• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Aegon (5377 posts) -

@awheaten said:  

I used to be a fan of jeff G. I am one of those who followed him to giant-bomb. And, thats where I started not to like this guy's philosophy on games. What makes a good game; whats cool and whats not. I started getting into gamespot around 2001. Jeff, Alex, and the rest of the old schools were there. PS2 was at an all time high. All the games were (to me) rated pretty fairly. That is until this Genre came around, the PS3 was highly scrutinized (because of the price) and the games average score was like a 7. Then all of the Xbox360 games were getting like 8.5 and 9s, when previously the year before they were getting like 6 and 7s. Since then I've been voicing my opinion against gamespot. That is when I followed Jeff to giant bomb only to find out that was the founder of PS3 bashing. I had thought that it was gamespot that had started that trend; taking money from M$ to say the games like tools of destructions was a 7.5. But, it was infact Jeff that was responsible for all this.

Giant bomb is exactly its name: a nuke bomb. The podcasts are terrible, talking about all kind of crazy stuff. Getting off topic every other subject. The site is a mess. The scoring system is all jacked up. I finally had to be honest with myself and say these guys are Xbox fans and they will continue to bash Sony no matter how good their games are. gamespot is getting better, only because the Xbox hasn't really came out with any games. But giant-bomb is a horrible site. I knew that they were going down hill when they started charging to listen to their horrid podcast, rationalizing it saying, "It cost you what you would pay for a gallon of gas every month". That was the end of it for me. I stop going to the site. 

So people like this exist. Or is this guy a troll? This was posted on a recent  gamespot feature. Look at that last line. I remember there was a scare when Whiskey said they wanted to allow subscribers to have the full podcast while the rest of us would have to wait for each part, but they backpedaled on that real quick after the huge uproar.   

Edit: Ooooh there's more:  

I thought the site would just die slowly and they would go on to do other things. But, they have decided to take one last bat at it and go out with a bang. Word of advice, bashing PS3 game will never give you the audience that need to be successful. Too many loyal Sony fans want to hear the truth about the new games that are coming out. Not your take on why you don't like this or that. Sony is here to stay; I thought they would have learned that from the PS1 and 2. But, trying to usher M$ as the dominate system is a mistake and will continue to cost you fans Jeff. BTW, MAN has he put on wieght. Word of advice STOP SETTING UP THE BAR!!!! LOL! 

#2 Edited by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

OMG we got to take down gamespot. or should i say gameshit.

PS. If you cant tell this was satire.

#3 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Someone on the internet says stupid shit.

The topic.

#4 Edited by Zacagawea (1577 posts) -
#5 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

Dude sounds like a queef.

#7 Posted by AjayRaz (12416 posts) -

ehh.. i'd say you shouldn't give this guy the attention that he wants

#8 Posted by prestonhedges (1965 posts) -

Pffft. They don't hate the PS3, they hate the PC.

#9 Posted by N7 (3572 posts) -
@AjayRaz said:

BUT HOW CAN I GET POPULAR IF I'M NOT MAKING FUN OF SOMEONE!?
#10 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

An unreasonable poster on a gaming website?

Someone call the papers.

#11 Posted by Marz (5642 posts) -
#12 Posted by Spoonman671 (4531 posts) -
@Breadfan said:
Holy shit, guys, do you remember the word "queef"?  I had completely forgotten this word existed.
#13 Posted by Blair (2497 posts) -

Who fucking cares?

#14 Posted by jking47 (1207 posts) -

ignore him and stop giving gamespot page views

#15 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3048 posts) -

If he could only spell Giant Bomb correctly people might listen.

#16 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Why is this even a topic?

#17 Edited by Aegon (5377 posts) -
@Marz said:

guess he did make a giantbomb account.

Thanks...we just completed a quest objective for him.  

@N7 said:
@AjayRaz said:

BUT HOW CAN I GET POPULAR IF I'M NOT MAKING FUN OF SOMEONE!?
Et tu N7?
#18 Edited by Jaytow (693 posts) -

"Getting off topic" Was the bombcast ever on topic? I mean, they were talking about energy drinks from the start.

#19 Posted by Zor (653 posts) -

Well, everyone is bias in some regard, but GB isn't in the way that guy puts it. They don't rate one platform over another, but people do have games/genre they like more than others. Personally, i think this is a good thing, since it means that a fighting game review from Jeff is going to be more detailed/passionate than if it was written by... lets say Ryan.

From the sounds of it, the poster just wants others to agree with him in order to justify his own personal beliefs (which is rather common (the need to have other people agree with you, not the hate for GB))

#20 Posted by NegativeCero (2974 posts) -

@Spoonman671 said:

@Breadfan said:
Holy shit, guys, do you remember the word "queef"? I had completely forgotten this word existed.

I like how you use it as a casual insult. I haven't heard it a while either and I'm kind of disappointed in myself for knowing what it is.

But yeah, the guy's a troll.

#21 Posted by LordAndrew (14420 posts) -
I vote that we not care.
#22 Posted by andriv (254 posts) -

they are just a bunch of big bo fanboys

this is just a rant from an uninformed idiot. lets not judge gamespot on one idiot, we probably have a couple of his kind in our community.

#23 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

Someone on the internet said something.

I must listen.

#24 Posted by swamplord666 (1757 posts) -

gamespot is a decent site but man is the community childish... Everyone constantly calling each other fanboys and full of trolls.

#25 Posted by MiniPato (2714 posts) -

Oh no! Not Gamespot user!

#26 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19306 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

Why is this even a topic?

#27 Posted by PixelPrinny (1030 posts) -

*sighs*

#28 Posted by Aegon (5377 posts) -
@MiniPato: Sensationalism at its best eh? 
#29 Posted by Gargantuan (1880 posts) -

People on the internet say stupid shit. What else is new?

#30 Posted by Zrais (142 posts) -

Internet!

#31 Posted by alternate (2679 posts) -

You mean a forum kid said something? Stop the presses. Go read the GB threads on "a popular internet gaming forum" if you want to see real histrionics.

#32 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4522 posts) -

@NegativeCero said:

@Spoonman671 said:

@Breadfan said:
Holy shit, guys, do you remember the word "queef"? I had completely forgotten this word existed.

I like how you use it as a casual insult. I haven't heard it a while either and I'm kind of disappointed in myself for knowing what it is.

What's wrong with knowing about pussy farts? It happens, man.

#33 Posted by Zelyre (1106 posts) -

This reminds me, I haven't been to sonydefenseforce.com in a long ass time.

#34 Posted by eroticfishcake (7782 posts) -

I'm a potato.

#35 Posted by LordAndrew (14420 posts) -
@swamplord666 said:

gamespot is a decent site but man is the community childish... Everyone constantly calling each other fanboys and full of trolls.

The really shameful thing is that this sort of thread is exactly the kind of thing the Giant Bomb community hates. Do we not hold ourselves to higher standards?
#36 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3719 posts) -

I don't go to Gamespot because I don't WANT to see that bullshit. Don't drag it over here.

#37 Posted by Dan_CiTi (3151 posts) -

Either he's being a moron or satirical, whatevs.

#38 Posted by RE_Player1 (7545 posts) -

I don't actually think real people are on the Gamespot forums or even the staff because most of the content being pumped out is so cold and mechanical, absolutely zero personalty whatsoever. This isn't a dude, it's a robot with a poor auto-correct feature.

#39 Posted by Milkman (16486 posts) -

A stupid person on the internet? This is the discovery of a lifetime!

Seriously, though, why is this a topic of discussion?

#40 Posted by Video_Game_King (35849 posts) -

@LordXavierBritish said:

Someone on the internet says stupid shit. The topic.

Rated PG-13.

#41 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4608 posts) -

I care what some random on the internet thinks about a website I view.

#42 Posted by GorillaMoPena (1890 posts) -

I'll be passing out pitchforks at sundown!

#43 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5797 posts) -

Thanks for letting me know.

#44 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

@LordAndrew said:

@swamplord666 said:

The really shameful thing is that this sort of thread is exactly the kind of thing the Giant Bomb community hates. Do we not hold ourselves to higher standards?

I think thats why everyone is dumping on it.

#45 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5135 posts) -

A guy on the internet said something!

#46 Posted by Lotus (204 posts) -

How so? uncharted 2 was giant bomb game of the year for 2009, and thats a ps3 ass ps3 game.

#47 Posted by DonutFever (3549 posts) -

I don't know why Micro$oft would pay for anti-Playstation sentiments to be made. It's not like they're Microsoft or anything.

#48 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -
@Oldirtybearon

@NegativeCero said:

@Spoonman671 said:

@Breadfan said:

What's wrong with knowing about pussy farts? It happens, man.

Sorry, I get too classy sometimes
#49 Posted by Azteck (7450 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

Someone on the internet says stupid shit. The topic.

Rated PG-13.

Coming this summer, to a theater near you.
#50 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1724 posts) -

Wow, shitty topic? Let's not keep making threads about stupid Gamespot posts and focus on more relevant things yeh?