#651 Edited by maoroh (3 posts) -

@solaris12: OH MY GOD!!!! can't believe you found it!! Thank you so much for that help :)

#652 Edited by solaris12 (4 posts) -

@maoroh said:

@solaris12: OH MY GOD!!!! can't believe you found it!! Thank you so much for that help :)

No problem. Glad to help. It's actually my favorite RTS game :)

#653 Edited by azzajess (1 posts) -

Hello

There was this game i played on PC (Possibly during Windows Xp era...Maybe 2000-2005? Anyway it was a FPS arena style game. You were in a typical arena style area with a crowd along the side and barriers etc on the bottom. It had a vibrant feel to it - so green grass along the bottom. The graphics of the game was pretty good at the time too (at least i think it was). I think the game is somewhat set in futuristic/Sci-Fi times. You had to defeat all the enemies that came out. I remember that there was 2 platforms on either side of the arena and had things like health and ammo. You had a jet-pack as well and that helped with getting on those platforms because they were high up. I also remember that once you killed all the other smaller enemy's, a tank (I think) boss comes out and you destroy it. Once you did that it was the end of the DEMO. That's all i have. I don't know where the demo came from....

Thankyou very much!

#654 Edited by Cozmicaztaway (216 posts) -

@azzajess said:

Hello

There was this game i played on PC (Possibly during Windows Xp era...Maybe 2000-2005? Anyway it was a FPS arena style game. You were in a typical arena style area with a crowd along the side and barriers etc on the bottom. It had a vibrant feel to it - so green grass along the bottom. The graphics of the game was pretty good at the time too (at least i think it was). I think the game is somewhat set in futuristic/Sci-Fi times. You had to defeat all the enemies that came out. I remember that there was 2 platforms on either side of the arena and had things like health and ammo. You had a jet-pack as well and that helped with getting on those platforms because they were high up. I also remember that once you killed all the other smaller enemy's, a tank (I think) boss comes out and you destroy it. Once you did that it was the end of the DEMO. That's all i have. I don't know where the demo came from....

Thankyou very much!

Sounds an awful lot like the demo for Tribes: Vengeance. Not sure I recall if it was a grass field, but the rest fits in.

#655 Edited by christopherson329 (210 posts) -

can someone tell the title of this game it was a cowboy game on the wii and the main guy a had like a kitana and a revolver i think

#656 Edited by Ezakael (917 posts) -

I have yet another one I'd like to try and find. This may have less details than before so know idea how this will go down.

It's a side scrolling turn based game set in a medieval setting. You can choose the 3 characters you want in your party but it's only really appearances (It's always the same classes which I believe are the basic warrior, ranger, mage) and I believe some of the dialogue will also change. You start off in a small village and I believe you have to rescue a little girl from a monster.

The game is indie and free to play. It used to be a paid game but the developer got tired of the piracy and made it free with a choice of donations. This is the 2nd game in the series.

EDIT: Answered my own Question. It's spirit Engine 2.

#657 Posted by Cantaloup (37 posts) -
#658 Posted by christopherson329 (210 posts) -
#660 Posted by Hlektr0n (2 posts) -

Hi to all.

There was a coin-op game in late 80's for which I remember many distinctive things, but however much I have tried googling all kinds of different combinations of search strings that could be related to the game I have been miserably unsuccessful.

The hero was in a forest with his girlfriend. Then a wizard came and kidnapped the girl. As the hero began his journey in order to free his beloved he initially wandered outside the castle, collecting coins. At that point he did not have any weapons. Then there was a shack, from which the hero could buy different kinds of fire. All players opted for the swirling fire, but there was also a straight one.

The rest of the action was taking place inside the castle. It was more of a platform game. Before the final battle, the hero kept descending in the dungeons of the castle, where he fought with knights who bred smaller knights in numbers (or stones, I have a rather vague memory about that) and you jumped over these, in order to aim at the "breeding" knight.

The final battle was with the wizard in a bigger chamber in the dungeon. The wizard then transformed into a giant dragon (or a monster of some kind) and you had to have your hero very near the dragon's claws in order to avoid all things it threw against you (stones? I don't remember exactly). Maybe the dragon threw some sort of thunder-like spells and the stones I mentioned are from altered beast... What kind of tricks your mind can play to you after 25 years or so...

Do these sound familiar to anyone? It was a japanese game.

Thanks

#661 Edited by Shingatsu (44 posts) -

Hello everybody

I want to know the title of a game which was set in WWII, the camera was in the sky and you lead a squad of few soldiers.

the game was about killing nazi soldiers and destroying enemy equipment, the normal things for a WWII game, but this was quite funny to play it even if the graphics were crappy..

#662 Posted by Jkragsac (1 posts) -

So here is a tough one.....I can only remember a few vague details of this game.....so all I remember is that you are some guy who starts of facing this big mansion, but in front of the mansion are some thick hedges on the sides of the walkway leading towards the mansion. If you turn to your left I think, there is this locked building that you can't go in yet, and there is this crazy creature that is jumping around and all you have is your gun and you have to shoot this jumping creature. Once you shoot it I think you get a key that let's you in the locked building, but all that is in the building is a creepy skeleton. So you exit that building and make your way towards the mansion. As you make your way towards the mansion all these demonic dolls or puppets or whatever they are all come crawling out of the hedges. You can't fight them all so you just have to run through. When you get really close the mansion I think there is a cutscene of another creepy doll or puppet that is watching you from the top window. Once that cutscene ends you have the choice of entering the mansion or going left. All I remember is choosing to go left and then I eventually fell down this creepy dark area with a bridge in front of me. The controls to the game were pretty bad and so where the camera angles as you try and cross the narrow bridge in front of you, and if you fall off the bridge this really creepy music starts playing. At the end of the bridge is another locked door and off to the side of the locked door is this fat man or creature dressed in a suit I think and it laying face down supposedly dead. If you push it's body you collect all these items until you finally push his body off the ledge into the dark abyss. Supposedly there were some rumors that if you poke that fat guys body that it will wake up and look like some creepy walrus man. The only other memory I have of this game is that there are these two fat creatures coming down the stairs and somehow you have to release a trigger or something and a big log held up by chains or rope comes swinging by and smashes the two fat creatures through the door. That's all I remember of the game. I've been trying to google descriptions of this game, but nothing comes up.

#663 Edited by ardrid (3 posts) -

@ardrid: No thoughts on this one?

#664 Posted by ardrid (3 posts) -

I can't figure what this game isfor the life of me. The only thing that comes up when I search is Faxandu but I'm almost certain that's not it based on the look/feel.

Dealing with an NES game that I probably played somewhere around 88-90. Believe it was an adventure/RPG, similar in style to Link to the Past. One of the things I remember vividly was that you had to find a set of winged boots and a harp. I also recall having to travel through a forest to obtain one/both of these items.

Anyone have any ideas?

#665 Edited by yakov456 (1899 posts) -

Maybe "Battle of Olympus"?

#666 Edited by flukess (2 posts) -

Hi all I am new here so sorry if I make any mistakes.

I am trying to figure out a game I played on PC about 4 years ago. (was probably a few years old then). In the game you were the captain of a small spaceship (you did not fly it around no space battles that I remember) which was your home base between ground missions(FPS). There was an engineer who when you gave him parts he would make you weapons(he was always drunk and smoking cigs). Also there was a mission briefing room where some military guy would show you a hologram and explain missions. There was a girl on the ship also and I think a robot(maybe).

You could walk around the small ship and go to your quarters and the bridge and engineering, also the briefing room and shuttle port.

The missions (when you landed) would start you away from a base you would have to infiltrate etc.

The game was not like a serious space travelling sim type game, more like you were a bunch of ragtag crew members flying around and your conversations had a lot of cheesy one liners.

Thanks all for any help, hope I can look through and help some others as well.

#667 Posted by X19 (2304 posts) -

Hello everybody

I want to know the title of a game which was set in WWII, the camera was in the sky and you lead a squad of few soldiers.

the game was about killing nazi soldiers and destroying enemy equipment, the normal things for a WWII game, but this was quite funny to play it even if the graphics were crappy..

Company of Heroes?

#668 Posted by X19 (2304 posts) -

@flukess said:

Hi all I am new here so sorry if I make any mistakes.

I am trying to figure out a game I played on PC about 4 years ago. (was probably a few years old then). In the game you were the captain of a small spaceship (you did not fly it around no space battles that I remember) which was your home base between ground missions(FPS). There was an engineer who when you gave him parts he would make you weapons(he was always drunk and smoking cigs). Also there was a mission briefing room where some military guy would show you a hologram and explain missions. There was a girl on the ship also and I think a robot(maybe).

You could walk around the small ship and go to your quarters and the bridge and engineering, also the briefing room and shuttle port.

The missions (when you landed) would start you away from a base you would have to infiltrate etc.

The game was not like a serious space travelling sim type game, more like you were a bunch of ragtag crew members flying around and your conversations had a lot of cheesy one liners.

Thanks all for any help, hope I can look through and help some others as well.

I'm going to go with The Precursors

2005, RPG, has FPS shooting levels, you can walk around on the ship.

#669 Posted by tweetingtagging (1 posts) -

hey can anyone help, i am trying to remember this ps1 game, would have been around 97 i think. Anyway it is an action adventure i think, you play as a faceless red coloured guy with a small sword and you start by going through a door, it is 3d kinda open worldish and bats attack and in the first area there was a small are with a boatman wanting something, i cannot remember much else.

#670 Posted by airman23 (2 posts) -

Hello, i am looking for an old game 2D, PC platform, the view angle was like atomic bomberman. In this game you had to dig through dirt and collect diamonds. If you dug under a rock and then run away the rock falls down. I think the character had a pickaxe in hid hands... i don't remember the year maybe 2005...

#671 Posted by MachoFantastico (4514 posts) -

This is a tough one:

As a kid in Primary School (in the UK that is), we had a set of Acorn computers located in the computer rooms. So this would be in the 90's for certain. I vividly recall a pretty kick ass set of games that were preinstalled on that system at the time and which was available to play every so often.

Game Number One!

This was an adventure game of sorts, where you were somehow moving a man forward by completing challenges and puzzles. These puzzles were mini games and consisted of things like navigating a tiny robot through a maze and selecting stone blocks to fit the right cart. There was also some form of mini game with a drinks machine. I remember the games quite a bit but have never been able to figure out what the game was called. I want to say it might have been 'Jungle' something but can't be sure. Would love to discover this game for nostalgia reasons. If I recall anything more I'll post more details. But like I said, it was on the Acorn computers, pre-installed and had a set of fun challenging mini games for the time that I had a lot of fun playing as a kid. Whoever might be able to lead me in the right direction will be forever awesome in my book!

Game Number Two!

This is another weird one in the same vain as Game Number One. In fact it was set up the same, pre-installed on the Acorn Computers we had at Primary School. This wasn't exactly a game more of a unique experience but I can remember is vividly. Basically it was set within a house, was first person and basically you moved around the house and witnessed the different rooms and such. There were no people in the house but the awesome mechanic was that you could set the time and date to whenever. So we'd have fun as kids and change the date to our birthdays or christmas and the house would change to suit the occasion. At Christmas a tree would be up and there was snow outside etc, etc. Even now I still think this was awesome and would love to find it again. You could go outside but movement was set up like Myst style slides so there was no free movement as you might expect. Any help on discovering a name for this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, and good luck.

#672 Posted by billymagnum (737 posts) -

ok. this game had to have been on either atari jaguar or tubographix because we were borrowing them at the time.

i remember possibly skateboarding around a town. angled top down view. i remember something about either aliens or body-snatchers or pod people. there were "pods" on the street. i remember there being bees/beehives? it was such a weird game.

man its getting really foggy now but ive been trying to find this out since i was a teenager.

#674 Posted by Chaser324 (6345 posts) -

@airman23: Sounds like possibly just a generic clone of Dig Dug or Boulder Dash. Any additional info?

#676 Edited by airman23 (2 posts) -

@chaser324: @miserablelittlepile: Yes it's like these games, only it had better graphics, and a human was digging not a animal...

It was like Boulder Dash XL but not with a robot :)

#678 Posted by sinisa_colakovac (2 posts) -

Hi. I can't remember this game name but I can remember the look of the starting screen and some levels.
The starting screen looks like this: a green river and a coffin floating on it. There is land on which are tombstones on which are written NEW GAME, LOAD GAME etc.

One level has a green river (slime or acid i don't know) coming from a tunnel .On the river are coffins floating downstream. To move on you got to jump from a coffin to the next one until you get to the next side of the river.

A another level has a green lake whit fallen trees as blockades and peaces of land to jump on. To go to the next level you got to jump on a moving coffin and then on a peace of land until you go to the end of the lake (at least I remember like that).

Also there are two more level I kinda remember: a castle and a fort of some sort.

In the game you can be a boy or a girl. The girl was dressed as a witch.

The last time I played it was in 2006 (I was 7 or 8 years old.Today 13).

I think the game is a platformer, 3D, third person, bad graphics (for today) .

I think it is for ps1 (definitely not pc or nintendo).

I think it is for kids. So no firearms in the game.

I thank for any help you give me ;)

#679 Posted by eintagsfliege12345 (1 posts) -

I think, this is a hard one:

Plattform: PC
Time: Late 80s, Beginning of 90s... I think

I have very vague memories. Setting is a space station (or space ship?). I think it was a isometric view. You had to run around and I think aliens were somehow infiltrating. You had to collect green slime, or bubbles or something like that. Pretty sure, it was green. All in the space station.

Also there was an elevator. I think in the middle. So probably the ship had two levels. Or was it a chamber?

Thats unfortunately all. I don't think it was a very popular game.

#680 Edited by Jesna (73 posts) -

ok. this game had to have been on either atari jaguar or tubographix because we were borrowing them at the time.

i remember possibly skateboarding around a town. angled top down view. i remember something about either aliens or body-snatchers or pod people. there were "pods" on the street. i remember there being bees/beehives? it was such a weird game.

man its getting really foggy now but ive been trying to find this out since i was a teenager.

Skate or Die?

#681 Posted by billymagnum (737 posts) -

@billymagnum said:

Skate or Die?

cant be. i had that on nes and remember it well. unless there was some really messed up version.

#682 Posted by lord_canti (1504 posts) -

When I was a kid about the age of 6 so 1997 I was in a arcade while on holiday to Wales thee was a tounement fighting game where you play as a boxer fighting universal monsters such as Dracula frankenstine and I remember a lava monster. I remember it having a mortal kombat art style so the humanoid characters were photos of real people

#683 Posted by flukess (2 posts) -

@x19:

Unfortunately that's not it. Does look cool though. Thanks for the attempt.

#684 Edited by Cozmicaztaway (216 posts) -

@shingatsu: Could be one of the Commandos games, maybe.

@flukess: Unreal 2, perhaps?

#685 Edited by ThePsycho (1 posts) -

This is gonna be a hard one, as I had no luck finding it for months.

There was a game I played when I was a 4 years old in 1997 (although the game itself could have been released way before that).

It was an MS-DOS game where you controls a tank in Top-down perspective (the top of the tank has a blue circle) to fight against... an alien invasion I guess. Enemy's tanks will spawn from the four corners of the screen and you must destroy all of them in order to complete a level. The level progress is also shown in the right HUD as several yellow bars.

Enemy tanks (only the biggest one I think) also drop powerups when destroyed. There's a powerup that increases the tank's health bar (it'll be lost if your tank is destroyed). There's also a powerup with the "P" letter on it that increases the tank's firepower (initially, the tank can only shoot a rather small bullet), as you collect more, your tank will be able to shoot stronger bullet and gradually, shooting the bullets rapidly. If you collect enough that powerup (or even happens at random, like in the very first level), your tank will also transform and gain an armor which automatically increases the tank's health bar to maximum and it'll never drop even if your tank is destroyed (although your firepower will still be decreased). The Tank also equipped with 3 atomic bombs that when activated, it'll create a circle of explosions that completely nullifies any enemy's attack on it (thus can be a shield for yourself) and rapidly damage any enemies come near it. The explosions will slowly travel to where you've faced when you activated it before it goes out of the game's boundary.

After every 5-10 levels or so, the player will confront a boss that's significantly stronger, with the yellow bars previously mentioned act as their health. I remember the final boss is kinda special, in which the main alien leader confronts the player itself and is shown transforming into a big hulking alien tank (if I can even call that a tank). I remember losing like 15 lives in a row just to finally defeat that final boss for the first time.

While I still remember this game well, sadly I don't remember the name of this game. The .exe for it was simply named TANK.

#686 Edited by KevinJBV (1 posts) -

Ok here is my first one:

1. The game has a resident evil 1/2/3 survival horror atmosphere.
  2. The first level is in a train, i remember a snowy cutscene as an intro
  3. The protagonist is a soldier or special agent of some sorts with a green suit and a kevlar
  4. The game was 3D with fixed camera angles.
  5. The first enemies where some guys with gas masks.
  6. Also that Resident evil feel of "examine" something where everything froozes.
  7. It was Playstation one game.

Basically... it was really like resident evil but with people and guns...like, Dino crisis kind of game.

#687 Edited by X19 (2304 posts) -

@kevinjbv said:

Ok here is my first one:

1. The game has a resident evil 1/2/3 survival horror atmosphere.
  2. The first level is in a train, i remember a snowy cutscene as an intro
  3. The protagonist is a soldier or special agent of some sorts with a green suit and a kevlar
  4. The game was 3D with fixed camera angles.
  5. The first enemies where some guys with gas masks.
  6. Also that Resident evil feel of "examine" something where everything froozes.
  7. It was Playstation one game.

Basically... it was really like resident evil but with people and guns...like, Dino crisis kind of game.

Pretty damn sure it's

In Cold Blood

There's a snow train later in the game. I think you're remembering the demo as that was the snow level. Skip to 1:19:00

#688 Posted by haj325 (2 posts) -

I remember as a kid, i played it in wal-mart once for the ps1 or ps2 in 2000-2006 it was a game where you would start out with an angel i think it was and you could transform into these different card creatures you had, this has haunted me for many years and id like the sleuths of the internet to finally put it to rest.

#689 Posted by LeYcH (216 posts) -

Okay so.
I think it's a PS2 game, the game is basically you playing a bee and your objective is to kill people by sucking their blood. I think it's a Japanese game.

#690 Posted by 5Figh (172 posts) -

this one might be really hard but its killing me and i need to know.

this was a game that i think was being previewed and stuff at the start of this generation but i dont think it was ever actually released. it seemed to be a third person shooter where you played as a character that was kind of a cross between bloodrayne and ruby from Wet. if i remember correctly you were also fighting monsters, i think the level i saw you were fighting monsters in a subway tunnel or something similar.

#691 Posted by haj325 (2 posts) -

@leych: what was the name of the game?

#692 Posted by fang273 (192 posts) -

@leych said:

Okay so.

I think it's a PS2 game, the game is basically you playing a bee and your objective is to kill people by sucking their blood. I think it's a Japanese game.

Mister Mosquito

#693 Edited by sinisa_colakovac (2 posts) -
#694 Edited by LilTinkTink (1 posts) -

Hi so i've been looking for a game.

Its a PC game, 2D and im not sure if its a mmo or mmorpg. basically what it looks like is a mixture of gunbound and Kartrider. i remember in the game we would get a char and we would ride in these vehicles (sorta like the Mage vehicle in Gunbound) and we would be on different stages and we'd fight monsters with i think slashing type attacks and whatnot. and it has pvp too i think. and its not a racing game.

thats all the details i could muster up right now. its been a very long time since i played that game. so long that i think might of been a dream D:

#695 Edited by G24S (281 posts) -

I think this game was made by Swedes in the early 90's for Macintosh, based on the book The Wonderful Adventures of Nils by Selma Lagerlöf, a Swedish author - but all of this can just be some crazy mix-up because I remember a big goose. It was sort of an adventure game in black and white. One thing I can 100% recall is this boot house. That's pretty much it.

Thanks!

#697 Edited by aspaceinvader (256 posts) -

@shingatsu: you might be talking about this game, you can get them on GOG or steam

#699 Edited by cifica (1 posts) -

Hi,

Macintosh ~1995, I remember playing After Dark games and Marathon 1.

Top-down single player shooter like Alien Breed, but with a spaceship like in Subspace Continuum.

Alien Breed:

Subspace Continuum:

Objective was to use switches to open/close doors to make your way to the portal to the next level. Moving to the edge of the screen produces a new static screen where you appear at the opposite (moved right, appear at left)

Few enemies/ammo/bombs (secondary)/guns (primary) scattered throughout the level.

Thanks!

#700 Posted by TrebleClef (1 posts) -

I cant remember very much about this one game, but I do know it was in birds eye view, and I believe it was the first level taht you had to destroy/stop a train, and in other levels you had to destroy stuff, there were cars, and mechs I believe, and it was for the PSX

I vagueley remember it and not knowing is bothering me