Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

Edited By Marino  Staff
No Caption Provided

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight and I, @zombiepie, am once again honored to be your host. This week marks a very special anniversary regarding the Community Spotlight, and that is to say that I have officially been managing the Community Spotlight for over seven years. As Mr. Rorie would put it eloquently, "it's been a long road getting from there to here." I formally would like to thank @marino for reviewing and publishing these Spotlights on the front-page. I also would like to thank @mento for acting as my peer editor. Finally, I have a very hearty thanks to Mr. @rorie and the staff for providing me with the opportunity to share the Spotlight on the site. It's been a heck of a ride to say the least, and I would like to thank you all so much for supporting this feature with your kind and supportive comments. Anyways, before I get especially sappy let's belt out another batch of site related housekeeping:

I have no words....

Clip(s) of the Week

Part 1 of the Project B.E.A.S.T. Saga (By: @tokensonly)

tokensonly shows how far Vinny Caravella has come in Kerbal Space Program by compiling his earliest forays in the game, including clips from the old "Giant Bomb Flight Club," on this awesome video!

A Timelapse Of Jeff And Dan Uploading The Giant Bomb Level 3: Doable! In Super Mario Maker & Timelapse: Drew Vs. Revolver Ocelot (By: @mepsipax)

Mepsipax made a time-lapse of all of Dan Ryckert's and Jeff Gerstmann's attempts to complete The Giant Bomb Level 3: Doable in Super Mario Maker. He also created a time-lapse of every single one of Drew Scanlon's attempts to defeat Revolver Ocelot in Metal Gear Solid.

Best of Giant Bomb's Persona 4 Endurance Run--04 (Parts 046 to 057) (By: @clagnaught)

Here's Clagnaught's fourth "Best of Giant Bomb's Persona 4 Endurance Run," compilation video! Relive the magic NOW!

Giant Bomb Galleria

BANNER - The Giant Bomb Logo Meets VR (By: @graboids)

The Giant Bomb logo is embracing our VR future on graboids's latest work of Giant Bomb fan-art!

Jeff Loves to Dump (By: @chrissavely)

According to chrissavely Jeff "Loves to Dump" on this amazing work of Giant Bomb fan-art.

No Caption Provided

Community Activities

This year the GBCER is supporting Pencils of Promise
This year the GBCER is supporting Pencils of Promise

Giant Bomb Community Endurance Run VI (By: @thatpinguino)

The Giant Bomb Community Endurance Run charity live-streaming event starts NEXT WEEK! Learn all about how you can help support it by clicking the link above!

Giant Bomb Discord Game Day (By: @nikral)

The Giant Bomb Community Discord Server is planning on hosting their next community game club chat! The game this time is Syndicate, and you can read all about how you can join the event!

Best of Blogs

Who would have guessed that a blog about save systems would be one of the best user created blogs to read this week?
Who would have guessed that a blog about save systems would be one of the best user created blogs to read this week?

Save Systems - Some Thoughts on How Save Mechanics Have Evolved (By: @cav829)

How has saving in video games evolved over time? How can saving be used to enhance the story to a game? These are the interesting topics that Cav829 tackles on his highly educational blog!

Angels, Noise, and Rock & Roll: The Music of Silent Hill (By: @clagnaught)

The music of the very first Silent Hill game still haunts Clagnaught to this day. Read all about why on his highly extensive retrospective of the game, and its use of music.

Deep Interview: Get to Know the Endurance Runners: ZombiePie (By: @thatpinguino)

A while back I agreed to sell my dignity in order to help raise money for charity. As part of the Giant Bomb Community Endurance Run I will be allowing users to vote for which Final Fantasy game I will be playing for the event via their donations...you can even vote for all of them. Please pray for me.

Learning Through Video Games: The Talos Principle and the Garden of Eden (Spoilers) (By: @jasonr86)

JasonR86 shares how The Talos Principle assisted in clearing up personal and moral issues in his life, as well as providing a memorable gaming experience that he will hold onto for the rest of his life.

A game where it is socially acceptable to loudly shout
A game where it is socially acceptable to loudly shout "WHO AM I?!?!?!"

Dark Souls (Day 8) - First Full Run (Nito and Glitches) (By: @flashflood_29)

FlashFlood_29's quest to complete his first full run in Dark Souls recently led him to Gravelord Nito. Read all about how he defeated this nightmarish boss on his latest blog.

PAX Guide 2016: East Edition(By: @marino)

With PAX East 2016 just around the corner Giant Bomb Moderator Marino has a new edition to his incredibly helpful PAX Guides! Check it out if you're going to PAX East, and especially if PAX East 2016 is going to be your first PAX ever!

A Personal Video Game Retrospective (1986-2015) 2001 (By: @riostarwind)

2001 was a year defined by the GameCube and Game Boy Advance for RioStarwind. Read which games from that year he still holds near and dear to his heart.

Weekly Update #19 - April 6, 2016 (By: @qreedence)

It's coming...PAXAMANIA II is nigh! The return of Dr. Tracksuit is imminent!
It's coming...PAXAMANIA II is nigh! The return of Dr. Tracksuit is imminent!

Evoland 2: A Slight Case of Spacetime Continuum Disorder and Far Cry 3 are just a few of the games that graced qreedence last week! You can read his impressions about those games and more on his latest weekly update.

Sunday Summaries 03/04/2016: The Witcher 3 & Lumino City (By: @mento)

Giant Bomb Moderator Mento surmises what the most interesting big releases of the last week were, and pontificates what his Giant Bomb wiki plans are as well.

April Vita Lineup And Upcoming Titles (By: @blacklagoon)

A new month means that BlackLagoon is back with a blog that conveniently lists all of the games coming for the PlayStation Vita.

Join the Discussion

This is our future....
This is our future....

Have the Rift/Vive Streams Affected Your Desire to Own a Headset? (By: @mirado)

Have the Giant Bomb Virtual Reality headset live-streams impacted your feelings about Virtual Reality gaming overall? Vote and discuss the prickly matter over here.

Was Your First Souls Game Your Favorite?(By: @tafae)

Is your favorite game in the Souls franchise the first one that you played? Vote, and discuss this question that Giant Beast recently posed on the Giant Beastcast.

Enter the Gungeon Discussion Thread (By: @gratefuldead207)

Have any of you given Enter the Gungeon a shot? If you have, then feel free to share your impressions of the game with the rest of the Giant Bomb Community!

You get to KILL BULLETS! What else do I need to say?
You get to KILL BULLETS! What else do I need to say?

Fear Effect: Sedna Kickstarter Discussion Thread (By: @jakob187)

Are you excited for the Fear Effect: Sedna Kickstarter? Share your level of support for the KickStarter effort, and possible return of the series, with other excited community members.

Kingdom Hearts: Unchained χ Discussion Thread (By: @eddiephlash)

Kingdom Hearts: Unchained χ is out in the U.S. and all of you can feel free to join the rest of the community in discussing the most recent example of Kingdom Hearts insanity.

God of War 4 Leak Speculation and Discussion Thread (By: @freezyfrog)

What is your gut reaction related to the recent scuttlebutt for God of War 4? Feel free to share it with other befuddled Giant Bomb community members.

Why hello there Final Fantasy, how are you doing today?
Why hello there Final Fantasy, how are you doing today?

Which JRPGs Are You Looking Forward To This Year (By: @chocobodude3)

It looks like 2016 will be a GREAT year for JRPGs, so which JRPG are you most looking forward to? Feel free to vote and join our debate.

Hyper Light Drifter Upgrade Priorities Discussion Thread (By: @tomydingo)

For those that have been playing the game what are your upgrade priorities in Hyper Light Drifter? Share your favorite upgrade(s) on our discussion thread over here.

Useful User Reviews

This revolution will not be televised!
This revolution will not be televised!

Lovable Lists

10 Games to Honor my Best Friend Gunrock (By: @eder)

It has a recipe for success!
It has a recipe for success!

Eder is playing through 10 games that his recently deceased cousin loved most of all. Please read and help support his emotional journey.

Windjammers Clones (By: @icyeyes)

IcyEyes is working on a list of games that can be called a "Windjammers Clone." Can you think of more examples yourself?

Wonderful Wikis

Oculus Rift

So here we are. Two virtual reality headsets have now been released and many are debating the validity of the technology. On our wiki page for the Oculus Rift you can read all about its long journey to become a real product that you can now have in your very own hands.

timeshero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By timeshero

Neat!

Edit: Finally I've completed this GB Quest- oh wait.

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The Giant Bomb logo with the VR headset is just so perfect

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've never been so pleased with myself.

I imagine this is what Dan feels like every day of his life.

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The drawing by @chrissavely (Jeff Loves to Dump) is really great. It was an instant laugh. Reminded me of the Vive VR game where you could just dump bullets and Jeff was dumping like no other. ABS - Always Be Shooting. Anyway, just wanted to say fantastic job on the artwork!

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JasonR86
Airickson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great work as always!

chrissavely

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By chrissavely

Thanks @zombiepie for having my work here once again! And thank you to everyone else for all the kind words!

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

That Project Beast Saga video was great. I look forward to future installments of the saga.

Cav829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 2

Thanks so much for the shoutout!

Man, you're not kidding about how busy next week is going to get in the world of video games. So of course I chose this weekend to start The Witness on top of it.

VipeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, Jeff be straight dumpin'! Great week!

gamerpigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't that P4 ER video from the old compilation?

Avatar image for gratefuldead207
gratefuldead207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By gratefuldead207

Awesome stuff from the community as always, I love you guys! Thanks for the mention made my day!

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 4

I have officially been managing the Community Spotlight for over seven years

@zombiepie

Congratulations on the anniversary! Great stuff as always.

Part 06 of the Persona 4 HD Remix has also just gone up if anyone wants to check it out (there might be ads on it - AtlusUSA have auto-monetised the YouTube video)

IcyEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By IcyEyes

Wow. I can't believe you featured my dumb little list ;p. You're too kind @zombiepie. As I was researching some of the games for this list, I came across a disturbingly recognizable image:

No Caption Provided

Is Jeff, Drew, Dan, and Rorie moonlighting as game developers now?!?

Mepsipax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks @zombiepie for including not one, but two of my videos on this weeks list, which were, in all fairness, probably not my best work :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b71f33ff
deactivated-5ffc9b71f33ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 18

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great work as always!

@dryvby said:

Good work, @zombiepie! I love looking at these.

Thank you so much for your kind words, and continual support!

@mepsipax said:

Thanks @zombiepie for including not one, but two of my videos on this weeks list, which were, in all fairness, probably not my best work :)

Hey, thank you for creating the videos. Also feel free to publish your videos on the most recent Community Spotlight. This makes me more aware of your current videos, and it gives you more site coverage.

@icyeyes said:

Wow. I can't believe you featured my dumb little list ;p. You're too kind @zombiepie. As I was researching some of the games for this list, I came across a disturbingly recognizable image:

No Caption Provided

Is Jeff, Drew, Dan, and Rorie moonlighting as game developers now?!?

I love the idea, and hope that by promoting it on both Twitter and the Spotlight others will have suggestions for you. I certainly don't as I have never played Windjammers.

@stordoff said:

I have officially been managing the Community Spotlight for over seven years

@zombiepie

Congratulations on the anniversary! Great stuff as always.

Part 06 of the Persona 4 HD Remix has also just gone up if anyone wants to check it out (there might be ads on it - AtlusUSA have auto-monetised the YouTube video)

Good to hear! I have advertised the video on both Twitter and Tumblr. Now we just need to wait for the next Spotlight!

Isn't that P4 ER video from the old compilation?

I do not think so, but could you provide me with a link if possible?

@viper said:

Man, Jeff be straight dumpin'! Great week!

It's a "single entendre" as Jeff would put it bluntly.

@cav829 said:

Thanks so much for the shoutout!

Man, you're not kidding about how busy next week is going to get in the world of video games. So of course I chose this weekend to start The Witness on top of it.

That sounds like a good problem to have. If you ever find yourself publishing something on the site again, feel free to drop a link to it on the latest edition of the Community Spotlight.

That Project Beast Saga video was great. I look forward to future installments of the saga.

It's indeed awesome, and @tokensonly deserves credit for finding hilarious clips from the old "Giant Bomb Flight Club" for Part 1 of his video series.

Thanks @zombiepie for having my work here once again! And thank you to everyone else for all the kind words!

Thank you once again for creating something amazing related to the Giant bomb staff! Keep up the good work.

The drawing by @chrissavely (Jeff Loves to Dump) is really great. It was an instant laugh. Reminded me of the Vive VR game where you could just dump bullets and Jeff was dumping like no other. ABS - Always Be Shooting. Anyway, just wanted to say fantastic job on the artwork!

I fully and completely agree! It felt like deja vu.

@mtcantor said:

I've never been so pleased with myself.

I imagine this is what Dan feels like every day of his life.

The Giant Bomb logo with the VR headset is just so perfect

All credit goes to @graboids! It a clean and awesome work of art!

Neat!

Edit: Finally I've completed this GB Quest- oh wait.

Let us never speak of that, or the ill-fated "300" Quest that was scrapped two weeks into the Quest System.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By clagnaught

@zombiepie@gamerpigeon

I'm the person making the new Persona 4 Endurance Run compilation. There was that one series that covered the beginning parts of the game made like 6 years ago, but this is brand new and supposed to cover ALL of the ER.

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@zombiepie Is there a day of the week when you've usually decided everything you're going to put on the next spotlight?

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombiepie@gamerpigeon

I'm the person making the new Persona 4 Endurance Run compilation. There was that one series that covered the beginning parts of the game made like 6 years ago, but this is brand new and supposed to cover ALL of the ER.

Yeah, and I'm not sure the creator of the original series even has an account on Giant Bomb that they use.

@slaps2 said:

@zombiepie Is there a day of the week when you've usually decided everything you're going to put on the next spotlight?

I'm SUPPOSED to have my draft completed by Friday, but this week was the Giant Bomb Community Endurance Run. So I'm working on it right now

_Mattallica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#21  Edited By _Mattallica

Not sure if I'm too late but I finally reviewed Quantum Break on PC which you can find HERE.