Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Edited By ZombiePie  Staff
These are the
These are the "Top Men" of Giant Bomb!

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community, and I'm your host as always! It's a slow week in terms of games but there's plenty of video content to enjoy this week. You got three Bombasticas, plenty of Quick Looks, Icelandic text and video content, and plenty of other great stuff to mull over. That said if you were on the site at any point earlier in the week you may have had issues with editing the wiki or posting on the site. Following that there were issues with the moderation tools that involved users getting necessarily banned without warning. If you ever have these issues never hesitate to attempt to contact @rorie our new Community Manager, he'll get to the bottom of anything now. At least that's what I have been told they are paying for...jeez I hope they are paying him. Speaking of Rorie, he may be on the Guinness Book of World Records as being the first person to write a blog about unemployment with pictures of puppies in it. Also great work Giant Bomb Community in your input on where the Mega Man series should go next:

Yeah.......
Yeah.......

Community Activities

• Persona 4 Arena Xbox/PS3 Friends list (Europe Edition) - Join the Community European Friendlist Over Here!
  • Monaco XBLA Co-Op List - Play Monaco via XBLA With Other Users By Heading Over Here!

Wonderful Wikis

It was a week of almost nothing in terms video games...So for the wonderful wikis let's look at the two of the three subjects of Bombasticas this week! So if you want to learn more about Life Force or Burnout 2 check out our wiki pages for those games! Also, soem great work was recently done on the wiki page for Mini Motor Racing EVO.

Best of Blogs

Mento is a blogging machine this week as he continues his Mento May Madness providing a blog about a different game every day. Check them all out if you have the time. However that not the only notable blogging series this week. Dankempster has started his journey through every single Metal Gear game with Metal Gear on the NES. RJPelonia has started a blog series examining games of this generation that were cancelled and begins with Eyedentify. Terramantis contemplates on what the next big art style will be for the next generation by examining the history of art. Video_Game_King finally got around to Psychonauts and talks about that and Psycho Fox, and has an update on his screenshot journey through Persona 3. Euphorio is a long standing League of Legends player and talks about how Dota 2 is different and similar to LoL. Atmonauti details why he's started to warm up to Defiance after playing it for an entire month now. Demoskinos rediscovered why Dragon's Dogma was a great game with the release of Dark Arisen. Colorwind has already decided what he thinks his GoTY list will be and Daneian play through Mother 3 with the announcement of Earthbound coming to the WiiU. GERALTITUDE has broken down why you should be incredibly skeptical about giving Dennis Dyack your money and SPENCE_5060 gives you an update on the games he played this month. Finally thatpinguino wrote an essay about Telltale's The Walking Dead that he has re-posted for you to read over and comment on.

Fantastic Forums

The "Can't Remember the Name of This Game" Thread is back in action! If there are any games that you have on the tip of your mind, but have forgotten the name to head on over there! Do you have a favorite quote from Jeff? If so share it on the Jeff Quote thread. Do you have any games you plan on completing during the summer, dare I say Summer game jams? Talk about them on the summer gaming discussion thread. Finally are there any games you wished were not on your achievement history? Explain which games you could delete from your history forever on the thread discussing your most regrettable game achievement.

Lovable Lists

Probablytuna is playing his first Fire Emblem game with Awakening, and given you a list of his casualty list as he progresses through the game, so read all about the his mistakes on his list! Angouri finally bought a PlayStation Vita and lists the games he has played on it.

Useful User Reviews

User Created Podcasts

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Fantastic my Summer Jam's thread apparently made the cut. Oh, and a review of Zeno Blade II by @animasta how...expected. =p

Also wondering how @dankempster is coming along on his Metal Gear thing its 11 days in duder! I hope you are making progress! Haven't seen any recent updates.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Following that there were issues with the moderation tools that involved users getting necessarily banned without warning.

To be fair, my banning was completely necessary. You guys had to stop me before I posted that one picture (you know the one I mean).

Also, damn, I didn't realize my thread would get put in here. I just put that up as back up in case my actual blog yesterday didn't make it. I have to remember to post that thing in here more often (since I update every day and everything).

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By danielkempster

@demoskinos: I'm still making fairly steady progress. I beat Metal Gear 2 on Thursday and I'm now a fair way through Metal Gear Solid. Expect a blog on the former later today.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Animasta

(PST MY REVIEW IS OF ZENO CLASH 2 NOT ZENO BLADE 2

I don't think zeno blade 2 is a real game either

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Video_Game_King

@animasta said:

I don't think zeno blade 2 is a real game either

What about that Wii U Xeno whatever trailer?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Video_Game_King

@animasta:

Would you be able to tell the difference if I told you, though (key word being "told")?

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

Thank you @zombiepie for including my Mother blog!

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#9  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Sad face about user reviews (again). Those have become my favorite part of the Spotlight.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Hamst3r
atmonauti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Holy cow, my first blog post on the site, and I get spotlighted?? Thanks!

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By takashichea

Congrats everyone! Awesome job on the wiki pages.

I have a wiki page, Fi. She's my 2nd Zelda wiki page. She was a challenge to do since some parts can be redundant. I welcome any changes to the page. I have been rusty with the wiki pages due to the freedom to establish any wiki style to page. I just don't have a set formula for Zelda character pages yet. I'm still experimenting. I only have Fire Emblem and Dark Cloud wiki formulas. I believe Groose was my best one I've done for the Legend of Zelda franchise.

Due to some crazy projects in Anime Vice and finals at school, I might or might not squeeze a Fire Emblem character page this week.

Oh, Screened is starting up the Star Trek wiki month. I'm volunteering there to help out even though I haven't watch Star Trek. It will be an awesome experience. I want to return the favor to Acura Max who helped my team and I in the wiki and anime trailer project at Anime Vice. If anyone is a fan of Star Trek and wants to help out on the wiki pages such as adding quotes, images, and plot summaries, please contact Acura Max at Screened.

Thank you everyone.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#13 gamer_152  Moderator

Glad to see so many people doing blogs, even if there aren't as many reviews around right now. Here is a review I did this week, and I thought this blog might be worth considering as well.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#15 Mento  Moderator

You already know what the deal is with me this week. Honestly, I think your Twitter caught every new blog from the people I keep an eye on.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 ZombiePie  Staff

The latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight is available over here.