The Community Spotlight - 04/13/2012

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Between the Time When the Oceans Drank Atlantis and the Rise of the Sons of Aryas, There was Giant Bomb
    Between the Time When the Oceans Drank Atlantis and the Rise of the Sons of Aryas, There was Giant Bomb

Welcome! 

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! For those that went to PAX East 2012 last weekend I hope you all had a fun but safe trip, unlike Sweep who got away with raping Dave. Also you may have noticed that like last week there have been almost no Quick Looks this week. Unfortunately Vinny and Drew are out of the office, and the engineers that are here are not video engineers. If you wanted to know at one point Alexis and Patrick spent about an hour trying to figure out how the capture equipment worked. As a result there's not much in terms of housekeeping other than the site engineers are still busy re-designing all of Giant Bomb. Finally here's GB user TurboMan's latest Best of Quick Look video:    

Community Activities 

• Giant Bomb Community StarCraft II US Tournament #13, April 29th! - Sign Up Over Here!
  • Giant Bomb Community Skullgirls Online Gamertag/PSN ID Swapping Thread - Hook Up with Other Users Here!
  • Unofficial Japanese Learning Thread - Give Advice or Try and Learn Over Here!

Wonderful Wikis 

The original fighting game Skullgirls has received an out-pour of interest from the Giant Bomb community judging by it's impressive wiki article and the same can be said of Legend of Grimlock, a modern dungeon crawler. If you had no idea that there is an iPhone/iPad tie-in game for Mass Effect 3 check out the wiki for Mass Effect: Infiltrator. Finally check out the recent good work on the Mage Knight franchise page and Ridge Racer, and get nostalgic with the Punch-Out!! Arcade and Commodore 64 wiki articles. 

Best of Blogs 

The true highlight for this week as hinted in the faux banner for this week are the artistic works by Fobwashed who has been pixelizing images of the staff this week. Not to be outdone GB user Jan has created a 3D model of the Giant Bomb logo. We have a whole slew of blogs about PAX East 2012 this week from users Xpgamer7, Apocralyptic, and Marino. AlexW00d has started a blog series about his efforts to play every game in the 1C Complete pack, and jbn566 continues his series about baseball video games. TheDudeOfGaming and pickassoreborn talk about how they can't go back to Skyrim anymore. Music Maestro Hamst3r has some new works of his he wants you to listen to. AlisterCat talks about indie games and shares some fan art for Pid and ErgoMeSmart continues his efforts to finish his Indie Game Bundle backlog. TinoXtreme went back to the first two Sonic games and hasvlad went back to manhunt. Finally as always users Video_Game_King and Psycosis continue their blog series and tas to be expected there are many more blogs worth checking out on Giant Bomb every day.  

Lovable Lists 

Three lists this week. Pepsiman gives you a handful of games that might teach you something about the Japanese language. AdzPearson who has been writing blogs about JRPGs gives you a status on the ones he has played. Finally Mento lists the games he has played that having floating cities in them. 

User Reviews 

User Created Podcasts 

Author's Note: Did you find or create any showcase worthy content on Giant Bomb be it related to the wiki or forums? Well then drop a comment on this here feature with a link to anything you have created or found and I promise to showcase it next week. Also to stay up on the best of the best of the Giant Bomb Community follow me on Twitter @GiantBombSquad
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Welcome! 

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! For those that went to PAX East 2012 last weekend I hope you all had a fun but safe trip, unlike Sweep who got away with raping Dave. Also you may have noticed that like last week there have been almost no Quick Looks this week. Unfortunately Vinny and Drew are out of the office, and the engineers that are here are not video engineers. If you wanted to know at one point Alexis and Patrick spent about an hour trying to figure out how the capture equipment worked. As a result there's not much in terms of housekeeping other than the site engineers are still busy re-designing all of Giant Bomb. Finally here's GB user TurboMan's latest Best of Quick Look video:    

Community Activities 

• Giant Bomb Community StarCraft II US Tournament #13, April 29th! - Sign Up Over Here!
  • Giant Bomb Community Skullgirls Online Gamertag/PSN ID Swapping Thread - Hook Up with Other Users Here!
  • Unofficial Japanese Learning Thread - Give Advice or Try and Learn Over Here!

Wonderful Wikis 

The original fighting game Skullgirls has received an out-pour of interest from the Giant Bomb community judging by it's impressive wiki article and the same can be said of Legend of Grimlock, a modern dungeon crawler. If you had no idea that there is an iPhone/iPad tie-in game for Mass Effect 3 check out the wiki for Mass Effect: Infiltrator. Finally check out the recent good work on the Mage Knight franchise page and Ridge Racer, and get nostalgic with the Punch-Out!! Arcade and Commodore 64 wiki articles. 

Best of Blogs 

The true highlight for this week as hinted in the faux banner for this week are the artistic works by Fobwashed who has been pixelizing images of the staff this week. Not to be outdone GB user Jan has created a 3D model of the Giant Bomb logo. We have a whole slew of blogs about PAX East 2012 this week from users Xpgamer7, Apocralyptic, and Marino. AlexW00d has started a blog series about his efforts to play every game in the 1C Complete pack, and jbn566 continues his series about baseball video games. TheDudeOfGaming and pickassoreborn talk about how they can't go back to Skyrim anymore. Music Maestro Hamst3r has some new works of his he wants you to listen to. AlisterCat talks about indie games and shares some fan art for Pid and ErgoMeSmart continues his efforts to finish his Indie Game Bundle backlog. TinoXtreme went back to the first two Sonic games and hasvlad went back to manhunt. Finally as always users Video_Game_King and Psycosis continue their blog series and tas to be expected there are many more blogs worth checking out on Giant Bomb every day.  

Lovable Lists 

Three lists this week. Pepsiman gives you a handful of games that might teach you something about the Japanese language. AdzPearson who has been writing blogs about JRPGs gives you a status on the ones he has played. Finally Mento lists the games he has played that having floating cities in them. 

User Reviews 

User Created Podcasts 

Author's Note: Did you find or create any showcase worthy content on Giant Bomb be it related to the wiki or forums? Well then drop a comment on this here feature with a link to anything you have created or found and I promise to showcase it next week. Also to stay up on the best of the best of the Giant Bomb Community follow me on Twitter @GiantBombSquad
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

What about that Japanese resource thread? Or is 's blog enough of one, somehow?

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff
@Video_Game_King: You are mistaken. Everything you provided a link to in the last Spotlight is here. 
FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By FateOfNever

I don't know if it counts, but, Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes is in open beta now and I started a topic for people to post their IDs if they're playing. It's gotten about zero attention so far, and I doubt many GBers are playing it, but, I'm trying to get this game some amount of attention right now, so, if it counts, the thread is here. I'm not even entirely sure WHY I've been trying to get this game more attention as it's not like I've been playing the game hardcore or anything. Maybe I just feel like it's a pretty cool game that more people should be checking out. If I feel like it this weekend I may do a write up of the game so far giving my impressions, maybe that will help bring some attention to it.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By fobwashed

Woo!! Headlining =P I did it all for the love of the bomb. And to kill boredom. Thanks for the ups and great collection as per usual

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

@FateOfNever: Sure no problem.

@Fobwashed: Your art in whatever form it comes in is always appreciated.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By Claude

Fobwashed's pixel art is the best.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By turboman

thanks for including my video, ZP

AdzPearson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#9  Edited By AdzPearson

Thanks for highlighting my time travel blog and the JRPG list. :D

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By ShadowConqueror

Oh hey, my Mage Knight page is listed. I'm so proud.

CaptainScarLeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By CaptainScarLeg
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Video_Game_King

@ZombiePie said:

@Daniel_Newton said:

Here's a link to my latest blog post: Featured Figures #02: Chie, Natsu, Yoko, Samus, Avengers Iron Man

You mean your "Pervertpalooza?"

Only the end, unless generic anime dudes get you wet and in the mood. (That's how humans indicate a readiness to mate, right? They say things like "wet" and "in the mood"?)

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#14  Edited By LordAndrew
alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#15  Edited By alistercat

Great stuff as always, though I always feel good when I've already viewed most of it by myself.

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By takashichea

Congrats everyone!

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Video_Game_King
Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#19  Edited By Mento  Moderator
zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By zanzibarbreeze
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Latest edition of the Spotlight is available here.