The "Can't remember the name of this game" Thread v3.0

magikPolarBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@x19 This game must've come out in the late 90s or early 2000s. It was played on either a Gameboy Advance or Color I'm positive. Sort of pixelated in the same style as zelda and pokemon i think. The cover had a girl with brown hair and i think a minotaur and castle? The gameplay involved a maze and i think talking to NPCs. The maze was made of hedges. And there was bridges with a river somewhere

boycuoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2052  Edited By boycuoi

Hi guys ! This is my game detail :

- Game play like Insaniquarium but not feed fish. You can hire warrior , troll , soldier .. hit elf or leprechaun look a like to drop gold.

- It's PC game , release time after Insaniquarium - 2006 , in 3D.

Thank 4 ur read.

WingedHyouka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2053  Edited By WingedHyouka

Hello, everyone. Hmm... Let's see.

The game was a 16/32 bit JRPG, very reminiscent of FF VI, and this is one of the biggest things I remember, it was completely in Japanese, I didn't understand it at all, I'm not aware if it was ported in any other language, it was definitely NOT on PC, and it was during or before the PSX era, probably around the late 90s, I got this post-apocalyptic feeling from it, it showed destroyed roads n' such, used very dark moody colors, like dark reds and greys, it was like a Final Fantasy game as in you control your characters around the map in top-down view and battles were turn based, I believe side-view battles with menus n' such where you chose the attacks. I know it was rather modern or futuristic because the characters used guns and close combat weapons.

The main protagonists were a boy and a girl, but on the intro of the game only the girl appeared, I believe she had pink or purple hair, something in that color grid, the boy I don't remember, and later on there was another character, that, for some reason, I think he was very reminiscent of Kakashi, from Naruto, maybe he had white spiky hair or something, though, don't take these hair colors too seriously, because it might be my memory playing tricks on me.

I also remember the intro of the game showing a building, maybe a tower, and the girl was getting inside this machine while a group of people watched, and a robot-like figure gets in the building, the people try to stop it, and when it finally reaches the girl the machine starts, so I believe it was either a time machine or a warp machine, later when the game actually starts, you get in control of the boy, and it takes a little while until the girl becomes playable.

I tried to be as descriptive I could, I really appreciate any info on this game, I've searched it 3 or more times already in Sega/Nintendo game lists, I might have missed something, since there are quite a few games, I don't rule out Wonderswan Color and other such platform, but I find it a bit unlikely.

Dailyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got two games, both of them for Windows 93/95. So, I'm assuming MS-DOS but don't hold me to that.

The first game was a little interesting. You played as a dude who wore a red hat, a blue hoodie/sweater, and green shorts. The red hat covered the guys's face so basically he had that whole "Final Fantasy Black Mage my face is covered up" sorta thing going. The goal of the game was to navigate through rooms looking for car parts. Then you would use the car parts to make a car which would compete in races. There was puzzle solving and stuff like that, it was great. Better car parts would make a better car, I think you were racing against your nemesis or something? I don't remember.

The second game was pretty straight forward. It was a racing game, a cart racer, like Mario Kart, only all the characters were muscular sharks. There's a possibility it has some relation to Street Sharks, however, I cannot find any information on any Street Sharks video games.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2055  Edited By damodar

@dailyman: With the second one, are you sure that they were ALL sharks? Wacky Wheels was a DOS kart racer that had a shark.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#2056  Edited By BeachThunder

@dailyman said:

I've got two games, both of them for Windows 93/95. So, I'm assuming MS-DOS but don't hold me to that.

The first game was a little interesting. You played as a dude who wore a red hat, a blue hoodie/sweater, and green shorts. The red hat covered the guys's face so basically he had that whole "Final Fantasy Black Mage my face is covered up" sorta thing going. The goal of the game was to navigate through rooms looking for car parts. Then you would use the car parts to make a car which would compete in races. There was puzzle solving and stuff like that, it was great. Better car parts would make a better car, I think you were racing against your nemesis or something? I don't remember.

That sounds an awful lot like Gizmos and Gadgets.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

@beachthunder: That has to be it. Also, that was one of my favorite games as a kid.

Dailyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damodar: It's hard to say. There might have been non-shark characters, but I'm fairly certain it was mainly sharks. I'm pretty sure Wacky Wheels isn't it, but it's damn close.

No Caption Provided

Whoever this character was, he was in the game (....I think)

Incubus13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC][2005?]Weird Action/rpg/card game

Platform(s): I played this game on PC in 2006 or so after buying it in the bargain bin at a Best Buy.

Genre: Part Action, part RPG, part card battler.

Estimated year of release: 2004-6

Notable gameplay mechanics: In this game, battle was done between you and the map enemies via card battles. Each victory added new cards you could add to your deck. You navigated around the map, able to choose when & who you battled next.

Other details: I remember there being different "lands" which sort of coincided with the cards you could earn. There was a lush green forest world and the cards I remember from that world were some hornets or wasps.

Incubus13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2060  Edited By Incubus13

SOLVED - Legend of Legaia [PS1?][2000?]Unique RPG with turn based battles where you input special attacks like Up Up Down Back to get bonus attacks.

Platform(s): I THINK it was a PS1, but I played it during the time I had a PS2 and a N64, so it could be either of those as well.

Genre: RPG with fighting game elements

Estimated year of release: 1999 or so

Graphics/art style: I think graphically it looked like a JRPG

Notable characters: I remember there being more than 2 characters

Notable gameplay mechanics: This was a turn based RPG, like an old Final Fantasy, I think. What was notable, was on each attack, you could input "combos" of button pushes. You started off by only having 2 or 3 button combos. You could unlock longer, more powerful ones.

Other details: I seem to recall the case being predominately green and black.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2061  Edited By damodar
Incubus13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damodar. You nailed that one, fast! Thank you, and well done! Now, hopefully someone will help me with my PC RPG/Card battler as well.

@damodar said:

@incubus13: That RPG combat system sounds a lot like Legend of Legaia

lexisyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2064  Edited By lexisyeah

Hi guys,

Does anyone remember a pc game that has the following:

You start off as a boy in your bedroom; it's a puzzle game but unfortunately I can't remember what you're trying to figure out.

First you climb down the drainpipe and search a bakery. I'm pretty sure in this bakery you pick up an iced bun (which you will use later on in the quest to get info from someone else).

You also find someone called Lola in a strip club, a painter who is ambidextrous and someone called Royston in a park. In the park there is a famous piece of classical music playing, but I can't remember what it's called. There's also a bit where you have to put a band aid round a hose to stop it from leaking.

Later you go to an art gallery where the curator is sleeping, and to get past him you put roller skates on him. Such a random game!

I'd be so grateful if anyone remembers what it's called!

Avatar image for flyingsoldierjc
FlyingSoldierJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to remember a game from my childhood. I believe it was made in the 1990s. You play as a cop/agent in a blu-ish car with guns and missiles. Throughout the game you're fighting bad guys being lead by a man named Lazarus. Pretty sure it's a Playstation One game. Any help figuring what game it is would be appreciated.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#2066 fisk0  Moderator

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to remember a game from my childhood. I believe it was made in the 1990s. You play as a cop/agent in a blu-ish car with guns and missiles. Throughout the game you're fighting bad guys being lead by a man named Lazarus. Pretty sure it's a Playstation One game. Any help figuring what game it is would be appreciated.

Sounds a bit like Auto Destruct from 1998.

Loading Video...

giantlep1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2067  Edited By giantlep1

What is the name of this game?

Name of this game? (i am going to space it out so it's easier to read)

it was a multiplayer 1st/3rd person shooter (you could switch at will)

the game has it's own website (which is the name of the game) (it got taken off it's original website (which i don't remember the name of))

you fight with people/robots (basically you could be a human with a robot suit on or a full robot) (it had a class type of thing) (again u could change it at will)

you can speed up and if you went to fast it'll say a "velocity warning"

they used real guns and laser guns

when you speed up it leaves like neon lights behind you

1 of the maps was all sand with a building under ground

it was F2P (free 2 play) and on the PC (i can't guess the generation because i truly have no idea)

it was a downloadable game

if you held down the speed up button without moving (which for me was the right mouse button) your character would kinda just hover in place

1 of the maps had the word "forgotten" in the its title (it was pretty much the best map) (i think it was forgotten palace)

it had all the standard modes (capture the flag, team death match, free for all, ETC)

there was a button your could press to kill yourself

it was like the game "tribes: ascend" so you could go really high in the air and stuff

when you killed someone they would blow up into pieces

1 of the maps had all grass had 2 huge towers on both ends of the map (well i say end but they were pretty close together) (really wish i could remember the name of the map)

there was a lobby type system and you could pick which room you wanted to join

when you captured the flag your character would hold it in his hand and also you could throw the flag

you could charge some weapons up (like 1 of the sniper weapons)

all i can remember for now hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about this game was a lot of fun (also it is not a recent game it was from a couple years back)

Lazyjacob90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, this one's been bugging me for a long time. I remember playing a CD-rom game that I found at my library back in -98, it was made by a british company (I think)

It was a learning game meant for 8 - 10 ears old kids, I reckon, and the story was that aliens had crash landed on Earth and had to find parts to fix their ship and fly back into space. They also had to pose as people from Earth so they wouldn't attract attention from the police (I think)

It was a point and click style game and the art-style were mostly real life pictures with some cutouts of people that reminded me of Monty Python.

I remember one mission where you had to go to a fast food restaurant and take orders, go to a school and do a spelling essay, watch Romeo and Juliet at the cinema.

Hope this helps and good luck finding it.

InquiringGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright! After spending hours and hours trying to find details of this game and coming up empty handed, I'm posting here seeking your help internet ;)

The game was for NES, probably an early 90s release. It was a side scrolling action/adventure, where you're a guy in black shades (IIRC) and you have a gun/blaster. The game was single plane, so no walking into the foreground or background. The setting was was Sci-Fi futuristic - perhaps slightly dystopian. Each level had a different vehicle you could find and hop in. The first level had a robot with legs you could hop on top of, on of the later levels had a spider vehicle than could defy gravity and walk on the side of walls and the ceiling I believe. The game wasn't terribly hard. I seem to recall a color palette with purple and black, fairly dark colors.

I know it wasn't Shatterhand, Street Fighter 2010, Powerblade, Metroid, or Silius, but was similar to these in one facet or another.

BullyDemise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

What was the name of that game the Staff played recently on Unprofessional Friday's (i think...) where the game's premise is you go to your friends workplace that is a nuclear plant, he goes to the bathroom and tells you not to push any buttons. The game starts with just a console and a shiny red button to push...that you shouldn't push.

A link to the video would be as much appreciated as the name :)

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

What was the name of that game the Staff played recently on Unprofessional Friday's (i think...) where the game's premise is you go to your friends workplace that is a nuclear plant, he goes to the bathroom and tells you not to push any buttons. The game starts with just a console and a shiny red button to push...that you shouldn't push.

A link to the video would be as much appreciated as the name :)

Please, Don't Touch Anything

NishT96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2073  Edited By NishT96

Hey wats up guys

There is a PC game I used to play a little like halo where you go to a planet which the people had bases in but out of no where communications are lost and the bases are attacked ( like a futuristic army base but halo style people)

You are sent to find out what's happened and you can use viechles with lasers

I think the first mission is where you find this other halo type of guy in a building within the bAse and he tells u stuff and you help him

Also within the game you have different couloir viechles the higher ranked officers have blue hover viechles but regulars ones to start with have orange

Also in one of the missions you have to protect a women in a builder machine who has to build a power grid for the base, from aliens in hover viechles aswll

Also you can build power grids and other building aswell for the base

Also there is a big machine/ viechles that makes new Viechles and machines for you and you can make only a few at certain times. Also you it's a bit futuristic but a good game

Lastly in between missions when the game is loading there is a voice of a man talking with a still image of. Giant orange spaceship with lights and he says something like how did I get here.

Also you can walk on the ground aswell the graphics are pretty good aswell on the game

If anyone can tell me the name of the game that would be brilliant please.

I think the game was made in the 90s / early 2000s

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2075  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

@nisht96 said:

Hey wats up guys

There is a PC game I used to play a little like halo where you go to a planet which the people had bases in but out of no where communications are lost and the bases are attacked ( like a futuristic army base but halo style people)

You are sent to find out what's happened and you can use viechles with lasers

I think the first mission is where you find this other halo type of guy in a building within the bAse and he tells u stuff and you help him

Also within the game you have different couloir viechles the higher ranked officers have blue hover viechles but regulars ones to start with have orange

Also in one of the missions you have to protect a women in a builder machine who has to build a power grid for the base, from aliens in hover viechles aswll

Also you can build power grids and other building aswell for the base

Also there is a big machine/ viechles that makes new Viechles and machines for you and you can make only a few at certain times. Also you it's a bit futuristic but a good game

Lastly in between missions when the game is loading there is a voice of a man talking with a still image of. Giant orange spaceship with lights and he says something like how did I get here.

Also you can walk on the ground aswell the graphics are pretty good aswell on the game

If anyone can tell me the name of the game that would be brilliant please.

I think the game was made in the 90s / early 2000s

Sounds like Battlezone II or one of the Uprising games (maybe Uprising 2: Lead and Destroy?).

BarBar175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi, so ill try and be as descriptive as possible

The game I am thinking was being played at my school around 2002ish, It involved two guys, who could be controlled from the same keyboard, essentially using a laser that shoots at the ground and avoid these red monster guys, it was 2D and usually involved avoiding the red guys and getting the white and blue maybe? scientist/guy to a specific point in the level, often having to figure out ahead of time what blocks to shoot or maybe there was also a drill involved, and then fall down into the correct spot, I remember you being able to see the screen and where everything was before you started playing. That's all I really remember, but its been driving me crazy, any help is appreciated.

Tec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2077  Edited By Tec

I remember a game in the Xbox (I'm pretty sure it's 360, but there's a tiny, tiny chance it's the original Xbox)

It was made some time before 2010, probably after 2000, as it has pretty good 3D graphics.

The Genre is definitely fantasy, and probably action and roleplaying.

You can play as several different characters, but I only remember two, a water-magic-girl who can make bubbles of water, and is followed around by a little bubble, and a giant golem. I vaguely remember a guy with a sword that made red-trails when he swung it, but I might be thinking about something else. All the stories are connected and affect each other, at one point either the golem or girl gets defeated depending on which you play on a scene where they fight, there's a different ending based on the actions you take, I think the golem kills himself in one ending?

I used to play it on a family console, and when I asked the people who I shared the console with, they couldn't remember the name either, but I was told it had the word "Knights" in it. I'm not too sure if that's true, however, as I can't remember the name at all.

I really hope someone knows about it, as most people I ask can't remember anything past a vague detail. (Seriously, the most specific one was "That game with the grunting people?")

thepullquotes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tec said:

I remember a game in the Xbox (I'm pretty sure it's 360, but there's a tiny, tiny chance it's the original Xbox)

It was made some time before 2010, probably after 2000, as it has pretty good 3D graphics.

The Genre is definitely fantasy, and probably action and roleplaying.

You can play as several different characters, but I only remember two, a water-magic-girl who can make bubbles of water, and is followed around by a little bubble, and a giant golem. I vaguely remember a guy with a sword that made red-trails when he swung it, but I might be thinking about something else. All the stories are connected and affect each other, at one point either the golem or girl gets defeated depending on which you play on a scene where they fight, there's a different ending based on the actions you take, I think the golem kills himself in one ending?

I used to play it on a family console, and when I asked the people who I shared the console with, they couldn't remember the name either, but I was told it had the word "Knights" in it. I'm not too sure if that's true, however, as I can't remember the name at all.

I really hope someone knows about it, as most people I ask can't remember anything past a vague detail. (Seriously, the most specific one was "That game with the grunting people?")

Kameo: Elements of Power?

thepullquotes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xbox/360 era. it could be a skating game, platformer or a driving game.

There is a mission/side mission in which a man is locked in a box/boot of a car on a small island off the mainland.

The game is set in a built up city, it might be noirish but the game was dark in colour, buildings covering the dark sky(about 6 stories tall.

This island was one road with no offshoots, so a single lap which would take about one minute, I feel like the mission was like a skitching mission or a chase.

Lazyjacob90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

@tec: The only game that I can think of off the top of my head is N3: Ninety-Nine Nights for the XBOX 360
Hope this helps

Tec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2081  Edited By Tec

@lazyjacob90: Unbelievable, I thought my memory was terrible enough to get a completely different game, but someone actually found it after not thinking about it at all for over 6 years. Thank you so much

NishT96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fisk0: hey man it was battle zone 2 thanks soo much bro

Is battlezone 1 or 2 better bro

Thanks again

zaaraki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2083  Edited By zaaraki

Hi there! I'm trying so hard to remember a game that I played in my childhood.

I controlled an ship to catch some balls in the air (blue, red and yellow balls, I guess), and I had to pass in some circles floating in the air to get the points. For every ball that I had, they formed a "tail" in the ship. Also, there was another ship fighting against me, catching the balls, and I think I could shoot him. The ships were flying in the desert.

It was a PC game. Can someone help me???

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2084 fisk0  Moderator

@nisht96 said:

@fisk0: hey man it was battle zone 2 thanks soo much bro

Is battlezone 1 or 2 better bro

Thanks again

I'm really fond of Battlezone 1, which had a way crazier and more original story, set on the moon in the 1960's. Battlezone II went with a bit more generic alien invasion plot, (it's got a really great intro cutscene though) but it's graphics hold up better, and the developers Pandemic kept patching the game up until EA closed them down in 2009 (as the game was released in 1999, they supported it actively for 10 years!).

Battlezone II is a bit harder to get hold of these days, since it's not on GOG, but Battlezone 1 is freely available on http://battlezone1.com/

ksl771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm looking for a game i played back in the late 90s.

I played it on a PC, it was either in MS-DOS, Window 95 or 98.

No Caption Provided

It was a first person escape game similar to MYST, but it had more Da Vinci flavor. I remember the setting was a castle or a dungeon in a castle. The goal is to escape by finding clues. One of the puzzle was the Cryptex like the image. There were also other Da Vinci sketches like his flying machine, etc...

Please help me, thank you.

FinnyBojangles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2086  Edited By FinnyBojangles

So, there was this PC game that I used to watch my cousin play. He was about 17 at the time and this was around 2005 but the game might be older than that.

It was an RPG fantasy game and you had a dog with you that you could send back into town to sell stuff while you were in the dungeon. You could also give him potions that turned him into a monster to protect you.

When you died, death could either bring you back to life for a price or send you back to town.

I don't remember what any of the enemies looked like but the logo of the game was a monster chest (like a mimic).

If anybody remembers what this game might be called, that would be awesome. thanks!

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

typhoomaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope i can still get a reply for this on, so here goes.

Remember installing a game on my old windows XP computer, like 13 years ago or something. The game first started with a woman waking up in a room, with a locked door... from what i remember there is an alien like thing in full view. i remember knowing nothing when i played it, as i was like 10 years old. it had a dark, science fiction feel to it. as the room gave me the thought it was on a space ship, as there was pipes around, steam... and that alien thing, which looked like tentacles, and it moved in a way, like it was slowly breathing in and out. Again, old PC game, this was during the time when i bought £1 games from Poundland, so i may have gotten it from there. it's 3D, third person. i literally can't remember any solid memories of the game, it's all in pieces

ChampyBit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ChampyBit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tristannanaya: Possibly Seven Blades? A very early PS2 title set in feudal Japan with a choice between a male (dressed in white) and female (dressed kind of ninja-y) and quite a bit of blood. It could even be mistaken for Ronin Blade at a quick glance (or by a vague memory). It's not in black and white, though; like charlie_victor_bravo suggested, the only one like that which comes to mind is Blood WIll Tell.

Your comment that "for some reason" you could "only" pick one of two characters also makes me think of Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven, which clearly shows three characters on the initial selection screen, but one is blacked out and unselectable until you have finished the game with the other two. It's an early-ish PS2 title (2003), although still not black and white (even though the early areas are very dull snow settings, IIRC)

Relshak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This one's been driving me crazy. I know it's a rhythm game (I wanna say 3DS) and I think Giant Bomb even quick-looked it. I don't think it's idolm@ster 1 or 2, because none of those characters seem to have eye patches.

Thanks!

TheGreatYesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2092  Edited By TheGreatYesus

There was a 2D pixelated shooter platformer for the pc..... I dont remember when it came out. Its something like Duck Game. It had a bit of customization. Not sure whether it was on steam or online. It didint have any aliens... space people or something, it had army guys. I would love the person to bits if they would tell me! Oh and also it was free to play.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

So, there was this PC game that I used to watch my cousin play. He was about 17 at the time and this was around 2005 but the game might be older than that.

It was an RPG fantasy game and you had a dog with you that you could send back into town to sell stuff while you were in the dungeon. You could also give him potions that turned him into a monster to protect you.

When you died, death could either bring you back to life for a price or send you back to town.

I don't remember what any of the enemies looked like but the logo of the game was a monster chest (like a mimic).

If anybody remembers what this game might be called, that would be awesome. thanks!

Could be Fate, kinda the precursor to Torchlight.

ChampyBit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2094  Edited By ChampyBit

@relshak: I didn't recognise the screenshot, but a Google Image search for "maid eye patch purple hair" turned up a picture of a character that looked like her, and lead me to the answer: That's Mari from a game called Dream C Club. Apparently it's a dating sim, which might be why you weren't finding it as a rhythm game.

Relshak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@relshak: I didn't recognise the screenshot, but a Google Image search for "maid eye patch purple hair" turned up a picture of a character that looked like her, and lead me to the answer: That's Mari from a game called Dream C Club. Apparently it's a dating sim, which might be why you weren't finding it as a rhythm game.

Oh weird, then my memory was way off!

That definitely looks right though, thanks!

(dangit, why couldn't it be a rhythm game)

ChampyBit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ChampyBit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zolroyce: I'm pretty sure that the second game you're talking about is Three Fourths Home, especially with the extra info you added in your second post.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@champybit: Yes! That's it, almost expected no one to find it haha, good job, thanks!