
"Kratos81 said:
"The wii is a joke. I have owned and sold 2 wiis. "
Well then, I think the joke's on you."
Are you being clever? I dont see how, I made money on both the wii's I sold. I learned a good lesson and got to enjoy a few good games I would have missed out on. I was a old school nintendo fan that refused to give up on them, but I have now officially moved on. It would take a badass HD console from nintendo with some must have games before I ever thought of wasting another dollar on them.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By AgentJ

i think you could probably still get a decent price for it AnimZero, though you are right that it won't be worth as much. I'd recommend just keeping it. I'll bet that Chrono Trigger demand dropped after the DS port too. Not to mention the VC just got Ogre battle.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By c1337us

I only got a Wii because I was given a gift certificate from my boss before Christmas and nothing really to spend it on. I am really glad I got one, and disappointed I didnt get one earlier. I have had a ball playing such games as No More Heroes, Super Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess etc. Even Wii Sports and Fit etc. I still would have gotten a PS3 and a 360 before getting a Wii but i shouldnt have disregarded it the way I did up til 2-3 months ago.