The "Can't remember the name of this game" Thread v3.0

blivvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Okay so I played a demo of this pc game kinda similar to missile command around 2003. It was 2.5D, you controlled a spacecraft at the bottom of the screen and you could shoot missiles or pick up different power-ups. Also it had a heavy metal soundtrack. Anybody got any ideas?

emer145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello all,

I remember a game from the late 90s or early 2000s on PC, you are in a museum at night, it was animated, you had to click on clues and at the end there was a room full of tv screens and you had to click who you think did the crime. I also remember the CD case was yellow. It's been bothering me for weeks!

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1603  Edited By FrostyRyan

When I was a kid, I had a demo for a game on the PS1 where you collect...rings I think? and there was also a mechanic where you can turn into creatures or something. I think it was called Rings of Fate or something but I really don't remember.

emer145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emer145: I found it. it was Clue Jr. Spyglass Mysteries. So thanks. I guess.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#1605  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

It was an older game, played off of floppy disks. It was a 2D side-scroller where you navigated traps and enemies to collect gold bars. Once you collected the gold bars, you finished the level. I also remember a jet pack being important, maybe integral, to the design.

I also remember the game having a robust level editor giving you access to every object in the game to make your levels with.

Any help would be awesome! I've been trying to remember this one for awhile.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

This might actually be a well known game but I cannot for the life of me think on how to find this. It was a game I had on like a 100+ game demo disc for DOS. The disc had like Doom and some other games on it. This game in particular was very Doom/Wolfenstein-esque but was in like a futuristic setting. Googling for that doesn't really return anything even remotely close.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1607  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@matatat said:

This might actually be a well known game but I cannot for the life of me think on how to find this. It was a game I had on like a 100+ game demo disc for DOS. The disc had like Doom and some other games on it. This game in particular was very Doom/Wolfenstein-esque but was in like a futuristic setting. Googling for that doesn't really return anything even remotely close.

Strife?

No Caption Provided

Marathon?

No Caption Provided

Star Wars Dark Forces?

No Caption Provided

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1608  Edited By matatat

@somedelicook: Definitely not Marathon or Dark Forces, I'm pretty familiar with those games. Strife I'm not familiar with but it doesn't look like that either. It looked a lot worse than those games visually. A little closer to Strife I suppose.

IIRC you are in a building going up floors. That might have just been the demo but it gave off the impression that the whole game was just scaling floors of this building.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1609  Edited By SomeDeliCook
matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1610  Edited By matatat

@somedelicook: AHHHH YES. I definitely remember that Dr. Goldfire face.

devilponytail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1611  Edited By devilponytail

Guys please help me out. Thanks in advanced.

This is an action RPG PC Game that I played long time ago. I think around 6-7 years ago at least.

This is I am not sure a Japanese game or not. I can't remember the name but It is staring with Su.I thought it would be Suikoden but no. This one is just flattery of my memory so please don't try to be searching exactly the game with the name start with Su. I really have no idea. So I will tell everything I can remember. Please help me to find.

One of special point of this game is you can control many character at the same time. When you control one, Others will go into auto mode. I remember this game has the combat system likes when you move to special location. The road will block. And u have to defeat certain enemies to pass through.

The loading scene will have a image of a Disc and next to it is a loading...

There is a Princess. The princess is wearing a white clothes. I remember After the main character who wore a knight clothes and went to somewhere. The princess followed after that. There are some characters like A warrior with a sword, Princess is Mage, There is dude with a gun and Later there will be a girl with a claw.

This maybe an important info. There is the God or heaven something guy. His body is purple I think. When he meets you he will use his light and give you the better amor. That is the most important I can remember. First chapter I remember you got to fight some stelekons. I remember at this chapter. U went on a training lesson first that taught you some simple combat at the small garden in the city. After that They you went on the Magic tower(that's what I called). It's a tower near the sea. It has a ships making dock with woods. Some places to sell equipments etc. Some of chapters contain wolf when u're in desert. And the most I remember is when fighting with a Giant spider with Full poison.

Any questions please ask me I will give my best to give the information so making it easier to find.

hollow96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really really need help for this one as it's been driving me crazy for ages.

Essentially it is a PC game where you play as a cartoonish red haired barbarian/warrior who wears nothing but some boots and a loincloth who battles his way through levels against gremlins, goblins and other monsters, picking up their weapons as you go along. While it was slightly cartoony there was quite a bit of decapitation and blood when the enemies died. I'm also pretty sure there was some platforming as well.

the only other things I can remember was the loading screen featured the protagonist being boiled alive in a big black pot with green water by some of the goblins. I thought that it may have been called gremlins 3D or goblins 3D but nothing comes up when it's put into a search engine.

I'm sure I played it between 1999 and 2001. the version I played was only a demo of the game which was from UK PC Gamer magazine, I only bought the magazine for a little while and judging by the now not working demo disks it has to have been on one of the disks between issues 75 to 90

I will be honestly be grateful to anybody who can find this for me as I've spent hours researching and cannot find a trace of it.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

devilponytail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1614  Edited By devilponytail

@matatat: Thanks bro. You know a lot of about game. I wish I can remember game better.

Caster89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello everyone, I have a game that's been troubling me for some time now and I hope someone can help me out, even though I realize i do not remember much from it, so here is what I remember:

-I used to play the game some time between 1998 and 2002, I believe on either win95 or win98

-The game was based on placing/switching spheres on a 2d plane (I believe a bit like align 4 spheres and they explode, or something like that but I am not too sure about the mechanics)

-There were special spheres which did particular things such as spiked spheres which would destroy more spheres, or rainbow colored spheres which counted as a "joker card"

-You could choose the "theme" of the spheres (e.g. I'm sure there were metallic spheres, and I think I remember you could choose spheres with smiley faces on them and so on)

-I'm pretty sure the "setting" of the game was kind of "dark", such as the frames withing the game were brushed/rusted metal

Please if anyone remembers help me out, it's killing me:)

chu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1616  Edited By chu52

@megamanlegends: Some more info would help. But that is hitting my Legend of Dragoon memories. On the other hand, that description is true of about 90% of Playstation RPG's

No Caption Provided

@hollow96: This page might help http://www.giantbomb.com/barbarian-protagonist/3015-2754/games/

Kaan? was it Kaan?

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#1617  Edited By Slag
GrassJello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi everyone,

I need help naming a game I used to play as a kid. I was playing on ps1, it was like the early 2000s (2002?, give or take a few years) It was a Japanese game, about two explorers on an island. It started with a plane crash. You play as one of the explorers and the other follows you around. There were creatures on the island like naughty monkeys or weird big plants that tries to eat you. And there were boss fights like a giant cuttlefish(or squid) in a cave or a giant centipede. And you had to collect herbs and fruits to replenish your health. Oh and lastly you beat up the creatures on the island with your trusty plastic toy hammer XD

Thanks in advance!

wd528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi guys,

Long shot, I imagine, but there was this side-scrolling shooter/platform game that I used to play on a console at an after-school club back in the 90s. It had a co-op mode with player 1 in blue and player 2 in pink, with each player having a laser weapon of their respective colours. They could pick up armor and their guns could be upgraded from ordinary slow fire to such examples as firing expanding laser rings that homed in on enemies or fired blue/pink lightning-like streams but only at right angles. Every couple of levels would be intersected by a level where you flew at great speed in first person through a series of gates, some of which looked a bit like red crabs in some levels and more like a grey castle in others.

That's probably not a desperately helpful description, but it's pretty much all I remember from nearly twenty years ago. As for the console, I'm pretty sure it was pre-PS1, certainly no later a generation than that though.

Thanks in advance to anyone who might have an idea, it's not that big a deal but I remember it being a lot of fun.

Alfio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey everyone, I need your help! This is driving me mad...

1) 1997 - I think - PC game

2) 3rd person perspective as I remember

3) It scared the crap out of me, but ok, I was about 5

This is what I remember from the demo version intro: some kind of cinematic featuring the protagonist walking in an empty cinema. The big screen turns on and a guy welcomes me with a damn creepy voice. Then a manhole opens under my feet and I fall in some dark dressing room or something, being attacked by what I guess were zombies.

I also remember a television permanently on and a woman being thrown knives at, like in a circus show. Dark, creepy atmosphere.

Sorry for my bad english, I've been looking for this game for so long! I will truly appreciate all you can do to help me investigate what has become a mistery to me.

hollow96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slag: I can't believe it. I've been trying to find the name of that for months! you've saved me a lot of time and a little bit of my sanity! Thanks so much.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#1622  Edited By Slag
Stephanov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay I'm looking for this one game I played when I was younger

-It's an RPG, I know that for sure
-When you created your character it let you select certain spirits that added advantages to your character, and when you started the game there was a dialog with your spirit

-I remember in one of the towns there was a really dumb NPC that went "Need...money" and one of the dialog options for the player was "No...you...need...brain"

If anyone knows what game I'm talking about please let me know, this is driving me nuts

Evilc00kies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1624  Edited By Evilc00kies

When i was younger, around 10 years ago i used to play this old game my brother gave me.

Platform: played it on pc

genere: i belive it was somewhat of a dungeoncrawler, arcady twinstick shooter of sort.

i remember the opening cutscene had some sort of a dragon attacking a village, and the game was in the castle that was in it , or so i remember.

you could play as a few different characters, i belive it was : a barbarian, a mage, an archer (maybe) and i think there was one more.

there were lots of spiders, keys to open barriers to more spiders and monsters.

the game was realy old so the graphics were realy low res and i can also remember that when i picked up stuff the narrator would say stuff like "SKELETON KEY" and such.

---- edit : oh and i remember the name having something to do with "medieval" but im pretty sure it wasnt actualy that but a simmilar word/a change to that word.

as well as i forgot to mention that the game was topdown!

thanks in advance for anyone who finds somthing! i realy want to play it again...

Stephanov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When i was younger, around 10 years ago i used to play this old game my brother gave me.

Platform: played it on pc

genere: i belive it was somewhat of a dungeoncrawler, arcady twinstick shooter of sort.

i remember the opening cutscene had some sort of a dragon attacking a village, and the game was in the castle that was in it , or so i remember.

you could play as a few different characters, i belive it was : a barbarian, a mage, an archer (maybe) and i think there was one more.

there were lots of spiders, keys to open barriers to more spiders and monsters.

the game was realy old so the graphics were realy low res and i can also remember that when i picked up stuff the narrator would say stuff like "SKELETON KEY" and such.

---- edit : oh and i remember the name having something to do with "medieval" but im pretty sure it wasnt actualy that but a simmilar word/a change to that word.

as well as i forgot to mention that the game was topdown!

thanks in advance for anyone who finds somthing! i realy want to play it again...

I think you mean Get Medieval

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Get_Medieval

Also I found my game, it was Lionheart.

Evilc00kies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1626  Edited By Evilc00kies

@stephanov:

yes exactly the game i was looking for!

the funny thing is i found the cd just a minute ago in my brother's old room XD

but tnx for the help, and glad you found your game!

now if only i could get to work it on windows 7 :C...

yuriythebest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Greetings! It is an old game - from the 90's I think

the setting is inside a computer-world. It is a cooperative single-screen game where you and your friends are transistors with legs/arms (or something computery I think) and you battle other small computer parts

jbrauning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1628  Edited By jbrauning

Looking for these games:

1. An ancient PC adventure game. Definitely DOS era. You typed in commands but there was a graphical representation of the world. You played a kid who was looking for his cat. To end the game you could jump off a cliff and wake up to find it was all a dream.

2. A Windows 95 era racing game that had a remote control car racing feel, with winding and looping and splitting narrow tracks. It had a futuristic aesthetic and a game show storyline where you got to pick things from behind three doors when you won. The game show aspect had the full motion video popular at the time in it.

3. A hybrid RTS/first person vehicle sim. You primarily controlled a mothership that collected resources from control points and had turrets. Your mothership generated X number of minion cars/helicopters/jets etc on your orders to go fight the enemy. At any time you could jump to any minion and control it directly to take down the enemy mothership. Some enemies looked like WW I vehicles while others looked like aliens or futuristic. *SOLVED* THIS GAME IS URBAN ASSAULT

4. A first person shooter where the story was that all war in the future is waged by remote piloted drones. The game was 3D kind of like Descent but it had a great multiplayer mode. I feel like the name was one word and it started with a G but I might be wrong.

5. A Diablo clone but with a slightly more cartoony or silly aesthetic. You started out as a farm boy or something. The game was pretty silly. I just remember that killing an armored guard got me almost instantly killed and that they used different color-skinned beasts to indicate stronger ones. I feel like it had a one word title. It was for PC- windows 95 era.I don't think it was an a-list title. It was fun though. I think they touted that it was easily user-moddable. Design your own playable modules kind of thing.

6. This old web-based shockwave flash game from the 90s that I remember that I thought was called Space Pirate or Space Pirates that I remember. I don't remember too much about the mechanics, other than that it was very hard. There was fuel and you could travel to destinations but sometimes you would be intercepted by pirates or the space police or something. I think you had crew, and maybe the ship was customizable? I know a big part of the game was buying and selling merchandise to make a profit.

Anyone else remember this game, or know what it was actually called?

7. Played this once on a candy-colored old-school iMac running OS 7 or something. I feel like I remember a Sierra logo. Point and Click adventure game with full motion video characters. I only played one scene: you were frankenstein's Monster just come to life and Frankenstein was there making sure you didn't do anything or escape. He talked to you a bunch and would kill you with an injection if you annoyed him or sow thing. Not sure if it was actually Frankenstein or a rip-off with a different name. Frankenstein was either played by Tim Curry or a guy that my kind has twisted into being Tim Curry and just a similar vibe.

mitoand9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey everyone:

1. I think the game goes back to the year 2000, but I am not 100% sure.. I was playing it around that year.

2. I played the game on a PC

3. I remember the game pretty well though. It was a puzzle game. You were an red headed astronaut with a dog named "Tonga". Aliens invaded the solar system and planted bombs on each planet of the solar system. Our mission: go on each planet and destroy the bombs before the detonation.

4. The game was entirely 2D from what I remember, except the "storyline videos"

5. Intended audience, I guess kids..

It was a great game, really fun! Hopefully someone remembers the name.. I really want to play it again! Thx in advance!

Hyogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, i really miss this game, so let´s see if someone knows it.

1. When i played it, i think that it was around 2003-2004, or something near this.

2. I played on PC.

3. It was a 2D Platformer and Adventure game. As i can remember you played as a guy with a blade and fought some monsters on the way while collecting floating gems. I also remember that you could wall-jump, i think.

4. When you started the game, first you saw a piece of story in text with pictures along it. One of them was of the protagonist holding one of the floating gems, and i think that the text said that ''the gems shouldn´t be floating'', something like that.

5. There was an world map with the levels.

6. The first level(or one of the firsts) was some sort with florest with trees that had faces, and i think that they were blue too.

7. Intended audience? Don´t know, but i guess it was Kid-Young.

Yakumo1975

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1631  Edited By Yakumo1975

In reply to the question below:

That's got to be Mega Race. It was also released on the 3DO, Mega CD and maybe other platforms.

@jbrauning said:
2. A Windows 95 era racing game that had a remote control car racing feel, with winding and looping and splitting narrow tracks. It had a futuristic aesthetic and a game show storyline where you got to pick things from behind three doors when you won. The game show aspect had the full motion video popular at the time in it.

jbrauning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1632  Edited By jbrauning
Yakumo1975

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@jbrauning: The shockwave game was actually called Space Pirate. I subscribed to it for a pretty long time - because it was a paid game I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't exist anymore. Basically it was a trading game, but you also hired individual crew with particular skills in bars on the planets and so on. Played a ton of it in like middle school.

jbrauning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veektarius:

Thank you so much! I'm glad I'm not crazy. I wish this still existed in some way. It was hella fun, and I think I only ever played the free demo or whatever.

jbrauning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raven10:

Holy crap I was right, Tim Curry was in it!

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

@jbrauning: Looks like you are new to the site so I think it is worth mentioning that on Giantbomb the databases include individuals as well as games and companies. So if you think Tim Curry is in a game just search Tim Curry and you'll get a list of games he was in. The database also includes concepts and objects so if you think a game was "like Descent" you might go to the Descent page and look under the concepts section to find other games that use similar concepts, and the page also would have direct links to other games that are similar to that one. Part of the beauty of this site is how it allows you to find games you can't remember or to find a game similar to another you enjoyed or that uses a mechanic you really like.

greg77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1639  Edited By greg77

hiya all,

please help me identify a game.

1. exact year is unknown, but must be near 1985.

2. platform was C64 for sure.

3. it must have been either strategy or simulation since wikipedia includes "construction and management simulation" in the simulation group.

the sad thing is that i've been able to play the game only for a very short time. it has to do something with building cars from parts, maybe the management of a car building company, but no racing or car-driving events occurred - but possibly because of the little length of time being played. i vaguely remember of a screen full of different buildings, maybe factories, and an assortment of car parts appearing somewhere, like different car bodies, and such. there possible were conveyor systems appearing on the screen (but i'm not sure of this), and the concept of "automation" comes first into my mind when i think about this game.

i know that little information is present above, and some of it may also be misleading, so i just hope for someone (with the appropriate age) to remember the title of this game. any other info or clarifying is also appreciated very much.

thank you in advance.

oops, one more thing. i know of the pc game "street rod" which has both construction/management (which i consider strategy) and simulation elements, but it is not the one i'm talking about.

briangrice35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, hopefully someone can help me.

I've been looking for a long time for this game. Late 80s, early 90s game. I think it was DOS based. Space themed. Some details I remember : Different 'slots' in the space ship that could be 'upgraded'. One of the slots was for a navigation system, could have been called either 'Magellan' or 'Vespucci'. Flew from place to place meeting different alien races, some hostile, some not. 8 bit graphics. I think I remember one of the aliens being a green blob. Trade was a part of the game, but shooting also.

Sorry I don't have more details.

Thanks guys!

Brian

Avatar image for boomshanka123123
boomshanka123123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hello,

I'm looking for a minigame where player was flying some kind of bug (a beetle maybe?) and were trying to avoid incoming motorcycles. They were riding faster and faster so it was getting harder over time. The longer you stayed alive the better was your result. There were several types of motorbikes coming to hit you, I remember choppers and superbikes. The steering was by mouse only. I think I played it around year 2000 or so.

Any guesses?

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

Trying to remember a PS1 game with old timey ships. Small, dinstinct levels. Maybe isometric in view. Fire canonballs at other ships. There were whirlpools. It was on a demo disc I had as a kid.

briangrice35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alistercat:

Could have been "Overboard"

I don't remember any whirpools, but I remember traps and other ships.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

@briangrice35: Yeah! I think that's it. Doesn't quite fit my memory, but I was a kid. Those sound effects though... pure nostalgia. I only ever played the demo disc. I think I saw 'whirlpools' on the splashscreen at the the end of the demo and never saw them in the game.

Loading Video...

ccmagoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trying to remember a ps2 game that came out some time before the slim version. Was an adventure game that would give you special weapons after defeating a boss like a bo staff of or lightning fist sword thing.game was kind of like shinobi but started in like a city and would have to fight enemies and solve/ get around the map with the weapons you have.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#1646  Edited By Seikenfreak

@alistercat: Or maybe Shipwreckers?

Looks like Overboard is the European version or something. I've actually got Shipwreckers for PS1 in a blank jewel cause I bought pre-owned from a Blockbuster for $9.99

Avatar image for tinykittyswallower
TinyKittySwallower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soooo, maybe i'm a little late, but let's try. when i was a kid i played this game on Gameboy Advance SP, it was a puzzle game and i remeber tha you must move ice blocks in order to collect things like powerups (i think). There where those “monsters” in various color but all the same model, i can't remember if you where one of those but -maybe- if you touch them you die. I think the year is 2002-2005.

sorry for the bad english.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ca104190dca
deactivated-58ca104190dca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, hopefully someone can help me.

I've been looking for a long time for this game. Late 80s, early 90s game. I think it was DOS based. Space themed. Some details I remember : Different 'slots' in the space ship that could be 'upgraded'. One of the slots was for a navigation system, could have been called either 'Magellan' or 'Vespucci'. Flew from place to place meeting different alien races, some hostile, some not. 8 bit graphics. I think I remember one of the aliens being a green blob. Trade was a part of the game, but shooting also.

Sorry I don't have more details.

Thanks guys!

Brian

Starcontrol 2.

briangrice35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hone_mcbone:

Thanks for the reply, but that's not it. The game I'm thinking of was only 1 player. I for sure don't remember flying the ship like that and shooting and whatnot. For some reason the aliens look familiar and some of the weird names ring a bell though. I looked at Star Control 1 and 3, but neither of them are it either. Did they make some spin off game similar to Star Control? It's definitely older than SC3. I remember a screen popping up and there was an alien sitting there and you were supposed to make the right decision in order to trade or they would try to kill you or let you go or something. The graphics from SC1 were about right, SC2 and 3 were to advanced for the game I remember.

Thanks again.

Necrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. I don't remember exactly but based on the graphics the game could be late 90's early 2000 (mostly 90's though)
  2. It was a PC game I believe it ran on DOS
  3. It was a Run 'n' Gun Side-Scrolling (horizontal) game, it had a dark sci-fi feeling to it, there are two playable characters: a muscular man wearing a body armor that looks like a tank top and holding a rifle (he plays a guitar solo on it if you left him idle for a while) and the second character was a man (perhaps an alien...) wearing a black trench coat and a (black mask, perhaps?) and using dual pistols. I remember that the first level looked like you're fighting in a junkyard of creepy robots (or perhaps the ground was made of giant creepy skulls, not sure....)
  4. The game was dark and disturbing (both in terms of graphics and music)
  5. I believe this game was made for adults as (If I remembered correctly..) it was quite voilent