The "Can't remember the name of this game" Thread v3.0

aspaceinvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@outofbounds9000: wings of fury maybe, you flew a plane and attacked japanese defenses on islands and fought zero fighters later on.

ardrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#602  Edited By ardrid

I can't figure what this game isfor the life of me. The only thing that comes up when I search is Faxandu but I'm almost certain that's not it based on the look/feel.

Dealing with an NES game that I probably played somewhere around 88-90. Believe it was an adventure/RPG, similar in style to Link to the Past. One of the things I remember vividly was that you had to find a set of winged boots and a harp. I also recall having to travel through a forest to obtain one/both of these items.

Anyone have any ideas?

NecroMongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's an arcade game and was a side scrolling shot-em up platformer. It had a sci-fi theme and you could pick which planet (level) at the start. There might have been 6 planets but unsure. I used to play it around 90' - 91' but could be older. I've been looking for this game for a loooooong time. Any guesses?

lala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hi!! I ve been trying to find a game I used to play maybe 10 years ago, but I dont remember much. I think there were no characters, no people, i kind of remember machines, or maybe robots I´m not sure. The main color was red, a little black and also I believe, grey. It could be in space, because i dont remember any walls , neither a landscape on the background.

I have the feeling it was kind of a dark/murky game, the music absolutely was.

- pc game

-first person

-3D (not sure about this)

it may be about a thing you have to guide through the screen and avoid it from falling down, but i could be mixing to different games here, so dont take too in consideration this last information

sorry for my english, i actually speak spanish, so i hope someone can understand what I just wrote.

thank you!!!!!

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#605 chaser324  Moderator
Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cozmicaztaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#607  Edited By cozmicaztaway
Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#608  Edited By Hunter5024

Watching the Shadowrun Quick Look reminded me of this PC game I borrowed from my friend like a decade ago. I think it was an isometric RPG, and there was a big robot companion that you got, and maybe a dude with a mohawk? I think the main character was a girl with blue hair.

salarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#609  Edited By salarn
Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

@hatrack said:

The second game was an old Arcade game with a boy with blue hair i think. It was a side scrolling platformer like wonder boy. I only remember that the first level was in a forest with platforms over water or poisoned water. I remember that there was a blue cape you could collect by squeezing through some platforms by jiggling the joystick and sliding under a ledge.

Well, a boy with blue hair sounds like Goemon. So, The Legend of the Mystical Ninja for SNES?

No Caption Provided

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

ItsMTheKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello,

The game I need to be remembered for me from what I vaguely remember was an M rated PC shooting game. I played it in 2003, the main character wore a blue suit and had blonde hair. That's all I really remember to be honest. It was a good game, and I'd love to play it again.

HermanBloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spectrum karate game, not IK+ or Way of the Exploding fist. You basically went from left to right (I think) in a dojo-like building, fighting multiple enemies that would come from both sides of the screen. Really bugging me that I can;t remember the name and Google is just giving me the Exploding Fist screenshots.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RazielEyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cozmicaztaway: my good sir... you are absolutely right! Thank you a thousand times over!

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#616  Edited By veektarius

@cozmicaztaway: my good sir... you are absolutely right! Thank you a thousand times over!

That's the game I was thinking of too, but I couldn't remember what it was called - recognized it immediately when I saw the name though. I kind of liked that game, I recall, and I remember it being really twisted.

maoroh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please please pleaseeee help me with the game i was looking for, it's driving me crazy for a week!! Things i remember:

-about ten years ago

-ps2

-real time strategy with tanks

-you could capture oil rigs to research new types of turrents, wheels, hulls, etc.

-had nice graphics, not cartoony or such, and is not kknd

Thx in advance:)

cozmicaztaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@razieleyre said:

That's the game I was thinking of too, but I couldn't remember what it was called - recognized it immediately when I saw the name though. I kind of liked that game, I recall, and I remember it being really twisted.

It was the "kill duck" part that really made it seem Dink Smallwood-ish. And yes, that game was pretty neat and pretty twisted/hilarious at times. Also, I just realized the name is probably a dick-joke. So there's that.

ItsMTheKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#619  Edited By ItsMTheKnight

@samstrife: I checked that game out, I don't think that was it. What I remember was that the main character (which was on the cover of the game I think) had a fairy large build. It wasn't a war themed game, it was a first person shooter I think.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, I've been asking about this one for perhaps a decade now. I first posted about it on GameTrailers, then on Giant Bomb at some point, and then on NeoGAF, with no luck. Well, it feels like it's time to ask about it again.

It was an educational game set in space and it wasn't Math Blaster.

It had fairly high res art with lots of green splats and wacky text on the interface. Everything was super hip and 90's cool. Radical even.

When you exited to DOS it would say, "Return to DISK OUTER SPACE?"

Does anyone remember Disk Outer Space!? :D

Gardeford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So im trying to find a puzzle type game where you play as a chicken, and you have to navigate through mazes and avoid enemies(that might have been ufo's). The games atmosphere is dark purplish. It was a game for the computer from the early 2000's, like 2000-2003 windows 98 i beleive

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So im trying to find a puzzle type game where you play as a chicken, and you have to navigate through mazes and avoid enemies(that might have been ufo's). The games atmosphere is dark purplish. It was a game for the computer from the early 2000's, like 2000-2003 windows 98 i beleive

It wouldn't happen to be the Chicken Run game, would it?

No Caption Provided

mikeymilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got one that has been bugging me for a very long time.

I played it in the arcade when i was a kid, probably about 20 years ago, i don't know if it was available for any home systems. My memory is pretty foggy, but I think it was an isometric view, and you had to go room to room, shooting aliens and saving hostages. It was very colorful and had a cartoon aesthetic. It definitely had a sense of humor, or at least my child brain thought it was funny. The protagonist may have had blonde hair and a red shirt... I know this is not much to go on but I hope it's enough.

Avatar image for drzoidbergfuturama
DrZoidbergFuturama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

platformer late 90s PC game. Got negative reviews because it looked graphically 'old' like super mario world. I liked the game and it has driven me crazy for years not knowing what it is called I'm trying to find it again.

Mario-style platformer with gun like weapons/bombs. there were different kinds of vehicles that the character could climb into. I think that there were billboards that acted like checkpoints when you destroyed them or walked by them and they automatically changed... It was kinda like a man vs the corrupt mob/government or something i can't really remember the details. I think most of the weapons that you used curved like chucking something underhanded... even the bullets from guns had a big curve i think.

The big think that sets it apart is the Vehicles. Reminds me of Mega Man X style kinda. This was a PC game I think I played on Windows 98 and when i updated I lost it. Again the game got BAD reviews and very few reviews at the time I looked into it.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#625  Edited By SamStrife

@mikeymilkshake said:

I've got one that has been bugging me for a very long time.

I played it in the arcade when i was a kid, probably about 20 years ago, i don't know if it was available for any home systems. My memory is pretty foggy, but I think it was an isometric view, and you had to go room to room, shooting aliens and saving hostages. It was very colorful and had a cartoon aesthetic. It definitely had a sense of humor, or at least my child brain thought it was funny. The protagonist may have had blonde hair and a red shirt... I know this is not much to go on but I hope it's enough.

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII- I know what you're talking about exactly but I can't think of the name...

Edit: I remember! Escape from the Planet of the Robot Monsters

mikeymilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of these just occurred to me. The game I'm thinking of was for PC, probably in the late 90s, as I remember its graphics being fairly good. It was a side-scrolling shmup, with the twist being that you weren't a plan but rather you were a submarine. It had the Raptor/Tyrian mechanic of a shop with new weapons between levels, too. That's all I've got, aside from the fact it was shareware.

det0n8r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My apologies if it's already been asked/answered, but I'm trying to recall the name of an old PC game from the late 80's or early 90's. It was mainly a 2D top-down third-person adventure (similar to the original Grand Theft Auto, minus the Auto), but you explored different planets, got into laser fights, etc. (very much like Mass Effect), and I remember playing it for hours on end. I feel like it started with an M, and was around the same time as Space Quest 3.

I would be so grateful if someone knows, been stumped on this for over a year!! :)

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#630  Edited By Sanity

@veektarius said:

One of these just occurred to me. The game I'm thinking of was for PC, probably in the late 90s, as I remember its graphics being fairly good. It was a side-scrolling shmup, with the twist being that you weren't a plan but rather you were a submarine. It had the Raptor/Tyrian mechanic of a shop with new weapons between levels, too. That's all I've got, aside from the fact it was shareware.

Was it In the Hunt?

Loading Video...

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanity: I don't think so. That doesn't look like it has the upgrade system I was talking about and looks a bit older also. Definitely a lot of similarities to my vague memory, though. I'm not sure about everything I said, but I'm sure about the upgrades, because I specifically remember cheating in a way that got me a ton of money to buy the best stuff.

grinchen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#632  Edited By grinchen

Sorry if this has been posted. I had a nes clone when i was little, and i can barely remember a game i used to like. i think it was both a platformer and a shooter. the shooter part reminds me alot about gradius. The platformer part i cant remmber much about, just that i think you can play 2 player, and the main characters were red and blue with futuristic armor/space suit on. As i remember it, you would clear a level, then go to next screen on a map, like mario 3. And you had multiple choises, at least at one point. The shooter part reminds me so much of gradius, i almost tought it was that. Will be grateful for any help, spent 3 hours searchin nes sites now:P

Edit: So this is what i think i know. Them game was on nes (we had a clone that looked like a snes,which gave us cheats in some games). I feel like the graphics were pretty good for nes, so think it was a late game on the nes though i cant be sure. I searched everthing back to 93 i think, but maybe it wasnt released in the us. Please help, i really wanna play this game and see if it was as good as i remember.

horpradga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#633  Edited By horpradga

I can't remember the name of this old PC game I used to play a bit. Been searching the internet a lot but no luck what so ever.

It's a pc game, in 3d, but it's old. Prob early 90's. The game uses fixed camera angles/positions, much like Resident Evil 1 or 2. The graphics was also very coloful and cartoony, and if I remember correctly the resolution was pretty low, even for its time (meaning it was likely software rendered). Anyways I remember the game starting with the hero entering a strange town, running across a bridge. In the town everyone is out to get him; it starts with a monkey and then there are more enemies. Can't really remember the other enemies though. Combat consists of clunky fighting, which reminds me a bit of the old Little Big Adventure-games. The hero like... lunged with his arms I think. The game was also really hard.

Any ideas at all??

cloudsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a game out there that i have been wanting to play on the playstation 2 or playstation i cant remember the name of it but it had decent graphics for the time it was when either the ps2 was or the ps1 was old played it when i was around 10 to 14 or so my birthday is 1992 so yeah so i dont know the exact date, main theme is rpg fantasy rune medival based, you start out in i think either a navy base or academy were you the apprentice help out around the area but a huge fleet of ships come in from the sea or lake i dunno and some random person i think either your best friend or mentor/old warrior goes to the top of the tower or base and then either his body or one of his limbs glow blood red or just red when he casts a rune from his body and it explodes(not the base just the fleet) and then when he finishes using it he dies and then the mark of that rune goes onto the main story character and then after that he goes on a quest i think to try to get rid of the rune of destruction or something its vague and i was a kid at the time so i dunno anything else all i remember was it was a turn based game i think 3 characters each like the final fantasy style so if any1 can find a related tittle from the ps1 to ps2 series please tell me

minimalen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi everyone!
This has been bugging me for quite awhile now.

The game is a game about Hover tanks, set in a future on different planets if i remember correctly. All maps are quite grayish, and greenish, and
sometimes even icy. The maps are very mountany and has steep hills. Before you start every "mission" (i only played the singleplayer campaign, but if i recall correctly there was a multiplayer part aswell.)
You placed turrets for your team, where-ever you wanted, you could also make your own maps. In theese maps you could palce turrets from both teams and tanks everywhere, there could be total mayhem. You could choose between light tanks, medium and heavy ones for your team and had to
destroy all other hover tanks on the opposing team. The tanks had special weaponry depending on what class you chose, and the heavy were ofcourse much slower than the other ones but could take much more damage. This was quite long ago, but it's for PC and thats almost everything i can recall, but the game itself were awesome!

Many thanks to you if you can help me find this game!

ioxoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can somebody help me, please? I'm looking for a PC game, I guess it came out somewhere around 2000-2002 and it was an arcade car combat game, possibly indie, with small RC cars that could pick up upgrades like rockets, mines and set up traps like oil spills and electric shocks. Camera was in bird perspective and you could play with many players. I remember there were many types of cars, like very small ones and trucks.

buwchbach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

an on foot racing game for ps1? I think it had a top-down view but I'm not sure. I think the racers were humans and humanoid monsters probably, and one of them was maybe blue?

Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Hi everyone!

This has been bugging me for quite awhile now.

The game is a game about Hover tanks, set in a future on different planets if i remember correctly. All maps are quite grayish, and greenish, and

sometimes even icy. The maps are very mountany and has steep hills. Before you start every "mission" (i only played the singleplayer campaign, but if i recall correctly there was a multiplayer part aswell.)

You placed turrets for your team, where-ever you wanted, you could also make your own maps. In theese maps you could palce turrets from both teams and tanks everywhere, there could be total mayhem. You could choose between light tanks, medium and heavy ones for your team and had to

destroy all other hover tanks on the opposing team. The tanks had special weaponry depending on what class you chose, and the heavy were ofcourse much slower than the other ones but could take much more damage. This was quite long ago, but it's for PC and thats almost everything i can recall, but the game itself were awesome!

Many thanks to you if you can help me find this game!

Military Madness: Nectaris?

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/3715/943105-cyrano.jpg

minimalen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's not it i'm afraid! It's much much older, how old i can't really tell.

One more thing about the game is that you could switch from "first person" in the Hover tank and "third person" so you are looking at it from behind if i'm not misstaken.

And it's only hover tanks! And turrets! And as i recall sensor towers aswell.

Theresa05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello,

I am looking for a game that was released mid 90s to early 2000. It is a real time strategy game. I had at that time, unfortunately, only a demo. It takes place in a fictional world. The menu, or the survey is on the right side (I think). You play as a human race. The individual units, in this case, people could be trained to become better, the display for this is right on top of the monitor. You hunt Dinosaurs and other animals to level up the individual units. These animals sometimes drop items, such as e.g. axes, bows, boomerangs, shields and so on. I do not know if you must collect resources, but if then determined food. You can build buildings. As an opponent, there are humans and other races. I had played the demo. There are three different levels (I am not sure, maybe 3 different typs with each 3 levels).

The first: You start in the middle of the map with a few units (perhaps three). The opponents are dinosaurs at the starting position. I never got far in this level. I quickly lost because the dinosaurs were too much and too strong.

The second: Here I can remember off poorly. I just know that you could also form wizard.

The third: Here I can remember quite well off. You start on the left below. One opponent (human) is directly above you on the map. He has, among other things, a blacksmith. Right above the camp has been a forest where the enemy had positioned his soldiers. On the right of the camp, there was a forest where you could level up your own soldiers well, and many items fall by the animals was left. Another opponent (no human) was right on top of the map. This had a base with turrets as a defense.

I hope you can help me. I am looking for this game a couple of years. Possibly the demo was marked as shareware.

solaris12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x19: Hello, I have been searching for a specific game for nearly 5 years now. Here is what I know about it:

- It runs on Windows XP, possibly made for 98.

- It was made between 2000 and 2006, roughly.

- It was a Physics/Strategy game of sorts and did not play in fullscreen mode, but in a Windows "Form", in 2D.

- It is possible it was an indie game by a single person.

- The object of the game was to first "drag and drop" parts (such as tubes, ramps, bumpers, accelerators, black holes, switches, etc) into an arrangement of your choice on the board and press the "Start" button. This would drop a small black ball into play that would, hopefully, follow the path of parts you laid out as long as possible, until it finally drops into the finish "hole". Each round was timed and you could also rewind the round in order to tweak your path. The ball was the only object subject to gravity. Also, if the ball comes to a rest, then the timer stops and the round is considered failed.

- The paths you created could be saved to a file and uploaded to the game website for other users to try.

This game reminds me of the type of game where you put together pipes in a correct way to change a flow of water, into a drain, but instead of water, its a black ball that is affected by gravity. I used to have fun with my friends trying to see who can make the best path (longest time for the ball in play).

The closest match I could find is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Incredible_Machine_(series), but it does not have machines of this sort.

It looked similar to:

No Caption Provided

This game is probably Freeware by now. Any help would be EXTREMELY appreciated! Thanks!

ExTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#643  Edited By ExTech

Its a PlayStation 1 game its a 3rd person game the main caracter is red its like a beast like thing in some levels you have to collect genies that pray to finish the level there are mechs that you can ride in some levels you can play that game 2 player with your friend to fight with each other and there are some puzzles if I remmember clearly its a old game I thinkg played it in my childhood on my ps1 cant remmember the name sorry for my bad english. :)

timkofoed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#645  Edited By timkofoed

I'm trying to remember an old PC game. It was about WW2, top-down, Isometric view and turn based. You start out by rolling dice to get the stats for each of your soldiers, then select what happened to them in their past (Hunter, Travelled, FBI agent) or (Salesman, Manager), etc... then the game starts and you purchase equipment and vehicles using the money those troops bring with them and you go on missions where you either hunt enemy soldiers, deliver antibiotics to civilians and maybe more missions... I believe I read somewhere that the game was never finished, so this may have been abandonware...

Thanks

timkofoed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#646  Edited By timkofoed

@ioxoi: Are you thinking of the Micro Machines series? ...I haven't tried them all, but I think maybe one of them had weapons... but I can't quite remember...

MicroMachines wiki

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

solaris12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#647  Edited By solaris12

@maoroh: Not sure if they made this on PS2 or not, but its on PC and it really sounds like what you are looking for.

Is it Warzone 2100?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@solaris12: If it's not The Incredible Machine, are you sure it's not one of the sequels? There was a TiM 2 and 3 as I recall, and they looked different. I can't think of any other "Rube Goldberg"-esque games from that era other than those, they were certainly the most famous. And they sound just like how you describe them. Maybe it was some cheap knock-off, or something like that?

resifreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

solaris12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gkhan: Maybe it was a cheap knock-off, but it was really fun. Since it had an upload feature, I thought it might be possible to find it. So far, no luck. I have looked at The Incredible Machine, but it didnt have all those gadgets. I can name what it had by memory: a straight-through pipe, 4-way pipe, bumpers, ramps, accelerators, worm-holes, springs and solid blocks. Thats pretty much it, but you could make amazing 'paths' for the ball to travel through. Not only that, but when you watched the ball travel, it would leave a small trail behind so you could retrace its steps and fine-tune your setup. I could swear it was called "Gravity Ball" or "Grav Ball", but when I google that, it comes back with that dumb Fushigi ball thing...