The Community is still a threat! GB's Community Thread!

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By brukaoru
OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By OGCartman

LOL nice picture their Bru.

Im planning on buying L4D, so maybe i should get it earlier so i can slaughter you all online =)

MichaelScott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By MichaelScott

Does the Giantbomb community have a Steam community? For games like Left4Dead, CSS, TF2, etc. it would be great to have one and have people join it. Makes it much easier to get connected and know what events are coming up. And you can chose to connect to a steam group's server in Left4Dead, which will make that game a lot easier to manage. People wouldn't have to add everyone to their friends' lists. <.<

Just make it general, like "Giant Bomb community group."  Then have everyone in IRC, the forums, etc. who has steam join the group.

Just an idea. :)

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#54  Edited By OGCartman
MichaelScott said:
"Does the Giantbomb community have a Steam community? For games like Left4Dead, CSS, TF2, etc. it would be great to have one and have people join it. Makes it much easier to get connected and know what events are coming up. And you can chose to connect to a steam group's server in Left4Dead, which will make that game a lot easier to manage. People wouldn't have to add everyone to their friends' lists. <.<

Just make it general, like "Giant Bomb community group."  Then have everyone in IRC, the forums, etc. who has steam join the group.

Just an idea. :)"
Yup, there is a STEAM group for it.
I dont remember it off the top of my head, and im too tired to log on and check but just write down ur STEAM ID and someone will invite you.
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By Hamz

The Left 4 Dead bombing run was great fun, thanks to everyone who took part. Big kudos to Lunarbunny for providing a server and organising the night!

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By Rowr

Who would be interested in a GiantBomb Street Fighter 2 hd remix tournament?

The idea has come up a few time in the irc to great enthusiasm.

I think we could get enough interest to get one going, and i think we all know it will be alot of fun. I would have already started a topic for this etc, but im not sure im in the best position to run it (dodgy connection, limited street fighter experience)

THOUGHTS?

albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#57  Edited By albedos_shadow
Rowr said:
"Who would be interested in a GiantBomb Street Fighter 2 hd remix tournament?

I think we could get enough interest to get one going, and i think we all know it will be alot of fun. I would have already started a topic for this etc, but im not sure im in the best position to run it (dodgy connection, limited street fighter experience)

THOUGHTS?"
I might be interested, but I need to buy the game first :)
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By Systech
Rowr said:

THOUGHTS?"
That would be nice because I probably won't be able to host a Bombing Run this weekend because of Finals preparation.
Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Pleasureizmine

I"LL SHOW A THREAT

SSSSHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP DAAA WHOOOOOOOOOOOOPZORZ

◑ ◔
╔═╗
╚═╝
◑ ◔
╔═╗
║▒▒
╚═╝
◑ ◔
╔═╗
║▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   
╚═╝

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#60  Edited By sweep  Moderator
systech said:
"Rowr said:

THOUGHTS?"
That would be nice because I probably won't be able to host a Bombing Run this weekend because of Finals preparation."

I would love a Street Fighter Bombing Run!!

I am totally going to host one if nobody else does....

Also, i'm going to be completely off my rocket on saturday night, so DRUNKEN SWEEP TIME is up for grabs...
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Rowr

OK SWEEP YOUR UP.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Hamz

Just edited the OP TokyoChicken, removed links and information to events already past. Added in Sweep's Bombing Run information. Any issues edit it yourself or i can come back and do it for you :)

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Absurd
TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

#65  Edited By TheGamerGeek
Levio91 said:
"Why is the community a threat?"
50% of the Giant Bomb users have syphilis that can be transported through the interwebs, that's why.
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Gizmo
TheGamerGeek said:
"Levio91 said:
"Why is the community a threat?"
50% of the Giant Bomb users have syphilis that can be transported through the interwebs, that's why."
Eew
twswordsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#67  Edited By twswordsman

Awww, wow...wish I had a copy of Smash Brothers....I'll buy it eventually. :D but so would get in on this action!

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

#68  Edited By TheGamerGeek
twswordsman said:
"Awww, wow...wish I had a copy of Smash Brothers....I'll buy it eventually. :D but so would get in on this action!"
Nobody
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Jayge_

I'm posting to bump this for awareness for the apparent small (but still apparent) influx of new people getting involved in the community.

Bombing runs are awesome (Team Fortress 2 Bombing Runs are a fucking crazy blast) and if you really want to get the low-down on the community's inner workings, listen to the BSHAF podcasts. They can be hard to get into, but they are all great guys and they are your friends.

You're welcome.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Hamz
Jayge said:
"I'm posting to bump this for awareness for the apparent small (but still apparent) influx of new people getting involved in the community.

Bombing runs are awesome (Team Fortress 2 Bombing Runs are a fucking crazy blast) and if you really want to get the low-down on the community's inner workings, listen to the BSHAF podcasts. They can be hard to get into, but they are all great guys and they are your friends.

You're welcome."
Indeed you speak the truth, those TF2 bombing runs are an amazing amount of fun. Whether its believing we can fly or trying to win with a Pyro rush, fun is to be had all the time!
thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By thordain
Hamz said:
"Jayge said:
"I'm posting to bump this for awareness for the apparent small (but still apparent) influx of new people getting involved in the community.

You're welcome."
Indeed you speak the truth, those TF2 bombing runs are an amazing amount of fun. Whether its believing we can fly or trying to win with a Pyro rush, fun is to be had all the time!"
Nothing says fun like 10 crazy GBers shouting over mics on alltalk. Speaking of which, with the success of my first BR, I've decided to have another in a few weeks. Anyone who wants to talk to me early about joining our elite TF2 play group, feel free to friend me here on on steam(Thordain or Thordainhammer should work). Plenty of beleiving we can fly  will occur. Anyone who wants to record these BRs and these precious moments feel free to do so.
tokyochicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#72  Edited By tokyochicken

Yeah if anyone new is reading this feel free to check this thread out every week for stuff like our game nights. 

albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#73  Edited By albedos_shadow
Jayge said:

You're welcome."
Agreed. And just so everyone knows, vote for the next bombing run here.
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Hamz

Ok I've completely reorganised the topic TokyoChicken, hope you don't mind. Mooseman and Rowr forced me to do it.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Rowr
Hamz said:
"Ok I've completely reorganised the topic TokyoChicken, hope you don't mind. Mooseman and Rowr forced me to do it."
Thats a lie, we merely gave him permission on your behalf.

O hamz you and you're twisting of words!
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Hamz
Rowr said:
"Hamz said:
"Ok I've completely reorganised the topic TokyoChicken, hope you don't mind. Mooseman and Rowr forced me to do it."

O hamz you and you're twisting of words!"
Mooseman had a cucumber pointed at me, you forced me :(
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Rowr
SuperMooseman said:
"Hamz said:
"Rowr said:
"Hamz said:

O hamz you and you're twisting of words!"
Mooseman had a cucumber pointed at me, you forced me :("
Cucumber? I never remember pointing a cucum...
oh."
SHHHH.....

QUICK, EAT THE EVIDENCE!
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By TwoOneFive

aw i missed the damn warhawk night wtf..

somebody grow some balls and host a socom night. 
Mattzz10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Mattzz10

I think that we need to organize a Killzone 2 clan, as the valor points seem like a really cool idea for competitions.  Even if the game isn't out for another month it can never be too early to get the clan set up!

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#80  Edited By BoG