The "Can't remember the name of this game" Thread v3.0

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

@frigiddev: You sure it isn't just Mount and Blade with a mod?

FrigidDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I just resolved my own question...turns out it was this game:

Rise And Fall Civilizations At War

So yea, thanks for the help lol

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alrighty duders, in need of some help here. There are one to two games I'm looking for, it's one to two as it *may* be the same game

SO, the one game I'm thinking of was a simple indie game where you just sort of drove around and picked up hitchikers and had conversations with them, I think you could have the radio on at some point, I don't know if there was much of a goal to it over all and I think Patrick may have covered it in a worth playing or a solo quick look but I've having trouble location it. Pretty sure it had a simple graphical design to it, if that rings any bells please let me know. It would have been a newerish game, like, no more then a few years old.

Now the secondary one I am relating from my friends memory, he seems to be convinced that there is a game out that there is a game out there that is also simply about driving around, may have some sort of connection to a family member, like being on the phone with the characters mom at some point? And he is also convinced that you have to drive away from a storm, maybe not be like as an action scene or anything, but that's just why you are on the road, or it could be an action scene? I really don't know, It should also have just been out in the past couple of years.

He has no idea what game I'm talking about, I have no idea what he's talking about, perhaps you can ease the mind of two confused friends! Sorry I can't give much more information.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Breezexi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1905  Edited By Breezexi

It's a SNES game, could be Japanese only since I never played an English version.

It's a fantasy theme top-down ARPG, the perspective was similar to Zelda. The main character is a swordsman with red armor, who starts out with a charge spinning attack.As the game progress, you get access to various swords. You can switch sword on the fly, which changes your armor color and give you a different charge attack. The only one I can remember is the yellow armor give you a jump charge attack where your character jump out of the screen, land on an enemy, then jump back to your original position.

Another thing you can switch is a helper character, which basically give you a spell. The only one I can remember is a fairy that restores your hp. You can only cast this spell a limited numbers of time every stage.

T_wester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beachthunder: Thanks for the suggestion, I'll send that my friends way and see if that's what he was thinking about.

@t_wester Yes! That is absolutely the one I was thinking of! Thank you!

PDXSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1908  Edited By PDXSonic

@mtcantor said:

@fadetofunk: Hrm, well in Inner Space no files were deleted from your computer of course. There was some stupid art game that did that, but far more people talked about it than ever played it. Not sure what the game you are thinking of is though, but the second I heard Danny talk about the game he remembered on the Bombcast I thought of Inner Space. It was actually pretty ahead of its time.

This was a Windows 3.1 or 95 game. You were a ship inside of your own computer and the enemies / NPCs were files and icons from your hard drive. The entire game was based around shooting "bad" files. Danny O'Dwyer recently mentioned it on the bombcast from 2/3/2015 which jogged my memory of the game. I think I played it on a demo CD or something. Anyone remember that?

Another game in a similar vein would be Virus: The Game that was published by Sirtech in 97. Sounds like they had a early viral (no pun intended) marketing demo where it made people think their files were being deleted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virus:_The_Game

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beachthunder: Turns out that wasn't it, thanks for the try though, also what a silly looking game haha.

I got a little bit more information out of him. And the more I get out of him the more I have noooo idea what he's talking about.

"all I can remember is that it was a game where you leave in the middle of the night ( I don't remember why) and while you're driving away your mom phones you and you talk to her on the phone while driving and learn about things like how your little brother is upset that you left and stuff. I remember there being a pixely style (like Kentucky route 0) picture of a truck and a cornfield. I also remember that towards or at the end of the game there was a siren to warn of a tornado, then possibly a tornado?"

Ashcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, bit of a reach here, but somebody on the internet can probably help me!

I'm trying to find an old game, I played it on the pc in the mid or late 90s. It was a racing game, I thought it was the original Need for Speed, so it probably looks very similar, but I'm remembering some "busted" cutscenes (when police apprehend you) that were possibly live action (?) or I am remembering them live action for some reason. Don't remember much about them, but I do remember one of them had a dog (canine unit). As far as I can tell, the original NFS did not have such cutscenes, and the NFS games beyond that look too good (graphically) to be the game I'm searching for.

Help would be appreciated! This is one of those vague childhood memories and it's bothering me. x.x

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Ashcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1912  Edited By Ashcat
parkanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hiya, first time posting and hoping for some help to stop me going nuts...

Looking for an arcade scrolling shooter, along the lines of Area 88 / UN Squadron but more recent than that (I think after 2000 but not entirely sure) and without the cartoony angle, start by picking a plane from a small selection of pseudo-real fighter jets (I think something akin to the F/A-18 was in there somewhere) with varying weapon sets from plane to plane which I think were previewed on the plane selection screen.

I seem to recall a B-2 bomber being one of the earlier bosses and there might have been some sort of in-flight 're-fuelling' (recharging?) aspect also but can't be 100% sure of either of those.

Been trawling the 'net with no success, I know it's not much to go on but I'd be immensely grateful if anyone has any ideas! I thought it might be Carrier Airwing but I seem to recall it being rather more snazzily presented than that...

Ta!

Avatar image for stevenburnworth
StevenBurnworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok so I'm trying to remember a text-based game that I played on some version of a Mac in the early to mid 90s, I'm thinking probably an Apple IIc or similar. The game was controlled by text only yet had pictures for each section. I remember being able to 'warp' to different areas: a broken down lighthouse, in the ocean, etc, and some encounters, like having a shark appear in front of you in the ocean, and the correct command was something similar to "punch shark in nose." The visuals did not have any color. Heeeelp!

Lysandus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Linkmyster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1916  Edited By Linkmyster

@x19: Okay so here is the game I'm trying to remember:

I had it on the gameboy colour it's a top down rpg where you shoot enemies and have better weapons collecting key items to get to the next level. The storyline is that you're in this huge war so you use the time machine to go back in time to prevent the war. You go through various levels at one point battling vampires and stuff then at the end you go back to the future only to find instead of preventing the way you've just made the other faction win and gain power instead. Great game would love to play it.

Any help would be great thanks :)

SubwayD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#1917  Edited By SubwayD

@linkmyster: Crystalis?

Story doesn't match, but it's the closest I could find from a quick browse of the GBC RPG libary.

Edit: Ah probably not this one. The story is really off.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#1918 fisk0  Moderator

@linkmyster: Heh, the time travel plot kinda sounds like the Gameboy Color port of Daikatana, though it was a top down action adventure like the Zelda games rather than a proper RPG.

Avatar image for stevenburnworth
StevenBurnworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lysandus: It's definitely one of that series'. Thanks a ton!

Now I got another one. A plain 2-D game where there's a set of 'tracks' that 2 circles follow. Each circle has a cannon on it that can rotate 360 degrees and the wheel can go either way on the track. There are weapon upgrades and I believe other upgrades, while each wheel-cannon-thing tries to shoot the other one. This one's tough...

Gori899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1920  Edited By Gori899

Can someone help me, I forgot the name of a game?

It was a platform game with “bad” graphic.I think that this game is some Asian game.I remember that you played as a girl who collect powerups through her journey.The game features very strange monsters and very different worlds with great sountracks.I played that game five years ago on pc.It isn’t multiplayer,and i remember that name of game was on chinese or some other asian language.That game is simple,and not very long.

whitefist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys, I need help:

It's a PC, 3D, driving game, I played it 5-7 years ago...

You drive a beach buggy and you've to collect 5 or 6 diamonds, in the bottom edge(i think left) is a window with a sexy girl in a bikini(and she talks a lot)..

All stages are placed at beach, and there is one stage with a great waterfall and Mayan pyramids, you can choose between 3 characters (I don't want to be racist, but one of them is black :$) , you have time limit too, but you can extend the time by picking some clock-power-ups, you can pick some hearts too...

I really hope you can help me, and sorry for my bad english, I'm Austrian ( Österreich ^^)

Thanks

lsanczyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1923  Edited By lsanczyk

I've looking for a game for years, and can't find it using Google.

• Platform: arcade, with motion simulator, type: stewart pneumatic platform
  • Genre: starfighter
  • View: 3rd person viewed from backward
  • Year: 1990 approx.
  • Plot: You fight an x-wing like spaceship, but I think this is should not be a Star Wars game. Taking off from your base, fighting other crafts, and eventually going into a tunnel inside a planet like enemy base, similar to the Death Star.

Somebody know about it? Thanks for your help!

Edit:

Resolved by @champybit : 1998's Super Deluxe version of Galaxy Force II

ames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Um I'm looking for the name of an old ps1 game, that was on a demo disk I had.

It was a third person action game (narrowing it down I know) where you were like in this weird misty old timey village and could kill zombies. You were a guy with a staff and you could chop the zombies in half, and there were also werewolves, and you could pick up pistols. It was super janky and had that kinda survival horror feel. And the footsteps were very loud. :p

Anyone have any ideas?

twothums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game I can't remember the name of was on PC. I played it in the late 90's. It took place in an amusement park and when you rode the different rides you would get sick with a virus. You would then have to fight the virus. The fights had a virus walk around with a round card like it was a boxing fight.

pawiih

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey :) Im looking for an old PS2 game i havent been able to find for years.

Its an open world rpg sort of,

I cant remember much.

But

i remember that you are some kind of warrior / mage thingy and start out in a castle of some sort

The castle is invaded by either people or monsters "cant remember exactly"

Further on in the game you get to some desert kind of world with pyramids and oasises etc.

You run around in the pyramids and palaces and kill enemies.

I especially remember one monster called "djiin" and its blue,

I also recall something about a underworld. But not sure tho

Im sorry i cant remember any more of it,

But i would be so grateful to find that game again :)

ThomasRowe7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello guys I have a challenge for you. I was bought a game when i was very young and found it too difficult to complete. I feel that i have to get that game back over ten years later to finally finish it. My memory is vague, however, i remember the game to be an rpg of seemingly japanese make, but it could have been a western based rpg. The console is early ps1 or ps2. The view is third person. The story follows two male protagonists one wearing a red jacket and carrying a sword, not a massive one just a saber or cutlass type length, the other being blonde and slightly more serious. To initiate a turn based combat system you can either hit the enemy or the enemy can hit you which may effect the battle. The red jacket character initiates combat by slashing with his sword while the other lightly kicks the enemy. I remember some overpowered large enemies and some simple penguin type enemies. One key point is that i believe the story is based underground as i was mainly travelling through dark tunnels which may have resembled train stations of sorts. These two main characters belong to some sort of organisation or guard in their underground city and answer to a women commander who i can't quite remember. You save at phones of some sort. I remember talk of frequencies as a means of ranking of the members of the organisation. As for the items you seem to be able to equip gear and also find unknown gear and need to return to your city to get it appraised. I remember being told off near the beginning of the game by a women who said that i beat someone up. This has been killing me and i hope that you ladies and gentlemen can help :) Thanks!

P.S some of this could be subject to change as i didn't get far into the story.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thomasrowe7: It might be one of the Shadow Hearts games. Haven't played them myself but from what I've seen of them they fit.

TonyBlue87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to play this computer game when I was a kid on Windows 98 or even windows 95

It started with this eerie black and white introduction that looked like pictures from the manhattan project

The whole game was inside I think it was a space station but you spent the whole time wandering around halls and going to people's doors

Weird that's not much to go on but if anyone knows anything

_UrielRbn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1931  Edited By _UrielRbn_

I'm looking for a game:

Year: I played it about 10 years ago, but someone had given me the computer so i think 1995-2005.

Platform: It was a PC game.

Genre: I think it was an action game and seemed like the genre of: Jazz Jackrabbit 1, The Blues Brothers, Commander keen 4, Crystal Caves

( I played these games at that time).

General thought: It had better graphics than most of the games at that time and I think it had good animation system.

Intended audience: I think both for kids and casual gamers. There was no blood and such things,

You could punch and kill soldier cats.

Description: You were a blue ball with big white eyes, you could punch enemies with a big fist that came out of you and the enemies

looked like soldier cats with a red nose and a military helmet, at some stages there was a cat that is stronger -

he had a white shirt and without helmet.

You could collect stars and get strange punch abilities, I remember a duplication punch were you could duplicate a

black figure of yourself.

You had to start from the left side of the stage, kill enemies, collect stars and go to the right side of the stage.

I remember it was a 2D game. were you could just move right left up down, and the graphics looked 3D.

Avatar image for deactivated-590937020333c
deactivated-590937020333c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi.I forgot the name of a pc game.It is...

-I think it is a teen rate game

-a sci-fi turn-based tactics rpg like game with levels.

-The main character is a soldier and has a Col.Guile from Street Fighter 2 hair dew

-It looks like Guile from Street Fighter 2 got a turn-based rpg.

-It is third person-top down

-I bought it around the mid-2000's for the PC its probably a 2000-2010 game looking at the graphics

-when you level up you are rewarded "prestige points" to apply to skills.

-the objective of the game is to find a alien like robot before the bad guys.

-it has kinda a unique battle system were you can enter the maps' buildings and fight in a different rpg style.

-on the first level you fight against giant rats and soldiers.

Please help.

SubwayD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1933  Edited By SubwayD
Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1934  Edited By Shortbreadtom

OK, hope someone can help me out with this because I've been racking my brain for weeks. It was a turn based, third person shooter on the PC, set up like Worms 3D or Worms 4. It was science fiction themed, and it all took place on small planets. The two teams were anthropomorphised animals, with one team being apes (gorilla, orangutan, chimpanzee etc.) and the other team was vaguely carnivore themed? I think it was a hyena, wolf etc. It had a planet editing system where you could change stuff like the gravity. I remember playing it as a kid, so it must be early to mid 2000's. Hope someone can help!

_UrielRbn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subwayd:

Thank you

You found my game :)

Putty Squad · Unreleased Game

SubwayD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1937  Edited By matatat

I think I figured this out once upon a time but I remember not really knowing if I was correct or not.

So I can say for certain the game was a Dreamcast game. The way I was introduced to it was on a demo disc that I believe might have had Crazy Taxi and definitely had that weird KISS FPS on it. The game was was like some sort of medieval action RPG that seemed sort of open ended a little bit. I cant remember if it had prerendered environments or not but it did have separate sections with a static camera. The gameplay seemed pretty dependent on having some skill with the combat.

The game is definitely not Draconus. I'm also fairly sure it isn't Lodoss War either.

I'm also not sure that it ever came out.

tompecka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello guys,

I need help! I'm looking for a game made before the year 2000 on a "console", not on a pc. I can remember that it was a classical 2D co-op action. There were 2 characters, one of them had blue jeans and the other had them red. You had to fight your way through stages by killing your enemies with swords/bottles lying on the ground (maybe some kick-punch combos? can't remember). For some reason, I remember there was a boss stage in some kind of a japanese environment (myb a dojo) and the boss was named Chai or Chao.

Hope you can help me ;)

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1939  Edited By Corevi

@tompecka: Double Dragon, one of it's sequels or a rip off of it.

Budwyzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1940  Edited By Budwyzer

@tompecka said:

Hello guys,

I need help! I'm looking for a game made before the year 2000 on a "console", not on a pc. I can remember that it was a classical 2D co-op action. There were 2 characters, one of them had blue jeans and the other had them red. You had to fight your way through stages by killing your enemies with swords/bottles lying on the ground (maybe some kick-punch combos? can't remember). For some reason, I remember there was a boss stage in some kind of a japanese environment (myb a dojo) and the boss was named Chai or Chao.

Hope you can help me ;)

I swear, this has to be a Double Dragon game. I thought you could throw bottles in those.

thraxian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I am looking for the name of two games that is driving me crazy. The first is a medieval rts PC game which came out probably 95-99. That's when I played it (98). I think it came along with our computer when we bought it. All remember is basically that you had these blue soldiers that you ordered around and took castles and such. The enemy was red. It wasn't very deep. I think it max had like 3 unit types. It was pretty gory for an rts but just blood. I kinda just remember sucking at it seeing as I was like 7. I don't think there was any fantasy elements, but I won't rule it out completely.

The other one is more odd. It's a 2d sidescroller plattformer game. You could move backwards through levels. Also on pc. A shooter where you played soldiers which dropped into the level and it was sort of weird mix of technology. Different levels and you had to defeat bosses in a certain way, but once you died enough times you had to start all over, and you couldn't save or anything. It was sort of arcadey, it had "insert coin to continue" etc. I think I played a demo of some sorts. Also late 90s.

tompecka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi: @budwyzer: Thank you so much, I think it must have been Double Dragon III, it seems really awkwardly familiar, although i can't remember certain parts and it is weird how I remember only the Italy stage, I guess I had a checkpoint set or something. So yeah, appreciate your help, guys:)

SubwayD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matatat: Perhaps Silver?

Had a look at listings of UK and US Dreamcast demo disks, and the only thing that was vaguely relevant on the KISS Psycho Circus issue would be the Skies of Arcadia demo, though I'm not sure that's what you're describing.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1945  Edited By matatat
@subwayd said:

@matatat: Perhaps Silver?

Had a look at listings of UK and US Dreamcast demo disks, and the only thing that was vaguely relevant on the KISS Psycho Circus issue would be the Skies of Arcadia demo, though I'm not sure that's what you're describing.

Ah yeah, it's totally Silver. The name sounds familiar from when I researched it last time. I want to say there might have been a Skies of Arcadia playable demo on the disk as well. Do you still have the list of games from the demo?

I might need to look up some gameplay to see if it's the right game actually because it looks like it's most likely the one that I played but I mostly remember the combat being sort of interesting.

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SubwayD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matatat: Here's lists of what's on the EU and US demo disks. The American list is just a file from GameFAQs, so it's a little harder to navigate, but it appears to all be there.

zerogeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello hello, new member here with a request to help identify an old arcade game from the early 1990s. Wouldn't have been any later than 1995.

It was a side scroller, 3D isometric viewpoint where you controlled a dude in a fedora armed with a gun (upgradeable, I think), making your way through environments and shooting enemies. You could get a dynamite power up that allowed you to lob handfuls of it around very rapidly. Stages seemed to be forests, jungles, mountains and the like.

For a long time I thought it might be Growl, but I've sat through a playthrough and it's definitely not - the main sprite in my game was smaller and always armed with a gun. Similar in look to Grant in the Genesis/MegaDrive version of Jurassic Park.

The defining memory I have of it is one enemy in particular - a killer tree with a face on the front and a long tendril that swept around trying to snag you. If it clipped you, that was it - you'd be dragged into its mouth and insta-killed. That bugger is the reason I rage quit playing as a frustrated young teenager, but I'm hoping somebody else can help me figure out what game this was so I can finally put this to rest!

If anybody here can help, I would much appreciate it :)

erdemozor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi, does anyone know the name of the facebook game;

I think has "Villains" in the name

you fight multiplayer

there are animal characters i remember a panda

and unlockable guns

you were able to send mystery gifts

Thank you for reading.

Sparrow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm looking for some games i played as a kid. it was on a mac, and it was played in our browser (chrome). it was on a website for childrens games. there were 2-3 very similar ones, which were probably related. they were puzzle type games, the one i remember most clearly was one where you had to collect pieces for some machine/temple looking thing. i know one part of it you had to find bananas on some island to exchange with a monkey for something, and it was set in a jungle. another involved catching a train to various places.