The "Can't remember the name of this game" Thread v3.0

ATrevelan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#751  Edited By ATrevelan

Hey, I'm looking for a PC game I watched my brother play in the early-to-mid 00's. As far as I can remember it was a FPS similar to Quake or Half Life. The part I remember the most is being in an outdoor area (though most of the game was in some sort of facility) with these little three-legged creatures hopping around. They weren't enemies, I remember them being kind of cute, but you could still gore them up pretty bad if you wanted to. They were kinda like rabbits or mini kangaroos. The area was fairly green and lush, I think surrounded by mountains, with some sort of shack/shed being the only structure. I also remember parts where you could go underwater and find items and stuff, and I think you could die by running out of breath. Oh, and this might be from a completely different game but I think the inside of the facility was some kind of abandoned laboratory or scientific research centre; I remember a part with dead scientists lying around everywhere and an alarm going off with a lady's voice counting down, and at the end of the countdown a door opens and the whole place gets swarmed with monsters. The inside was quite dim, there were a lot of alarms and red flashing lights. The monsters as I remember were fairly humanoid-looking, but I didn't watch him play the whole game. Any ideas?

That sounds an awful lot like the original Unreal.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

there was a centaur in it. it was very foggy. there was a swamp. it was a fantasy game, dont remember if it was 3rd person or 1st, i think 3rd.

it was for sega saturn or n64.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@sleight5 said:

I'm hoping someone knows this game...

It was either late 90s early 2000, it was on the pc and it was very much like pokemon where you caught monsters and fought with them vs other people/monsters.

I think you started off inside a crystal forest of some sort.

If anyone thinks they know the game or can give me a hint it would be very appreciated

Thank You

Jade Cocoon?

Larka_flyga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's this game that I played about 10 years ago (I'm 16) and I can't remember the title. Please help me!

It's kind of 3D animation with really bad graphics and pixels and stuff like that. Just old. A game on the PC for children.
You're a (badly animated) bear. It starts with you being in an attic finding a treasure map and suddenly you're on a ship and there's a cutscene where it storms heavily with sad music in the background. After the storm you have to find the island using the arrows on your keyboard to navigate and look around. On the island you have to do several games. When you failed one game you had to start all over again. There was a bad guy with a terrible witch voice and his minions were like black bears or something.
At some point you entered a cave and I'm not sure but it could be that you got locked up.

I remember being kind of scared by the game.

Avatar image for edward_holloway
edward_holloway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok guys I'm new so work with me (:

Ok the platform is Nintendo DS lite, in the game you got super powers and you could enter an electronic plain and fight monsters, the last thing I remember about the game was I was about to fight a boss and we were in a dark room with all the planets and it came out I think when I was like 10-15 I'm 17 now.

I Really wanna find this game ): my lil bro flushed it when I had it..including my DS...so yeah ): also it had something to do with dragons?

deadeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been trying to think of a game that was for the SNES. I don't really remember too much about it.

It was a platformer(as were most) and you controlled a shape shifting character, I can't remember if there was a default character or if you were always a shape.

The only two states I can remember taking on were an umbrella and a pogo stick.

I know its not exactly loads of information to go on, but I can't find anything maybe someone on here can. Would be good to find out its name and see if it was actually good or not

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#759  Edited By jayjonesjunior
Avatar image for whiteforestparkrangr
WhiteForestParkRangr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadeyes:

Are you from Europe? If so, my guess would probably be Jelly Boy.

Loading Video...

deadeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadeyes:

Are you from Europe? If so, my guess would probably be Jelly Boy.

Loading Video...

Thats the game! Can't believe I never thought he'd be made of jelly. I recall thinking it was pretty awesome when it was out. I was rather young at the time though

Thanks duder!

manojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HI,

This game I played in 1989. You drive an army vehicle (geep?) in this side scroller. You can shoot bullets on the oncoming enemies (soldiers, geeps, tanks, watch towers). Another thing I remember is you could do big jumps with the jeep. I mean, really really long and high jumps depending on your speed. And in the end the game ends with the driver escaping in an airplane.

Please could someoone help me get the name for this game.

Thanks,

floydrocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was a game I played probably in the Mid or late 90s. It was in 3d and you were piloting some kind of train in outer space. I think it may have been on the moon. I remember it being on PC. When I went looking my mind told me Lode Runner but that's not it. I remember the gameplay consisting of telling the train when to switch tracks to avoid crashing into walls or other oncoming trains.

whizsper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi there,

I used to play this game on arcade machines about 15 years ago when i was a kid and can't remember it's name.

It is a fighting game similar to "Street Fighter" and "Fatal Fury" and everything I remember is that i used to play with a character that resembles to a punker: tomahawk haircut, a pair of shades and the guy was throwing as a special move some kind of boomerangs.

Hope you'll help me out.

Thanks.

Avatar image for nostalgic_gamer
nostalgic_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#765  Edited By nostalgic_gamer

I used to play this game on arcade machine back in year 1988 - 92 when I was a child. I want to search and download this game for nostalgic reason. But I can't remember the name.

It's a vertical top-down shooting, so in the game you control a flying robot and shoot enemy ship down. The robot can be transformed to 3 smaller ship, which then when the time expired would combined back to form the robot.
The first power-up you'll get in robot form is the robot gun. So when you pick this power-up then the robot will be holding a gun.
The next power-up is a big ship, when you pick this the robot will enter the big ship to controls it. The big ship comes with 3 different model and each has plenty gun power.
If you got shot when in the robot form (or robot with gun form) you'll be reduce to one small ship. (you lost 2 other small ship)
You will need 2 more small ship power-up to reform the robot back. That for description.

Anybody know the name, or where I can download this game?
Thanks.

whizsper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#766  Edited By whizsper

@manojo: is it by any chance "Jackal" ?

HI,

This game I played in 1989. You drive an army vehicle (geep?) in this side scroller. You can shoot bullets on the oncoming enemies (soldiers, geeps, tanks, watch towers). Another thing I remember is you could do big jumps with the jeep. I mean, really really long and high jumps depending on your speed. And in the end the game ends with the driver escaping in an airplane.

Please could someoone help me get the name for this game.

Thanks,

manojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#767  Edited By manojo

@whizsper: thanks for the reply.., it is not jackal though but very similar. It is side scrollling only. And the vehicle could jump really long distance (you could avoid heavily firing watch tower just by jumping past them if you speeded up in advance). there were noo boss fghts and in the end the driver would come out and escape in a plane.

--------------------------------------------

@whizsper: Found it guys, took another 5 years but finally found it :-)

It i called breakthru and can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CX4-iGuC4E

YouTube video on Breakthru

sleight5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sleight5 said:

I'm hoping someone knows this game...

It was either late 90s early 2000, it was on the pc and it was very much like pokemon where you caught monsters and fought with them vs other people/monsters.

I think you started off inside a crystal forest of some sort.

If anyone thinks they know the game or can give me a hint it would be very appreciated

Thank You

Jade Cocoon?

@samstrife: Thanks for the help but this isn't the game I believe it was only on the PC and is more 2D than it was 3D

RockDaSymphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#769  Edited By RockDaSymphony

So there's a fairly recent 2dish pc game that came out in the past couple of years, its an indie game, adventure puzzle or maybe just adventure but you start out and your goal is to explore(left right) so you start walking right and eventually come to a shack with an old man, you need his help to find the entrance to a temple or something and you follow him along a mountain path you eventually get to a cliff where across the way is a face carved into the mountain, you search around the area and find a button that opens the faces mouth and extends a stone tongue to walk across into the mouth which leads into a temple of sorts. You explore for a little bit and you find an object, i think its a book or something like that and when you grab it the statue above it comes to life, its scary like death or something so you have to run back out to where the old man was back through the temple out of the mouth across the stone tongue and chasm. The main thing i remember about the game is the soundtrack was pretty nice. it is 2d but has very nice background images and theres nice lighting effects when you walk with the old man through the forest to get to the mountain.

Would be very grateful if anyone had an idea of what the game might be called, i honestly just want the soundtrack bcuz it has beautiful songs in it!

Thank you very much for your efforts and suggestions, hope this is enough detail!

Also, it might be in an indie bundle or on steam, im not sure but i hope it helps slim your search down.

Hey everyone no need to search for the game i was looking for, its Sword & Sworcery, the soundtracks are amazing for this game but thanks anyways!

ilhamilkom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#771  Edited By ilhamilkom
liam_bowen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#772  Edited By liam_bowen

This was a pc game from the early-mid 2000's, I think I got the demo version from a sampler disc in a pc game magazine

it was a 2d topdown space mining game where you had a central ship and could send out smaller ships from your main ship to mine various resources from asteroids and use them to upgrade your tech. As far as I remember I didnt seem to have much of a plot and just consisted of floating throigh space and getting your ship as huge as possible

any ideas what this could be?

thanks everyone

goodfriendali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#773  Edited By goodfriendali

This might be a waste because the details I have are so vague, but I've been trying to remember this for months and I can't...

I keep wanting to say it's a Dreamcast game but it was probably PS1 or 2. Had a similar art style to Skies of Arcadia. The two main characters were your typical japanese RPG girl and boy, but one of the side characters was a blonde lady with curly blonde hair and a machine gun (she was super legit). It had some RPG elements but was mostly a dungeon crawler, though I think the battles were turn-based.

The only other details I can remember is that in one of the town shops, there's a jukebox where you can play the game's OST. Which I'm sure narrows it down, right??

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This might be a waste because the details I have are so vague, but I've been trying to remember this for months and I can't...

I keep wanting to say it's a Dreamcast game but it was probably PS1 or 2. Had a similar art style to Skies of Arcadia. The two main characters were your typical japanese RPG girl and boy, but one of the side characters was a blonde lady with curly blonde hair and a machine gun (she was super legit). It had some RPG elements but was mostly a dungeon crawler, though I think the battles were turn-based.

The only other details I can remember is that in one of the town shops, there's a jukebox where you can play the game's OST. Which I'm sure narrows it down, right??

It's not one of the Grandia games, is it? Like Grandia II?

KG1639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#775  Edited By KG1639

This is a longshot, but I remember playing it around '95 on a Hi-Val Shareware games CD. It was a PC racing game with some shooting, with 1 of the levels being just a straight shot (like 5-10 seconds) where you could destroy the other guy. I've looked through a lot of PC games lists and havent recognized it.

I wish I could remember the CD it was on it, but I had 2. One was black and the other purple. They said Hi-Val on it, other games on the CD were: Descent, Monster Bash, Wolfenstein, D-Generation, Aquanoid, Jill of the Jungle, BattleZone, Crystal Caves, Raptor:CotS, Halloween Harry, Incredible Machine, Tempest.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#776  Edited By veektarius
neildo420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#777  Edited By neildo420

I'm trying to remember a game i played in the mid 90's, maybe earlier, maybe later, i'm not sure

It was a space game. You picked a ship to start, then you could fly around, upgrade your weapons, buy new ships, shoot lasers and missiles at enemy ships. I can't remember much else. i think you could hail enemy ships, board them once disabled and take cargo. Any help would be appreciated

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#778 chaser324  Moderator
neildo420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaser324: it was a top-down view, 3dish but closer to 2d

Avatar image for usernameandemail
Usernameandemail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

neildo420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@talibanchic: thats the one! thanks! been searching for 3 days for it already

Avatar image for usernameandemail
Usernameandemail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EmiLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys, glad I found this site as it can hopefully help me reveal this mistery :D
What im looking for is a game that I played 12-13 years ago.. im 19 now.

The console was PS1 and I really cant tell the genre.. kinda like action/rpg or something.. D:

Now this will probably help the most:

You start off as a guy in some little village close to the forest. First you talk to some people in the village and later you go in to the forest and fight some monsters there. The fight was kinda like Final Fantasy style cause you attack in "turns" like your enemy ( the monster ).
I also remember that you could transform into a little blue dragon during the fight with the monsters.. what im trying to say that you can transform into monsters aswell ( depends which one you have available on the list ) and I guess that "little blue dragon" is always available for you to transform into cause you have it from the beggining.

Also, while moving/exploring the area you re in.. the camera is set on one point of the area and from there you can see your character and explore things.. kinda like resident evil 2 style :D

Hopefully you can figure this out based on my description and reply soon ^^

HonestGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really need help with this one.

It was a game i had on my old xbox. I'm pretty sure it was around 2005. It was a sci fi, third person shooter (i think it was third person atleast) set in a post apocalyptic world. You had a motorcycle that i think could turn into some kind of armour. I were really young when i played it (around 7-10 i think) and was not meant for kids. More for teens or possibly 18+.

HonestGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lomyster4579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey,

I can't remember the year it came out but it was a top down view and you were a green solider and you were alone and you had to fight your way through enemy territory I don't think it was a part of the army men series

i think it came out on the game-boy colour i remember one of the levels you wee in a disguise inside a building can't remember what you had to do. There was also another level where you had to drive a tank to the next area whilst fighting off other tanks and avoiding mines. apart from that i can't remember anything else.

ChrisOSemrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe it was a PC game, with graphics somewhat like the original Unreal, Quake or Half-Life, so I would say it came out sometime in the 90'. It had a first person view and while I'm not sure about the category, it could belong somewhere in FPS, action, survival horror.. I really don't know.

The part I remember is about your character (or, since the camera is set in the character's eyes, YOU) being tied to some kind of probably moving platform, while various alien instruments cut into you body. It's dark wherever it is you are and the whole thing is very disturbing.

If anyone has any idea what it could be or where I could find it, I would really, really thankful.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

@chrisosemrik: Sounds a lot like Quake 4. There's a part mid-game where the player character is being transformed into one of the aliens in that manner.

GunXT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#789  Edited By GunXT

ehm,i dont know this is will be hard or not

ok,let's start this

-the game started with a motorcycle,and after collecting 4(or 5) parts,it changed to a car,and after that after collecting some parts,it has the ability to fly(like a plane)and the gameplay changed like 1942,also the prespective is from above(like bump n jump or road fighter)

-i dont know for the console,because it was come with a dvd player with games,but judging for the game comes from the dvd(it didn't have a catrige)(games like bump n jump,formation z and b-wings also some super mario bros but with some hack like the character was a car etc)i guess it was a NES game

-i played that in around 2000

ChrisOSemrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@audiobusting: Yes, it was a lot like Quake 4, but a bit simpler, in darker surroundings and with a different graphics (I played it sometime around 2002). But thanks anyway, I'm glad I got a response :). It was probably some weird unknown game, I don't even remember the rest so it could be a really bad one on top of that, so I won't be surprised if no one knows.

MrAbomination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone remember the name of a game where you played a lion in a third person mode? You hunted other creatures on the savannah, it was on PC in the late 90's I think.

Tryzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A fighting game, I'm quite certain on PS1, probably released no later than 2000. The only distinctive memory I have is a dragon or wyvern-type character, who could flap about and spam people with fire or some other ranged attack. I'm pretty sure the character models were 3D, not like the older type of fighters. I'm afraid that's all I really have to narrow it down. But if some fighting game historian has any clue what this mysterious thing from my childhood might be, I'd be in your debt :D

Immortal_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emilee:

That game sounds a lot like Jade Cocoon. It fits pretty much everything you said - though you technically summon the monsters, rather than turn into them. The first monster you get is a little blue dragon, though. Let me know if I guessed right!

EHCB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#794  Edited By EHCB

I had a demo I played on Windows 95/98; it was a 2.5D (or possibly 3D) platformer that had you playing as a tin toy with a blue head. He had to jump on the matchboxes as they slid open and closed and when he died he broke apart against a black background.

I'm *pretty* sure the name of the level in the demo was something like "Nightmare In The Toy Factory" but it's definitely NOT the game with that title.

It had a really atmosphere, I wish I could remember more.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@tryzon said:

A fighting game, I'm quite certain on PS1, probably released no later than 2000. The only distinctive memory I have is a dragon or wyvern-type character, who could flap about and spam people with fire or some other ranged attack. I'm pretty sure the character models were 3D, not like the older type of fighters. I'm afraid that's all I really have to narrow it down. But if some fighting game historian has any clue what this mysterious thing from my childhood might be, I'd be in your debt :D

Tekken 3 had True Ogre, who had an ability quite like that.

CallMeTetris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#796  Edited By CallMeTetris
RodrigoChaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#797  Edited By RodrigoChaves

Hey guys, I cant remember the name of an old game so I will try to describe it, any help will be appreciated:

It was a demo and it was a PC game from 1990 to 2000, cant remember because I was a kid and I am 26 now :|.

It was a top down 2D view and the main char was a guy with 2 pistols initially, then once you kill an enemy you could take its body

and "become" them. If the enemy was a "ant with machineguns", then you "transform" in an ant with machineguns once you pass

near its body. I remember there was other enemies like a minitank robot who shoots rockets, once you kill it you could pass near

its body and then you would transform "in him". That's very nice concept and I want to play it again, but this time not only the demo.

Thx for any help.

peacebrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#798  Edited By peacebrother

The game I'm trying to remember was on the Game Boy. Could be anywhere between 1992-1997, but I'm pretty sure it was earlier rather than later. It was a sidescrolling shooter of sorts, but I remember there being a japanese/feudal/ninja theme. There were shops you could enter and buy stuff, although I don't remember what kind of stuff. I remember there was a shop owner, but not really what he looked like. There were obstacles in the way, it wasn't just shooting at enemies.

That's probably not enough information, but what I remember about it is hard to put into words. I was pretty young when I played it.

Ualati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right, the game that I'm trying to remember the name of was for the PS1. I couldn't guess the released date, but I played it like 10-12 years ago if that helps.

I only really remember one scene from it, you're in a ballroom (how or why I don't know. I'm hoping you can tell me ;) ) when all of a sudden a quick time event kicks in and you have to actually "dance" which is weird because as far as I can remember there hadn't previously been any QTE's, but it went with the storyline or something. The art style was sort of steam punky and I kind of remember a bit where you had to use a re-breather to sneak into a base. That's all, sorry for the sparse details aha

Tryzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderslash: Thanks very much. My problem is the memory is so distant and vague I could be staring at the same character and not be sure. But you've provided easily the most likely candidate yet, so much obliged :D