#951 Posted by KAssis07 (2 posts) -

That's it! Thanks a lot!

@hamst3r said:

@kassis07 said:

Hey guys! Please help me out. I'm trying to remember the name of an old DOS game. I only played it as a demo, so my description may be of a advanced part of the game. It's a FPS, 3D, although you don't have any guns. It's rather medieval and magic. You're a guy in a stone maze, you have long, brown hair and a leather jacket. You can morph into a stone golem with super strenght, a lizard-like creature with electric powers and a dragon, I believe, which can fly and breath fire, although you can't really fly freely, just elevate yourself a few meters from the ground. Morphing triggers a cool animation of your guy becoming the chosen creature, but it consumes mana very quickly. You can actually drink mana or life potions. The controls are based on icons at the edges of the screen, mainly right hand/left hand and right foot/left foot, all of these would perform a kick or a punch if your in human/golem mode or a claw attack if you're in lizard or dragon mode. I'm pretty sure that you would dive into a pool at the end of the demo, so I'm guessing you could swim, too. Nice background music and overall sounds, very nice graphics considering its age. Man, I really wish I could remember this one!

That's ShadowCaster:

#952 Edited by 1champion11 (4 posts) -

Here are some clues for a game that I wanted to look at so I could possibly buy it, but I never got a chance at having a good look at it and have forgot about it until now.

• I think it was released on the xbox 360 and/or ps3 but it might be a pc only game
  • It was released around 2009 give or take 2 years
  • I believe it's an rpg
  • I'm 100% certain it had a feature where you could send a pet/ally of some description to another players world to train him/her up to unlock ablities, powers etc.
  • I'm pretty sure it's in 3rd person
  • Not sure what weapons are involved but it most probaly involved swords, daggers, possibly spells etc.

I hope all this info helps!

#953 Edited by Ramone (2967 posts) -

Here are some clues for a game that I wanted to look at so I could possibly buy it, but I never got a chance at having a good look at it and have forgot about it until now.

• I think it was released on the xbox 360 and/or ps3 but it might be a pc only game
  • I believe it's an rpg
  • I'm 100% certain it had a feature where you could send a pet/ally of some description to another players world to train him/her up to unlock ablities, powers etc.
  • Not sure what weapons are involved but it most probaly involved swords, daggers, possibly spells etc.

That sort of sounds like Dragon's Dogma which was released last year.

#954 Posted by PhantomGardener (464 posts) -
#955 Posted by 1champion11 (4 posts) -

@ramone said:

@1champion11 said:

• I believe it's an rpg

That sort of sounds like Dragon's Dogma which was released last year.

Yep that's it thanks! Not going to get the game though unfortunately, too many flaws.

#956 Posted by GravityOn (1 posts) -

Hello, guys. I have this clues for the game I'm missing.

I think I played it around three or four years ago, on my PC. I don't know if it was released earlier. It is a platformer, 8-bit style, 2d. It actually looked a bit like cave story. The main character was a blond little girl who was a robot, and her creator/father had confined her on a stasis like chamber so the war could not damage her, and she couldn't run because of that. and she had a swimsuit or something like that. The game was a bit risque [as risque as 8 bit allowed] because when you got hit, a piece of your suit flew off. It was a fairly difficult game. You had to recover parts of her body [like leg parts, so she could run instead of just walk] and she is rescued in the end by a soldier in a helicopter.

Thanks a bunch in advance.

#957 Edited by gamer84 (1 posts) -

Hey guys, hoping somebody can help me out. I'm a pretty old guy (30) so I'm thinking I played this game around '89, no later than 93'. It's an old computer game (dos) and one of the characters you could choose was a dinosaur. the object of the game I am not too sure of but I do remember that it involved reaching an egg that was in the center of the screen. i'm not too sure about this next part but (maybe) another character was some kind of aqua lizardman. and maybe a rhino. any help would be appreciated.

#958 Posted by MrVolMaster (3 posts) -

I hope someone could help me. This game I played it around 2004-2006, i was very young back then so I can't remember. It was on a pc and it is like a platform game. It's a single player game, you get to choose one of the 2 characters at the start of the game, one is a magician and the other is like a sniper? I'm not sure. It involved collecting gems, and elemental orbs, fire, wind, earth and other elements I can't remember, that gives you additional skills. You get to kill enemies, I think one of them was like a skeleton. There are also lava which you should avoid and also water which you can swim in. It is cartoonish in graphics and very colorful. There was also a spell book which you can look at to see the skills you unlocked.

#959 Posted by Hamst3r (4484 posts) -

I hope someone could help me. This game I played it around 2004-2006, i was very young back then so I can't remember. It was on a pc and it is like a platform game. It's a single player game, you get to choose one of the 2 characters at the start of the game, one is a magician and the other is like a sniper? I'm not sure. It involved collecting gems, and elemental orbs, fire, wind, earth and other elements I can't remember, that gives you additional skills. You get to kill enemies, I think one of them was like a skeleton. There are also lava which you should avoid and also water which you can swim in. It is cartoonish in graphics and very colorful. There was also a spell book which you can look at to see the skills you unlocked.

80% of your description sounds like Trine to me. Then again, that's kind of a more general problem with medieval fantasy settings. Anyway, worth a shot:

If it's not that, if you could elaborate a bit more. Was the game 2D? 3D? Sidescrolling? :)

#960 Posted by Hamst3r (4484 posts) -

I think I played it around three or four years ago, on my PC. I don't know if it was released earlier. It is a platformer, 8-bit style, 2d. It actually looked a bit like cave story. The main character was a blond little girl who was a robot, and her creator/father had confined her on a stasis like chamber so the war could not damage her, and she couldn't run because of that. and she had a swimsuit or something like that. The game was a bit risque [as risque as 8 bit allowed] because when you got hit, a piece of your suit flew off. It was a fairly difficult game. You had to recover parts of her body [like leg parts, so she could run instead of just walk] and she is rescued in the end by a soldier in a helicopter.

The game you're thinking of is called Holdover:

#961 Edited by MrVolMaster (3 posts) -

@hamst3r: thanks for your effort but unfortunately it' s not. It's definitely a 2D game that I'm sure. It's also like a puzzle because you have to locate yourself to the exit to proceed to the next level. I remember there is one power up that can pause time? All I can remember is that in the very first level of the game you start at a high place then you go down, collecting some gems, then there is a little passage that leads you to an area where the first fire orb is located and some gems again. Gems are quite plenty here, almost in every area. I apologize for being vague, I'l try to remember more details.

#962 Posted by Funzzo (835 posts) -

I played this game only on Sega Channel. It was a top down isometric racing game. It was a sega CD game, sega channel sometimes put CD games on. Any ideas?

#963 Posted by Soberdude (14 posts) -

@soberdude said:

Hey guys, there's I've played this PC game from early to mid 2000 that I couldn't remember the name. So the lemme describe:

-The game is some kind of political simulation, you control a dude that talks to other dude.

-Game starts with some questionnaire.

-Sets in a fictitious post-soviet collapse fake-slavic state.

-Story start with something about your parents got kill? Killer is a dictator/president of aforementioned state.

-You try get support and members for your political party.

Those are the only thing I could remember, any help would be awesome.

I think this could be Republic: The Revolution. Not 100% sure though.

Yep this was the one, thank you so much!

Wish I could really get back into this game, really sad knowing this was on GoG but was taken down.

#964 Edited by Hamst3r (4484 posts) -

@funzzo said:

I played this game only on Sega Channel. It was a top down isometric racing game. It was a sega CD game, sega channel sometimes put CD games on. Any ideas?

Was it World Rally? My understanding is that it was featured on the Sega Channel but never actually made it to disc.

#965 Posted by Funzzo (835 posts) -

@hamst3r: I'm sure that's not it. Same style of racer though. I remember parking in some cones. I think they were driver challenges. Could never beat the last one.

#966 Edited by chriskanemeier (1 posts) -

Hello everyone, first post here so if this one has already been brought up I apologize..I skimmed the first few pages but there are quite a lot.

Anyway, I'm looking for a NES game which was a fighter/action title. All I really can remember is there were these 1980's punk rock looking enemies and you had to fight through a city. People would toss bombs out of windows at you. Eventually there was a sewer level with these big dudes you had to fight.

I remember there were a lot of power ups but specifically a golden boot that made you jump higher.

While I mainly remember it as a fighter game I'm sure you eventually got a gun at some point.

Sorry, its a horribly vague description I know, but I'm hoping one of you guys will know what I'm talking about!

Thanks everyone

Edit: It was Trojan. Thanks for your help guys bit I've figured it out

#967 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@hamst3r said:

@gravityon said:

The game you're thinking of is called Holdover:

Loli swimsuit Megaman? I uhh have to go find a game. For a friend.

#968 Edited by ManiacMaysin (371 posts) -

PC game from the mid 90s. On the box there was a picture of a vortex or something with a guy falling into it. I think there might have been a sequel.

#969 Posted by Hamst3r (4484 posts) -

PC game from the mid 90s. On the box there was a picture of a vortex or something with a guy falling into it. I think there might have been a sequel.

Is it Normality?

#970 Posted by Steadying (1250 posts) -

I remember seeing a trailer for some kind of fighting game I think that had the main character of Dragon Quest VIII and I think other Dragon Quest characters in it? I have no idea what it was or if it was even a game, but it's really bugging me!

#971 Posted by P3P4O (2 posts) -

I remember a game where you played as an animal character of some sort with a sword(its a 2d platformer i think tho)

and you have to beat some pirates and other i cant remember and i remember that you collected some crystals.

I played it on my pc on the year 2005-2007 but it could have been an older game?

#972 Edited by Hamst3r (4484 posts) -

@p3p4o said:

I remember a game where you played as an animal character of some sort with a sword(its a 2d platformer i think tho)

and you have to beat some pirates and other i cant remember and i remember that you collected some crystals.

I played it on my pc on the year 2005-2007 but it could have been an older game?

Is it Claw?

#973 Posted by Gumjaw (2 posts) -

hi!

I've been looking for this game forever. It's either nes, snes or genesis. It's a 2d sidescroller in a fantasy setting. From what I remember, you have a choice of character and it affects the levels you get. You can choose either a male warrior type guy, a human-sized, non-anthropomorphic dragon, or a third character, possibly female scout-ish or a wizard? (i dunno - there's definately a third character though)

Here's what I remember about the gameplay.

The male character - I remember a screen-tall giant boss of some kind that would just walk at you. There was no obvious way to get around him, if you didnt kill him by the time he reached your end of the screen he would just stand on you until you died. That's all I remember about that character. This boss must have been super early in the game and I was just too dumb of a kid to figure him out.

The dragon - you could fly (or hover?) and you shot fireballs that you could charge up. There was some kind of power-up that would change your colour and in turn it would make your freballs better. I vaguely remember the dragon being similar in appearance to the green frog-thing in in "Nemo in Dreamland"

The female or wizard - no memories of this character's gameplay.

I know it was NOT semi-3d type game. It was pure sidescroller like mario. I believe there was a status bar of some kind across the bottom but I may be incorrect on that one. The visual/art style looked midway between cartoony and contra. It wasn't super cartoony like ghouls and goblins or mario. It wasn't "realistic" like MK or spiderman or those types of games.

I don't remember getting very far into the game, hence why I want to find it again. I know this is all very vague but hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about.

Thanks in advance!

#974 Edited by fatalbanana (188 posts) -

@gumjaw: I'm thinking either

Or this (snes)
This
Or Castle of Dragon for the NES (that dragon has a chicken head)

#975 Posted by Hamst3r (4484 posts) -

@hamst3r: thanks for your effort but unfortunately it' s not. It's definitely a 2D game that I'm sure. It's also like a puzzle because you have to locate yourself to the exit to proceed to the next level. I remember there is one power up that can pause time? All I can remember is that in the very first level of the game you start at a high place then you go down, collecting some gems, then there is a little passage that leads you to an area where the first fire orb is located and some gems again. Gems are quite plenty here, almost in every area. I apologize for being vague, I'l try to remember more details.

Looking around a bit more, how about Brave Dwarves? :)

#976 Edited by Gumjaw (2 posts) -

Castle of Dragon seemed the most familiar but was definately not it. The other two were not it either. Good tries though!

If it helps, i went through a number of "all genesis games" videos on youtube where they show you clips of the games and i didnt see anything. The genesis and nes videos claimed to have ALL games. I could not find a similar one for snes so this game is possibly snes.

#977 Posted by Hamst3r (4484 posts) -

@funzzo said:

@hamst3r: I'm sure that's not it. Same style of racer though. I remember parking in some cones. I think they were driver challenges. Could never beat the last one.

As far as isometric racing games go, there just aren't that many of them, so if it's in the same general style as my previous guess, I should probably throw this one out there as a possibility too:

Driver challenge!
Isometric!
Orange cone!

It's called PC Rally and it has a training mode with obstacle course challenges.

#978 Edited by P3P4O (2 posts) -

@hamst3r: Yes oh thank god i`ve been searching for this game for ages thanks :D

#979 Edited by Sajuuk (7 posts) -

Hello everyone !!! Sorry for my not the best english from the beggining !

I'm looking for this game for ages ,sometimes i even dream about it don't know really why,but it seems this game is pretty much obscure and i can't find it enywhere ........ So .......... It is PC game from 1998-1999 Pretty much sure about that ,i remember playing it as a female character,using some weird sci-fi weapons and i was feeling weird playing it , but still liked it,it's hard to describe it but it had some unique climatic feel to it..... ,I might be mistaken but this character had big boobs,but not huge -.-.That's pretty much everything what I remember from this game as a kid,I just wanna play it one more time to see what was that,I hope someday will get the Answer :((Ow and it was not TPP OR FPS game , it was a platformer , but can't reall yremember if it was full 3d or pseudo !! Sry

#980 Posted by Hamst3r (4484 posts) -

@sajuuk said:

Hello everyone !!! Sorry for my not the best english from the beggining !

I'm looking for this game for ages ,sometimes i even dream about it don't know really why,but it seems this game is pretty much obscure and i can't find it enywhere ........ So .......... It is PC game from 1998-1999 Pretty much sure about that ,i remember playing it as a female character,using some weird sci-fi weapons and i was feeling weird playing it , but still liked it,it's hard to describe it but it had some unique climatic feel to it..... ,I might be mistaken but this character had big boobs,but not huge -.-.That's pretty much everything what I remember from this game as a kid,I just wanna play it one more time to see what was that,I hope someday will get the Answer :((Ow and it was not TPP OR FPS game , it was a platformer , but can't reall yremember if it was full 3d or pseudo !! Sry

Is it Dark Angael?

Dark Angael is a 2D run-and-gun platform game with a mystical fantasy theme. In this game you play as Carina, the Dark Angael. Thanks to Azrael the world has been plunged in total chaos and the end is near. It is up to you to defeat Azrael and his army of demons. Carina has to fend off the demon's with the various weapons she finds or she can rely on her superpowers. Carina can come into the possession of five super powers that increase her combat abilities. These super powers are the Mutator which allows you to transform medkits into ammo and vice versa, Psychic Attack for maximum damage, Reflection to reflect enemy lasers, Teleport Coin to teleport directly to where you throw it, and Energy Wave that damages all enemies near you.

#981 Edited by Hamst3r (4484 posts) -

@dezolance said:

...2D platformer, much like "Tumblepop"...The graphics were all sprites...no face at all,much like half of a pill capsule with arms and legs...lets not forget his green color...you attacked the enemies in each level was by throwing projectiles,more like balls...the background was always just plain furniture,hall furniture,kitchen furniture,bedroom furniture...

Yo! I think the game you're looking for is called Saboten Bombers.

#982 Posted by Deusoma (3009 posts) -

@hamst3r: You're like some kind of obscure gaming guru, aren't you? I tip my hat to your mad skills.

ALSO: that last one looks ridiculous. I approve.

#983 Posted by Hamst3r (4484 posts) -

@dr3am3rr said:

...early 90s...beat'em'up type game with Ninja characters...a stick for a weapon...one sliver and one blue.

That would be Shadow Force.

#984 Posted by Hamst3r (4484 posts) -

@whizsper said:

It is a fighting game similar to "Street Fighter" and "Fatal Fury" and everything I remember is that i used to play with a character that resembles to a punker: tomahawk haircut, a pair of shades and the guy was throwing as a special move some kind of boomerangs.

2 months late, but I'm pretty sure that's Karnov's Revenge AKA Fighter's History Dynamite.

The character you're talking about is Matlock Jade:

#985 Edited by Sajuuk (7 posts) -

@hamst3r: Nope it's not that game :( My game Was Sci-Fi , The other details i remember:

It has a lot of different future weapons

I was colecting ,,things"

I was using Napalm

And I'm not COMPLETELY sure if it was Female Character , I see it Through fog

But Thanks for reply

#986 Posted by Hamst3r (4484 posts) -

@gamer84 said:

Hey guys, hoping somebody can help me out. I'm a pretty old guy (30) so I'm thinking I played this game around '89, no later than 93'. It's an old computer game (dos) and one of the characters you could choose was a dinosaur. the object of the game I am not too sure of but I do remember that it involved reaching an egg that was in the center of the screen. i'm not too sure about this next part but (maybe) another character was some kind of aqua lizardman. and maybe a rhino. any help would be appreciated.

Would it happen to be Bad Blood?

#987 Edited by dezerted (3 posts) -

Hello guys,

I cant remeber the name of this game, and its been bugging me alot since i really want to play it. Basically, all the info i know/remeber :

- Came out somewhere between 2002-2007

- On the PC

- Its an action game where you control a robot that has two forms : 1. Human/armored robot 2. Jet (basically). It is kinda futuristic (captain obvious over here) and im not 100% but you work for some kind of military or something. Not 100% sure but i think you upgrade the weapons, but its possible that you gain stronger weapons thought missions not by upgrading them. I can remember the one of the mission was taking out an giant ship(that flying, i guess its called a courier or something?).

- Also the graphics are pretty decent (thought i should say that)

If someone remembers or could help that would be awesome

Thanks in advance

PEACE

#988 Posted by Hamst3r (4484 posts) -

@dezerted: Is it 2D or 3D? Sidescrolling or third person? Any info like that would be really useful.

#989 Posted by dezerted (3 posts) -

Yeah sorry.
It's 3D, And its in third person.
I doubt it was possible to change the camera >.>

Sorry and Thanks once again

#990 Posted by Hamst3r (4484 posts) -
#991 Posted by dezerted (3 posts) -

@hamst3r said:
@dezerted said:

It's 3D, And its in third person.

Is it Gun Metal?

Thanks mate it is that game. I kept searching around top gun for some reason >.>.
THANKS ALOT :D

#992 Posted by pensaer (4 posts) -

hi everyone im bored of searching this game... its a 3d platformer, 3rd person, made between 1995 and 2005, mission is to collect crystal or gem of the same color as the exit door, enemy are lions, to escape you run away or jump to platforms, one of the lvls was a big maze in the sky

#993 Posted by Hamst3r (4484 posts) -

@pensaer: Is it Pepper Man's Reise?

In this game the player takes the role of Pepper Man, a meerkat, who has to cross the land of the lions to get reunited with his family. It is played like a conventional platformer: Jumping and running through the 36 3D levels, fighting against the lions and collecting all crystals to open the exit.

#994 Edited by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

There's a game I'm pretty hazy on and I only have interest in finding out what it was because it's been bugging me, I don't actually want to play it.

All I know is it's most likely a Super Nintendo or Sega Genesis game, and you are exploring caves and can get killed pretty easily and the very end of the game you rescue your father and the final shot is both your sillhouttes running to the sunset.

The reason I ask is because I remember the ending made me laugh because they were so thin they looked like cardboard cutouts

#995 Posted by pensaer (4 posts) -

@Hamst3r YEsssss yes... serious you have skill to find that game I've searched YEARS to find this game ....thanks thanks thanks XD

#996 Edited by pensaer (4 posts) -

sigh... now i have to find a copy of that game... prb second hand god knows where i can find that game

#997 Posted by Hamst3r (4484 posts) -
#998 Posted by pensaer (4 posts) -

serious i feel like i can kiss you...good guy

#999 Edited by Inkerman (1451 posts) -

I'm looking for an old point and click adventure game (I'm fairly certain it was point and click) on the PC, from probably around the early to mid-90s (possibly earlier). The game starts with an old man approaching you in an alley and pulling something from his robe (it was a more naive time...), it's like a jewel or something, and there's a flash, and you're transported to a fantasy world.

I never got very far, but the first area is in and around a giant palace or mansion and its gardens, particularly a large hedge maze. Most of the palace's occupants have either been frozen or vanished (I can't remember exactly, and IIRC the game itself was not clear on which was the case), and it's your job to free them.

#1000 Edited by isolomon6 (2 posts) -

Hello everyone,

Back in the mid 90s (possibly 1996), I was playing a first person sci-fi, click and point game with a buddy of mine, after school. The graphics were somewhat stylized/realistic, with choppy limited animation. It was puzzle based, a-la Myst. I believe the NPCs were stop motion type of graphics. In any case, at the end of the game, you're supposed to stop a scientist/politician. I believe you kill him in front of a live audience, during a speech. You're kind of behind him when you're doing this. That's all I really know about the game. It appears that it's more of a point and click game than it is a shooter, but you do get to shoot occasionally. I think you might have some type of laser gun. It would be really great to find out what this game is called. It's been frustrating me all evening and morning. Thanks in advance.