The Community Spotlight - 05/16/2015

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

Edited By Marino  Staff
Dr. Tracksuit vs. Mr. WorldWide (By:CosmicBacon)
Dr. Tracksuit vs. Mr. WorldWide (By:CosmicBacon)

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight, and I, @zombiepie, am honored to be your host once again! Things were mostly quiet this week, but that does not mean that the Giant Bomb Community was asleep all week long. Firstly @cosmicbacon is the user to thank for the banner this week, and it is also worth noting that he has a blog which compiles the best of his artistic works right here. Speaking of user art it sounds like @fobwashed is making great progress with animating the PAXAMANIA personas of the Giant Bomb staff. Also, @jordha has created a Giant Bomb themed card game in Tabletop Simulator, that you can download and play right NOW!

Now, onto the site bugs this week. The first report deals with users having issues with posting comments on the site. As @jslack explains here. Giant Bomb has been known to have issues with the extension Ghostery so try disabling that extension to see if that helps. Also, for users that are using Firefox, please be aware that if you do not download Flash your only video playback option will be HTML 5 based. That covers the housekeeping so let us get on with the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight!

Clip(s) of the Week

• Our first video comes from CosmicBacon which provides a time lapse of how he created the MS Paint banner for this week. The second video comes from @twitterlegend and combines Giant Bomb with the Seinfeld intro to hilarious effect. Finally, we have the latest, and always great, edition of @turboman's "Best of Giant Bomb" video series.

The Giant Bomb Weekly Gallery

• This week we have a smattering of works of art from the Giant Bomb Staff MS Paint user created art showcase. Of course this is just the tip of the iceberg, and if you want to see more nightmare fuel just check out the thread over here. I am warning you...some of the works will give you nightmares

Community Activities

Best of Blogs

Join the Discussion

inoajd for Found This Tribute to Ryan in Invisible, Inc.
inoajd for Found This Tribute to Ryan in Invisible, Inc.

Lovable Lists

• Platformative 3D Platformers (By: @mento) - Platformers may be Giant Bomb moderator Mento's favorite genre, and he shares a comprehensive outlook of the many 3D platformers he has played in his lifetime on his latest list.
  • Games of Video in the Year 2003 CE (By: @brodehouse) - Brodehouse looks back on the biggest, and in his opinion, best gaming experiences of 2003 on his latest list this week.
  • Kawika's Games Journal of 2015 (By: @kawika) - With most of 2015 down Kawika has started working on a running tab of all of the games that he has played in 2015. Check out his list and read his final impression on all of the games.

Wonderful Wikis

• Mario Party 10 - YOOOO! 2015's front runner for Game of the Year, Mario Party 10, now has a 250+ wiki page! Learn all about how you can host your own joyous Mario Party Party!
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - The real big release for this week is The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, and you can read all about the premise, gameplay changes, and the different versions of the game on our wonderful wiki page. Why yes I am a bad person for putting Mario Party 10 ahead of The Witcher 3!

Useful User Reviews

• @sagesebas throughly enjoyed his time with Axiom Verge and you can read why he enjoyed it so much on his review.
  • @jaypb08 decided to go back and play The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings before the release of the third entry in the franchise. Read all about how the game pleasantly surprised him despite being intimidated by it at first.
Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Thanks for doing this duder, love reading through these.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By csl316

I'm always extra impressed when people do amazing shit with MS Paint.

And that Galloping Ghost blog just reminds me that I should go down there more often with my 15 minute drive. I'd love the GB crew to visit there one of these days, and I'm sure Doc would love to have them.

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Video Games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Great list as always!

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Thank you for the spotlight! Don't know if I'll get one in before next week as it will be two games, but you never know.

PerfidiousSinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 3

Thanks for the spotlight amigo.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By kasaioni

Isn't it more appropriate to say "centers on" rather than "centers around" ?

THE_RUCKUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am really enjoying ms paint drawings its great selection of talent and madness.

kewlsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Thanks for creating this. I loved watching the screenshots of the Galloping Ghost Arcade! Stupid name though!

chortleofearl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bradpig and heat 2 drawing are pretty funny

TanookiSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whoa, that Ryan Davis tribute! The Bombfeld vid and MSpaint thread are gold too :D

Thanks for writing up these breakdowns; they're fantastic!

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#13  Edited By riostarwind  Moderator

Thanks for doing this spotlight like always Zombiepie and for mentioning the photo blog I put up.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

aawwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeessssssooooooooooooome

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PimblyCharles

The ending to that Best of Giant Bomb video is great. Never thought I'd question having nacho cheese again one day. Thanks Dan...

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

holy shit the good idea/bad idea part at the end of the best of video was fantastic.

bigmess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombiepie Thanks for including my beautiful tribute to Papa Vinny and his barbershop!

secretfort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About halfway through filling out that Mario Party 10 wiki I realized I was doing it at like 2 in the morning and felt dead inside but I guess it was all worth it to make it on here!

cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brad's fit of laughter when winning that Mario Party is really something special. It makes me laugh every time I watch it. Dan's complete disbelief contrasted against his elation is really beautiful.

ProfMachineGun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ProfMachineGun

this vs pic is now my screen saver - thanks

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

@csl316 said:

I'm always extra impressed when people do amazing shit with MS Paint.

And that Galloping Ghost blog just reminds me that I should go down there more often with my 15 minute drive. I'd love the GB crew to visit there one of these days, and I'm sure Doc would love to have them.

From the sounds of it @riostarwind recommends that you check it out.

About halfway through filling out that Mario Party 10 wiki I realized I was doing it at like 2 in the morning and felt dead inside but I guess it was all worth it to make it on here!

Let us defend Mario Party together!

holy shit the good idea/bad idea part at the end of the best of video was fantastic.

The ending to that Best of Giant Bomb video is great. Never thought I'd question having nacho cheese again one day. Thanks Dan...

It is one of the best endings that @turboman has done yet!

Whoa, that Ryan Davis tribute! The Bombfeld vid and MSpaint thread are gold too :D

Thanks for writing up these breakdowns; they're fantastic!

Yeah many thanks to @inoajd for finding that.

@kasaioni said:

Isn't it more appropriate to say "centers on" rather than "centers around" ?

Quoting the Wiktionary usage notes for center:

Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary observes that center around is objected to by some people on the grounds that it is illogical, but states that it is an idiom, and thus that such objections are irrelevant.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kasaioni

@zombiepie: I guess my third year philosophy professors don't like idioms then.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

@player1 said:

Thanks for doing this duder, love reading through these.

@bigmess said:

@zombiepie Thanks for including my beautiful tribute to Papa Vinny and his barbershop!

aawwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeessssssooooooooooooome

Thanks for doing this spotlight like always Zombiepie and for mentioning the photo blog I put up.

Thanks for the spotlight amigo.

Video Games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I forgot to say this before, but thank you for the kind words and please do keep me posted if you find anything worth showcasing for next week!

kewlsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Hey guys, any chance you could help me track down some more Phoenix Wright clones? I made a list with those I already found. Thanks!
Phoenix Wright Clones

PerfidiousSinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27  Edited By PerfidiousSinn
MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

grtkbrandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty stoked that one of my blogs made it into the community spotlight. :D Lots of awesome artwork.

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212