The Community Spotlight - 05/31/2013

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Edited By ZombiePie  Staff
buzz_clik Continues to Amaze Us With His Artistry This Week!
buzz_clik Continues to Amaze Us With His Artistry This Week!

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! Good news to all of our Australian users! Giant Bomb will be represented in some way at PAX Australia this year! Are you ready for Giant Bomb to invade Australia? In other interesting staff news Vinny has set up a Tumblr account and is answering all of your video and fatherly questions over there. You can also ask him wildly inappropriate things, but it's up to him to answer them. Jeff was recently on an episode of This Week in Tech, featuring someone name Leo Laporte and talked about the Xbox One. Also Friday was @mattyftm's birthday! If you haven't yet wished him a Happy Birthday go ahead and do that! You might also want to ask him if he's done anything about the testicles on his face.

Also Special Thanks to Symptomz for Continuing his Pokemon a Day Art Challenge!
Also Special Thanks to Symptomz for Continuing his Pokemon a Day Art Challenge!

Community Activities

• The 5th Annual E3 Banner Contest Challenge - Show Off Your Banner Making Skills Over Here!
  • GRID 2 PC Giant Bomb Community Steam List - Play With Other GB Users By Heading Over Here!

Wonderful Wikis

GRID 2 and Fuse are the big releases this week. Some good work has been done on the Eggerland/Lolo franchise page. Finally we see the return of awesome, but wacky concept pages this week with "Gender Exclusive Equipment," and "Sleeping Under the Covers," being added to the database this week.

Best of Blogs

As seen on the banner for this week buzz_clik has made an absolutely amazing BioForge "A Fork" fan-art. Mento proves that he's secretly a robot having published over four blogs this week ranging from his May Madness, Comic Comish, and TurboMento blog series. Video_Game_King also graces us with multiple blogs this week with one being incredibly Japanese, and the other...also featuring a game from Japan. ArbitraryWater went back to Baldur's Gate and also played Resident Evil: Revelations this week and shares his thoughts about both. dankempster wraps up the month of May with his latest Metal Gear May Madness blog series with an entry about Snake Eater. Music maestro Hamst3r has a remix of the Water World theme from Duke Nukem 3D. Having gone crazy PsEG discusses why he created an iRacing.com account and what it's been like so far. thatpinguino discusses the use of amnesia as a plot element in the Final Fantasy game franchise. LawGamer has another blog talking about copyright laws in the video game industry. Finally thesilentgod felt nostalgic and with the end of this generation of video games went back to the N64, and somejerk wants to remind you of when CES was the "big" video game trade show.

Fantastic Forums

Give symptomz a big congratulations for continuing his effort to draw every single Pokemon until the release of Pokemon X/Y. Also, if you can think of any notable examples of rap music mentioning or referencing video games report them on the Video Game x Rap Music Reporting Thread1 It's on like Donkey Kong, as Ice-Cube would put it.

Lovable Lists

lynxcanadensis is working on creating a list of games that can be completed without the use of weapons, and if you can think of any notable examples comment on the list. Helcheth on the otherhand has decided to create a list of games that can essentially be played "forever," either by multiplayer or game design.

Useful User Reviews

User Created Podcasts

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Also Friday was @mattyftm's birthday! If you haven't yet wished him a Happy Birthday go ahead and do that!

OK:

Loading Video...

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Just a FYI, you featured my blog last week too. While I appreciate your continued promotion, I somehow doubt it was intentional.

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#3 Mento  Moderator

@arbitrarywater: Nope, that one was all me. Sorry ZP. Well, the more the merrier, right?

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ZombiePie  Staff

@mento said:

@arbitrarywater: Nope, that one was all me. Sorry ZP. Well, the more the merrier, right?

BAH! This warrants the return of Mentos Freshmaker commercials, but this time I have the 2000 reboot of the Freshmaker commercials with the terrible remix of the classic jingle:

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d557b323a6f7
deactivated-5d557b323a6f7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Thanks so much dude! Super sick that I was featured here, I'm gonna keep it up.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Video_Game_King

This week: guns. Nothing but guns.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ZombiePie  Staff

This week: guns. Nothing but guns.

Does this make you a member of the NRA by default?

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Video_Game_King

I'm not part of that particular N, so no.

PerfidiousSinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 3

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#11  Edited By Hailinel

If it's not too late, I've put a lot of work into the Himiko page recently. Tomb Raider, Warriors Orochi, and Persona 4, all in one convenient historical package!

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ZombiePie  Staff

@hailinel said:

If it's not too late, I've put a lot of work into the Himiko page recently. Tomb Raider, Warriors Orochi, and Persona 4, all in one convenient historical package!

You are attempting to add the wiki page to historical figure on a community feature run by a history major that has done research to attempt to prove that said figure never existed.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@hailinel said:

You are attempting to add the wiki page to historical figure on a community feature run by a history major that has done research to attempt to prove that said figure never existed.

It is a duel!

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@zombiepie said:

@hailinel said:

It is a duel!

And I'll provide the music!

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

The latest Community Spotlight is up now.