The Community Spotlight - 01/23/2015

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Edited By ZombiePie  Staff
Someone Held an Air Force Gator Sign During a WWE Smackdown Event....
Someone Held an Air Force Gator Sign During a WWE Smackdown Event....

State of the Site and Housekeeping

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight, and I am honored to be your host as always! Firstly most of the staff were away to attend PAX South, and unfortunately the Giant Bomb panel was not available to be livestreamed. However, if you are interested in a different "type" of archive Jeff has recently re-uploaded every episode of his NintenDownload X-press Podcast to his SoundCloud Account. Also the results to the Giant Bomb Community Anime of 2014 are in...and I just want to say that you all have terrible tastes. With that lets get on with the Community Spotlight!

Clip(s) of the Week

Both of our clips come from @rapid as he shares two events hosted by our Warframe PC Clan, which you can join over here.

Awesome Artwork

@humanity is the user to thank for all of the Heavy Industry banner art for the community Warframe clan. @rokkankitten listened to a recent Bombcast and created the Mario fanart as a result, and the GiantBombBlurb Tumblr account has another hilarious quote publishers could use on their boxart.

Community Activities

• Giant Bomb Call of Duty: Advance Warfighter Community Clan - The Clan Recently Tied For First Play in the Recent Clan War & Unlocked the Centurion Exo! See What Else They have Planned Here!

Wonderful Wikis

Special thanks go to @bdhurkett for dumping 900+ wiki points into our SCRAM game page, which he admits is a "mediocre nuclear power plant simulator." In other news you can also learn more about the new releases Grey Goo, Citizens of Earth, and...well...HuniePop. The people who made that game need Jesus.

Best of Blogs

Brewmaster_Andy is really going to hit it out of the park for PAX Prime in 2015 by brewing a beer catering to Dan's tastes, and you can read all about it on his latest blog. Sparky_Buzzsaw on the other hand got a bit off topic and discussed his thoughts on Z Nation, and why he really enjoys the program. MooseyMcMan AND JBG4 both gave the Evolve beta a shot and share their detailed thoughts about what they enjoyed and disliked about it. Are you in the mood for some of the best Final Fantasy based puns in blogging history? Then you should give Mento's blog a read! GrantHeaslip is still having a romp of a time in FFXIV Online, and talks about making the transition to the PS4 version of the game. DarthOrange got a bit nostalgic by re-examining his favorite gaming moments on the PS-One, and he is joined by Ford_Dent who had the "displeasure" of visiting an actual modern day arcade recently. thatpinguino has fallen down the Magic the Gathering rabbit hole again, and extrapolates upon the Wisperwood Elemental deck. tiathyme is calling all Might and Magic fans, and wants your help in figuring out why he's bored playing Might and Magic VI. Resident Resident Evil aficionado, Yummylee, used the re-release of the Resident Evil remake to discuss how a proper remake for Resident Evil 2 can be done. Farkas has a compilation of the title cards for the Dream Card 101, and roomrunner has what I hope is the last GOTY blog until December.

Fantastic Forums

The true highlight of the week comes from tbk who has created the most comprehensive FAQ for anyone interested in playing Warframe. If fighting games are more your speed then you should go ahead and share your thoughts about the lineup for EVO 2015. Can you think of the most recent game that you added to your "Top Ten Games" list? If so then discuss the game on our thread about recent favorite games. Finally we have discussion threads for Grey Goo and Borderlands: The Handsome Collection.

Lovable Lists

brodehouse decided to go ahead and list what he thinks are the best games released during 1991, which is considered by some to be the best year for games. Kindpixel was also a bit nostalgic this week and went and listed the games that he is confident he will never forget.

Useful User Reviews

This Animated .gif Features Every Single Intro Screen to the UPFs of 2014
This Animated .gif Features Every Single Intro Screen to the UPFs of 2014

Avatar image for alwaysbeclothing
alwaysbeclothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

I was thinking that gif can't be right. but I guess at most there would be 52 UPFs and actually less than that due to E3 and holidays. Still pretty neat to see, they even keep the camera in pretty much the same frame!

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I give that Z Nation blog ten thumbs up.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Thanks, as always for mentioning my blog, and for all the hard work you do assembling these things every week. :D

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee
JBG4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@sparky_buzzsaw: that Z Nation blog helped me realize who I am as a man.

Also, check out my blog mentioned above to not only read my thoughts on Evolve but also the reason I couldn't have sex with Keith David. He's an honorable man...

Thanks for mentioning my blog again. Always cool of you to spotlight the community like this.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#6 FinalDasa  Moderator

I could stare at that last .gif for hours...................

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I give that Z Nation blog ten thumbs up.

I will give it an additional 2 thumbs up.

bigmess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Choo chooooooooooooooooooooo!

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By rapid

Thanks for spotlighting our dumb warframe shenanigans @zombiepie

Here's some context I posted on the thread for the two videos

The first video is the last couple minutes from a Void Survival Mission (one of the end-game modes) basically horde mode with a 'timer' . Nevertheless, after 40 minutes myself (@rapid) @uberexplodey@insane_shadowblade85 nearly escape what looked like was going to be a team wipe and mission failure.

The Second Video:

New Tactical Alert Overtake is on right now through the weekend. It's a difficult alert since you are limited to only using a throw-able melee weapon and there are Nullifers (some may say, as far as the eye can see) Check out how the Giant Bomb Alliance gets it done with ease. Special Thanks to @echoes83, @uberexplodey and glitchesarecool.

Setup is as follows:

• Frost to protect to shield the rover and teammates with Snowglobe
  • Limbo to cast Banish sending, regenerating energy as well as damage immunity
  • Mag to constantly replenishing team shields with Shield Polarize as well as take a bunch of corpus, at the very least stun every corpus in proximity.
  • Energy and Shield Restores

We are also looking for feedback and input on designs for clan emblem Clan BBB, the GB sister clan. As well as an GB Alliance emblem.@uberexplodey has made some work in progress emblems.

@uberexplodey said:

@meatsofevil hey I've been messing around with some BBB/3B logo ideas if you wanted to check them out. Still tooling around, not set on colors or anything really, just been doing this on the side. **Last one was an Alliance logo WIP I showed @rapid. Says Giant Bomb in the tenno script. (http://imgur.com/a/zQORq -- imgur link, dunno how reliably this site loads images)

I've been staring at these for too long.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

noizy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@rapid: I like those emblems. Very nice.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

bboymaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By bboymaestro
JBG4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@zombiepie: New Happy Monday Duders went up on Monday. I talked about how awesome Far Cry 4 is and how terrible Defiance is, they balanced each other out... Thanks

@rapid: all of those emblems are awesome...

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#14 Mento  Moderator  Online

I've been talking about Lightning Returns a lot this week. One, two, three, four. It's like you-know-who never left.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ZombiePie  Staff
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ZombiePie  Staff

@rapid: Hey if you ever post a recording of what the community has been up to post the video on the latest Spotlight. You get some attention and I remember if you have been up to anything new.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ZombiePie  Staff

The latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight can be found over here.