ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Welcome 

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! It has now been a whole week since the announcement that Giant Bomb would be joining CBS Interactive and hopefully as you can see Giant bomb is still Giant Bomb. The site however is still in transition and without interns so expect updates to the "User Created Highlights" and Bomb Shelter tabs soon but not yet. For interested user the Whiskey media Store is selling the 2010  and 2011Membership Shirts for the discounted price of $10. That said you may have noticed that the meebo bar is gone and the footer has changed (don't worry a better footer is coming soon). The website Gameindustry.com has conducted a really interesting interview with Jeff and John Davison over here. Jeff was on a GDC themed Bonus Round at GameTrailers. Now with that let's have Big Boo start off this Spotlight: 
THIS IS  SA-WEEEET
THIS IS  SA-WEEEET

Community Events Activities 

• Name Your First Experience with Giant Bomb - Look Back and Talk About What Convinced you to Stay Over Here!
  • Giant Bomb Armored Core V PS3 Online Team - Sign Up Over Here!
  • Giant Bomb Armoed Core V 360 Online Team - Sign Up Over Here!

Wonderful Wikis 

The recent releases of the latest entries in the Resident Evil, Ninja Gaiden, and Armored Core franchises show the community's attention to recent games. Check out the franchise page for the Mario Party series if you enjoyed the staff's shenanigans for this week's TNT. The Skyrim Wiki editing community continues to impress with the wiki page for The Circle. Finally the object page for pancakes reminds you that Whiskey Media was powered by pancakes. 

Best of Blogs 

The community is still discussing the Mass Effect 3 ending if you haven't noticed. GB user Fobwashed showcases his drawing skills for the game Draw Something. GB user Apathylad was able to attend WonderCon and GB user Gold_Skulltulla went to the Smithsonian's Art of Video games exhibit so check out there write ups for those events if you didn't go. GB user lordofultima has created a couple of guides for performing special moves in Street Fighter X Tekken. Users Xpgamer7 and Coreymw share their plans on how they plan to get into the video game industry by hook or by crook. And of course always check out the other writings here and on the forums by the Giant bomb Community

Lovable Lists 

GB user Borracho has created a list of mature games that everyone should play. Hizang lists all of the games he leads community hubs for. User AssInAss lists the Indie games he is excited for, and Mento...created something for this week. 

Useful User Reviews 

Author's Note:  Did you find or create any showcase worthy content on Giant Bomb be it related to the wiki or forums? Well then drop a comment on this here feature with a link to anything you have created or found and I promise to showcase it next week. Also to stay up on the best of the best of the Giant Bomb Community follow me on Twitter  @GiantBombSquad
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Welcome 

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! It has now been a whole week since the announcement that Giant Bomb would be joining CBS Interactive and hopefully as you can see Giant bomb is still Giant Bomb. The site however is still in transition and without interns so expect updates to the "User Created Highlights" and Bomb Shelter tabs soon but not yet. For interested user the Whiskey media Store is selling the 2010  and 2011Membership Shirts for the discounted price of $10. That said you may have noticed that the meebo bar is gone and the footer has changed (don't worry a better footer is coming soon). The website Gameindustry.com has conducted a really interesting interview with Jeff and John Davison over here. Jeff was on a GDC themed Bonus Round at GameTrailers. Now with that let's have Big Boo start off this Spotlight: 
THIS IS  SA-WEEEET
THIS IS  SA-WEEEET

Community Events Activities 

• Name Your First Experience with Giant Bomb - Look Back and Talk About What Convinced you to Stay Over Here!
  • Giant Bomb Armored Core V PS3 Online Team - Sign Up Over Here!
  • Giant Bomb Armoed Core V 360 Online Team - Sign Up Over Here!

Wonderful Wikis 

The recent releases of the latest entries in the Resident Evil, Ninja Gaiden, and Armored Core franchises show the community's attention to recent games. Check out the franchise page for the Mario Party series if you enjoyed the staff's shenanigans for this week's TNT. The Skyrim Wiki editing community continues to impress with the wiki page for The Circle. Finally the object page for pancakes reminds you that Whiskey Media was powered by pancakes. 

Best of Blogs 

The community is still discussing the Mass Effect 3 ending if you haven't noticed. GB user Fobwashed showcases his drawing skills for the game Draw Something. GB user Apathylad was able to attend WonderCon and GB user Gold_Skulltulla went to the Smithsonian's Art of Video games exhibit so check out there write ups for those events if you didn't go. GB user lordofultima has created a couple of guides for performing special moves in Street Fighter X Tekken. Users Xpgamer7 and Coreymw share their plans on how they plan to get into the video game industry by hook or by crook. And of course always check out the other writings here and on the forums by the Giant bomb Community

Lovable Lists 

GB user Borracho has created a list of mature games that everyone should play. Hizang lists all of the games he leads community hubs for. User AssInAss lists the Indie games he is excited for, and Mento...created something for this week. 

Useful User Reviews 

Author's Note:  Did you find or create any showcase worthy content on Giant Bomb be it related to the wiki or forums? Well then drop a comment on this here feature with a link to anything you have created or found and I promise to showcase it next week. Also to stay up on the best of the best of the Giant Bomb Community follow me on Twitter  @GiantBombSquad
InsidiousTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By InsidiousTuna

Crap! Didn't realize this was going up today. I wrote this last night, looking for advice, and meant to get it to you to get it added to the blogs. Hopefully someone notices and gives it a read. Lots of good stuff this week, particularly the writeup of the Smithsonian exhibit.

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#3  Edited By Mento  Moderator
and Mento...created something for this week.

Heck yeah he did.

Fobwashed's Draw Something sketches are amazing. I say this as one of Giant Bomb's most prolific providers of vaguely art-related content.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By buzz_clik

@ZombiePie: Dang it, missed the cut. As part of my ridiculous penchant for inventing Wipeout teams and logos for them, I've added the Drew-inspired Drësca Technologies to the stable and even wrote a blog about the creative process.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#5  Edited By LordAndrew
A week already? Damn. My knee-jerk reaction blog will go up tomorrow.
MrXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By MrXD

lol Armored Core V went on the Community Spotlight, twice! XD

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By Claude

ZombiePie and I are tracking each other on Gamespot. The Horror!

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By takashichea

Congrats everyone! That banner is so awesome.

xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By xpgamer7

Great week. I was busy most of it, but it was interesting when I was on. Also Fobwashed's threads are always interesting to look at programming and computer work.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By fobwashed

Big BOOOOOO!!

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By apathylad

Spotlighted!

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By Hizang

Awesome stuff this week guys, BIG BO!

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Seeing how I threw a couple of you for a loop when I published this unannounced on Thursday instead of Friday I'll publish the next Spotlight on Friday.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By Video_Game_King
Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 212

#15  Edited By Mento  Moderator

I got up to all manner of mischief this week. I'm never quite sure that these displays of self-promotion are needed, since you seem to catch everything. Couldn't hurt, I suppose.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 42

#16  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Hey, , I wanted to make sure you caught DanKempster's latest blog on the newer Tomb Raider games here. Oh, and yeah_write's blog on Mass Effect 3's middle here.

xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By xpgamer7

Can't believe how busy I was. I'll write something before I head off to PAX in a day.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#18  Edited By Hailinel

I and others have been turning the Kid Icarus: Uprising page into something respectable since its release.

The Pit and Palutena pages have also received significant work.

drevilbones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By drevilbones

Some duders seemed to enjoy our Dark Souls series, so perhaps somebody will dig our Half-Life play through.

Thanks for your consideration!

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Latest Spotlight is available over here