The Club Penguin Year Long Epic Quest! - Week 2.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

Edited By Hizang

Join me as I spend a year with Club Penguin and let you know whats what!

Week 2 - Sombreros, Ghost Busting and the did Mass Effect style dialogue trees!

And so the fair ends, it was a cool time I suppose but that music really started to grate on my nerves. As the fair has now ended normality has resumed on Club Penguin Island, it looks barren now as most areas are now empty, also no music on any of the outside places. Inside the buildings however they all have there own set music, I really dig the Pizza Pallor music, very classy. But I can tell its going to grate on my nerves, because all it is is the same 10 second track looped endlessly. Anyway as well as the fair leaving it seems that the pirate ship has left, I later discovered that it comes and goes, usually every few months it will return brining with it a bunch of new items, hopefully bigger and better mustachios.

The puffle hats were released on Tuesday, they are what you think they are, hats for your puffles. So like any normal 19 year old I went and bought Cool baby an oversized Sombrero which is double the size of her, because thats how Cool Baby rolls. I also found out that you can buy puffle hats in the real world (I know right!) and you can put them on your plush puffles, it also comes with a code so you can get that hat in the game which you can't buy in the game, I may need to try this! Also this week the new clothing catalog appeared, brining with it a plethora of halloween costumes, I ended up going with a Ghostbusters costume. It comes with a Ghostbuster 3000 which when used with the right attire, you can hunt for ghosts. So when you have the gun and the costume on and just them, when you press the dance button you get your gun out and go and bust some ghosts! I'm over selling it a little because all it is a different dance, no impact on anything.

But enough about all of that, I was sent a iPad like tablet via the mail service, it was blank but had EPF in the top left. I had no idea what it meant until a fellow penguin told me top visit the "Everyday Phoning Facility". There it was revealed that it was not a phoning facility but instead a front for the EPF (Elite Penguin Force.) What I had got sent was an invitation to join, which is only sent to Penguins of good standing. I passed a simple test involving problem solving and agility, and then was granted access to there HQ. Inside was all James Bond, it had cool music, machines everywhere and a bunch of new things for me. I got given my own Spy phone which I can use to teleport around Club Penguin island, receive messages, trade in medals I earn as a member of the EPF and field ops.

Field ops are updated every week, its a riddle that you must solve and once you go to the place it mentions you get given a medal, which you can exchange for cool agent gear. It was a really tough riddle and only once I asked a Penguin for help did I get it, I ended up going with a cool ear piece, but now I'm going to save up for these awesome Sam Fisher Night Vision goggles. I also undertook a mission, these are unlike field ops and take you to a point and click adventure game. The mission involved me finding Aunt Arctics (Club Penguin's Journalist) puffles. This is the first thing in Club Penguin that I actually found not half bad, it was quite simple but it was just a training mission. But it shows good promise and there are things like combining items in your inventory to make something to proceed and translating messages and even Mass Effect style dialogue tree's. I only did this earlier today and started the next mission just to see whats ahead, and yes there are totally dialogue trees!

If you will excuse me I need to go and ponder why i started this, waddle on!

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Hizang

Join me as I spend a year with Club Penguin and let you know whats what!

Week 2 - Sombreros, Ghost Busting and the did Mass Effect style dialogue trees!

And so the fair ends, it was a cool time I suppose but that music really started to grate on my nerves. As the fair has now ended normality has resumed on Club Penguin Island, it looks barren now as most areas are now empty, also no music on any of the outside places. Inside the buildings however they all have there own set music, I really dig the Pizza Pallor music, very classy. But I can tell its going to grate on my nerves, because all it is is the same 10 second track looped endlessly. Anyway as well as the fair leaving it seems that the pirate ship has left, I later discovered that it comes and goes, usually every few months it will return brining with it a bunch of new items, hopefully bigger and better mustachios.

The puffle hats were released on Tuesday, they are what you think they are, hats for your puffles. So like any normal 19 year old I went and bought Cool baby an oversized Sombrero which is double the size of her, because thats how Cool Baby rolls. I also found out that you can buy puffle hats in the real world (I know right!) and you can put them on your plush puffles, it also comes with a code so you can get that hat in the game which you can't buy in the game, I may need to try this! Also this week the new clothing catalog appeared, brining with it a plethora of halloween costumes, I ended up going with a Ghostbusters costume. It comes with a Ghostbuster 3000 which when used with the right attire, you can hunt for ghosts. So when you have the gun and the costume on and just them, when you press the dance button you get your gun out and go and bust some ghosts! I'm over selling it a little because all it is a different dance, no impact on anything.

But enough about all of that, I was sent a iPad like tablet via the mail service, it was blank but had EPF in the top left. I had no idea what it meant until a fellow penguin told me top visit the "Everyday Phoning Facility". There it was revealed that it was not a phoning facility but instead a front for the EPF (Elite Penguin Force.) What I had got sent was an invitation to join, which is only sent to Penguins of good standing. I passed a simple test involving problem solving and agility, and then was granted access to there HQ. Inside was all James Bond, it had cool music, machines everywhere and a bunch of new things for me. I got given my own Spy phone which I can use to teleport around Club Penguin island, receive messages, trade in medals I earn as a member of the EPF and field ops.

Field ops are updated every week, its a riddle that you must solve and once you go to the place it mentions you get given a medal, which you can exchange for cool agent gear. It was a really tough riddle and only once I asked a Penguin for help did I get it, I ended up going with a cool ear piece, but now I'm going to save up for these awesome Sam Fisher Night Vision goggles. I also undertook a mission, these are unlike field ops and take you to a point and click adventure game. The mission involved me finding Aunt Arctics (Club Penguin's Journalist) puffles. This is the first thing in Club Penguin that I actually found not half bad, it was quite simple but it was just a training mission. But it shows good promise and there are things like combining items in your inventory to make something to proceed and translating messages and even Mass Effect style dialogue tree's. I only did this earlier today and started the next mission just to see whats ahead, and yes there are totally dialogue trees!

If you will excuse me I need to go and ponder why i started this, waddle on!

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Hizang

Frump..

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Why are you still doing this?!

FlyingRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FlyingRat

You sir, are a madman.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Ugh, I'm gonna end up playing this now, aren't I?

ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ImpendingFoil

Haha I really want to see what this experiment is like at week 37.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Still_I_Cry

Fun read.

Can't wait for the next one.