Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Edited By ZombiePie  Staff
It's Been a Crazy Week...
It's Been a Crazy Week...

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight, and Happy Birthday to the Bombcast! That's right the sickly podcast for this week marked the fifth birthday for the Giant Bombcast! PAX East 2013 is all set for this week and if you plan on going remember to check out Marino's PAX Guide to PAX, and check out the floor plan.

Community Activities

• Giant Bomb Community Tournament #1 - Set for March 23rd, 19:00 GMT - Get the Details to the Event Here!
  • Official StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Matchmaking Thread - Play Online Matches with Fellow Users Over Here!
  • Darkstalkers Resurrection Matchmaking Thread - Hook Up with Other Darkstalkers Fans Over Here!
  • Giant Bomb Corporation and Community - Join the Kite Co. Space Trucking Corporation in Eve Online Over Here!

Wonderful Wikis

Have you heard about this game called StarCraft? Another StarCraft came out this week! I have to say I don't understand why the call it StarCraft when there's no real "crafting" in it. Minecraft has more crafting than StarCraft for goodness sake! Read all about it on the wiki page for that space madness! Also a new God of War game came out and you can read all about that too.

Best of Blogs

Check out the latest edition of the community round table discussion featuring all sorts of community members' opinions about The Binding of Issac. After having discussed the hardware of the PlayStation 4 Gamer_152 has written up a comprehensive blog related to the announced games thus far for the platform. Video_Game_King continued his recent trend of playing water themed video games with Hydrophobia, and bucked that trend by also playing Marchen Adventure Cotton 100%. Mento entertains with his latest MS Paint webcomic for this month. aurahack celebrates his 100th blog by writing about 999, Fire Emblem, Crashmo and other things. believer258 pontificates upon his controversial position of thinking that Uncharted 3 is a mediocre experience, whereas Animasta defends The Last Remnant for being a fun and interesting game worth playing. User nate still is playing through and discussing his problems with Assassin's Creed 3. After having bought the game for cheap zoozilla talks about his adventures with El Shaddai. Finally Alaska_Gamer provides a sane blog related to his thoughts of the craziness of Metal Gear Rising.

Fantastic Forums

If you do plan on going to PAX East this week then join the meet-up thread in picking out a meet up event before the Giant Bomb panel. There is also an Arma 3 Alpha Steam code trading thread, a thread discussing the origins of everyone's usernames, and an appeal by the Guild Wars 2 community to join their cause. Finally the poll of the week is whether or not Patrick should shave his facial hair.

Lovable Lists

We have a good deal of lists this week with DoppelGamer creating a list of all the super hero themed video games he has played in order of preference. oldskooldeano has taken up the task of creating a list of games that exclusively take place underwater and patanu is working on a list of normal video game couples. If you can think of any games that could potentially be on their lists, help them out!

Useful User Reviews

User Created Podcasts

REALLY Crazy....
REALLY Crazy....

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Huh. I got mentioned. Very interesting.

That Vinny Wei Violent video is Too Good. Good Job!, um, person who did it.

And yea, that Archer-Patrick cameo is such a good screenshot. The Patrick part is good. But the context of the scene is just, awfully good.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

I know it's too early in the week for a blog, but I wrote one, anyway.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ZombiePie  Staff

Huh. I got mentioned. Very interesting.

That Vinny Wei Violent video is Too Good. Good Job!, um, person who did it.

And yea, that Archer-Patrick cameo is such a good screenshot. The Patrick part is good. But the context of the scene is just, awfully good.

Keep up the good work, and yeah as someone who hasn't watched Archer in a while I'd love to know what the context is for that scene.

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Congrats everyone!

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ZombiePie  Staff

Congrats everyone!

It's a pleasure as always.

Hey everyone I could really use some more input on what to showcase for this week.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#8 Mento  Moderator

My stuff: A blog, a list.

Arbitrary's stuff: A blog about flame crests or somethin'.

Dan's stuff: A blog about grave robbers or somethin'.

And because there's no such thing as too many Vinny Caravella compilations, this thing: A Youtube.

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By takashichea

I'll rustle up a wiki page as fast as I can!

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By takashichea
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ZombiePie  Staff

The latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight is available for your viewing over here.