The Community Is Still A Threat! Giant Bomb's Community Thread!

• 200 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for galvanizednails
GalvanizedNails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By GalvanizedNails

awesome thread matt! Anyone with me in a Forza 2 bombing run?

thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By thordain

I know that a lot of people here are console players, but we need to set up a steam group

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By DualReaver
Thordain said:
"I know that a lot of people here are console players, but we need to set up a steam group"
Someone made one. >_<
I think Lies' did.
thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By thordain

so they did

mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By mattbodega

I'll be doing the Steam stuff, since I ain't got no console up at college. Steam is such a great setup for organizing games, as I've learned from the previous Bombing Runs I've hosted(TF2 games on Friday).

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By Jayge_
MattBodega said:
"I'll be doing the Steam stuff, since I ain't got no console up at college. Steam is such a great setup for organizing games, as I've learned from the previous Bombing Runs I've hosted(TF2 games on Friday)."
You need to find a real server for those though; not european 2fort-24/7's where nobody scores XD
thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By thordain
Jayge said:
"MattBodega said:
"I'll be doing the Steam stuff, since I ain't got no console up at college. Steam is such a great setup for organizing games, as I've learned from the previous Bombing Runs I've hosted(TF2 games on Friday)."
You need to find a real server for those though; not european 2fort-24/7's where nobody scores XD"
It seems like 2 out of every 3 servers are European most of the time, which kills my ping
GalvanizedNails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By GalvanizedNails

so, I'm interested in hosting a Forza 2 bombing run. Let me know if anyone is interested

mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By mattbodega
Thordain said:
"Jayge said:
"MattBodega said:
You need to find a real server for those though; not european 2fort-24/7's where nobody scores XD"
It seems like 2 out of every 3 servers are European most of the time, which kills my ping"
You Guys are crazy! The best games of TF2 are the one that are in perpetual stalemate. Everyone knows that.
albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#60  Edited By albedos_shadow

Rock Band 2 Bombing Run? Please?

Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#61  Edited By Thrawn1
albedos_shadow said:
"Rock Band 2 Bombing Run? Please?"
not very many own it.
Avatar image for deactivated-58efb53e06a03
deactivated-58efb53e06a03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Thrawn said:
"albedos_shadow said:
"Rock Band 2 Bombing Run? Please?"
not very many own it."
Plus, with only four people to a room, things could get cramped.
Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#64  Edited By Absurd

Also, If anyone wants to join the Public Giant Bomb Steam Community group Here's the Link, This should be in the Original post btw :P

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By TheJollyRajah

I've always wanted to participate in the Bombing run- but it doesn't support the PS3. :(

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Rowr
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#67  Edited By Karmum
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Jayge_
TheJollyRajah said:
"I've always wanted to participate in the Bombing run- but it doesn't support the PS3. :("
What do you speak of? There is a GTA4 PS3 Bombing Run this very week, chief.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By crunchUK

what happens... when we run out of games for bombing run?

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#70  Edited By danielkempster
crunchUK said:
"what happens... when we run out of games for bombing run?"
When that time comes, a black hole will swallow the Earth :).

Seriously though, there are plenty of multiplayer games out there, to the point where after several months, it wouldn't feel like a cop-out returning to previous BR games. That, and the fact new games are always coming out.
mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By mattbodega

Ideally, we want to have games hosted on every single platfrom we can. Stay tuned for N-Gage Bombing Run! We'll play Pathway to Glory and Pocket Kingdoms: Some Dumb word in l33t!
As of right now, I'm hosting PC stuff at school(cause I don't have my consoles) and TokyoChicken and Systech are doing 360 stuff. As we get more people interested, more games and platforms are gonna open up!

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Rowr

thanks matt, you rock.

Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Disgaeamad
TheJollyRajah said:
"I've always wanted to participate in the Bombing run- but it doesn't support the PS3. :("
You speak of lies and fallacy! There's a GTA IV PS3 night this Saturday, and if anyone's willing to host some other games for the PS3 for other weeks, then we're sorted.
krazychris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By krazychris

We should have a UK bombing run at some point. What games would you guys be able to play I've got a xbox360 and could play the following games.

Gears Of War
Virtua Fighter 5
GTA4
Rock Band
The Orange Box
Halo 3
Call Of Duty 4

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#75  Edited By wefwefasdf

I'm interested in anything you guys are willing to host for the 360.

GalvanizedNails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By GalvanizedNails

lol ok third time I've asked, but anyone interested in a Forza 2 bombing run?

Mattzz10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Mattzz10

How about a PS3 NHL 09 team??? It could be XBOX 360 but I dont have one :(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Karmum said:
"Gorillawhat said:
"Karmum said:
"Here we go again: Gears of War countdown

Countdown to the next Game Night: Gears of War!

Countdown to the next Game Night: GTAIV!

Tell me if they both work."
They work but they are a bit unappealing asthetically. I usually use BlingyBlob. It's a good thing."
The website is very...bright, to say the least."
Bright would be an understatement, but their countdown timers (after much tweeking) can be quite un-blingafied.

GalvanizedNails said:
"lol ok third time I've asked, but anyone interested in a Forza 2 bombing run?"
I rarely play that game but I think it would go nicely with a Bombing Run. Although there are alot more multiplayer games to touch on also. I, personally, have a dirty love for Perfect Dark Zeros Muliplayer, and would love to see that in a BR. Hey, how 'bout some Soul Calibur?
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Systech
Gorillawhat said:
"Karmum said:
"Gorillawhat said:
"Karmum said:
"Here we go again: Gears of War countdown

Countdown to the next Game Night: Gears of War!

Countdown to the next Game Night: GTAIV!

Tell me if they both work."
They work but they are a bit unappealing asthetically. I usually use BlingyBlob. It's a good thing."
The website is very...bright, to say the least."
Bright would be an understatement, but their countdown timers (after much tweeking) can be quite un-blingafied.

GalvanizedNails said:
"lol ok third time I've asked, but anyone interested in a Forza 2 bombing run?"
I rarely play that game but I think it would go nicely with a Bombing Run. Although there are alot more multiplayer games to touch on also. I, personally, have a dirty love for Perfect Dark Zeros Muliplayer, and would love to see that in a BR. Hey, how 'bout some Soul Calibur?
"
Perfect Dark would be awesome. I've kept that game for so long.
TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By TheJollyRajah
Jayge said:
"TheJollyRajah said:
What do you speak of? There is a GTA4 PS3 Bombing Run this very week, chief."
Disgaeamad said:
"TheJollyRajah said:
You speak of lies and fallacy! There's a GTA IV PS3 night this Saturday, and if anyone's willing to host some other games for the PS3 for other weeks, then we're sorted."
I don't have that game.:(
I play Warhawk and COD4 for PS3, so any of those will work for me... but I don't think anyone plays them on the PS3.
Johnny5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Johnny5

Hey guys its too quiet in GiantBomb IRC when its not USA prime time, we need more people to get the place more active :)

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Hamz

Since Steam is an absolute amazing program for community based events, doesn't have to be just for Steam games it can be used for any PC game it just is easier to have everyone appear in the Steam community chat to organise and reveal details. I'd really love to see some UK or hell just a more EU friendly time for the Bombing Run so we can get more of the EU community playing alongside the US community and the users from around the globe.

Honestly i'd love it if we could get some GiantBomb TF2 server set up for the PC so we can have staff, mods and users all playing alongside one another and basically doing what gamers do best, play games. However i have no clue how easy or costly this might be to set up a server (never done it in all honesty) so assuming we can't get our own server does anyone have a server they know we could...well you know hijack?...

I'm not meaning anything illegal but basically a server they know is usually empty at a certain time which we could all pile into and fill up lol?

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Rowr
Hamz said:
"Since Steam is an absolute amazing program for community based events, doesn't have to be just for Steam games it can be used for any PC game it just is easier to have everyone appear in the Steam community chat to organise and reveal details. I'd really love to see some UK or hell just a more EU friendly time for the Bombing Run so we can get more of the EU community playing alongside the US community and the users from around the globe.

Honestly i'd love it if we could get some GiantBomb TF2 server set up for the PC so we can have staff, mods and users all playing alongside one another and basically doing what gamers do best, play games. However i have no clue how easy or costly this might be to set up a server (never done it in all honesty) so assuming we can't get our own server does anyone have a server they know we could...well you know hijack?...

I'm not meaning anything illegal but basically a server they know is usually empty at a certain time which we could all pile into and fill up lol?"
nice idea.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Jayge_
Hamz said:
"Since Steam is an absolute amazing program for community based events, doesn't have to be just for Steam games it can be used for any PC game it just is easier to have everyone appear in the Steam community chat to organise and reveal details. I'd really love to see some UK or hell just a more EU friendly time for the Bombing Run so we can get more of the EU community playing alongside the US community and the users from around the globe.

I'm not meaning anything illegal but basically a server they know is usually empty at a certain time which we could all pile into and fill up lol?"
Interesting idea. I know Foil recently bought his own server, who knows what he's doing with that. Steam is useful just for organizing even, you can put events on the calender that don't have to do with the game you're playing in particular.
Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Thrawn1
Jayge said:
"Hamz said:

Interesting idea. I know Foil recently bought his own server, who knows what he's doing with that. Steam is useful just for organizing even, you can put events on the calender that don't have to do with the game you're playing in particular."
I remember foil mentioning that he was starting a "gamer's club" where he goes to school. (college?) Maybe that's why he bought the server.
Foil1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Foil1212
Thrawn said:
"Jayge said:
"Hamz said:

Interesting idea. I know Foil recently bought his own server, who knows what he's doing with that. Steam is useful just for organizing even, you can put events on the calender that don't have to do with the game you're playing in particular."
I remember foil mentioning that he was starting a "gamer's club" where he goes to school. (college?) Maybe that's why he bought the server."
JOINING a gamers club :D  But, I'm talking to people right now about it. Technically it's split between me and two others, one who got frustrated at team fortress a couple days ago, and another that won't mind.  I'm sure as long as it's still an SSG server (Super Sexy Guys!) Giant Bomb can be fit in there too.  Also, there are some things to fix with it.  1) I don't know how to set up admins 2) I was setting it up, and when setting up a sever there's this HUGE text file where you choose your settings.  In one of those, I put a "Yes" where a "No" should be.  So, instead of letting people download the maps on the server if they don't have them, it kicks them! So, if anyone wants to help me out, you can message me on aim at Foil1212
twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#87  Edited By twenty0ne

Why did my post get deleted, mods? I can understand if you don't like me, but I didn't do anything wrong.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#88  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
twenty0ne said:
"Why did my post get deleted, mods? I can understand if you don't like me, but I didn't do anything wrong."
What did you say?
twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#89  Edited By twenty0ne
MattyFTM said:
"twenty0ne said:
"Why did my post get deleted, mods? I can understand if you don't like me, but I didn't do anything wrong."
What did you say?"
"There's one thing missing."
 I was referring to GB sanctioned tournys,  with prizes and stuff, because I know Gamespot does that.
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Systech
twenty0ne said:
"MattyFTM said:
"twenty0ne said:
What did you say?"
"There's one thing missing."
 I was referring to GB sanctioned tournys,  with prizes and stuff, because I know Gamespot does that.
"
Maybe I can send out books that I own and hate to people if they win.
mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By mattbodega

Giant Bomb needs to crank out the merch! People should be able to win GB T-Shirts! Or something!
Hell, I'll go and buy a pair of fake Antlers and a wreslting mask and send them out to people, if I had too.
As we all know, the best prize for a Community Game Night: Novelty Muffler.
INFOGRAMES QUIETS THE THUNDER!
COME TO BOMBING RUN!

Foil1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Foil1212
MattBodega said:
"Giant Bomb needs to crank out the merch! People should be able to win GB T-Shirts! Or something!
Hell, I'll go and buy a pair of fake Antlers and a wreslting mask and send them out to people, if I had too.
As we all know, the best prize for a Community Game Night: Novelty Muffler.
INFOGRAMES QUIETS THE THUNDER!
COME TO BOMBING RUN!"
I'd totally buy a shirt if they had it in my size.
Motoracer2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Motoracer2005

Nice indeed......

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Two days until Gears.  Three until GTA.

The excitement builds. 

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Karmum
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"Two days until Gears.  Three until GTA.

The excitement builds. "
Indeed, I cannot wait to play some Gears of War with some GB users, since I'm out for Saturday.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Karmum said:
"Sir_Ragnarok said:

The excitement builds. "
Indeed, I cannot wait to play some Gears of War with some GB users, since I'm out for Saturday."
I'm quite excited for the GTA4 BR, unfortunately though I traded in Gears of War to buy Halo 3. I've been meaning to re-buy it, but I guess GameStop is smart and ever since the GOW2 GDC announcement the price on Gears of War has been jacked back up again.
Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Thrawn1
Gorillawhat said:
"Karmum said:
"Sir_Ragnarok said:

The excitement builds. "
Indeed, I cannot wait to play some Gears of War with some GB users, since I'm out for Saturday."
I'm quite excited for the GTA4 BR, unfortunately though I traded in Gears of War to buy Halo 3. I've been meaning to re-buy it, but I guess GameStop is smart and ever since the GOW2 GDC announcement the price on Gears of War has been jacked back up again."
if you can gather support for a different game, matt will update the thread. personally I wouldn't mind some halo or cod4
TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By TheJollyRajah

Guys, I'm hosting COD4 on the PS3, so please PM me or send a friend request to TheJollyRajah on PSN. I need support from PS3 users!

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Endogene

huh has been a day since some one posted here.
This might be somewhat unrelated but it concerns the community, yesterday Giant Bomb got 200 new members

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Karmum

I noticed the Gears night does not have a topic, just going to get it all ready tonight?

By the way, TONIGHT! ^_^