The "Can't remember the name of this game" Thread v3.0

bonzobenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Help would be appreciated, my mind and google skills are drained. Hopefully it shouldn't be too difficult because it has been featured on Giant Bomb in some capacity.

I just have this image of a western game and Vinny just pulling his gun and shooting a dude. I'm think about buying Westerado so I think that's why I thought of it but looking back on the quick look it wasn't Westerado. I'm not sure whether it was a quick look or some other feature. I thought it was recent but it could easily be an old game; it had pixel graphics I think.

Thanks

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Help would be appreciated, my mind and google skills are drained. Hopefully it shouldn't be too difficult because it has been featured on Giant Bomb in some capacity.

I just have this image of a western game and Vinny just pulling his gun and shooting a dude. I'm think about buying Westerado so I think that's why I thought of it but looking back on the quick look it wasn't Westerado. I'm not sure whether it was a quick look or some other feature. I thought it was recent but it could easily be an old game; it had pixel graphics I think.

Thanks

The only thing I really can think of is Law of the West - but that was released 3 decades ago, so, um, it's not exactly recent. But there is an Encyclopedia Bombastica on the game with Vinny in it:

Loading Video...

bonzobenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bonzobenny said:

Thanks

The only thing I really can think of is Law of the West - but that was released 3 decades ago, so, um, it's not exactly recent. But there is an Encyclopedia Bombastica on the game with Vinny in it:

Loading Video...

No that must be it! Yea I was getting confused thinking it was an indie game like Westerado but interesting it's something so old. I apologise to Vinny, looks like he wasn't the one that pulled the trigger! Thank you :)

Makandriaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am trying to find a game I played with my kids when they were little. It was between 12 or 15 years ago (early 2000's) it might be older. We played on a HP Pavillion desktop. It was about this kid on a skateboard or maybe hoverboard, that travelled the world from left to right kind of like Mario World. or Megaman getting objects and losing lives. It had that distinctive music games of that era had. It was fast and fun (I am sure when I find it, it will not look as good as I remember). I do not remember what was it called. Please help! I thing the genre is Platformer.

nikolinhares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello guys, i am trying to find a game that i played when i was a kid. I think that the period was around 2001-2006 but the game maybe release before that since things get delayed in my country. It was a playstation 1 game. Very futuristic and the gameplay was fun, very well design. Great graphics very colorful and the maps/levels mind blowing. You control various spaceships just like the red one in the game WipEout 2097. The objective was to score a "goal" and the ball was a disc just like hockey. I think that was 1v1 game, maybe more. you drived thru the ball and then gripped into the middle of the spaceship, the goal was floating yu could drive pass then. Sorry for bad english and thank you very much.

Keep the good work going!

ElajasPajas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2206  Edited By ElajasPajas

I used 2 play this game when i was a kid, It was an old 1st person arena game where u could choose between diffrent monsters and fight in diffrent maps, I remember a pigman and a big stone creture who was imune 2 lava, u could also play as a human, I dont remeber the other monsters but there was more. If i'm not mistaken the graphics where kinda like the "Drakan order of the flame" pc game.

SlicedOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

adolf_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2208  Edited By adolf_hippie

Please help: I remember reading about a first-person game (I don't even know if it was released) set in a (alternate timeline?) Nazi controlled city where you are a factory worker who can escape. Also I think it had a monochrome stylized art. Thanks.

Avatar image for the-dude-abiding
the-dude-abiding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello, I have been looking for this game for some time. It was a shooter. Here are some things that I remember about it:

Platform(s): PC (DOS or windows)

Genre: Shooter (Third Person - if I recall correctly)

Estimated year of release: 1995 - 2000

Graphics/art style: 3D

The player controlled a soldier / commando / mercenary that had to move around an island shooting enemies. He could also drive vehicles (jeeps or buggies) that were found around the island.

I have the idea that the name had "DOG" on it, but I'm not sure. Maybe it was some other 3 letter title...

Thanks in advance for your help.

EDIT: Someone somewhere else found the game I was looking for! It is called "D.O.G. Fight For Your Life". Here is a game play video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHPTfXDgH2o

zaros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a game which I have spent years looking for, it's similar to Astro tripper, you control a space craft and you are on some kind of space platform, you can see your ship in top down view, the platform is like an arena with different sections where you can gather weapon upgrades for your ship, there were also lots of AI ships which you needed to destroy, I also think I remember when you died you would be in a new ship, it was a really addictive game, thank you so much for taking time to help me find it.

RoadTheExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2211  Edited By RoadTheExile

Hey everyone, I have two games I've been trying to hunt down. Both are from the PC.

The first game I kinda remember was something I played once when gamefly [CORRECTION, I think the company that ran the free roation was called game tap] tried to drum up buisness by offer a rotation of free games. Based on the graphics I would place it's date of origin around 2003 but I could be wrong. The graphics had a very dark and bleak color pallet. It was a top down real time RPG.

The premise of the game as I remember is you are a special type of person (I believe they were called inquisitors in game) that roam around investigating supsicous things. You are sent to a town by a swamp to investigate a suspicious murder in a way only you can do, in the first part of the game you are tasked with hunting down herbs and a lock and the body of the murdered. Than you ingest a potion that brings you to the brink of death or something and you enter a supernatural realm in which you must pass through a specific portal based on how the person who died you are trying to commune with died (IE portal of the drowned, portal of the poisoned etc) this was set in a place that looked like a Gothic cathedral complete with odd paintings or mosaics to label the portals. Over the course of the game you find more and more people die and come to the conclusion this is no accident.

One other nugget is your type keeps their abilities a close secret, if you fail to procure a lock before you interrogate the dead man while you commune with him the mayor barges into your house and discovers you doing something weird with a corpse and you are given a game over as you are burned at the stake for being a witch (if I remember correctly). Given it's dark themes I'd wager it'd be rated M.

The other game I am trying to track down is also a top down real time RPG but I only played the demo so I'm not sure how much light I can shed. The interface looked similar to the original Neverwinter nights if I recall but it's theme was much more light hearted. Based on graphics I'd place the release around 2005.

The plot of the demo started you off in some elven tree village, which featured a side quest in which an elven armorer is trying to make some elvish armor but can't remember how many times to fold or how many squares of fabric to use or something. He sends you off to ask his master and if you relay the correct info you get a nice set of armor but if you give him the wrong info he "tries his best" and gives you something that's of subpar quality.

After that you are sent into the places below the tree village on some quest but when you return you are informed you have some dire sickness. You are than sent to a cave with a magic fountain that can cure you, the demo ends at around that point.

The one other nugget I remember is that you could either befriend or summon (permanently) an ice creature that looked similar to a crude humanoid figure roughly hewn from ice though very short and that floated on a cloud of icy winds.

Any help or leads would be greatly appreciated.

TonyBlue87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beachthunder said:
@bonzobenny said:

Thanks

Loading Video...

No that must be it! Yea I was getting confused thinking it was an indie game like Westerado but interesting it's something so old. I apologise to Vinny, looks like he wasn't the one that pulled the trigger! Thank you :)

Actually, Vinny did pull the trigger. Law of the West made a guest appearance in the Sleeping Dogs: Nightmare in North Point Quick Look. Skip to the 55:00 mark.

Loading Video...

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please help: I remember reading about a first-person game (I don't even know if it was released) set in a (alternate timeline?) Nazi controlled city where you are a factory worker who can escape. Also I think it had a monochrome stylized art. Thanks.

Are you thinking of Turning Point Fall of Liberty? The game starts with you as a construction worker or something like that escaping a building the Nazi's are bombing.
Gameplay.

Giantbomb Page.

adolf_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zolroyce: No, but thanks. It had a different, "indy" artstyle.

Kadark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember two games from my past actually. Both I recall on the Sega Genesis (Or Master System for those in Europe)

Both games I believe were around the early to mid 90's, I remember them distinctly because I would play them over at a friend's house alot.

Game One: It was a game almost like The Chaos Engine where it was top down, I think you played as two soldiers that were kinda like Rambo I believe. I do remember the last boss looking like he either had a 40k Commisar outfit in a floating bubble drone much like something Dr. Wily would fly in, or he looked like a Nazi without all the symbols.

Game Two: This one was a squad-based game where you chose a number of soldiers at a time. One player played a red team and another played a blue team. Each soldier did something different and you could choose between them and make them do different things. The goal was to eliminate the other team (as far as I remember)

Been searching for these but nothing has come up.

neilx96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the life of me I can't remember this game, any help in pointing me in the right direction would be highly appreciated...

I am sure about the following - It was on Playstation 1, around 1998-2002, I remember playing it on a demo disc in 2001.

I seem to recall that the title was short, with a letter and a number mabe, like C12, but it was something else.

Also possibly something about "red"

I also recall that the game was on 4 discs, but I can't be 100% sure about this.

I played a scene in the game where you walked around (playing a male person) in a spaceship or maybe it was

just a futuristic warehouse or research lab. I remember you had a handgun or similar gun and that there were droids or

robots (almost like R2D2) shooting if an alarm were triggered or if you came into contact with them. There were also other alarms

and booby traps that could be triggered and I think quite a bit of puzzle solving e.g. get this - unlocks that. Any help would be appreciated

neilx96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would also like some help in trying to find two older console games...

The first game was on the NES or more likely on the Famicom console system, I remember playing the game between 1996 and 1998, but it could have been made earlier. It was a side scrolling action shooter, almost like Mega Man. I seem to recall that you could choose from 5 stages before you start the game, possibly with a difficulty factor, so basically you could start on a different level each time. Also I recall that the stages were distinct in colour - yellow, blue, black, but it was so long ago, I can't be sure of this. I also seem to recall that you played as some kind of robot, jumping, shooting and also ducking. On one stage there were cluster bombs, exploding in all directions and you had to duck/jump to avoid the spikes that the bomb released.

The second game was on the SNES or least likely on the Sega 16 bit system, I remember playing the game between 1996 and 1998. I am not sure about the genre. I seem to recall two distinct stages/levels in the game. The first stage that I remember, you had to jump from car to car or possibly from motorcycles on a highway, I recall that there were a lot of these. The second stage that I remember, you had to climb a burning hospital or building on the outside.

I know this is not a lot to go on, but any suggestions would be highly appreciated!

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2218  Edited By damodar

@neilx96 said:

For the life of me I can't remember this game, any help in pointing me in the right direction would be highly appreciated...

I am sure about the following - It was on Playstation 1, around 1998-2002, I remember playing it on a demo disc in 2001.

I seem to recall that the title was short, with a letter and a number mabe, like C12, but it was something else.

Also possibly something about "red"

I also recall that the game was on 4 discs, but I can't be 100% sure about this.

I played a scene in the game where you walked around (playing a male person) in a spaceship or maybe it was

just a futuristic warehouse or research lab. I remember you had a handgun or similar gun and that there were droids or

robots (almost like R2D2) shooting if an alarm were triggered or if you came into contact with them. There were also other alarms

and booby traps that could be triggered and I think quite a bit of puzzle solving e.g. get this - unlocks that. Any help would be appreciated

Well there totally WAS a PS1 game called C-12: Final Resistance. Never played it, just saw it in magazine ads, so I can't say how well it matches the rest of your description. The story was to do with aliens wanting to harvest Earth of all its carbon, with C12 being the most common carbon isotope, I believe.

neilx96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damodar: Nah, I only mentioned C12 because the game that I'm thinking of had a similar title. Something like C12, D2000, Red17 etc. etc. , but even so, I could be mistaken. Playing the game, gave me a sense of Resident Evil 2, with fixed background scenes in every room that you entered, it was not a first person shooter, but more like Metal Gear Solid, but with more of a sideways view. I also remember some of the doors had laser beams which upon stepping through set of the alarms. These droids as mentioned then came and blasted the living daylights out of you. It gave me quite a feeling of having to be stealthy. Anyway, thanks for the help! This is driving me crazy!

UberSp00ning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2220  Edited By UberSp00ning

I'm having trouble trying to find a game that I swear is for the PS1, here's what I can remember.

It was a game where you played what I believe to be a spy, or some military man, making the genre lead towards action/stealth generally, I also think it was like Metal Gear Solid in a way. I think the very first level took place in an office building where there were enemy guys. I think you could use stealth to bypass or just outright kill the guys, but I'm not quite sure. I distinctly remember that you could use or attack soda machines within this building and actually pick up soda that dropped from it, more than likely to restore health. The playable character had a brown/ orangish flat top (I think) and wore a blue shirt (I think once again). Also, I believe that there was an early point within starting in the office building that you entered a balcony where you could view the city off in the distance, and that the time of day was night as evident by the dimly lit interior of the building itself. If I remember correctly, the game had tank controls, though that could be incorrect.

I'm not sure if this is enough to go off of but any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

atomicoldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got two that have been bugging me for a while. They were PC games, I can't remember how long ago it was since I had them, but I want to say it was around the Dreamcast era. One of them was an RPG, lead character was female, I think you started in a desert-like location. The back of the box said something along the lines of "if you loved FFVII you'll love this!" The other game I believe came bundled with it, or at the very least I got them at the same exact time. You piloted a mech, mostly stomping around a city and taking other mechs out. I think it was a FPS, but some levels had you exiting your mech to go on foot. During those sections, I'm pretty sure it was a third person perspective, though I might be misremembering. What I do remember is that whenever you died outside of the mech, it was hilariously gorey. Like you just exploded blood everywhere.

All that is probably real vague, it's been so long and I never played much of either of them, but some details really stuck around. I doubt either of them were made by any big name publishers, and were likely crapped out by a bunch of no names, but hell if I know.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

JayPB08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 4

@ubersp00ning: Syphon Filter? I only played the first one, so it may have been one of the sequels, but that game is the closest Metal Gear Solid clone I can think of off the PS1...though your character description doesn't match with Gabe Logan

atomicoldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never played this game, but I remember reading a lot about it some years ago, always interested me.

Top down shooter with a ship where you can 'enter' anything to change their properties, including yourself, power-ups, and enemies. Apparently it featured infinite recursion of levels this way (ie enter yourself, then enter yourself while in yourself, then enter a power-up, then an enemy, etc).

Edit: Never mind, found it. It's "Inside a Star-Filled Sky"

PsychoSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay duders, let's see if you can help me out.

I remember playing this game in an arcade of an inn while in vacation in Canada. The only thing I can really remember about it is that you have two characters, one a young boy who looks super anime and the other is an older man who had a more western style art to him. They both wear blue, so I think you possibly turned into the older man through a power up, although they might have been just separate characters. It's a 2D sidescroller that looked kind of like Metal Slug or Mega Man game when it came to the size of the sprites.

neilx96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damodar: @neilx96: Resolved - I managed to track the game down, "In Cold Blood" is an adventure game developed by Revolution Software for the PlayStation and Microsoft Windows in 2000 in Europe and in 2001 in North America. The player assumes the role of John Cord—an MI6 agent who is captured while on assignment and tries to figure out who betrayed him through a series of flashbacks. It was on 2 discs, not 4 as I thought. Don't know why I thought it was C12 or something similar, maybe I associated the word red with blood. Anyways thank for the help!

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neilx96: Haha dammit, I was totally thinking In Cold Blood, but I didn't say it because I didn't play that much of it and I don't think I ever saw any R2-like droids.

LilacKibble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi guys I really need help

The game starts with an f and its the name of the kingdom in the game. This is an iOS game from the android game store for the phone. It's medieval set with a view looking down from the top. You build buildings that help your heroes such as a stall where you buy items for them. You build towers that hold your heroes and upgrade them to hold more of the same class. Your heroes are wizards knights and archers. These heroes level up during the game and then can be promoted to a better class such as knight to paladin. The name of the game is to find or complete the quest given to you in the stage select area. You send your heroes out to find the objectives on the map. If one of your heroes dies you lose them and their stuff and hire a new hero at level 1. I played the game in 2009-2011 so it was made around then

Thanks hope someone knows the game

Staticwizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was a puzzle game that had a side character that gave you hints named Inspiration. I played it on pc sometime in the late 90's and I can only remember inspiration, who was a tall humanoid man made of metal, and that there was a level on a giant chess board. I really don't have many other clues, but my kids watched me play it, and now they are desperate to find out what it was because they used to be super scared of Inspiration and they want to see him again.

Tedh101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2231  Edited By Tedh101

Just remembered a game a played back in early 2000s around the time Ray-Man 3 was just out, I was playing it on PC, the title had one word that was like the name of a place, ending in 'dor' or something. Anyway, there's a guy with brown hair on the cover who you start out as, and you've landed on some planet on this groovy looking spaceship type thing, and it's all foresty and full of rivers and stuff and I think you have like some super-power thing for self-defence idk but that's all I can remember about it I think

pmathias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't stop thinking about this game I use to play at least 10 years ago. I'm pretty sure it was on PS2. All I remember is the main character was a guy and you fought these dark evil people. His main weapon was a sword. But the biggest thing I remember was the ability to summon creatures to help you fight. Each summoned creature had different abilities. I remember one option was to summon 3 or 4 swordsman that you could set to offensive attack or defensive and they would surround you and protect you. I think the best creature you could summon was a dragon-like mechanical creature. I know this is little to no detail. It was similar to Devil May Cry. I hope I'm not mixing two games in my head but this has been eating away at me for the longest time

Avatar image for beepbeepimajeep
Beepbeepimajeep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's twogames bothering me because I cant remember the names of them.

One game is this like shooter platformer type thing for the PS1 and you could play as either this big black man or this cute black girl and it was the future and you went around like a planet or a space station killing aliens. I think it might have been co op too. I remember a cut scene where you watch the protagonists have their armor put on by this machine. Ummm... Killing aliens sometimes made them drop power ups that would change what type of gun you had or restore health i think. It was like 3-D ish i guess.

The second game was like... This PS1 or Sega Dreamcast game where you were on an island and you took care of these animal things that sort of looked like the cute gremlins from that one movie. I remember that the animals needed to be fed, could get sick and i think they could give birth to baby animal things. If they got sick you'd have to go exploring on the island to find medicine. I remember this cave level that had like orc type enemies or something... I thinl there were like fairies or pixies involved in the game too.

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

There was an old PC adventure game that came out in the 90's. All I really remember from it was that you started on a beach in a cage and you had to escape the cage. You might control more than one character and I can picture picking up a spear. This games always been in the back of my mind but for the life of me cant remember anything else about it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Error52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fatalbanana: "Moop and Dreadly: The Treasure on Bing Bong Island"

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@error52: Thanks for trying but the game I'm thinking of stared actual cartoon people. Not a bad guess though.

nemesis4670

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2237  Edited By nemesis4670

Trying to remember the name of this old MMOFPS game. It must have come out in the late 1990s. I played it during the beta stages and bought the actual game when it went retail. It was a futuristic setting and it was a first person shooter and I THINK you could switch to third person also. It had pretty decent 3D graphics for the time and was colorful. I remember grassy area with trees and lots of caves and places to explore. There was a commons area similar to the Tower in DESTINY where you could meet up with other players and purchase things from vendors. It was an open world game where you went on quests. When you first create a character you do training in this open grassy area killing low level enemies. Eventually you get past tutorial and go into more dangerous locations. At that point your loot could be stolen from you by other players if you died and didn't make it back to your body in time. There was a leveling system so players had to rank up. There were these caves you could explore and bosses you could fight and an arena where players could fight each other.

I specifically remember you could find vehicle parts around the world and eventually build a hover craft. The creators of the game could speak to the entire world with server messages to tell them when servers would go down for maintenance and stuff.

Forgive me if it's not enough. I'm going off stream of consciousness trying to remember details. It's in my head but so hard to explain and once I imagine a glimpse of the game it slips away from my memory.

canawave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ciao! I'm Italian, so i will try to explain the game i'm searching for, with the best english/american that i can!

I was a kid and i played that Arcade game in i think maybe 1984-1985 but i'm not shure. It was a Japanese game with Japanese name and Japanese text.

Consist of alternate level: one is an action , you are a boy, many enemies comes quickly and you punch them and go on walking and jumping when enemies dies leaves Japanese letter (points) or a white cat that "meeooww" when you take it, you can power up two Times, the first gives you a knife, the second a sword like katana, when you hit the enemies with sword you slices them in two,if you take another thing (i don't remember what) it's a power down (sword back to knife back to punch) if you jump and hit the platform above you, stupid animation of your head flat and boys crying, at the end of the level you must jump over a big turtle that goes back and forth, you miss it, fall and loose 1-up.

When get the turtle start second type level like a 2D side scrolling shooter like in a space fight with boss at the end.

The Game is full of weird Japanese voice and scream. It was a fast game, the characters was designed like super-deformed Japanese-style (little body, big head)

I'd liked too much, hope you can help find it again and replay it, good luck!

canawave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2240  Edited By canawave

@canawave: find it!!

Ginga Ninkyouden !!

Thanks anyway!!!

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nemesis4670 said:

Trying to remember the name of this old MMOFPS game. It must have come out in the late 1990s. I played it during the beta stages and bought the actual game when it went retail. It was a futuristic setting and it was a first person shooter and I THINK you could switch to third person also. It had pretty decent 3D graphics for the time and was colorful. I remember grassy area with trees and lots of caves and places to explore. There was a commons area similar to the Tower in DESTINY where you could meet up with other players and purchase things from vendors. It was an open world game where you went on quests. When you first create a character you do training in this open grassy area killing low level enemies. Eventually you get past tutorial and go into more dangerous locations. At that point your loot could be stolen from you by other players if you died and didn't make it back to your body in time. There was a leveling system so players had to rank up. There were these caves you could explore and bosses you could fight and an arena where players could fight each other.

I specifically remember you could find vehicle parts around the world and eventually build a hover craft. The creators of the game could speak to the entire world with server messages to tell them when servers would go down for maintenance and stuff.

Forgive me if it's not enough. I'm going off stream of consciousness trying to remember details. It's in my head but so hard to explain and once I imagine a glimpse of the game it slips away from my memory.

This could maybe be Neocron?

nwsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kadark said:

I remember two games from my past actually. Both I recall on the Sega Genesis (Or Master System for those in Europe)

Both games I believe were around the early to mid 90's, I remember them distinctly because I would play them over at a friend's house alot.

Game One: It was a game almost like The Chaos Engine where it was top down, I think you played as two soldiers that were kinda like Rambo I believe. I do remember the last boss looking like he either had a 40k Commisar outfit in a floating bubble drone much like something Dr. Wily would fly in, or he looked like a Nazi without all the symbols.

Game Two: This one was a squad-based game where you chose a number of soldiers at a time. One player played a red team and another played a blue team. Each soldier did something different and you could choose between them and make them do different things. The goal was to eliminate the other team (as far as I remember)

Been searching for these but nothing has come up.

Game Two sounds like General Chaos

Katjakaja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi

There is this old game I don't remember the name of.

We (my little brother and our cousins) played it as a kid, I'm born in 1992. I was around 6-9 years old at the time.

The game was on the computer. Windows 95 or windows 98.

We used a long time to complete the game. But once we finished it, we realised that the game was actually really short. So there was really no meaning of playing it a second time, since we knew what to do. Maybe we only played a demo or a small try out version.

Our grandfather new a lot about technologi, yes really. So it was him who got this game for us to play, most seternly a burned copy or something. It was easy at that time so many of you know.

Anyway, the plot:

It started with a intro- it was in a big house, a nice house. Two people- a boy and a girl, boyfriend and girlfriend I think, and they were looking at this glass ball with a fly inside of it, and the fly was glowing if I remember correcty. After a little bit some bad guys came inside the house, I think they where two. They took the couple and locked them inside the basement and hid the key, and then they drove away.

The couple in the basement told us to go look for the key and help them out. So now we started playing the game.

We had to search the house. We could move around the whole house, clicking on lamps, blankets, closets, pillows, well yeah, almost anything while searching. We used a long time since the house was big and had many rooms, and 4 different floors, I think.

Edventually we search the outside, and opend the garbage can, it was dark. We went inside the kitchen and picked up fire sticks. Then we could lighten up to search the garbage can, and there was the key. We tok it and went down to the basement and rescued the people who was locked inside.

It was singleplayer and we where sort of "the fly on the wall". The game was really colurful, sharp coulers.

I guess the genre was adventure or something, for kids.

Not a game to brag about. But I just want to find out the title because it has been bothering me for a while now. And it is sort of a childhood memory.

Does anyone recognise this game with this description of mine?

I cross my fingers, haha :D

anit662

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2244  Edited By anit662

hello guys.

when i was little i used to play some shooter game. i know that there was a multiplayer. u could play as various characters (i recall there was some that looked like gods from egypt) it had a sci-fi feel. u could adjust the game settings (u could ignore gravity and jump rly high) the aim of the game was that u had a team of 5(?) and an enemy team and u had to eliminate them to win. i dont remember the story of the game cuz i never played it. there was a lot of zones u could choose( a matching one to the egypt char) i tried to google it and found nothing... im thinking about looking from the game lists of 2005 -2008 but its gonna take a long time till i finish it. i hope some1 will know the game ^^

edit: also first person point of view tho u could change it and see ur character. it was a pc game, 3D, i know u could play as a human too, it felt like u were battling the whole universe, aliens, egyptain god like characters, robots idk rly
another edit: i might have found it lol, but im not sure the unreal tournament 2004 i remember a lot of things when i watch the gameplay but im still not sure

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

@canawave: was it Ganbare Goemon: Ooedo Daikaiten? Might be wrong.

canawave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dochaus: No thanks! Someone on Gamespot as already answered me.

The game is "Ginga Ninkyouden" it's anche old game that i played as coin-op that i played about 30 years ago!

Thanks anyway!!

Try that game with MAME

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2247  Edited By damodar

@anit662 said:

hello guys.

when i was little i used to play some shooter game. i know that there was a multiplayer. u could play as various characters (i recall there was some that looked like gods from egypt) it had a sci-fi feel. u could adjust the game settings (u could ignore gravity and jump rly high) the aim of the game was that u had a team of 5(?) and an enemy team and u had to eliminate them to win. i dont remember the story of the game cuz i never played it. there was a lot of zones u could choose( a matching one to the egypt char) i tried to google it and found nothing... im thinking about looking from the game lists of 2005 -2008 but its gonna take a long time till i finish it. i hope some1 will know the game ^^

edit: also first person point of view tho u could change it and see ur character. it was a pc game, 3D, i know u could play as a human too, it felt like u were battling the whole universe, aliens, egyptain god like characters, robots idk rly

another edit: i might have found it lol, but im not sure the unreal tournament 2004 i remember a lot of things when i watch the gameplay but im still not sure

You might be on the right path, sounds like it could be Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict?

anit662

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damodar: i found it, it was unreal tournament after all! im already playing it. i dont even know why it took me 3 years to finally find it lol. but ty for the reply ^^

nemesis4670

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vierastalo: Nah it's not Neo-cron. Thanks for the guess though. It was a First person shooter and all the enemies and characters were sci-fi fantasy... so not just regular humans. There were different races you could choose... I think the choices were a mech looking dude and I think another was a small Frog-like race.

Another thing I remember is that players could buy their own houses in this grassy area outside the "tower" area. Players went on quests to kill certain bosses and find loot. It was a loot driven game and you could find rare armor and weapons.

The most specific thing I remember is finding vehicle parts around the world and eventually you could build a hovercraft with it to get around quickly. You could even drive the hovercraft inside the commons area where the vendors and other players were.

Eventually the devs implemented this Arena mode where you could go apply and fight against other players in this big room. I remember jumping around and firing at other players almost as if we had jetpacks?

I was really young when I played this so I was so incredibly invested and lost in this world for 100s of hours. All I want to do is look back on it and remember everything about it for nostalgia... cuz it's obviously not around anymore. Has to be late 90s or early 2000s.

themaster408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

A friend of mine had this bird's-eye view space game on his PC or Mac. He moved in 1995, so the game had to come out before then. I don't think he had a CD-ROM, so probably a floppy disc game. You control 1 ship, you have shields and lasers. I can't remember if there was cargo or anything else really. I just remember loving it and would love to find it even in video form.

I can tell you it's not Escape Velocity, not as actiony as that, more like a Sim. It kinda looked like EV though.