The Community Spotlight - 04/20/2012

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Great Job to  B0nd07 for the Best User Created Art for this Week!   
 Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! If you did not know Wikipedia has determined that Jeff is worthy of being labeled as a "notable resident" on the Wiki Page for Petaluma. Were you unable to go to PAX East this year? GB mod Marino has you covered with 15 videos from the Rock Band event and over 775 pictures from the event. For those interested in making the Giant Bomb Wiki Database or Wiki Points check out the recent slew of Wiki Tasks for Wrestling and Harry Potter characters! The Whiskey Media Store has a new simple T-Shirt with just the Giant Bomb Logo for sale. With this aside please remember that all users that still have their Memberships until April 19th will receive a coupon/waiver for a Free Total Access Membership at Gamespot! 

Community Activities & Game Communities

• Giant Bomb Trials Evolution Community Thread - Join Other Users Over Here!
  • Giant Bomb Community Super Monday Night Steam Group - Play with Other Users Online on Steam Over Here!
  • Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes Giant Bomb Community Player List - Join Other Users Over Here!
  • Official Fez Puzzle Hint Thread - Share or Find Out the Solutions to the Puzzles in Fez Over Here!
  • Tribes Ascend Online Profile Sharing Thread - Hook Up with Other Users Over Here!
  • Giant Bomb Community StarCraft II US Tournament #13, April 29th! - Sign Up Over Here!

Great Guides 

Yes that's right we have a guide to showcase this week an it's no slouch. This Fez Megaguide will help you get through most of the puzzles in Fez and is still getting bigger and better as we speak. So check it out and see if it can help you in any way1

Wonderful Wikis 

Recent releases Fez, Super Monday Night Combat and Trails Evolution are highlights for this week. Airmech has not just caught the attention of the staff for its Herzog Zwei-esque gameplay, but the community as well with its Wiki article. Finally the Wiki Pages for Spriggan Powered and Luke Skywalker are new and improved masterpieces thanks to the Wiki Task system. 

Best of Blogs

If you have been playing and enjoying Fez take the time to check out user Servbot's wallpaper thread as he has created a slew of great wallpapers based on Fez worth checking out. Alaska_Gamer, AdzPearson, Psycosis, aurahack, and Video_Game_King all give you a weekly update on their video gaming. BisonHero and DeF has taken the time to look back  and recall in disappointment Blizzard's Starcraft 2 and World of Warcraft respectively. StarvingGamer lists all of the combos for Skullgirls's Filia. Mod and racing game tournament host PsEG discusses tournament formats for Trials Evolution. Mento remembers in nostalgia the best and worst in video game maps. I_smell gives you an update on the development progress for his indie game. Dankempster continues his Final Fantasy VII endurance run while users and PerfidiousSinn and Enigma777 recall their gaming marathon sessions for Persona 4 and Kingdoms of Amalur respectively. User yeah_write has five gaming recommendation for Andriod phone users.  ZanzibarBreeze has created a 6 hour audio clip of the best moments of the Giant Bombcast from 2009. Daniel_Newton showcases some figurines, AlexW00d continues to plow through the 1C Complete pack, and there are plenty more blogs beyond these worth checking out! 

Lovable Lists 

GB user Mento entertain with his list of memorable one-on-one boss duels in video games. User systemlife221113 is in the process of creating a list of every video game "ally" ever with his list. 

Useful User Reviews 

Author's Note:  Did you find or create any showcase worthy content on Giant Bomb be it related to the wiki or forums? Well then drop a comment on this here feature with a link to anything you have created or found and I promise to showcase it next week. Also to stay up on the best of the best of the Giant Bomb Community follow me on Twitter   @GiantBombSquad
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! If you did not know Wikipedia has determined that Jeff is worthy of being labeled as a "notable resident" on the Wiki Page for Petaluma. Were you unable to go to PAX East this year? GB mod Marino has you covered with 15 videos from the Rock Band event and over 775 pictures from the event. For those interested in making the Giant Bomb Wiki Database or Wiki Points check out the recent slew of Wiki Tasks for Wrestling and Harry Potter characters! The Whiskey Media Store has a new simple T-Shirt with just the Giant Bomb Logo for sale. With this aside please remember that all users that still have their Memberships until April 19th will receive a coupon/waiver for a Free Total Access Membership at Gamespot! 

Community Activities & Game Communities

• Giant Bomb Trials Evolution Community Thread - Join Other Users Over Here!
  • Giant Bomb Community Super Monday Night Steam Group - Play with Other Users Online on Steam Over Here!
  • Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes Giant Bomb Community Player List - Join Other Users Over Here!
  • Official Fez Puzzle Hint Thread - Share or Find Out the Solutions to the Puzzles in Fez Over Here!
  • Tribes Ascend Online Profile Sharing Thread - Hook Up with Other Users Over Here!
  • Giant Bomb Community StarCraft II US Tournament #13, April 29th! - Sign Up Over Here!

Great Guides 

Yes that's right we have a guide to showcase this week an it's no slouch. This Fez Megaguide will help you get through most of the puzzles in Fez and is still getting bigger and better as we speak. So check it out and see if it can help you in any way1

Wonderful Wikis 

Recent releases Fez, Super Monday Night Combat and Trails Evolution are highlights for this week. Airmech has not just caught the attention of the staff for its Herzog Zwei-esque gameplay, but the community as well with its Wiki article. Finally the Wiki Pages for Spriggan Powered and Luke Skywalker are new and improved masterpieces thanks to the Wiki Task system. 

Best of Blogs

If you have been playing and enjoying Fez take the time to check out user Servbot's wallpaper thread as he has created a slew of great wallpapers based on Fez worth checking out. Alaska_Gamer, AdzPearson, Psycosis, aurahack, and Video_Game_King all give you a weekly update on their video gaming. BisonHero and DeF has taken the time to look back  and recall in disappointment Blizzard's Starcraft 2 and World of Warcraft respectively. StarvingGamer lists all of the combos for Skullgirls's Filia. Mod and racing game tournament host PsEG discusses tournament formats for Trials Evolution. Mento remembers in nostalgia the best and worst in video game maps. I_smell gives you an update on the development progress for his indie game. Dankempster continues his Final Fantasy VII endurance run while users and PerfidiousSinn and Enigma777 recall their gaming marathon sessions for Persona 4 and Kingdoms of Amalur respectively. User yeah_write has five gaming recommendation for Andriod phone users.  ZanzibarBreeze has created a 6 hour audio clip of the best moments of the Giant Bombcast from 2009. Daniel_Newton showcases some figurines, AlexW00d continues to plow through the 1C Complete pack, and there are plenty more blogs beyond these worth checking out! 

Lovable Lists 

GB user Mento entertain with his list of memorable one-on-one boss duels in video games. User systemlife221113 is in the process of creating a list of every video game "ally" ever with his list. 

Useful User Reviews 

Author's Note:  Did you find or create any showcase worthy content on Giant Bomb be it related to the wiki or forums? Well then drop a comment on this here feature with a link to anything you have created or found and I promise to showcase it next week. Also to stay up on the best of the best of the Giant Bomb Community follow me on Twitter   @GiantBombSquad
turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By turboman

Welcome, folks, to the first ever Wrestling Spotlight. Brought to you buy your good friends over at The Wrestling Ring. A lot has happened this week, as we have a list of matches that was announced for Ring of Honor's next iPPV "Border Wars" and we have reactions from TNA Lockdown from last weekend. Also, Antonio Cesaro (formerly known as Claudio Castagnoli) is set to debut for Smackdown tonight. This news is so exciting... it makes me want to just say YES! YES! YES!

Things being discussed here -

• TNA Lockdown was a let-down. The crowd was bored and the ending of the main event was illogical. Take a look here.
  • I (TurboMan) went to a Smackdown show live. That means I got to see this in person.
  • WWE NXT is incredible this week.
  • To celebrate Antonio Cesaro debuting tonight, I'm sharing this match against El Generico as something you should watch if you don't know him. Eyy!

Author's Note: Are you a programmer, able to attain licenses to the whiskey engine or some kind of knockoff engine? Then you should make a wrestling website! I want to be able to search through every wrestler that shoots out green poison mist like Lord Tensai and The Great Muta.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#3  Edited By LordAndrew

"Notable residents" and "notable alumni" lists are so pointless. Categories already exist for that stuff. I don't want to have to scroll past a big list of names before I can learn more about Petaluma. But I digress. I should go check out some of yeah_write's other recommendations. Temple Run has served me well.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Video_Game_King

@TurboMan said:

First.

First to point out the lack of pot references.

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#5  Edited By Mento  Moderator

Good stuff, liking all the Fez coverage. I've been avoiding it all week so I can start it fresh this weekend - I'll be doing my darndest not to cheat on any puzzle solutions, but having that guide nearby shouldn't hurt.

The Friend/Ally list is interesting, because I've been pondering making a similar one with every fictional race featured in a video game in case the wiki rehaul creates a separate category for them (which is something Jeff's talked about more than once), thereby making the shift slightly easier for the mods/heavy wiki users. I did have to create a few while making that "four-armed races" list I did a while back, so I wonder if ensuring we have a whole bunch more in time for that (still theoretical) update wouldn't make for an interesting wiki initiative. But that's for a different thread in a different forum, I guess. Kudos to everyone featured this week.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#6  Edited By LordAndrew

@Mento: Hopefully that goes better than my list of characters that are real people, which I gave up on due to the bazillion sportspeople that had to be added.

B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By B0nd07

@ZombiePie: Thanks!

Good stuff all around, as usual!

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Sarumarine

Yeah! Hot Community Spotlight action has arrived! Oh man. That is a fantastic emblem for the Flight Club. I feel like there should be a graveyard of crashed planes... but that's just me.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By turboman

Sneak Attack!

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By takashichea

Congrats everyone!

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By AlexW00d

After a load of 'iffy' games, I am finally on to Cryostasis; finally a game I can enjoy :D

Thanks fo' the spot.

B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By B0nd07

@Sarumarine: Thanks! That's not a bad idea either, but with the official shirt out now there's no real point in doing anything more with it.

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Sarumarine

@B0nd07: Wow! There's an official shirt? Somehow I didn't know about that yet. Thanks.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By Claude

What the fuck is Turbo doing making a sub Spotlight on the Spotlight?

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By N7

I made this

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Enigma777

Appreciate the mention.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Sackmanjones

I see I made the useful review list. Very much appreciate the mention.

I wrote 2 blogs (hopefully more to come) about my recent and first playthrough of the Silent Hill series. If they made it on your next spotlight I would be grateful! 

Here is Part 1 and Part 2

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By FateOfNever

As.. hinted at? I didn't really promise it, but, I did end up writing the first of a two part blog talking about Wrath of Heroes. It's more of a break down of what the game is than anything else, but I should have the second part - which will be a more personal account of my time with the game thus far - tomorrow or so, I hope.

I'm still not hopeful this will be enough to get more people playing the game (it's not like my blogs get much attention even with the help of the community spotlight) but it also gives me something to write about, and I desperately need practice writing, so it's a win either way! Right?

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By Video_Game_King
zamaeri09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#20  Edited By zamaeri09

Not to toot my own horn but here is my review of The Walking Dead. My first ever review, so criticisms and advice would be great but yeah hopefully I can convince some people to at least try out the first episode. my plan is to review it again after the series is done and review it as a whole.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Latest Spotlight is up here