Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! GDC and PAX East are over, and the site is getting back to it's old motions. War were declared on the Giant Bomb EVE Online Corporation, Kite Co. Space Trucking. Join the war effort if you can over here. Also Dave is a father! Yeah, crazy right? Giant Bomb is mad with baby fever.
That said I'd like to remind you that @marino @mracoon and I have officially been moderating Giant Bomb for three years now! Also, I've been doing this Community Spotlight stuff officially for FOUR FREAKING YEARS!
As I stated on my Tumblr account thanks to everyone who made this all possible. Many of the people who helped me get to where I am either no longer moderate Giant Bomb or are no longer posting anymore. I’ve seen a lot of good and bad people come and go. Sometimes by choice, and other times…not so much. It’s humbling to say the least. It's been fun, and here's to another year!
- Tiger Woods Giant Bomb Country Club - Search for Giant Bomb as Seen Here!
- Dota 2 Community Team - Join a Hamburger's Giant Bomb Dota 2 Team (Kind of Sketchy!) Over Here!
- Giant Bomb Defiance Community Guild - Join the Luchadeers Guild Over Here!
Pour one out for LucasArt with the news that the studio has been closed. Also, check out the wiki page for the LucasArts company page and plenty of other LucasArts developed games, new and old, but mostly old. It may be the last time you'll see them as they get sent to the Disney vault. BattleBlock Theater on the other hand is that little game that finally came out and the Fire Emblem wiki editing community has done some great work on the Stahl character page.
- LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC
- Star Wars: Republic Commando
- Monkey Island (franchise)
- Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- Zombies Ate My Neighbors
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast
- BattleBlock Theater
Best of Blogs
LordAndrew has a special extension for any users wanting to edit the wiki on their Android devices, and EpicSteve continues to hit it out of the park with his blogs with this blog sharing his interview of the creator of Soda Drinker Pro. Mento graces us this week with two blogs, one providing a funny MS Paint webcomic and the other continuing his mad adventures with TurboGrafx-16 games. Video_Game_King played through Nimbus and The New Zealand Story on his latest and always hilarious weekly gaming blog. dankempster has written a blog discussing The Walking Dead's treatment of player choice, whereas leebmx explains why he considers The Walking Dead to be the most enjoyable fraud he has every played. Resident Might and Magic expert ArbitraryWater extrapolates on why Dark Messiah of Might and Magic isn't just a bad Might and Magic game, but a bad game overall. RetroVirus contemplated on why the combat is the root of his dissatisfaction with Dead Space 3, and Grantheaslip shares why he considers himself to be a Twilight Princess defender. Dalai survived PAX East 2013 and explains how on his latest llama filled blog, and BlazeHedgehog shares his recent creation having finally dabbled in the dark arts of game development. 7force has finally translated an interview of on of the minds behind Dark Souls completely, DonChipotle shares his early disappointed impressions of Defiance, and finally Demoskinos details how Ninja Gaiden 3: razor's Edge for the WiiU is what the game should have been in the first place.
- Want to Edit From a Mobile Device? Now You Can. (Android Only) (By: @lordandrew)
- Getting to Know Soda Drinker Pro's Will Brierly (By: @epicsteve)
- It Was Supposed to be About Flying, but Soon Became the Letter N (By: @video_game_king)
- The Comic Commish - April '13 (By: @mento)
- The TurboMento-12: The Legendary Axe (By: @mento)
- Choice And Impact - Thoughts On The Walking Dead (By: @dankempster)
- The Walking Dead - A Beautiful Fraud (By: @leebmx)
- I Play Old, Bad Games (Dark Messiah of Might and Magic) (By: @arbitrarywater)
- The Flaws in Combat and Enemy Encounters in Dead Space 3 (By: @retrovirus)
- I Survived PAX East. Here is My Story (By: @dalai)
- Scattered Thoughts About The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (By: @grantheaslip)
- AndrewB's Yearly (?) Gaming Update! (By: @andrewb)
- Behold: My First Foray in to Making Original Games! (By: @blazehedgehog)
- The Ninja Gaiden This SHOULD Have Been the First Time (By: @demoskinos)
- Early Defiance Impressions (By: @donchipotle)
- Dark Souls Design Works Translation: Weapons and Equipment Part 2/2 + Animation (By: @7force)
Brandonleedy has made some fantastic Interview Dumptruck art that has since gone on to become the iTunes art for the feature. Humanity on the other hand has created some BioShock Infinite fan art with a nice Jeff cameo. However, that's not the only BioShock related thread worth looking at! We still have loads of good discussions related to the game this week as the community is still a buzz about the game. Finally look over the winners of the GDC Awards and indicate which games would have been on your ballot.
- I Made Some "Interview Dump Truck" Album Art (By: @brandonleedy)
- I Made Some BioShock Infinite Art...With Jeff in it (By: @humanity)
- Spoils, Spoiled, Will Spoil - A BioShock Infinite FAQ (By: @starvinggamer)
- Bioshock Infinite 'Reading List' - Potential Spoilers (By: @walkertr77)
- 100+ Things You've Learned Playing Infinite [Spoilers!] (By: @beachthunder)
- Favorite BioShock Infinite Moments (Spoilers) (By: @mikey87144)
- Game Developer Choice Awards: Journey Sweeps Them, Here's Mine, What Would You Pick? (By: @irishalwaystaken)
Mento returns as the king of lists with an annotation of all of the female pirates and pirate queens of video games that he has experienced. Griffinmills on the other hand has created a list of brawlers that have translated well to home consoles and others that have not.
- That's MS. Pirate To You (By: @mento)
- Bringing the Fight Home: Home Versions of Brawlers That Done Good for Themselves...and a Few That Didn't (By: @griffinmills)
Useful User Reviews
- @trueenglishgent's user review of BioShock Infinite
- @mystyr_e's user review of BioShock Infinite
- @therealhowwie's user review of BioShock Infinite
- @subgenre's user review of Slender: The Arrival
User Created Podcasts
- Giant Bomb Community Podcast - Episode 1: Infinite Biotalk
- Another GB Community BioShock Infinite Spoilercast
- The Mighty Electronic Box (Week of 03/25/13)