Posted by ZombiePie (5556 posts) -

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! Patrick Klepek wants to do his own Jar Time video series, but he needs more questions! Ask him any video game or horror movie related questions that you have on his Comic Vine account. Are you still having issues with the video player on Giant Bomb? If so file detail your issues on Jeff Tumblr post over here and he'll direct your input the the proper engineers. Finally someone on Tumblr has created this wonderful piece of Patrick Klepek fan art:

Community Activities

• Giant Bomb Dota 2 Steam Group - Get Notifications Whenever an Event is Going to Happen Over Here!
  • Dota 2 Game Key Giveaway Thread - If You Have a Dota 2 Key You are Willing to Give to Another User Post Them Over Here!
  • Giant Bomb Community Tournament #2, April 27th - Sign Up for the Next Tournament Over Here!
  • Skullgirls New Matchmaking Thread - Excited for the New Characters? Get Ready for Them By Playing With Other Users Over Here!
  • Defiance BombSquad North America PC Clan - Join the "Fun" Over Here!

Wonderful Wikis

Now that Brad is drunk on Dota mystery you can join him by checking out the Dota 2 wiki page, and reading the Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (i.e. MOBA) concept page as well. Finally with the release of Age of Empire HD (which we do not have a separate wiki page for) get an idea why there are so many fans for the series by examining the Age of Empires II page.

Best of Blogs

The big highlights of this week come from Gamer_152 who discusses the development of generalizations related to genres in video games and with consumers, and Rmack who went to the Pinball Wizard pinball museum. MAguilera takes the controversial perspective that the ending of BioShock Infinite was slightly disappointing, whereas MetalGearSunny explains why the ending was mind meltingly awesome. RagingLion also joins the BioShock Infinite discussion this week by contemplating upon areas of improvement related to the game and for the industry, simultaneously yeah_write has a series of aweomse BioShock Infinite fan posters worth checking out. gogosox82 provides a comprehensive break down of the recently released Dark Souls 2 trailer, and Nonused decided to go back to his childhood favorites by re-playing Super Metroid. FLStyle shares the last hopes that we all have in regards to good fighting game movies, while mwng shares his recent foray into the Melty Blood fighting game series. Mento gets visual novel on you with a 999 centric blog. EpicSteve provides a rebuttak to the notion that the combat is the worst part to BioShock Infinite and SirOptimusPrime had some fun with Betrayal at Krondow with a fun role play inspired blog. BillytheKid and bishna bought knocked games from their backlog, similarly StarFoxA has defeated most of the Humble Bundle games for Andorid that he has been meaning to play.

Fantastic Forums

The poll of the week for this edition of the Spotlight is related to everyone's opinion about in-game purchases for random loot. We have an official Livestream thread for Divekick and an official discussion thread for Guacamelee. Finally if you have an impressive Warframe in Warfarme post pictures on the Warframe bragging thread.

Lovable Lists

We have two lists this week one coming from Taku128 who has created a list of every single "retro" video game that has been quick looked on the site. Boiglenoight on the other hand has created a list detailing the best old school PC games that he has ever played.

Useful User Reviews

User Created Podcasts

#1 Posted by Mento (2413 posts) -

Thanks for catching the 999 thing; I forgot to post a heads up in the last thread. It feels like this year's version of Nier (despite the two games coming out around the same time) with the amount of bloggers talking about it of late, though I guess it's largely because of VLR's release and Patrick's feedback on the two games more than anything.

I'm just glad there's still a substantial content-creating community here. It's been hard without many of the creature comforts we used to take for granted, though it would've helped if the designers/engineers were a little more transparent about the fact that these site relaunches were essentially forced due to GB/CV no longer being part of Whiskey Media. I'm not sure if I just blanked that part out during the preliminary Radio Show discussions or if the subject was politely tiptoed around for the sake of a cleaner break between the two companies, but knowing about it has made a few of the buggy/unsatisfactory aspects of the new site a lot more explicable and forgivable. When Dave and co replace all that was lost (c'mon Followed User's Blogs sidebar!) I hope some of the departed blogging/reviewing community will find their way back.

#2 Posted by ZombiePie (5556 posts) -

@mento said:

I'm not sure if I just blanked that part out during the preliminary Radio Show discussions or if the subject was politely tiptoed around for the sake of a cleaner break between the two companies, but knowing about it has made a few of the buggy/unsatisfactory aspects of the new site a lot more explicable and forgivable. When Dave and co replace all that was lost (c'mon Followed User's Blogs sidebar!) I hope some of the departed blogging/reviewing community will find their way back.

And let's be honest, the engineering team is small, especially with Dave out raising a child. When you look at it there aren't that many websites that have the level of transparency that you see here. You have Dave openly discussing the design process as well as openly admitting to mistakes. Then you have a board dedicated towards reporting bugs and issues that appears on everyone's forum feed/newest topics page.

It's like I said when the site first launched; let's try and work together to make this site work.

#3 Edited by BillyTheKid (484 posts) -

@zombiepie: Hey I am on here! Thanks a bunch! :D

These spotlights are seriously one of my favorite parts of the site.

#4 Posted by ZombiePie (5556 posts) -

@zombiepie: Hey I am on here! Thanks a bunch! :D

These spotlights are seriously one of my favorite parts of the site.

Hey that's why it's here, to provide you with a slice of what's been going on the site, and hopefully you're on here to toot.

#5 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6986 posts) -

This is pretty late, but thanks for the mention! I'll check the rest of these out when I'm not busy.

#6 Edited by ZombiePie (5556 posts) -

This is pretty late, but thanks for the mention! I'll check the rest of these out when I'm not busy.

Always here to help!

#7 Posted by The_Hiro_Abides (1249 posts) -

Seeing these just reminds me I need to edit more. It's cool to see other people's work being high lighted though!

#8 Posted by ZombiePie (5556 posts) -

Seeing these just reminds me I need to edit more. It's cool to see other people's work being high lighted though!

If this encourages users to do more on the site, well that's great.

#9 Posted by ZombiePie (5556 posts) -

The latest Spotlight is available for your viewing pleasure over here.

#10 Edited by Daveyo520 (6651 posts) -

Oh hey, cool. I saw you post that thread on twitter but not here. I guess it won't send you pm's if you @ someone in a thread.