The Community Spotlight - 03/09/2012

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Many Thanks to GB User FoxxFireArt for the Banner! 

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! This week the staff were at GDC talking to and interviewing a motley number of industry members. If you tried to use the mobile site last week and had issues rest assured that site engineer Andy has fixed them and the site should be fine for mobile viewing. If you have plans on going to PAX East this year rejoice at the news that Dave will be going to the event as well and promises to buy drinks will "on the house" if you meet up with him. In other big new Ryan Davis has become engaged! If you wanted to follow the lucky lady on Twitter @EnemyNanner. Giant Bomb user Mustard who has been diligently maintaining his Brad Quick Look Start to Death is retiring the list in light of Brad's 100th Quick Look Death.  Anyways as always remember to check out the Bomb Shelter  and to email interns@whiskeymedia.com to get content on the "Rad Stuff" tab on the front page of Giant Bomb. 

Community Events 

• Official Street Fighter X Tekken Community Thread - Join and Play with the Community Over Here!
  • Giant Bomb Community Guild Leaders for Guild Wars 2 - Learn About the Guild Leaders Here!
  • Giant Bomb Community Guild Rules for Guild Wars 2 - Read the Rules Before the Game Comes Out Over Here

Wonderful Wikis 

The release of Mass Effect 3 and Street Fighter X Tekken has wrapped a good number of the GB community into creating amazing wikis for those games. The SLy Cooper character page caught the attention of a couple of Giant Bomb users after they discovered it was blank and the same can be said about the slew of Fire Emblem Character pages being showcased this week. If you're curious as to who won what award during the latest GDC head on over to the Game developers Choice Awards 2012 page. 

Best of Blogs  

When it comes to this week the community continues its creative and meditative streak. The highlight of the week is GB user ShadowVirus's amazing Giant Bomb Quick Look Death infograph. GB user Valames's continues providing Giant Bomb fan art this week with an homage to the Bombcast. User ZZoMBiE13 created fanart to coincide with the final episode of The Amazing Test: Bricked. GB user Sin4profit has created an archive of evry QL that features Dave, Vinny, and Drew. Wrighteou86 got to visit the HQ for Volition and shows the pictures he took on his latest blog this week. TerraMantis pitches his dream video game based on Firefly. FLStyle talks about the fighting game community in light of some controversies. Mento discusses accessibility for games in general while nukesniper talks about the inaccessibility of Black Ops. Beyond these highlights there are so many more blogs worth talking about so feel free to look over all of them! 

Lovable Lists 

GB list master Mento appears to have lost his touch with his latest work for this week. GB user ran88dom99 is working on chronicling user creation tools in games that aren't for crazy people, and Sarumarine lists a handful of lovable jerks in video games.  

Great Guides 

And now for the return of User Created Guides. This should have happened earlier as many of these guides were created and published last week but I'm just now showcasing them now because I forgot to check the Guides tab last week. Rest assured if you take the time to work on a game guide I promise you I'll showcase it. 

Useful User Reviews 

User Created Podcasts 

Author's Note: Did you find or create any showcase worthy content on Giant Bomb be it related to the wiki or forums? Well then drop a comment on this here feature with a link to anything you have created or found and I promise to showcase it next week. Also to stay up on the best of the best of the Giant Bomb Community follow me on Twitter @GiantBombSquad
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! This week the staff were at GDC talking to and interviewing a motley number of industry members. If you tried to use the mobile site last week and had issues rest assured that site engineer Andy has fixed them and the site should be fine for mobile viewing. If you have plans on going to PAX East this year rejoice at the news that Dave will be going to the event as well and promises to buy drinks will "on the house" if you meet up with him. In other big new Ryan Davis has become engaged! If you wanted to follow the lucky lady on Twitter @EnemyNanner. Giant Bomb user Mustard who has been diligently maintaining his Brad Quick Look Start to Death is retiring the list in light of Brad's 100th Quick Look Death.  Anyways as always remember to check out the Bomb Shelter  and to email interns@whiskeymedia.com to get content on the "Rad Stuff" tab on the front page of Giant Bomb. 

Community Events 

• Official Street Fighter X Tekken Community Thread - Join and Play with the Community Over Here!
  • Giant Bomb Community Guild Leaders for Guild Wars 2 - Learn About the Guild Leaders Here!
  • Giant Bomb Community Guild Rules for Guild Wars 2 - Read the Rules Before the Game Comes Out Over Here

Wonderful Wikis 

The release of Mass Effect 3 and Street Fighter X Tekken has wrapped a good number of the GB community into creating amazing wikis for those games. The SLy Cooper character page caught the attention of a couple of Giant Bomb users after they discovered it was blank and the same can be said about the slew of Fire Emblem Character pages being showcased this week. If you're curious as to who won what award during the latest GDC head on over to the Game developers Choice Awards 2012 page. 

Best of Blogs  

When it comes to this week the community continues its creative and meditative streak. The highlight of the week is GB user ShadowVirus's amazing Giant Bomb Quick Look Death infograph. GB user Valames's continues providing Giant Bomb fan art this week with an homage to the Bombcast. User ZZoMBiE13 created fanart to coincide with the final episode of The Amazing Test: Bricked. GB user Sin4profit has created an archive of evry QL that features Dave, Vinny, and Drew. Wrighteou86 got to visit the HQ for Volition and shows the pictures he took on his latest blog this week. TerraMantis pitches his dream video game based on Firefly. FLStyle talks about the fighting game community in light of some controversies. Mento discusses accessibility for games in general while nukesniper talks about the inaccessibility of Black Ops. Beyond these highlights there are so many more blogs worth talking about so feel free to look over all of them! 

Lovable Lists 

GB list master Mento appears to have lost his touch with his latest work for this week. GB user ran88dom99 is working on chronicling user creation tools in games that aren't for crazy people, and Sarumarine lists a handful of lovable jerks in video games.  

Great Guides 

And now for the return of User Created Guides. This should have happened earlier as many of these guides were created and published last week but I'm just now showcasing them now because I forgot to check the Guides tab last week. Rest assured if you take the time to work on a game guide I promise you I'll showcase it. 

Useful User Reviews 

User Created Podcasts 

Author's Note: Did you find or create any showcase worthy content on Giant Bomb be it related to the wiki or forums? Well then drop a comment on this here feature with a link to anything you have created or found and I promise to showcase it next week. Also to stay up on the best of the best of the Giant Bomb Community follow me on Twitter @GiantBombSquad
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

@ZombiePie said:

Mento discusses accessibility f games in general while nukesniper talks about the inaccessibility of Black Ops, as well as so many more blogs worth talking about.

Though apparently not in the blurb :P. (Also, I have captured your typo for all to see. YOU CAN NO LONGER HIDE IT!)

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#3  Edited By Mento  Moderator

Man, I don't even know what I was thinking. The Mass Effect 3 spoiler bandwagon was too difficult to resist.

Fun times with the rest of the highlights this week, though. It's good that we have so many bloggers these days. Especially if they're making bitchin' infographics.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff
@Mento said:

Man, I don't even know what I was thinking. The Mass Effect 3 spoiler bandwagon was too difficult to resist.

Fun times with the rest of the highlights this week, though. It's good that we have so many bloggers these days. Especially if they're making bitchin' infographics.

Then again your British therefore you by default have an inferior sense of humor. 
@Video_Game_King said:

@ZombiePie said:

Mento discusses accessibility f games in general while nukesniper talks about the inaccessibility of Black Ops, as well as so many more blogs worth talking about.

Though apparently not in the blurb :P. (Also, I have captured your typo for all to see. YOU CAN NO LONGER HIDE IT!)

Fixed, and no I'm no angry I appreciate the finding of any typos I commit on the Spotlight headliners.  
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Video_Game_King

@ZombiePie said:

@Mento said:

Then again your British therefore you by default have an inferior sense of humor.
@Video_Game_King said:

@ZombiePie said:

Fixed, and no I'm no angry I appreciate the finding of any typos I commit on the Spotlight headliners.

I can't tell if you're putting these typos in to fuck with me or if it's because you're just that sloppy :P.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff
@Video_Game_King: I R good ate englesh (yes that was a joke).
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By Claude

Thanks for the mention Zombie Pie. If I would have defeated the last boss in Skyward Sword, I would have had another blog. Oh well, there's always next week.  Great work as always.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By VoshiNova

Cheers! ^_^

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#9  Edited By Hailinel

Thanks for listing the Nephenee article I wrote up ages ago, ZombiePie. Your highlighting of it actually drew my attention to some typos that had gone unattended for far too long. :P

RagingLion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By RagingLion

Well, I finally decided I should take it upon myself to write a proper wiki page for one of my favourite game designer's Jonathan Blow. I'm quite pleased with how it came out.

Really like the Brad and GB deaths in QL infographic.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By FLStyle

Thanks for the mention again, always happy to be part of this community.

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Master_Thief

Waiting for sly 4, amazing spiderman and fall of cybertron

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By takashichea

Congrats everyone!

Edit:

I need to make time to work on the other Fire Emblem characters. I've been working on the Dawn Brigade too much.

Valames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By Valames

Thanks for the shout-out! I really appreciated it. I always get excited when I end up on these threads. I updated the drawing, now with more Alex and Fun! I was going to make a whole new thread for it because I really like the contrast of the GiantBomb fun and the sad departure of Alex out of the office. But, you know... that's excessive.

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Master_Thief

can't wait for e3

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Putting the Spotlight off until Friday again.

coreymw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By coreymw

Hey man, I made this blog post about Dear Esther. Maybe you can include it in next weeks update, you know, if that's cool.

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/coreymw/dear-esther/30-91703/

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Video_Game_King

@ZombiePie said:

Putting the Spotlight off until Friday again.

Recommending a blog I wrote today again.

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#19  Edited By Mento  Moderator

A blog about Sakaguchi, a list about space monsters and a review. That's probably too much Mento for one spotlight though, so maybe just do two of those and the third will carry over to next week?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#20  Edited By Hailinel

I wrote a blog about Asura and Kratos.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Mento said:

That's probably too much Mento for one spotlight though

There is never enough Mento for one spotlight. (Says the guy who isn't afraid to spam the hell out of it.)

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

@Video_Game_King said:

@Mento said:

That's probably too much Mento for one spotlight though

There is never enough Mento for one spotlight. (Says the guy who isn't afraid to spam the hell out of it.)

I love Mentos.

Anyways I just want you all to know that a new Spotlight will come out today...just later than normal due to current events.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Video_Game_King

@ZombiePie said:

Just later than normal due to current events.

I don't even know what "normal" is.

xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By xpgamer7

I love what you're showcasing. I did however write some stuff including a showcase of innovation in game design, a review on Journey and how it's an amazing metaphorical accomplishment that touts equality, and a blog on Journey's weakest points. I try to do interesting stuff, despite making less impact or content on a regular basis then most of the big writers on the site.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff