Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

Edited By Marino  Staff
No Caption Provided

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight and I, @zombiepie, am once again honored to be your host! With the impending onslaught that is E3 looming nigh things have been relatively calm in the video game industry and in our community. That said there were plenty of special "highlights" from the Giant Bomb community this week worth talking about.

Dan Ryckert Nonsense Corner

So Dan made another appearance on Xavier Woods's UpUpDownDown YouTube channel. On it he played Ultimate Chicken Horse against Xavier Woods and Patrick Klepek. Did I mention that the OFFICIAL WWE TWITTER ACCOUNT tweeted Dan? Yeah...that also happened.

Clip(s) of the Week

Giant Bomb HD Remix - Endurance Run: Persona 4 - Part 09.2 & Giant Bomb HD Remix - Endurance Run: Persona 4 - Part 09.3 (By: @stordoff)

Part NINE of stordoff’s efforts to convert the Persona 4 ER to HD continues with a part three and four! Please enjoy and compliment his hard!

Giant Bomb Dirt Rally May - Week 2: Mo' Monaco Mo' Problems (By: @iron1c)

The Giant Bomb Dirt Rally group has another AWESOME archive of their recent vehicular insanity for your own personal enjoyment!

Giant Bomb Galleria

Banner - Mario Party 6 Album Art (By: @jonnyashley)

UPF 05/13/2016 in One Image(By: @crimsonjesus)

crimsonjesus used photoshop to share his impressions related to Jason and Dan on the latest UPF. Not the first time Dan has caused Jason to go berserk.

No Caption Provided

Taco Dan (By: moondoggo)

The horrible people at Tumblr, myself included, have been creating Giant bomb staff mashup abominations using Project Murphy. Here's taco Dan. There was also an image of Jeff as a latex suit cat-woman and I just can't...I just can't even.

No Caption Provided

Community Activities

Battleborn Xbox One Players Group (By: @nutter)

No Caption Provided

Giant Bomb user nutter is interested in creating an Xbox One group for Battleborn! Drop a comment here if interested.

Best of Blogs

kewlsnake explains how you turn this into a controller.
kewlsnake explains how you turn this into a controller.

Playing Games with USB Drum Pad (By: @kewlsnake)

kewlsnake made his USB drum pad a video game controller! Read all about his mad science experiment "gone right" on his latest blog.

GBeast Transcript: Push Me Pull You Quick Look (By: @gold_skulltulla)

Gold_Skulltulla transcribed the entirety of the Push Me Pull You Quick Look! Feel free to enjoy it in all of its out of context glory right now.

King's Quest - The Third Episode (By: @sparky_buzzsaw)

Fellow Giant Bomb moderator Sparky_Buzzsaw has a soft spot for the King's Quest franchise and gives you an update on the third episode of the latest adventure game series from Telltale Games.

Is the Steam Link worth the time and effort?
Is the Steam Link worth the time and effort?

The Great Journey Faces an Ancient Threat - Halo 4(By: @darth_navster)

Darth_Navster continues his thorough retrospective on the Halo franchise with an extensive examination of Halo 4, and what note it left the franchise.

A Personal Video Game Retrospective (1986-2015) 2006(By: @riostarwind)

RioStarwind reviews the video game highs and lows of 2006 on his latest retrospective blog.

Steam Link Latency Tests (5/5) (By: @flashflood_29)

FlashFlood_29 bought the Steam Link and shares how the latency has been with the device over here.

Watching Over and Overwatching (By: @mooseymcman)

*SIGH*
*SIGH*

MooseyMcMan spent a good deal of time with Tropico 5 as well as the Overwatch beta, and you can read his thoughts on them.

Fighting Final Fantasy VII - Parts 1-33: OH GOD! What Have I Gotten Myself Into? (By: @zombiepie)

Here's a 36 page essay on the first ten hours of Final Fantasy VII, as written by a crazy person with too much free time on their hands.

Mento's May Mastery: Days 8-13 & Wiki Project: Super '95 Q2&Sunday Summaries 08/05/2016 (By: @mento)

The Summer heat doesn't seem to be bothering Mento [no, it is - M.] as he spent this week producing another batch of game impressions in his daily May Mastery series as well as apprising us of his recent wiki efforts.

Join the Discussion

It's a lock down baby!
It's a lock down baby!

E3 2016 Prediction Sharing Thread (By: @adequatelyprepared)

Let's feed the soulless marketing machine that is E3 and make some E3 2016 predictions with our fellow community members in this discussion thread.

What's The Game With The Best Controls You've Ever Played?(By: @irishranger)

Which game do you think features the "best" controls that you have ever had the pleasure of playing? Feel free to share your pick with other Giant Bomb users.

Civilization VI Announcement/Reveal Discussion Thread(By: @l1ghtn1n)

What is YOUR gut reaction to the Sid Meier's Civilization VI announcement and reveal? Feel free to share it with other excited community members.

Mario Party 7 supports up to seven players
Mario Party 7 supports up to seven players

Mario Party Party 7 Watitng Room(By: @bassman2112)

WHELP! We now have a "Mario Party 7 watitng room" that you can enjoy and partake in.

Assassin's Creed Movie Trailer Discussion Thread (By: @starvinggamer)

Feel free to join our extensive community discussion related to the recent Assassin's Creed movie trailer, and if it holds any hope for the future.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Negative Reaction Discussion Thread (By: @mrcraggle)

What is your theory on why there's been such a public outcry against Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare? Feel free to share your theory over here.

Battlefield 1 Trailer Discussion Thread (By: @beaudacious)

Is World War I a great opportunity for the Battlefield series, or an ill-conceived folly? Share your take on the issue.

Feel free to share your thoughts on the game on our discussion thread!
Feel free to share your thoughts on the game on our discussion thread!

Stellaris Discussion Thread (By: @iodine)

How have you been enjoying Stellaris? Feel free to share and discuss your experiences with the game with everyone else!

Hardest, Easiest, And Best Bosses In Souls Series (Bloodborne Included) (By: @ntm)

Join our community discussion related to who is the hardest, easiest, and best boss in the Souls series with Bloodborne included.

Useful User Reviews

Lovable Lists

W.O.R.S.T. Pokemon EVER!
W.O.R.S.T. Pokemon EVER!

The Ranking of Starters - An Unevolved Pokémon Starter Tier List(By: @devoureroftime)

With the announcement of the starters in Pokémon Sun & Moon DevourerOfTime made a list ranking every single starting Pokemon from the franchise.

Indiana Jones/Spelunker/Treasure Hunter Games (By: @warcat777)

warcat777 is making a list of treasure hunting games with a twinge of Indiana Jones! Help him with more examples.

Wonderful Wikis

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Thanks for the mention!

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By stordoff

Please enjoy and compliment his hard!

I feel like a word might be missing from that sentence...

Thanks for the mentions though!

Edit: Part 10 and 11 of the HD Remix filmed :D. Seems like this is where The Golden additions start to make things more complicated:

No Caption Provided

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

come on jeff tell us how you really think

Cav829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 2

Thanks for the shout out!

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Final Fantasy VII is a fantastic game.

CoinMatze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Omg that PMPY transcript is wonderful. It would be awesome if gbeast read it out of context on the beastcast. But give each of them the lines of someone else. Maybe?

Ozzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

As always nice work putting this together! And Dan Ryckert as a taco baby will haunt my nightmares

DevourerOfTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 65

YOU TAKE THAT BACK ABOUT BULBASAUR

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Bulbasaur is best, wash your mouth out with soap

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

Wow, thanks for featuring my review.

Also, can't wait to hear about Zombiepie's journey through Final Fantasy VII. Hype.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But but...I like bulbasaur. He's adorable and was my first pokemon. =P All in all great job as always.

kewlsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Thank you for spotlighting my drumpad experience. Currently playing through One Finger Death Punch with those and having a blast of a time. It's nothing compared to the dude that played Dark Souls with his bongos though!

JonnyAshley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thank you for using my mario party party 6 poster. I tried to make it as gross and hellish as the real thing.

Waluigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the Taco Dan shoutout, I appreciate it. Taco Dan is quality content

Visualizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

How dare you say those things about Bulbasaur.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#16 riostarwind  Moderator

I give you my gratitude for once again mentioning my weekly blog. Props to the rest of the community for the constant amount of great content to read through each week too.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I feel like I've been mentioned in the discussions every week for the past month at this point. Thanks duder

deepcovergecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

36 pages of no thank you

azuresama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool update though King's Quest isn't by Telltale, they announced it but it never happened. This is by Odd Gentlemen and published by Activision.

Klager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stordoff said:

I'd like to compliment you on your hard.

Brenderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By Brenderous

complement his hard

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HD remix - Part 10 is up

Loading Video...

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

@klager said:
@stordoff said:

I'd like to compliment you on your hard.

See I can do this correctly.

@stordoff: Got it, and thanks for your hard work!

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stordoff said:

Thanks for the mentions though!

Edit: Part 10 and 11 of the HD Remix filmed :D. Seems like this is where The Golden additions start to make things more complicated:

No Caption Provided

Wait...you're playing Golden in order to create these videos? I honestly thought that you were just using an HD video converter!

HOLY CRAP! YOU ARE MORE INSANE THAN I ORIGINALLY THOUGHT!

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait...you're playing Golden in order to create these videos? I honestly thought that you were just using an HD video converter!

HOLY CRAP! YOU ARE MORE INSANE THAN I ORIGINALLY THOUGHT!

I never claimed this was a reasonable thing to do :p. My blog post (just updated) gives a brief look at the process for making these if anyone is curious.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YOU TAKE THAT BACK ABOUT BULBASAUR

@flstyle said:

Bulbasaur is best, wash your mouth out with soap

@naoiko said:

But but...I like bulbasaur. He's adorable and was my first pokemon. =P All in all great job as always.

Look now, if I was creating a list of "GREATEST POKEMON," Bulbasaur wouldn't even be in my top fifty. In fact...I would struggle to put him in my top seventy-five.

If I was making a list of "LAME ASS PLANT DOG THINGS," then why yes, Bulbasaur would take the top position of that list.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombiepie: The great thing about pokemon is that there are so many that there is bound to be one pokemon that someone likes. I'll proudly be a bulbasaur fan, but I totally understand why others wouldn't like him. Much like the dog who wins the ugliest dog in the world competition, someone out there has to own that dog and think its a sweetie.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

DevourerOfTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

If I was making a list of "LAME ASS PLANT DOG THINGS," then why yes, Bulbasaur would take the top position of that list.

Not even that. Virizion takes that contest.

No Caption Provided