#1102 Edited by Hamst3r (4436 posts) -

@nightzel said:

@hamst3r: Nope, sadly that's not the one. The graphics are way too modern. Also, the game I remember has more black, and is more fantasy that this one.

Cool, good to know. So, let's try to pin it down a bit based on graphics. Since that Warhammer game is too modern looking, how about this one? Knowing if it looked similar or better than this would be helpful. :)

Wizard's Crown

#1103 Edited by tjs5220 (6 posts) -

I can't remember the title of a Sega Genesis Game:

It was a game with aliens and you could play with 1 player or two players. There were two dudes a black guy and a white guy (both jacked as shit) and you would go through each level and at the end of each level you would face a boss. I also believe that in the levels there were gun stores where you could upgrade your weapons. I also think you could press "Start" after you died and come back to life. Its been close to 20 years since I have played this game and I wanted to buy a Sega and this game for my cousin's bday that is coming up, so quick and accurate responses would be most appreciated. Thanks!.

#1104 Edited by wh1sp3r (1 posts) -

Hello,trying to remind a name of a game I played when i was young. I will try to describe as much as I remember.

It was a game for Windows, older game, game was 3D ( it was using DX7,8 i think ), It was first person game. You were able to shoot with a bow or use your sword. You were usually killing a lots of creatures, bats but also you had to solve lot of puzzles so it was a adventure game perhaps. Scene were usually dark, there were differenc sceries .. trees, terrain .. but also you were in catacombs. There were a visible fog after some distance.

That's all i remember, also ,, yes, i haven't finished that game and i would like to :) I have tried to search images on google, but nothing similar to my game i played. Thank you . i would be happy to play that game again :)

EDIT: adding new info

i think, it was full 3d game, no sprites. On the other forum, they mentioned games like

King's Field

Hexen 2

Descent to Undermountain

Lands of Lore: Guardians of Destiny

Arx Fatalis

i think, it was like King's Field 4. Arx fatalis also looks good, but the puzzle mechanic was much simplier in my game. So i bet my game was released around year 2000.

I started outside, it was dark night, i can remember few trees and brown wood houses with enemies like bat or warriors/skeleton, who knows. It was not fastpaced action. Sometimes i had to use a story walkthough becuase i was lost. I remember another level ... bright walls, it looked like maze. it was somekind of dungeon.

Also, on the other forum, they mentioned "Arthur's Quest: Battle for the Kingdom", but no, it's not that game.

#1105 Edited by Hamst3r (4436 posts) -

@tjs5220 said:

I can't remember the title of a Sega Genesis Game:

It was a game with aliens and you could play with 1 player or two players. There were two dudes a black guy and a white guy (both jacked as shit) and you would go through each level and at the end of each level you would face a boss. I also believe that in the levels there were gun stores where you could upgrade your weapons. I also think you could press "Start" after you died and come back to life. Its been close to 20 years since I have played this game and I wanted to buy a Sega and this game for my cousin's bday that is coming up, so quick and accurate responses would be most appreciated. Thanks!.

Forgotten Worlds:

#1106 Posted by mageemagoo (136 posts) -

This has been bugging me for over ten years now.

I played this game around the mid nineties, maybe between 94-97ish? It was on the PC. It was this side scrolling 2d ww1 fighter plane game. The graphics were cartoony and you flew your little plane back and forth bombing dudes in trenches and fighting other planes. I swear the words "flying circus" were involved in the title but every time I try to google it I just get Monty Python. Please help if you can!

#1107 Posted by Hamst3r (4436 posts) -

This has been bugging me for over ten years now.

I played this game around the mid nineties, maybe between 94-97ish? It was on the PC. It was this side scrolling 2d ww1 fighter plane game. The graphics were cartoony and you flew your little plane back and forth bombing dudes in trenches and fighting other planes. I swear the words "flying circus" were involved in the title but every time I try to google it I just get Monty Python. Please help if you can!

How about The Ancient Art of War in the Skies?

#1108 Posted by Cozmicaztaway (215 posts) -

There was this old RPG on the PC back in the days when games came in enormous boxes, and most likely on multiple floppies (early to mid 90's, most lilkely). I can't recall much about watching my friend's brother playing it, I think it was just a standard top-down RPG sort of deal,but what I do remember was the freaking awesome box art.

It was this serpent-like (Yuan-Ti?) wizard/warlock/sorcerer, standing in front of a cauldron or some sort of fountain, in robes, looking pretty sinister. As I recall it was also the title screen for the game. Also, I doubt I could read at this point, so most likely pre '95. I'd like it if someone had a clue what I'm talking about.

#1109 Edited by mageemagoo (136 posts) -

@hamst3r: Nope, it was much more cartoony than that

#1110 Edited by Ryuugami (3 posts) -

I'm trying to remember a game but can't figure out what name it was. The game is from 90's (late I think) and you control blue robor (I think it's a police robot) and you can plant mines, shoot missiles etc. It is for PS1, the graphics is simple top-look 2D, something like first GTA but more darker (or at least I think It's quite some time). I'm sure there is a multiplayer for two players where one controll blue robot and the other one red one. I'm replaying games from my childhood, but this is the only one I can't remember name so I hope someone can help me out.

I was looking at the Future Cop L.A.P.D and I'm not sure if it it is, from what I remember the graphics was more simple and darker (like a lot of black and red), so is there something similar, or did my memories just messed up with something else?

#1111 Posted by Hamst3r (4436 posts) -
#1112 Posted by Cozmicaztaway (215 posts) -

I am 24 and when I was 15 I played a game on the Playstation that I can not remember. It must have been a few years old because I played it around the time the PS2 was out. These are the only details I remember:

It was a nearly top down adventure fighting style game.

It was fantasy based almost rpg.

You had a selection of classes I think and you just ran around levels killing stuff and looting.

You had chests to open.

Thats about all I can remember.

Not a whole lot to go on, but maybe Blaze & Blade? Mobygames HERE

#1113 Posted by mageemagoo (136 posts) -

@hamst3r: Definitely the same style of game, but the graphics were more advanced, it had funny little german trench guys with pointy helmets.

#1114 Posted by 71Ranchero (2673 posts) -

I am trying to remember the name of an original gameboy game. It was a top down game, I am pretty sure you picked 4 or so different characters and arranged them in a a diamond shape. I think it was a left to right shooter? I cant for the life of me remember anything else about this game or if what I remember is even accurate. It was one of my 2 favorite gameboy games(the other was Battle Unit Zeoth) but it was so long ago. I dont think it was a common game and I got it around 1990.

#1115 Posted by Pr1mus (3779 posts) -

Looking for the name of an NES (probably) game.

The defining features i can remember from what is surely the first level because i doubt there was a save system in there are:

- It's a side scroller.

- You drive a car that can jump on platforms that sort of look like the original Donkey Kong platforms.

- There are other cars, police cars i think, that you can jump on to kill.

- The background is a city at night that looks a lot like the scrolling city skyline you see in the intro of SimCity on the snes.

So yeah that's what i can remember. I'm sure it's an NES game as i can't have been much more than 5 or 6 when i played this.

#1116 Posted by Bleako (13 posts) -
#1117 Edited by 71Ranchero (2673 posts) -
#1118 Edited by Pr1mus (3779 posts) -
#1119 Posted by afrofools (1313 posts) -

I can't remember the name of a PSX launch game that was on the demo disc for PAL playstations.

Game features:

• Rainbow / Bubble gun
  • Babies that follow you / attack you (probably follow)
  • Crossing from one edge of the screen to another like Pacman (wrapping)
  • Ghosts?

Another awesome game from the same demo disc is on PSN but I can't remember the name right now. It has pigs in it.

#1120 Edited by 71Ranchero (2673 posts) -

I can't remember the name of a PSX launch game that was on the demo disc for PAL playstations.

Game features:

• Rainbow / Bubble gun
  • Ghosts?

Another awesome game from the same demo disc is on PSN but I can't remember the name right now. It has pigs in it.

The pig demo was prolly Tomba. No clue about the other game.

#1121 Posted by Lone_f (281 posts) -
#1122 Posted by Hamst3r (4436 posts) -

@bobbyhall: So, here are a few more games you can add to your list of games that aren't the one you're looking for. ;)

Full Metal Planet, Utopia: Creation of a Nation, Aworld Software's Life on Mars?

#1123 Posted by afrofools (1313 posts) -

@afrofools said:

Game features:

• Rainbow / Bubble gun
  • Ghosts?

The pig demo was prolly Tomba. No clue about the other game.

Thanks :) The other game I think may have been a whole arcade-style game made just for the demo.

#1124 Edited by Hamst3r (4436 posts) -

@vuud said:

I need the name of an old SNES tetris game, there's a little asshole in a pith helmet who climbs up your blocks towards a huge spinning spike platform like an idiot so you have to keep making lines to keep him safe.

Tetris Plus 2.

#1125 Edited by Hamst3r (4436 posts) -

@ablair6 said:

Year: I played it early 2000 but I'm sure it came out a few years earlier

Platform: Windows 95/98 (don't think it was DOS)

Genre: Space, Top Down, Horizontal Shoot Em Up

Good graphics? For that generation, It was a 2D game with 3D graphics

I assume it was for older kids/teens

Other Info: Can't remember much since it was 10+ years ago but I remember that one of the bosses was like a lava/desert alligator but it was only his head or at least he took up 90% of the right part of the screen, there were things like huge pimples you could blow up, things kept coming at you, you are flying pretty close to the ground

Alright, one more try from me. Salamander 2?

It's not a PC game, but I figured it was worth trying out as a possibility. :3

#1126 Posted by Raven10 (1706 posts) -

@cozmicaztaway: When you said snake and top down RPG I immediately thought of Ultima VII Serpent's Isle. I never saw a box for it like the one you described but it did come on a bunch of floppy discs in a big box.

#1127 Posted by Cozmicaztaway (215 posts) -

@raven10 said:

@cozmicaztaway: When you said snake and top down RPG I immediately thought of Ultima VII Serpent's Isle. I never saw a box for it like the one you described but it did come on a bunch of floppy discs in a big box.

Yes, I looked at it a lot, because, well, the snake does seem similar, but I'm not entirely sure it's correct. Also, for what it's worth, I looked over RPGs on the PC from 90 to 96 or something and didn't find it.

#1128 Posted by spoolccaol (2 posts) -

@cozmicaztaway: This is not it. I am sad. I appreciate you looking into it. I remember was much more detailed than the game you linked.

I really wish I could remember more of it.

#1129 Posted by Raven10 (1706 posts) -

@cozmicaztaway: Are you sure it was top down? Most of the major RPG series from that era were first person like Wizardry or Might and Magic or the SSI D&D games. The earliest 90's examples of top down RPG's I can think of outside of Ultima were Black Isle and Bioware's games but those didn't start coming out until 1997. After Ultima Underworld and Doom came out first person was all the rage so most RPG's tried doing free look first person even if the developer earlier had made top down games. I will say that if it was a Yuan-Ti then you would need to look through SSI's games as they owned the D&D license from the mid 80's through the mid 90's. There are a crap ton of games they made over those ten years so it might be one of them. Also it was around 1996 or 97 that most games started coming out on CD and I would say by 99 or so you couldn't find floppy versions of most games anymore. I know that Ultima VII and Underworld both came on floppies, and that was in 94 I believe. But when I went to buy a Windows 98 version they only had CD copies.

@spoolccaol:Are you sure it was on PS1? Reminds me of the games made by Snowblind on the PS2 like Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance. Also could have been one of the Gauntlet games. Something like Gauntlet Legends?

#1131 Edited by Logickal (9 posts) -

I played this game on the N64 when I was younger. It was a side-scrolling platformer game with 3D graphics. I think I remember it being an Asian-developed game. There was a village where you could buy food I think. I don't really remember the plot but at one point I think there was a giant robot in a burning building/tower? (Like the kind of tower you think of in feudal Japan).

#1132 Posted by Vuud (1943 posts) -

@hamst3r: Yes, that's it! I thought Tetris Plus was SNES, but it's PSX. That's why I couldn't find it. My Google-fu is weak.

#1133 Posted by Hamst3r (4436 posts) -

@hamst3r: Definitely the same style of game, but the graphics were more advanced, it had funny little german trench guys with pointy helmets.

Aha! I think I've found your game. Manfred Von Krashenbern's Flying Circus.

What an immensely obscure game, dude! Haha.

That said, here's someone who has a download of it available: MVKFC

But, just in case that site disappears, I've mirrored the file here: Zippyshare

#1134 Posted by Hamst3r (4436 posts) -

@logickal said:

I played this game on the N64 when I was younger. It was a side-scrolling platformer game with 3D graphics. I think I remember it being an Asian-developed game. There was a village where you could buy food I think. I don't really remember the plot but at one point I think there was a giant robot in a burning building/tower? (Like the kind of tower you think of in feudal Japan).

The first thing that comes to mind is the Goemon game Mystical Ninja, in which you fight giant robots in feudal Japan and can buy food from the village resturaunt for health.

#1135 Posted by Logickal (9 posts) -

That's the one! Wow, thanks!

@hamst3r said:

@logickal said:

The first thing that comes to mind is the Goemon game Mystical Ninja, in which you fight giant robots in feudal Japan and can buy food from the village resturaunt for health.

#1136 Posted by Hamst3r (4436 posts) -

@johnbon said:

Ok i have one for you guys, It was on the ps1 you drive this off road thank thing with a gun and the cut scenes were FMV or at least the intro was.

Any ideas?

Tiny Tank?

#1137 Edited by Hamst3r (4436 posts) -
@lendva said:

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for a game I've played between 95-2000 on my playstation 1. It was a rpg like game. You were a boy who has found a dragon. As the dragon grew bigger you could even fly with it. I think the game had an open world.

The camera angle was just like in pokemon. It also had villages with quests in it.

Thats all i know folks. Please help me I've been trying to find it for years now. Thank you!!!

That would be The Mystic Dragoons.

#1138 Posted by bobbyhall (3 posts) -
#1139 Edited by Whitehack (1 posts) -

Hi, im in search of an old game.

The person played it in 1995 - 1998 on PC.

The game exists out of 4 balances. From the left and right corner at the top, balls fall down with a specific weight. The balances go up /down according to the weight. Sometimes the balls have a sepcific color, or are a bomb.

Hope someone know tis game...

#1140 Posted by Hamst3r (4436 posts) -

@ryuugami said:

I'm trying to remember a game but can't figure out what name it was. The game is from 90's (late I think) and you control blue robor (I think it's a police robot) and you can plant mines, shoot missiles etc. It is for PS1, the graphics is simple top-look 2D, something like first GTA but more darker (or at least I think It's quite some time). I'm sure there is a multiplayer for two players where one controll blue robot and the other one red one. I'm replaying games from my childhood, but this is the only one I can't remember name so I hope someone can help me out.

I was looking at the Future Cop L.A.P.D and I'm not sure if it it is, from what I remember the graphics was more simple and darker (like a lot of black and red), so is there something similar, or did my memories just messed up with something else?

Well, if it's not Future Cop, which has a "Precinct Assault" mode in which red fights blue, could it be Z?

#1141 Posted by Ryuugami (3 posts) -

@hamst3r: I dont think so. I'm pretty sure that it looks like Future Cop only it was 2D and has like 3 main colors (mostly black and red, plus some blue)

#1142 Posted by Cozmicaztaway (215 posts) -

@raven10 said:

@cozmicaztaway: Are you sure it was top down? Most of the major RPG series from that era were first person like Wizardry or Might and Magic or the SSI D&D games. The earliest 90's examples of top down RPG's I can think of outside of Ultima were Black Isle and Bioware's games but those didn't start coming out until 1997. After Ultima Underworld and Doom came out first person was all the rage so most RPG's tried doing free look first person even if the developer earlier had made top down games. I will say that if it was a Yuan-Ti then you would need to look through SSI's games as they owned the D&D license from the mid 80's through the mid 90's. There are a crap ton of games they made over those ten years so it might be one of them. Also it was around 1996 or 97 that most games started coming out on CD and I would say by 99 or so you couldn't find floppy versions of most games anymore. I know that Ultima VII and Underworld both came on floppies, and that was in 94 I believe. But when I went to buy a Windows 98 version they only had CD copies.

I think it was top down, but I BARELY remember the actual game. I just know the title screen was freaking awesome. But yeah, guess I might go through old SSI games

#1143 Posted by Hamst3r (4436 posts) -

@ryuugami said:

@hamst3r: I dont think so. I'm pretty sure that it looks like Future Cop only it was 2D and has like 3 main colors (mostly black and red, plus some blue)

The only game I can think of that's 2D, top-down,dark, with a lot of black and red in it is Loaded.

If that's not it, then Future Cop is the only game that seems to fit the bill of police robots, red vs. blue multiplayer and the rest of your criteria outside of the graphics.

#1144 Edited by Ryuugami (3 posts) -

@hamst3r: ok, just played a little bit of Future Cop and it seem to be that game, looks like my memory is messed up with another game, thank you :)

#1145 Edited by Raven10 (1706 posts) -

@cozmicaztaway:

Just found this on MobyGames. He's sort of Snake looking.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/challenge-of-the-five-realms/cover-art/gameCoverId,113822/

Edit:

Also this:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/prophecy-of-the-shadow/cover-art/gameCoverId,58010/

It has a snake and a man wearing snakeskin.

#1146 Edited by DrZoidbergFuturama (3 posts) -

been 6 months no guesses so gonna try again:

platformer late 90s (95,96, or 97) PC game. Got negative reviews because it looked graphically 'old' like super mario world. I liked the game and it has driven me crazy for years not knowing what it is called I'm trying to find it again.

Mario-style platformer with gun like weapons/bombs. there were different kinds of vehicles that the character could climb into. I think that there were billboards that acted like checkpoints when you destroyed them or walked by them and they automatically changed... It was a man vs the corrupt mob/government or something i can't really remember the details. I think most of the weapons that you used curved like chucking something underhanded... even the bullets from guns had a big curve i think.

The big thing that sets it apart is he would get into different Vehicles. Reminds me of Mega Man X style kinda. This was a PC game I think I played on Windows 98 and when i updated I lost it. Again the game got BAD reviews and very few reviews at the time I looked into it. Was not Metal Slug series. No aliens that i can remember or anything it was just one guy who went against the government/mob all by himself pretty much.

#1147 Edited by mageemagoo (136 posts) -

@hamst3r said:

@mageemagoo said:

Aha! I think I've found your game. Manfred Von Krashenbern's Flying Circus.

What an immensely obscure game, dude! Haha.

That said, here's someone who has a download of it available: MVKFC

But, just in case that site disappears, I've mirrored the file here: Zippyshare

omg dude huge mega props for you! Thanks so much!

#1148 Posted by ablair6 (3 posts) -

@hamst3r: No, It was definitely a PC, completely sidescrolling, more 3D of graphics...

#1149 Edited by CorvusCorax (1 posts) -

Hi, maybe somebody here could help me finding two games from my childhood?

The first one was, as far as I remember, an MS-DOS game, from around 1996 (that's when I played it, more or less). I remember it having pretty good graphics at that time. Probably high fantasy with wizards. I remember it having cutscene(s) and it started off in some sort of a court in a castle on a rock?... Maybe a wizard court? There were many people in a big room and they didn't seem to be friendly (to be honest I was quite scared of this game and its atmosphere), not sure if you could interact with those people, though. There was some story or dialogue and after that a cutscene with the castle I mentioned above and some sort of a flying machinery or a hot air balloon rising behind it... or something like that. I think there was some astronomy or astrology involved. Like, those people were waiting for something, maybe a comet on the sky? Can't really say anything about the gameplay or the story since at that time I didn't really know much English (I'm not a native speaker) so everything was just an incoprehensible gibberish to me which prevented me from playing it (which makes me think there was quite a bit of reading). Now years after that I would like to return to it and see what this game was all about. Do you know what it is? I actually found it by myself! The game is called Storm Master!

The second game is probably a Commodore64 one (or Amiga/Atari... but my guess is Commodore). It was a side-scrolling platformer but not linear only from left to right since you could go higher or lower and the screen would move to wherever you moved. I think it was a detective story or the main hero was a detective or an agent because he was wearing a trench coat (if I remember correctly). For some reason I think he was looking for his (kidnapped?) relative, maybe his daughter? Don't take my word for it, it might be just my imagination. The action took place in a city and I think there was a stage where you could walk on the roof of a moving train or subway. The background was mainly black while the platforms were, of course, brighter. Can't remember if you could use a gun there but that would make sense. Any ideas? :)

There's also a third game that I just thought about. I've seen it being played on YouTube but I can't remember the name even though it seemed interesting. It was something like a house simulator? You could go around a big house and do various things with it. Not sure what was the goal of the game though. And I think it was a DOS game...

#1150 Posted by alien51 (2 posts) -

Hi there. I'm trying to find a game I used to play at my friend's house. I played it in early 2000s but I'm pretty sure it was a 90s game. I'm pretty sure it was a 2D MS DOS game in which you could build (or more like set) different things like light bulbs or ramps which would create little mechanisms that could be set in motion to create some effect. I think it had a free mode with all the items/mechanisms and an objective mode where you had a certain amount of items and had to achieve something (but I could be wrong) about the objective mode, it's been awhile). I remember there were things like basketballs that you could place that would drop down and turn switches on or off which were connected to other things. There were basketball hoops and I remember you could set the basketballs in kind of a cycle motion so they would go back and forth turning things off and on again. I also remember you could connect the switches to light bulbs and even little houses with little people.

It wasn't really a game, more of a sandbox little 2D builder kinda thing where you could experiment and create you own schemes, but yeah I would appreciate any help finding it.

Thanks