The Big Lie Lie Show

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pbhawks45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Edited By pbhawks45

Well, that was pathetic. Outside of a few amusing moments (listening to Jeff sing Snoop Dogg), I can't help but feel that we were once again duped by Whiskey Media. What was pinned as 7 hours of entertainment turned into a glorified infomercial. An infomercial for what, though? If this was designed to sell the personalities of each website, then it was a spectacular failure.

Don't even get me started on ComicVine. Your idea of entertainment was READING OFF TRIVIA QUESTIONS? Are you kidding me? That's the BEST you could come up with? With that and parading Babs out for all the people who have never seen girls in their entire lives, they really dropped the ball. You had at least a month to prepare something entertaining. A MONTH. A WHOLE MONTH. And that's what you come up with. Christ.

Screened brought little, as well. They came off as MST3K wannabes, something I hate to say about Alex and Matt. I usually find them both very entertaining, but something just felt really off today regarding their segments. It felt forced and contrived.

Tested at least tried to come up with some inventive segments, though nearly all fell flat as well. I love the videos Tested has of taking apart gadgets and looking at the innards, but that just doesn't translate to a live show. The bacon cooking segment came off to me as time filler, and didn't provide anything worthwhile, other than a few chuckles when, like many things during the show, failed miserably.  

Giant Bomb felt like they were going through the motions today as well. They spent more time trying to justify paying $50 (for what exactly?) rather than keep your audience, which got this group where they are today, entertained.  

And for a company that prides itself as a social media company, there is little to no involvement with the community. It was rarely acknowledged. What's the point of having a chat if you are never going to answer any legitimate questions people may have during the show?  I feel like GB has shown nothing but contempt recently towards the people that made this site. Matt Kessler in the chat yesterday resorted to name calling when someone called out the company. For an employee to attack a community member is absolutely unacceptable.  

These past 24 hours have been nothing short of a nightmare for the image Whiskey Media now has with the majority of its users. Yeah, a bunch of people bought subscriptions. But those are the die-hards; the only ones who are going to pay because the people are cool. The rest of us? The ones who realize that this subscription is nothing more than a tug at the heartstrings? Well, it ain't happening.  

I've turned back on Ad Block Plus, and I have enabled Download Manager for Firefox again. I'll visit this site less and less. And that's a damn shame. I'd been here since March of 2008. I thought this place was different. I was wrong.  

pbhawks45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By pbhawks45

Well, that was pathetic. Outside of a few amusing moments (listening to Jeff sing Snoop Dogg), I can't help but feel that we were once again duped by Whiskey Media. What was pinned as 7 hours of entertainment turned into a glorified infomercial. An infomercial for what, though? If this was designed to sell the personalities of each website, then it was a spectacular failure.

Don't even get me started on ComicVine. Your idea of entertainment was READING OFF TRIVIA QUESTIONS? Are you kidding me? That's the BEST you could come up with? With that and parading Babs out for all the people who have never seen girls in their entire lives, they really dropped the ball. You had at least a month to prepare something entertaining. A MONTH. A WHOLE MONTH. And that's what you come up with. Christ.

Screened brought little, as well. They came off as MST3K wannabes, something I hate to say about Alex and Matt. I usually find them both very entertaining, but something just felt really off today regarding their segments. It felt forced and contrived.

Tested at least tried to come up with some inventive segments, though nearly all fell flat as well. I love the videos Tested has of taking apart gadgets and looking at the innards, but that just doesn't translate to a live show. The bacon cooking segment came off to me as time filler, and didn't provide anything worthwhile, other than a few chuckles when, like many things during the show, failed miserably.  

Giant Bomb felt like they were going through the motions today as well. They spent more time trying to justify paying $50 (for what exactly?) rather than keep your audience, which got this group where they are today, entertained.  

And for a company that prides itself as a social media company, there is little to no involvement with the community. It was rarely acknowledged. What's the point of having a chat if you are never going to answer any legitimate questions people may have during the show?  I feel like GB has shown nothing but contempt recently towards the people that made this site. Matt Kessler in the chat yesterday resorted to name calling when someone called out the company. For an employee to attack a community member is absolutely unacceptable.  

These past 24 hours have been nothing short of a nightmare for the image Whiskey Media now has with the majority of its users. Yeah, a bunch of people bought subscriptions. But those are the die-hards; the only ones who are going to pay because the people are cool. The rest of us? The ones who realize that this subscription is nothing more than a tug at the heartstrings? Well, it ain't happening.  

I've turned back on Ad Block Plus, and I have enabled Download Manager for Firefox again. I'll visit this site less and less. And that's a damn shame. I'd been here since March of 2008. I thought this place was different. I was wrong.  

Zinc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Zinc

You won't be missed.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Your right, you have been had by snake oil salesmen.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TwoOneFive

i actually agree with most of what you said.  
sorry to say it. but listening to those comic guys read a comic was sort of embarrassing.  

its figured, 5 bucks is whatever, i'll try it out why not. but yeah, probably never doing it again. i have nothing to show for ya kno?and im not paying for a $50 t-shirt either. it has these people on it. i dont like YOU guys that much (youre cool as shit just not like, im willing to pay money to see videos of you guys thats all)  i just like your sites.

Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lemoncookie01

Bye

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By MethodMan008

Screened was totally boring imo...  I did like the ComicVine stuff... (especially when Norm was involved) it has even inspired me to check out a few comics...  LOVED the giantbomb content as usual...  and the tested stuff was hilarious..   

The PBS stuff was annoying because I was already planning on subscribing..  But no worries... 

omghisam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By omghisam

Feeling entitled much?

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By vaiz

And here we had a budding understanding brewing :<

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By ch13696

I'm with you on that. Today, it feels like this site has completely changed. And I didn't know Kessler started talking shit. Is there a chat log of this? I thought that dude can take some blows, but I guess not. I guess he respects the company a lot more than his weight.

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By dtat

Yeah I wasn't big on the live show. It was just too long. I'd rather an hour show with fun stuff. Oh wait! That 
s exactly what we'll get from now on! Yay!
StillVictor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By StillVictor

You're right. They aren't different. They too need money to live. Don't you?

Warihay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Warihay

Hope the door hits ya on the way out..

Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Zithe

You obviously missed the block party stream. Totally made up for any shortcomings in the main show.

T0mF5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By T0mF5
@Zinc said:
" You won't be missed. "
AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By AltonBrown

BYE!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By mike

You've created just about enough threads and whined about this just about enough....and are now officially annoying me. Knock it off please.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TwoOneFive
@MethodMan008 said:
" Screened was totally boring imo...  I did like the ComicVine stuff... (especially when Norm was involved) it has even inspired me to check out a few comics...  LOVED the giantbomb content as usual...  and the tested stuff was hilarious..    The PBS stuff was annoying because I was already planning on subscribing..  But no worries...  "
what was so great about it that made you LOVE it?!