• 124 results
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#1  Edited By AgentJ

Some of you on this site may know that I am an unrepentent list WHORE. Because of that, when Whisky Media's list function upgrades came out, I was absolutely estatic! The new abilities to adjust the rankings and place our lists directly into the forums was something akin to a dream come true. So, to bring attention to the new functionalities, and to see which lists people are proud of, I made this thread to share lists and discuss the lists of others.  

Oh, and if you see a list you like, be sure to recommend it in that user's profile! 

Edit: When you are commenting on someone elses list, DO NOT copy the whole list. Either reply, or delete the part of the list not relevent to your comment. 

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By AgentJ

Gamecube Top 20 Lifetime

The best and brightest on Nintendo's little purple lunchbox

1. Resident Evil 4

There isn't much that hasn't already been said about this masterpiece. It re-energized the Resident Evil franchise in a way that hasn't been seen since Prince of Persia. It changed the focus from pure horror to more of an action game with very intense moments. It can be said that no other game influenced the now-popular Gears of War series more than Resident Evil 4, in the camera perspective, cover mechanic (while it wasn't often used in Resident Evil, the cover mechanic was what made Gears of War the game it was) and gory presentation Gears is now known for. A lot of love was pumped into this product, making it one of the best looking and most atmospheric games in its generation. While not everyone loved the control scheme, it is clear that it was a tremendous leap forward when compared to the rest of the games in the series. Being forced to stand still while plugging away at pursuers created a real sense of panic in this gamer, often causing me to miss easy and important shots, which of course resulted in a "You are Dead". While skilled players could often conserve the majority of their ammo for when they really needed it, first time players often suffered from the classic Resident Evil issue of not having anything to put in their gun, which forced them to run around looking for an opportune knife fight. The interactive cutscenes were intense, and, while often frustrating, unquestionably added to the game. While the level design rarely matched the level of care that the initial village reached, overall the world that Leon Kennedy explored in the game was beautiful and allowed for a lot of freedom. And I would be remiss if i didn't mention the boss fight against "Salazar's right hand". That creature haunted my nightmares. Still does.

2. Metroid Prime

Metroid fans had to wait a long time after the release of Super Metroid to get another entry in the series. And my oh my, Metroid Prime delivered. Retro Studios created a product with more love than any 3D entry in a Nintendo property has ever received. The controls were natural and exquisite, though weren't as widely enjoyed by fans of free-aiming first person shooters. The graphics were beautifully realized, and in this writers opinion, surpass those of Resident Evil 4 3 years before the later even showed up. The story was told in a form that was completely unique to the game, presented through scan-able in-game screens and displays. Each and every boss fight was an intense challenge, just the way boss fights are supposed to be. It truely felt like a 3D representation of the 2D masterpiece we all remember and love. Retro deserves a big thank you for doing such a great conversion, because for every 3D Mario and Zelda game, there are 3D Worms, Sonics and Castlevanias. This game hit the nail on the head, and was one of the first games since The Legend of Zelda: OOT that would have completely deserved 10 out of 10.

3. Super Smash Bros. Melee

The Nintendo GameCube was not a marketplace success. It only went on to sell about 22 million consoles worldwide. But one game was able to wedge itself in with a third of those console sales to become by a good margin the best-selling game on the Cube. Super Smash Bros sold over 7 million units, and a third of Nintendo's console market can't be wrong. Ignoring some of the miss-steps like adding Pichu and the infamous "clone" characters, the game was a perfect evolution from the fan-favorite n64 game. The character set was for the most part balanced, and many of the characters had never looked better. But the big draw was the easy to play/hard to master game play, which made the original such a hit and its sequel, Brawl, one of the best sellers for the Wii. All that was needed for beginners to have a good time were the control stick and the A and B buttons. More advanced gamers were able to take advantage of grabs, dodges, double jumps, and even advanced techniques like wave-dashing. The game was also a time-sink that many gamers left in their GameCube’s for months at a time (though that could be equally attributed to what some would call a weak lineup). This is a game that will stand the test of time as one of the best head-to-head multiplayer games the industry has ever seen.

4. Tales of Symphonia

Many may consider this an upset to be in the top 5. Not me. This game has been tragically overlooked year after year by the critics and gaming websites as one of the best games to hit the GameCube. Frankly, it doesn’t make any sense to me. Tales of Symphonia is one of the best RPGs to ever hit a Nintendo console. It’s not quite Chrono Trigger, not quite Final Fantasy VI, not quite Secret of Mana, but it deserves to be talked about in the same breath as these classics. Why? As with the rest of the top 5, the most important aspect is the game play. Giving gamers the chance to fight on a 3D plane like Soul Calibur or Tekken was genius, and it worked out nearly perfectly. The fighting system allowed for more freedom than can be usually found in the JRPG realm which tends to have more walls and rules than customization. There were partner combos, AI strategies, meaningful job classes, skill points, tech points, and once everyone joined your party, you could play as any of them, which is rare for RPGs in general. Each of the characters in the game have diehard fans, and for good reason. This certainly isn’t a happy go lucky type of game; there were often real consequences for the choices the characters made, and those choices often went very badly. There is a knock to be seen in this game, and that is in the audio department, where, while the soundtrack is most certainly up to snuff, the numerous vocal tracks often sound grainy or filtered. But it is a blemish on an otherwise fantastic game.

5. F-Zero GX

I debated for quite a while on which game should take the number 5 spot. 1-4 were pretty obvious for me once I figured out exactly which order they should go in, but I had about 5 other games that I thought belonged in this spot. Why did I choose F-Zero GX? There are a number of reasons, but what brought it ahead in the photo finish was the sheer brutal difficulty of the game. This game is HARD. Much harder than any game I’ve played since, well, I don’t know when. I still haven’t beaten the mission mode on the Hard setting yet, and there is still another difficulty setting after that. I could talk about the well-tuned controls, great graphical prowess, and breakneck speed, but it’s the difficulty that will stick out in the minds of every gamer that has tried their hand at it. Obviously, that difficulty will turn off a lot of gamers, but for everyone else it will bring back memories of the old days where simply finishing certain games was impressive in itself. And let me make it clear. This game is not cheap-hard. It’s not like Mario Kart where being in first place is hazardous, or you suddenly get stomped flat out of nowhere. It’s just old-school hard.

6. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

I have been a big fan of the Fire Emblem games since the first one hit America on the GBA, and was “super psyched” when I heard Nintendo was making a console version for the first time since the Super Nintendo. This game delivered. The strategy was, as always, excellent, but the elements that make this my favorite Fire Emblem game were the presentation and story, which were both at the top of their game. Especially great were the cut scenes. The style was unique, and drew me in as soon as I watched the opening cinematic. While Ike was a big bag of douche in SSBB, in Fire Emblem he was a character to root for. And the story was much more interesting than the standard Fire Emblem fare, which used to simply be a reason why one battlefield was different than the next. Nintendo, for the only time that I can think of, approached the issue of racism in the form of ancient feuds between the Beorc(human) and Laguz(Human/animal) which created a story and world with relatable issues and ramifications.

7. Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes

This is far and away the best version of Metal Gear Solid available. Keep your Playstation version for the memories, but it doesn’t even compare. This is Metal Gear Solid the way it was meant to be played (before Metal Gear Solid 4 came in and took that mantel at least). So much was added and improved upon in Silicon Knights first project since Eternal Darkness that the original source material looks like the Zelda CD-I games in comparison. Solid Snake looks, sounds, and plays better. Psycho Mantis looks better (shiver). Meryl’s ass looks better. Every aspect of this game was improved on in the remake. This game is an example that all other remakes should aspire to. But don’t look at it as a simple remake. Instead, think of it as a gift to those who loved the original.

8. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

And here it is. The token Zelda game. Some of you may wonder why I had this game so far away from the number 1 slot. The reason is pacing, but I will get to that later. In almost every regard, the game is excellent. It controls like a Zelda game should, the story was certainly more than adequate, and the technical merits were off the charts. Yes, I loved the art style. It was absolutely gorgeous on the cube. Also, among final boss fights, the Wind Wakers final fight with Ganondorf stands out as one of my all time favorites. I also loved the musical flourishes that accompanied every sword swipe and finishing blow. The problem with this game? The Triforce hunting. Between the middle and end of the game, the player is expected to go fishing for 8 pieces of the triforce. It’s not fun, not all that intuitive, it feels like artificial stretching of the game, and it completely breaks any momentum the game had. Nintendo should have left this out and taken some criticism for having a fairly short game. Instead they tacked on a weak gameplay element, and the game as a whole suffered for it. But that said, it still deserves the eighth spot on this list.

9. Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader

For a game that came out alongside the console in late 2001, Rogue Leader sure is beautiful. In fact, I cannot think of a movie based game that looks this good, and that isn’t to say anything of how it plays. This was the first time, and still the only time, where I felt like I was actually playing a movie. Everything that every developer has ever done wrong on a movie game is done entirely right here. It gave players gigantic free-roam areas that had recognizable icons from the movies, the best dog fights this side of Starfox 64, and is an elite example of how the use of sound can make a game great. Your squad teammates talk to you and the great laser sound effects suck the player into the experience. It’s a shame that Factor 5 wasted their talent on Lair. I can’t wait to see them do right again for the genre.

10. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

This is the Resident Evil formula done horribly right. Silicon Knights, who later went on to do Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, know how to use video games to expose emotions, most notably fear and discomfort. Eternal Darkness is a jarring game that will leave you wishing you had left the light on, and at the same time leave you begging for more. What is especially surprising is that this is a Nintendo-published game. While Nintendo is most well known for their lighter fare, Eternal Darkness demonstrates what can happen when Nintendo’s resources are thrown behind a dark and moody project. And maybe we would get more of those projects had more of you bought this game.

11. Killer7

This was very much a love-it or hate-it game, so I won’t be shocked if you played it and disliked it. However, few can deny the sheer quality and style that can be found in this unique title from the makers of No More Heroes. The best way to describe it is as an on-rails action title with a lot of gunplay. People used to Halo and Half Life may have a hard time appreciating the pacing, but those who go in with a blank slate are the people who will love the game for what it is. As with all of Suda 51s work, much of the love is in the style. He creates great characters, and crafts a great story around them, which he then builds the unique approach of the game from. Again, this game is a hit-or-miss, but it definitely hit me, and has become a personal favorite.

12. Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat

I know what you are thinking. Yes, this is one of those Donkey Kong games that were controlled with the Ill-fated Bongo controllers. No, it wasn’t one of the DDR rip-offs. Instead, it is a Donkey Kong game that harkens back to the days when Rare was in charge of the franchise while adding some palpable Nintendo flavor that has been missing since the arcade days. The controls are simple; hitting the left bongo runs left, while hitting the right bongo runs right. Hitting them faster makes Kong run faster. Hitting both at the same time causes Kong to jump, and clapping has DK clap his hands hitting nearby enemies. For people who can get past what can easily be perceived as a gimmick, this is going to be a notoriously fun game to play, as long as nobody is in the same room as you. Others however, may be too embarrassed to give this great Donkey Kong game a chance.

13. Pikmin

Pikmin and Pikmin 2 Yeah, I’m cheating a little bit here. I just couldn’t find justification to place two very similar games in two different spots on my list. Both of these games are fantastic, and demonstrate just how an RTS can be done on a console. Miyamoto put a lot of love into these two games, and the hard work resulted in two of the games that will probably be most remembered when he leaves the business. The eerie charm of the Pikmin along with the brutality of seeing them eaten is probably a big reason why this franchise has created such a draw.

14. Viewtiful Joe

Capcom has some serious representation on this list .Viewtiful Joe is one of 3 games they created for the GameCube that have made my top 20. In fact, all 3 were at one time supposed to be Nintendo exclusives, before Capcom began to realize how bad the Nintendo console market had become. Nevertheless, Capcom created a veritable stable of great games outside of Nintendo’s own studios, many of which warranted day-one purchases. Viewtiful Joe was a 2.5D platformer oozing with style. Much like The Wind Waker, Joe utilized a cel-shaded art style, where the unique trait was Joe’s ability to alter time. Fast-forwarding, Rewinding, pausing, and other powers all had an effect on both the title character and the area around him. It was a mechanic that worked well, and turned Joe into a money printer near the end of the GameCube’s console generation.

15. Super Mario Sunshine

I knew I would have to come to this game sooner or later, and it was a game I was not looking forward to ranking. After all, it was a Mario game, which pretty much guarantees it a spot on any top list. However, for a Mario game it excelled at being average. It looked good, but other games looked better. It played well, but for the majority of the game it relied on a contrived gimmick, a water cannon, that probably would have been better served in its own game rather than being shoe-horned into Mario. When people look back at the very best Mario games ever made, Sunshine will probably be near the bottom of that list.

16. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

I actually like all 3 of the Prince of Persia games about equally, so you could say I cheat

17. Soul Calibur II

A great fighter, but one that hasn’t aged as well as classics like Tekken Tag or Street Fighter II, or even the original Soul Calibur

18. Skies of Arcadia: Legends

Looks great despite being essentially a port of a Dreamcast game

19. 1080° Avalanche

Amazingly this game wasn’t taken to nearly as well as the original was. I put away a lot of time in this, and especially loved the soundtrack.

20. Beyond Good & Evil

A sadly neglected game. We are all lucky that a sequel is on its way

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By natetodamax

Nate's Ultimate Hype List Of The Gods

Games I am totally excited for (in no particular order)

1. Borderlands

At first glance, Borderlands just looked like another shooter. I'm not sure how I came to be interested in this game. Maybe it's the fact that it combines my two favorite genres into one: first person shooters and role playing games. That just sounds awesome to me, and the fact that there's over 87 bazillion guns is way cool. Plus, Randy Pitchford is involved in the project. That makes it an instant buy.

2. Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Battlefield: Bad Company is a pretty cool game. The single player was actually pretty decent, and the multiplayer was a lot of fun. Even though the latter of which had quite a few annoying problems and flaws, it was still a great way to pass the time. Bad Company 2 looks even better.

3. Half-Life 2: Episode Three

Half Life 2 and both Episodes are great. I loved the gameplay and the story (although I do not think that it's the greatest shooter ever made). Episode 2 ended with a mind numbing cliff hangar, hopefully Valve is developing or at least doing something related to a third Episode. Can they even call it Episode 3? It's been years since the last one. Hm.

4. Mass Effect 2

The first Mass Effect was a great game in story telling, RPG elements, and gameplay. I'm currently on my third playthrough, and the game is still a blast. The sequel is looking great so far, and I know that Bioware will fix the problems that existed in the first game and will make this one a whole lot better.

5. BioShock 2

Despite the fact that I traded in Bioshock after a few days of owning it, I think it's a great game. You could easily get lost in the story and the setting, and playing it hardly ever got dull. Playing as a Big Daddy in Bioshock does seem a little overpowering, but I have faith that the developers will make sure the game is still a blast to play. The multiplayer does looks odd and interesting at the same time. I'm curious to see how it will play out.

6. Army of Two: The 40th Day

The first game was a lot of fun to play with my friend, and the recent Quick Look EX has sparked my interest in the sequel. Hopefully, this title will fix the flaws from the first game and deliver a satisfying co-op experience.

7. Final Fantasy XIII

Can't really say a whole lot since I've never played a Final Fantasy game, but this one looks awesome.

8. Modern Warfare 2

Modern Warfare was great, and the sequel looks amazing. I can't wait to play this. I'm not to convinced about the Death Streak crap, but I'm sure Infinity Ward will make it balanced.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AgentJ
@natetodamax said:
"

"
I see you like your shooters. Nothing wrong with that of course : )
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By natetodamax
@AgentJ said:
" @natetodamax said:
"

"
I see you like your shooters. Nothing wrong with that of course : ) "
I've been trying to get into Role Playing Games, but I can't find one that interests me at the time.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AgentJ
@natetodamax said:
" @AgentJ said:
" @natetodamax said:
"

"
I've been trying to get into Role Playing Games, but I can't find one that interests me at the time. "
Sounds like this guy needs a "great RPG list". anyone willing to oblidge?
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By natetodamax
@AgentJ said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AgentJ said:
" @natetodamax said:
"

"
I've been trying to get into Role Playing Games, but I can't find one that interests me at the time. "
Sounds like this guy needs a "great RPG list". anyone willing to oblidge? "
I would love such a thing
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

10 most annoying things in video gaming.

While we all love video games, but there are some things that are so annoying, so terribly terribly infuriating.

1. Red Ring of Death

The death of a console is never a good thing, and when it happens as regularly as this it's horrible.

2. Uwe Boll

The man that makes games into the WORST MOVIES IMAGINABLE!!!!!!!

3. Amy Rose

There is a large selection of bad characters in the Sonic universe. I don't know why Amy is the most annoying, but something about her makes me want to rip her heart out and shove it down her throat, so even if losing a heart doesn't kill her, she'll choke to death.

4. Braid

This one is an odd one. It is a masterpiece. It is a fantastic game by any definition. But every time I play it IT MAKES ME WANT TO KILL MYSELF!!!!! The puzzles are nearly impossible, and make me feel like the worst gamer ever.

5. Unskippable Cutscene

This is especially annoying if the game is tough, you die a lot, and you are forced to watch the cut scene at the start of the level over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

6. L-Block

Not specifically the L-block, but when you get a block in Tetris that you don't need is so fucking annoying. I DON'T NEED A DAMN L-BLOCK YOU STUPID GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Rubber Band AI

You know the scenario. You're winning a game. You're winning by quite a distance. And then all of a sudden, out of no where, the AI suddenly gets better. A lot better. And you end up losing.

8. Escort Mission

Escort missions are the most stupid thing ever. The dude/dudette you're escorting is inevitably the dumbest person in the world who just runs in to danger and expects you to save him/her.

9. Mr. Resetti

The annoying mole from animal crossing who bugs you every time you switch off the console without saving. He'll give you a really long lecture about why resetting the game is a bad thing. I wish I could grab his pick axe and embed it deep within his skull.

I'm still missing a number 10. Suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By jakob187

Bosses That Would Make You Tuck Tail in Real Life

While there are MANY bosses that can fit into this category, this is the most elite of the elite.  Not only would you not fuck with these bosses, but you would tuck tail the minute you saw even a hint of them coming your way.    

1. Mike Tyson

Professional boxer; ear biter; convicted rapist; head tattoo bearer; cause of more broken controllers in history than any other boss

2. Lavos

Big unknown alien; causes massive destruction and armageddon; not fond of red spiky hair and/or time travel

3. The Mohole

There's no way out. You'll just have to fuck it.

4. Mother Brain

Giant brain...with spikes; creates power suits for women; have to be blessed in order to defeat it

5. SHODAN

Malevolently evil computer program; hates humans; believed to be HAL's secret lover

6. Master Hand

Giant white-gloved hand; refuses to use hand sanitizer

7. The Darkness

Manifestation of evil; attached to you; voiced by Mike Patton

8. Diablo

Lord of Terror; likes fire; hates you

9. Sagat

Fighter from Thailand; long reach; TIGER...DEEESTRUCTION!!!

10. Cthulhu

Most powerful Elder God; has tentacles on face; will crush the fuck out of you...with his pinky

11. Adam the Clown

Dresses like a clown; dual wields chainsaws; became a homicidal maniac because everyone was already dead anyways

12. Pyramid Head

Wears large metal pyramid on his head; lugs around huge sword; saw him rip the flesh from a chick once

13. Mara

Demon; look like a penis; rides around in a chariot

14. Cyberdemon

Half cyborg, half demon from Hell; has gun where left hand should be; doesn't take kindly to strangers

15. Alma Wade

Scary little girl that turns out to be a fully grown woman; pissed off for being held captive and forced to conceive freakish offspring; wants to fuck you

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AgentJ
@MattyFTM said:
"

10 most annoying things in video gaming.

While we all love video games, but there are some things that are so annoying, so terribly terribly infuriating.

I'm still missing a number 10. Suggestions will be greatly appreciated. "
Interesting. I don't even find Amy the most annoying thing in the Sonic Universe, let alone in gaming. Of course, SOMEONE from Sonic had to be there.  
Perhaps you could add Unnecessairy Sequels? or perhaps disc switching? 
@trophyhunter 
Is it fair to assume you didn't actually use the list function? It's okay if you didn't, but it kind of misses the point. Back on point, Split Second would definately make such a list if I made it (though pretty much all games I buy these days are priced down. I don't buy games new anymore) 
@jakob187 said:
"

Bosses That Would Make You Tuck Tail in Real Life

"

I agree with this list, but would add pretty much and Resident Evil boss, most notably Verdugo. 
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Suicrat

Greatest puzzle games ever

These games take on different shapes and sizes, but they all have a few things in common, most notably that the puzzle mechanics in each of them will either a) stretch your brain in new ways, b) make you better at math. Or both.

1. Blast Corps

Dumbest premise for a puzzle game ever: There's a giant, rolling nuclear bomb that cannot be stopped, and as part of the Blast Corps, it's your job to clear the way for it by blowing shit up, level by level. That's right, in order to prevent the world from being blown up, you need to blow up the world! It's ridiculous, but the mechanics of this unique puzzle game were downright awesome. Each level made available a vehicle (or an array of vehicles for you to use in order for the objective to be met. Bulldozers, cop cars, cranes, fire trucks, and even mechs! Blast Corps easily belongs on this list.

2. Portal

This is an easy one to explain: "Momentum, a function of mass and velocity, is conserved between portals." -GLaDOS..................... P.S.: "In layman's terms, speedy thing goes in, speedy thing comes out."

3. Braid

I beat it the day it came out, yet somehow it's worth the money. "Tim"'s story might be heart-warming to some, but the way time is manipulated in this game warms this lister's cockles.

4. Tetris Attack

That's right, another Tetris game, but this one's different, it's like a mix between Lumines, Meteos, Columns, and Yoshi's Cookie. Now, I know, those games are all similar, but they all suck compared to Tetris Attack. Play it unless you're an asshole.

5. Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat

Alright, some of you might be thinking "Uhh, platformer dude?" I invite those people both to suck their own extremities, and bare witness to the fact that there are 3 games on the list that the uninitiated would call platformers. This game's only weakness is the relative lack of levels (20 or 40, depending on how you look at it). Having said that, I dare you to get just ONE platinum crest. Once you reach 1600 beats you WILL understand.

6. Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis

A puzzle game with infinite replay value. 72 main levels of ever-increasing difficulty, the ability to create and share levels with friends and strangers, and weekly maps sent out by Nintendo (though I doubt that's still supported), makes Mario vs. DK 2 one of the better puzzle SEQUELS out there.

7. Tetrisphere

This is easy, it had like half a dozen game modes each with at least 12 levels (correct me if I'm wrong, I wish I still had this game so I could go and check) this game is to Tetris what Mario 64 was to, well, Mario. Problem is, nobody expanded on this concept and hardly anyone played this one. But that doesn't mean it shouldn't come out for the Virtual Console. Ball's in your court, Nintendo. This is one of the few N64 games that would be better with a classic controller than the GC controller, that's because you use the forgotten D-pad! Crazy, I know, but this game is awesome either way.

8. WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$

Now, you're probably thinking to the 08.05.08 Bombcast and thinking "o great, another hybrid category", but no, shut the fuck up and listen. WarioWare IS A PUZZLE SERIES. In some games, it is a MULTIPLAYER PUZZLER. EVERY version of Tetris EVER (except for the NES one) had at least 2-player versus modes. WarioWare for GameCube is a puzzler and it is at its best when played with four friends with open minds, or who are as crazy as the game is, especially the meteor mode. If you have this game and haven't tried that mode, check it out.

9. Dr. Mario Online RX

The name says it all, but they should change it to "fix" because this game is for Dr. Mario addicts. There's always a kindly old Japanese woman (or man, but not as often) willing to throw down in this shit at 4 in the morning, and that alone puts the game on this list. Add to the fact that, well, it's Dr. fucking Mario (easily a top notch and seminal block puzzle format), and you got yourself a mii-enabled winner.

10. Tetris DS

Same reason Dr. Mario belongs on this list. Except in this case it's Frenchmen or Italians, and also it has some pretty interesting game modes that turn the Tetris formula on its head.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AgentJ
@Suicrat said:
"

Greatest puzzle games ever

These games take on different shapes and sizes, but they all have a few things in common, most notably that the puzzle mechanics in each of them will either a) stretch your brain in new ways, b) make you better at math. Or both.

4. Tetris Attack

That's right, another Tetris game, but this one's different, it's like a mix between Lumines, Meteos, Columns, and Yoshi's Cookie. Now, I know, those games are all similar, but they all suck compared to Tetris Attack. Play it unless you're an asshole.

"
I think I already said this in the comments for this list, but the tetris attack series is still around as Planet Puzzle League. It does deserve to be here, because it is a great fun game. Of course, once you get a chance to play scribblenauts it may earn a place on this list as well 
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 106

#13  Edited By citizenkane

I have plenty of lists, but I don't have any descriptions for the games/items.  :(

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Suicrat
@AgentJ: You commented on my top 10 for 20 008, not my puzzle game one.
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By JJWeatherman

Animals That Would Scare The Shit Out Of Me If They Were Angry

---Top of the list: LESS scary
-
-
-
-
-
---Bottom of the list: MORE scary

Special Thanks to Metal Gear Sunny for insisting I create a list. I then went on to create this incredibly classy list.   :P

Also... bananas. That is all.

1. SimAnt: The Electronic Ant Colony

Apparently there isn't an ant page but yeah, ants. Imagine a thousand of those crawling everywhere inside your clothes and into your ears, biting you all the while. Angry ants = scary shit.

2. Hippopotamus

Hippos are responsible for more deaths each year than any other mammal in Africa. They can also run nearly 20 mph... holy shit.

3. Horse

Apparently a picture of an X is a horse? Anyways, horses are scary shit. They get those back legs kickin and you never know what's gonna go down after that.

4. Giraffe

Giraffes have long ass legs, you know how fast they would catch you?! I don't either but I don't plan on finding out. Oh and giraffes are bomb.

5. Elephant

Older male elephants go through what's called "musth", which basically means they are especially sexually active. Raped by an elephant? No thanks.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By trophyhunter

My list of games to get when they get cheaper

1. DJ Hero

Why I want it: it looks cool, it has daft punk in it, I like music games Why I'm waiting till it it is cheaper: its $120 the price of two games I'd be sold at $70 plus the daft punk is probably the only songs I'll like in

2. WET

Why I want it: it looks fun and really ridiculous and I like rubi Why I'm waiting till it it is cheaper: its just not really good game, $20 yes sold easy not $60

3. X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Why I want it: its the best x-men game yet and the demo was really fun Why I'm waiting till it it is cheaper: it's really really short and the best x-men game yet but still not that great

4. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

Why I want it: I like marvel heroes, I liked the first one, the game looks very nice Why I'm waiting till it it is cheaper: it's basically unchanged form the first one, its got alot of bugs, and there is to many better games coming out in October need to save money for those

5. The Beatles: Rock Band

Why I want it: I like music games Why I'm waiting till it it is cheaper: not a big fan of beatles but for I'd play the hell out of some beatles for cheaper

6. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Why I want it: I am a fan of ninjas, sidestories, and boobs Why I'm waiting till it it is cheaper: I didn't like the first one but this one looks good

there actual list form I liked my pictures better
breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By breadfan

Games that Would be Better with the Addition of Ewoks

1. Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing

You're Winner would be more awesome with an Ewok

2. Kane & Lynch: Dead Men

Imagine Lynch having one of his psychotic breakdowns and seeing Ewoks everywhere. Now that's a trip!

3. Darkest of Days

Going to Endor and fighting along side the Ewoks. Well I guess nothing can save this game's suck

4. Halo 3

Screw Master Chief, let an Ewok handle the survival of humanity

5. Left 4 Dead

Replace zombies with Ewoks. Enough said

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By Video_Game_King
@MattyFTM: 

Hmmm....how about "high random encounter rates?" For example, I'm playing the original Mother right now, a game where I can enter battle by exiting a menu. Keep in mind that I did not move at all.
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By trophyhunter

proof I have bad taste in games

This is a list of really bad games that I actually like alot.

1. Shenmue

I completely loved shenmue I must have played that game for a year straight even tho it's a really boring game. I actually bought the first xbox just to play shenmue 2.

2. Beat Down: Fists of Vengeance

beat down is no question a bad game, but still play it to this day. there is so much character customizing in it, you can recruit tons of really different people into your army, you can mug people beat info out of people, murder people in this kinda open world city. story was the worst thing ever but I really loved it.

3. Wheelman

I really liked the wheelman for one simple reason also every mission was like my favorite part of a burnout game.

4. Fracture

A very low point for Lucas games but didn't think it was to bad sure the entire concept of it's being was the dumbest thing I've ever heard but it was still fun.

5. Army of Two

oh one of my most disappointed games in a long time but I still enjoyed the like 4 hours it had in it

6. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Most people don't like this game, I thought it was better than kotor need I say more

7. Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2

I love dynasty warriors I love gundams the in game clock says I've play this game for 87 hours and 12 minutes and I've done maybe 60% of the things to do in the game.

8. Dynasty Warriors

I love the whole series you don't like them that's your problem. they give the player over gameplay like I said I played the gundam one for 87 and still have a lot to do in it

9. The Godfather II

I thought the godfather 2 was better or more fun than gta 4 by like 20 miles

10. Disaster Report

I would say greatest game you not only have never heard of but you never would think about. its a survival horror game minus the horror. instead of zombies you have a whole city fucking with you. by a whole city I mean the building, the ground everything is out to get you. If you have not played a disaster report or the badass sequel "raw danger" you are wasting your life.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AgentJ
@trophyhunter said:
"

My list of games to get when they get cheaper

there actual list form I liked my pictures better "
Much better! My heart is now at ease. 
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By jakob187
@Br3adfan: FUCK YES!  Great list, sir!!!
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#22  Edited By Claude
@Suicrat: Hell yeah, Tetrisphere. I loved that game. I wish they would release it on the VC. I would buy it again in a heartbeat.
jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By jeffgoldblum
@natetodamax said:
" @AgentJ said:
" @natetodamax said:
"

"
Chrono Trigger is one of the greatest JRPGs of all time.
I usually dont play JRPGs(save for Persona 3), but on the DS port of this game I have every ending.
jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By jeffgoldblum
@Suicrat said:
" @AgentJ: You commented on my top 10 for 20 008, not my puzzle game one. "
Please tell me we have flying cars by the year 20,0008.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AgentJ
@JeffGoldblum said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AgentJ said:
" @natetodamax said:
"

"
Chrono Trigger is one of the greatest JRPGs of all time. I usually dont play JRPGs(save for Persona 3), but on the DS port of this game I have every ending. "
*insert Kanye reference here*
dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#26  Edited By dethfish

I don't have any creative or funny lists like some of you. All I have is my personal favorites list. It's not even complete yet but I'll show you what I got so far.

My Favorite Games of All Time

Still adding games and they're not in order yet.

1. Super Metroid

Favorite game ever. A big reason I like this game so much is because of the memories I have playing it. When I was about 9, I'd spend hours wandering around trying to progress in the game. You'd think that would bug a little kid but I loved it. My Aunt (who I credit for getting me interested in video games) would let me play on her completed game save file. When I loaded it I'd be in the room right before fighting Mother Brain. I think I played just that section a hundred times.

2. Mega Man X

One of my favorite SNES games. I always liked this more than 2 or 3 (never played any after that). I finally beat Sigma in late 2008 which is over 10 years after I first played it. This game might have my favorite music ever. All the level themes are awesome.

3. Skate 2

I've played this longer than any normal human should play this game. I think I have over 130 hours logged on it and I don't even know if that includes the 30 to 40 hours I've played it online. I hope it does.

4. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Thank you Vinny and Jeff for showing me this great game. I love pretty much everything about it.

5. Pokémon Red/Blue

Don't you fucking laugh at me.

6. Guitar Hero: Metallica

I honestly don't think I'll ever like a Guitar Hero game as much as I liked this one. Maybe it's because I love Metallica but I think this is the funnest set list to play in any GH game.

7. Battlefield 2: Modern Combat

I'm not 100% sure but I think I've put more time into playing this (the PS2 version) than any other game in my life. Probably around 350 to 400 hours of online play alone. That's weird considering it isn't the best game in the world. I will say that, in my opinion, it had the best online multiplayer for any PS2 game though. It was so much fun.

8. Amplitude

The game that got me interested in Rhythm games. Nailing all the music parts ('cause you had to play them all) on the harder difficulties made me feel so awesome.

9. Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest

Why do I like this game more than the first? I'm not sure but I know I've played this one more than any other Donkey Kong Country game. Some of the music in this game is great too.

10. Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt

I still haven't made up my mind yet but I think I like the original Super Mario Bros more than any other Mario game. Such a classic. 

and that motherfucking DOG!!!!!

11. Super Mario World

I love this Mario game too. Took me a while to completely beat it.

12. Super Mario Bros. 3

Classic Mario was the best. They were some fun games.

13. New Super Mario Bros.

Oh, this new Mario game is awesome too. I wonder why that....oh yeah, because it's just like the classic mario. I 100% completed this game.

14. Super Mario Kart

Holy shit, I played so much of this game as a little kid. I don't think Mario Kart got better than this. Mario Kart DS was close though. With all this Nintendo shit you'd think I'd still be playing Nintendo games.  -_-

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By breadfan
@AgentJ said:
" @JeffGoldblum said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AgentJ said:
" @natetodamax said:
"

"
Chrono Trigger is one of the greatest JRPGs of all time. I usually dont play JRPGs(save for Persona 3), but on the DS port of this game I have every ending. "
*insert Kanye reference here* "
I got Chrono Trigger for the DS and I can't get into it.  
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Suicrat
@JeffGoldblum said:
" @Suicrat said:
" @AgentJ: You commented on my top 10 for 20 008, not my puzzle game one. "
Please tell me we have flying cars by the year 20,0008. "
By 2 000 008, there will be nano-cars and macro-viruses.
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#30  Edited By Red

Ridiculously Awesome Pages

1. Combat Bikini

Sometimes, female characters can have some ridiculous clothing they wear when they go into a battle where their life hangs in the balance. This page highlights games that have these ridiculous outfits.

2. Nosebleed

Although I don't think I understand the real scientific meaning, and whoever came up with it is insane in his own right, but before this page, I never knew why Kanji's nosebleed was supposed to be funny. Now I do. Thanks GiantBomb!

3. Hamburger

Do you have a fear of hamburgers? Do you have a love of hamburgers? Well, if you do or if you don't, this page will help you out.

4. Rich Gallup

Rich Gallup is an awesome guy. Therefore, his page is awesome as well. I also never knew that Rich had a fear of needles and zombies, so now I know who to leave off my zombie team.

5. Chuck Norris

While Chuck Norris has been getting more and more played out over the years, you can't ever go wrong with a good Chuck Norris joke.

6. Scribblenauts

Just look at that objects page. Da-hang.

7. Beard

Facial hair never was so cool.

8. Curtis Jackson

Did you ever know that 50 Cent's real name was Curtis Jackson? Neither did I.

9. Nolan North

Think you hear an everyman that sounds familiar? It's probably on this page.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#31  Edited By Hailinel

Just try to convince me that this roster would not be an awesome fighting game:

My Ultimate Fighting Game Roster

If you asked me to make a cross-over fighting game, these are the characters I'd pick.

1. Ryuuta Ippongi

He can fill the screen with flames by the force of his very will.

2. Chie Satonaka

Two words: Galactic Punt.

3. Derek Stiles

He has the Healing Touch. He can also cut the heck out of you with a scalpel.

4. Travis Touchdown

The method he uses to charge his energy is legendary.

5. Peter Pepper

He'll stomp you and put you in a sandwich.

6. Mitsuru Kirijo

Her Execution special would need to be nerfed to maintain balance.

7. Scissor Man

Bitch, he will cut you.

8. Lewis Cannon

His name is too awesome. He needs to be in more games.

9. Max Payne

The requisite stoic, contemplative loner.

10. Eggplant Wizard

Only one special move, but it's a doozy.

11. Lan Di

The sub-boss. Ryo Hazuki could have his revenge at last, if only he were in this game.

12. Poison

The final boss. Second banana no longer, she will get her revenge for the endless stream of tranny jokes!

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By DanielJW

Delicious Objects

This is my list of objects that are pleasent to put in your mouth. 

1. Hamburger

Ye olde classic. Hot beef with cheese is a combination like no other.

2. Fried Chicken

I like it with hot sauce.

3. Milk

Elixir of the gods!

4. Hot Dog

Very delicious object. I find they are best when eaten with hot sauce and mustard.

5. French Fries

Often good with any of the aforementioned or the following objects.

6. Banana

In muffins, bread, or just on their own, bananas are, and continue to be a delicious object.

7. Pie

You aren't allowed to hate it.

8. Cola

Significantly less delicious than milk, but still very much, a delicious object.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33  Edited By damswedon

the three other people i want in my zombie team.

the three other people i want in my zombie team. be it because they are badass or for shits and giggles.

1. Guybrush Threepwood

Guybrush is able to think his way out of seemingly any situation so why not.

2. Captain Price

i need someone who is not only be a great fighter but also willing to kill someone who is turning with no remorse.

3. Joanna Dark

with the style and skills of james bond and the hot body to match, joanna dark is personally my favorite female game characters of all time.

ive got some more that need finishing
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#34  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Just as a heads up I'm officially recognizing lists on the The Community Spotlight. So if you have some truly creative lists then feel free to post them on the Spotlight!

Oh and This Thread Gets my Stamp of Approval
Oh and This Thread Gets my Stamp of Approval
ImHungryx10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ImHungryx10

My personal favourites.

...yay...

These are in no order.

1. Psychonauts

Oh....man. The characters, story, humor, settings, gameplay...everything basically is good. Controls were a bit iffy, but who cared. I sure didn't.

2. Final Fantasy X

This game I come back and play annually. The story is fantastic and even with questionable voice acting, I grew to love the group. Yes, even Tidus damnit.

3. Grim Fandango

Yeah, adventure games are incredible and so is this one. The music is top notch also.

4. Mario Kart 64

For nostalgic purposes mostly.

5. Shadow of the Colossus

:D. That is all.

6. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Ah, the storybook atmosphere! I was annoyed with the combat..but I got over it. This is a game where I got through thr frustrations and in the end, learned to love it's flaws. I find a lot of games are like that.

7. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Never beat it, but I would just go around doing random things. I loved that. Plus the world was a great place to....wanna live in....

8. Fallout 3

Again, another game to lose yourself in.

9. BioShock

Atmosphere, atmosphere, atmosphere. I love being creeped out and this was a love fest of creepy moments. The twist and the philosophy behind it was an incredible brain-mixer.

10. Resident Evil 4

It took me several attempts to get the balls to actually play through this sucker. I got over it at the Island and loved this game ever since. Amazing piece of junk here. (junk as in good things.)

11. Kingdom Hearts

Yep, just another nostalgia game for me. Another game where I learned to like it's short-comings.

12. Half-Life 2

mmmmmm....Orwellianism......if that's a word.

Bigbombomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Bigbombomb
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AgentJ
@Hailinel said:

" Just try to convince me that this roster would not be an awesome fighting game:

My Ultimate Fighting Game Roster

If you asked me to make a cross-over fighting game, these are the characters I'd pick.

econd banana no longer, she will get her revenge for the endless stream of tranny jokes!

"
Lol, I like this list. I should do such a thing with my SSB4 blog characters
MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#38  Edited By MetalGearSunny

This has gotten enough attention, but I'll post it here anyway.

Games most deserving for an Uwe Boll movie.

These games either have little to no story or a story that Uwe Boll could work with. Once I come up with new ideas, I'll post them!

1. Red Faction: Guerrilla

As much as I enjoy playing this game, there is no real story to keep you going, just bowing up stuff. To Uwe, it could be just fight scene after fight scene after fight scene.

2. Burnout Paradise

A Uwe Boll movie of Burnout would be like The Fast and Furious but will stupid and horrible special effects.

3. Katamari Damacy

He'll will think of some dumb story to throw at this one. Something related to science or something. It will make no sense at all, just like Uwe's past works.

4. Guitar Hero 5

Remember Brett Ratner's dumb idea for a Guitar Hero movie? Let's make that happen!

5. LittleBigPlanet

Imagine a Pixar like movie starring Sackboy, but the movie is horrible!

6. Halo 3

If Peter Jackson couldn't get it done, Uwe Boll can!

7. Kingdom Hearts II

A movie with crazy hair and action, and Disney characters! Fun for everyone!

8. God of War

Cheap swordplay, and gore all over. Your typical Uwe Boll movie.

9. Battlefield 1943

Uwe's dramatic WWII movie. His take on Saving Private Ryan, I guess!

10. RapeLay

A story about a kid who grew up in teh hood with a twisted mind, assaulting other women. Will the women get their revenge!?

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#39  Edited By gingertastic_10

Favorites

gingertastic_10: Favorites

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

I watched my aunt play this game hundreds of times. Once I got my N64 I knew everything about every level and how to beat every boss. It was really my first game I played a shit load of. Yes I knew everything about it, but that didn't make me search for things she missed. Fantastic

2. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
3. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time

I played the SHIT out of this game. I beat it lots of times, with each character. I've played it recently and I still think it's a fantastic game.

4. Star Fox 64
5. ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron
6. inFAMOUS
7. Prince of Persia
8. Fallout 3
9. Paperboy 2

I have never played this game by myself, this was always a game that me and my sister would play and have fun with.

10. Mario Party 2

Same with this one. Me and my sister unlocked every game, beat every stage, beat every challenge and purchased all of the game. Great times.

11. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
12. Super Mario All-Stars
13. Super Mario World
woodtsunami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#40  Edited By woodtsunami

My Favorite RPGs of All-Time

Well this list was asked for, so here are my personal favorites in the RPG genre. Enjoy (and note the MY favorites, not the best of all time)!

1. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Oblivion. Oh Oblivion. I have played 1000 hours of this game. Oblivion is the greatest game of all time. It is the perfect RPG, the perfect open-world game, the perfect game. It has truly amazing and creative quests, a great leveling system, great (to this day) graphics, and infinite replay ability. Oh yeah, it has mods. I didn't even touch mods for the first 500 hours of my play of this game. The only game deserving a perfect score in my opinion.

2. Chrono Trigger

If you ask anybody who has ever held the slightest passing interest in JRPGs what the greatest one of all time is, there shouldn't be any hesitation in their voice when they say Chrono Trigger. Chrono Trigger had great characters, a great story, and really was the perfect JRPG. The DS port was excellent, so you now have no excuse not to play this game!

3. Final Fantasy

I will probably receive some flak for this, but Final Fantasy. If you haven't played this game, you are missing out. Final Fantasy started the genre and was SO fun. It was the first RPG I ever beat and it even had a relatively, and I use relatively in the loosest sense, interesting story. Well maybe not interesting but I wasn't expecting the final boss to be who it was. The PSP port was excellent (and cheap) so go buy it!

4. Final Fantasy X

This game was awesome. I have played many JRPGs in my time and goddamn, this game. The story was amazing, the characters were really cool, and dude, Seymour's hair. Nuf said.

5. Fallout 3

Again, many will disagree with this game's position on this list. I was fighting with myself on whether or not to include this game, but I decided that I have played it more than a lot of the other games I might have had instead. Fallout was a post-apocalyptic Oblivion with guns. If it had used FPS mechanics for the shooting (like Oblivion) it might have been #2. Instead, the shooting was governed by stats. It was also more barren than Oblivion and had simply less to do in it. But dude, this game was great! It was really, really fun to play. Technically, this game doesn't have as much going for it as some of the others. I think the reason I liked it was because it was like Oblivion. Oh well, its number 5.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By AgentJ
@Woodtsunami: For Nate's benefit, I'll talk up Fallout as well. Great game 

As for Final Fantasy, it's not a horrible choice. I just preferred the second half of the Dawn of Souls collection myself. In other words, I loved final Fantasy II
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Fallen189

The best freeware you've never played.

This is just a list of spectacular freeware indie games.

1. Seiklus

Gorgeous early platformer which combines effortless fun and spectacular aesthetics.

2. Iji

Iji is another 2d action platformer, akin to Super Metroid in gameplay, in regards to the exploration, but somewhat linear in that it's level based. Well worth a try.

3. Knytt

Knytt is just a hallmark in incredibly well designed ambient gaming. Like Bioshock, but 2D and a platformer. And no guns. Actually, it's not like Bioshock.

4. Within a Deep Forest

Excellent puzzle platformer with an unorthodox protagonist-it's a ball. Solid controls and great variabilty not to mention great easter eggs.

5. Spelunky

Delightful "Dungeon crawl" romp in a 2D platforming style. The only objective is to go deeper and deeper, finding more treasure.

6. Aquaria

Not necessarily freeware, but deserves a place on this list. Incredibly ambient game. Think Metroidvania in the ocean. Game progresses by learning a variety of songs and applying them to exploration. Phenomenal visuals.

7. Noitu Love 2: Devolution

Words cant describe this. Play it.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AgentJ
@Fallen189: Hrm, if I played indie games this list would probably intrigue me.
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Fallen189
@AgentJ said:
" @Fallen189: Hrm, if I played indie games this list would probably intrigue me. "
It's never to late to repent your wicked ways.

Spelunky is good :p
kuwabaratheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By kuwabaratheman

Bit of a cliched list choice, but I'm still kind of getting the hang of this whole list deal:

Most Anticipated Future Games

These are the upcoming games that I'm most looking forward to at the moment. Subject to change depending on future announcements made by companies, as well as new information coming forward.

1. Arc Rise Fantasia
2. Final Fantasy XIII
3. Mass Effect 2
4. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
5. The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
6. Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver
7. Super Mario Galaxy 2
8. Dragon Quest IX: Hoshizora no Mamoribito
9. Alpha Protocol
10. Dragon Age: Origins
11. Heavy Rain
12. New Super Mario Bros. Wii
13. Golden Sun DS
14. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By AgentJ
@KuwabaraTheMan said:
"  
Bit of a cliched list choice, but I'm still kind of getting the hang of this whole list deal:

Most Anticipated Future Games

These are the upcoming games that I'm most looking forward to at the moment. Subject to change depending on future announcements made by companies, as well as new information coming forward.

1. Arc Rise Fantasia
2. Final Fantasy XIII
3. Mass Effect 2
6. Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver
8. Dragon Quest IX: Hoshizora no Mamoribito 
10. Dragon Age: Origins
11. Heavy Rain
13. Golden Sun DS
14. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
"
I really, really like this list. You have very good taste! Beware though, I wasn't particularly impressed with the Kingdom Hearts DS demo at PAX
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Hailinel

Games I regret missing out on.

This list is comprised of games that I missed out on playing for one reason or another, whether it be because I didn't own the console it was for, I wasn't aware of its existence at the time, or it simply wasn't ever released in the U.S.  Ideally, I'd like to be able to play all of these games properly someday.  For now though, these games shall remain on this list.

1. Persona 2: Innocent Sin

This title is the first half of Persona 2, yet it was never released officially in North America. I missed out on all of the Persona games prior to Persona 3 when they were initially released, but hopefully Atlus will continue the trend they began with the rerelease of the original Persona on PSP and give me a chance to play through the entirety of Persona 2.

2. Persona 2: Eternal Punishment

The second half of Persona 2 and the portion that was released in the U.S. I'd love to play this game, but ideally, I'd like to be able to play through Persona 2: Innocent Sin first.

3. Fatal Frame IV: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse

Fatal Frame IV seems to be stuck in limbo. Developed by Tecmo and published by Nintendo in Japan, neither company seems willing to release the game in North America. This is a real shame given that I've heard some really positive things about this game, and I'm curious about what aspects Grasshopper Manufacture brought to the table in the game's development.

4. Shenmue

Shenmue has always struck me as a divisive game, but it's also a very unique blend of adventure and fighting. The uniqueness of its design is something that really set it apart, and I'm sad to say that I never owned a Dreamcast and thus never had the opportunity to try it for myself.

5. Namco x Capcom

A strategy RPG crossover between Namco and Capcom characters. The absolute insanity of mixing it up with all of those characters is something that I was really hoping that I could experience in English. Unfortunately, the game was never released domestically.

6. Bushido Blade

One of the more unique fighting games of its day, a single, well-timed strike could end the match in an instant. I'm hopeful that the game will show up as a downloadable title somewhere down the line.

7. Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu

The fourth game in the Fire Emblem series and one of the many that was never released outside of Japan. This game features an interesting story that spans two generations. If Nintendo remakes this game with the same care that was given to Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, I'd love to give it a shot.

8. Digital Devil Monogatari: Megami Tensei

The game that spawned the Megami Tensei franchise. It may be severely outdated now, but I'd love the chance to see how it all began.

9. Panzer Dragoon Saga

Panzer Dragoon as an RPG. How I wish I had the chance.

10. Out of This World

When I was young and stupid, I thought this game looked ugly and dumb. Now that I am a man, I have seen the error of my ways and wish to atone.

11. Bard's Tale

There were a lot of old computer RPGs I missed out on simply for the fact that my family didn't own a PC until I was in middle school. I don't miss the days of Windows 3.1, but I do regret missing out on games like The Bard's Tale.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Hailinel
@AgentJ: The power of the list function is vast, infinite, and able to provide endless entertainment!
breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By breadfan
@Hailinel said: 
6. Bushido Blade

One of the more unique fighting games of its day, a single, well-timed strike could end the match in an instant. I'm hopeful that the game will show up as a downloadable title somewhere down the line.

Bushido Blade was a great game, haven't played it in years though
Chipset_Seven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Chipset_Seven

The essential 10 of every gaming super-geek 

1.)  Possession of most every console known  
2.)  Stockpile of indexed gaming magazines 
3.)  Older parents that continue to hand out free money 
4.)  Ford Fiesta with professionally installed audio system that mostly blares Nine Inch Nails. 
5.)  Collection of Lord of The Rings figurines 
6.)  Darth Vader helmet 
7.)  Cupboards stocked with Cheetos 
8.)  Middle heavy body frame (Pot belly on pencil thin legs) 
9.)  Ability to wax poetic on the newest pre-releases for more than 10 minutes. 
10.) $50 a month squirreled away for personal ads.