The Community Spotlight - 06/08/2012

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Special Thanks to User Coafi for the Banner! 
Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Community Spotlight! Well E3 is officially over and the site is a buzz at the various announcements and reveals from the event. Many thanks to the Giant Bomb and GameSpot staff for providing this site and its users with wonderful and great coverage of the E3 2012.  Before things got crazy however Matthew Rorie was crowned the victor of the Golden Duder Award. Even though E3 is over head on over to the 3rd Annual E3 Banner Competition and marvel at the works of art the community created for the event. GameSpot has archived its E3 Bonus Stage interview and talk with Ryan and Jeff on their site you can re-watch in case you missed it. Audio versions of all of the E3 after-show podcasts are available to listen to on the Bombcast portal. Also here's a bunch of photoshop and awesome staff .gifs for E3: 

Site Stuff and Gaming Activities

• E3 Best of Show Giantbomb Community Listapalooza - Create a List of Your E3 Highlights and See How the Community Stands Over Here!
  • Iwata-Bananas & Dad Chasers - Photoshop Thread - Test Your Photoshop Skills By Playing with Iwata and His Bananas Over Here!
  • Let's Do It - Johnny V Hawkman Photoshop Thread - Make Johnny V a Superhero in This Photoshop Thread Here

Wonderful Wiki

So here's a large list of the big games from E3 2012 that a lot of users included in their "Most Anticipated" lists. Some have a crazy amount of detail in their wiki pages for games still not out yet. Then of course we have a couple of pages recently edited by the community. Also the alias "Door Guy has been added to Jake Kazdal's wiki person page, for obvious reasons of course. 

Lovable Lists 

Many of these lists are a result of user ThatFrood's Listapalooza Community Effort to create a list of the community's best of show list. If you haven't join yet do so here! Beyond that we have to different competing lists chronicling games that exemplify why this is the year of the bow. 

Best of Blogs

We have a slew of blogs related to E3 and various interpretations of what the announcements mean for games in the future. TurboMan has created a video of the worst moments from E3 2012. Beyond that the users are still gaming. User jakob187 discusses why he doesn't think that Diablo III is that hard. EpicSteve and AhmadMetallic offer two different viewpoints about Max Payne 3. User Hailinel has created a blog series listing the best and most memorable final bosses he has ever experienced. Video_Game_King recently play a couple of "girl games" and lampoons their quality. Finally ahoodedfigure discusses why he thinks samurai Warriors 3 is so awesome. 

Fantastic Forums

GB user Fattony120000 has started an effort to created HD archives of the GB chat during the E3 2012 Press Conferences. Comment on the game that took your E3 2012 Game of the Show and what you think of the Year of the Bow. Finally user Matthew has broken down the 5/31/2011 Bombcast so you can see what all of the funniest parts of the podcast are. 

Useful User Reviews 

User Created Podcasts 

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Community Spotlight! Well E3 is officially over and the site is a buzz at the various announcements and reveals from the event. Many thanks to the Giant Bomb and GameSpot staff for providing this site and its users with wonderful and great coverage of the E3 2012.  Before things got crazy however Matthew Rorie was crowned the victor of the Golden Duder Award. Even though E3 is over head on over to the 3rd Annual E3 Banner Competition and marvel at the works of art the community created for the event. GameSpot has archived its E3 Bonus Stage interview and talk with Ryan and Jeff on their site you can re-watch in case you missed it. Audio versions of all of the E3 after-show podcasts are available to listen to on the Bombcast portal. Also here's a bunch of photoshop and awesome staff .gifs for E3: 

Site Stuff and Gaming Activities

• E3 Best of Show Giantbomb Community Listapalooza - Create a List of Your E3 Highlights and See How the Community Stands Over Here!
  • Iwata-Bananas & Dad Chasers - Photoshop Thread - Test Your Photoshop Skills By Playing with Iwata and His Bananas Over Here!
  • Let's Do It - Johnny V Hawkman Photoshop Thread - Make Johnny V a Superhero in This Photoshop Thread Here

Wonderful Wiki

So here's a large list of the big games from E3 2012 that a lot of users included in their "Most Anticipated" lists. Some have a crazy amount of detail in their wiki pages for games still not out yet. Then of course we have a couple of pages recently edited by the community. Also the alias "Door Guy has been added to Jake Kazdal's wiki person page, for obvious reasons of course. 

Lovable Lists 

Many of these lists are a result of user ThatFrood's Listapalooza Community Effort to create a list of the community's best of show list. If you haven't join yet do so here! Beyond that we have to different competing lists chronicling games that exemplify why this is the year of the bow. 

Best of Blogs

We have a slew of blogs related to E3 and various interpretations of what the announcements mean for games in the future. TurboMan has created a video of the worst moments from E3 2012. Beyond that the users are still gaming. User jakob187 discusses why he doesn't think that Diablo III is that hard. EpicSteve and AhmadMetallic offer two different viewpoints about Max Payne 3. User Hailinel has created a blog series listing the best and most memorable final bosses he has ever experienced. Video_Game_King recently play a couple of "girl games" and lampoons their quality. Finally ahoodedfigure discusses why he thinks samurai Warriors 3 is so awesome. 

Fantastic Forums

GB user Fattony120000 has started an effort to created HD archives of the GB chat during the E3 2012 Press Conferences. Comment on the game that took your E3 2012 Game of the Show and what you think of the Year of the Bow. Finally user Matthew has broken down the 5/31/2011 Bombcast so you can see what all of the funniest parts of the podcast are. 

Useful User Reviews 

User Created Podcasts 

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Hizang

I am having E3 Withdrawl symptoms, give me live streams!

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ArcBorealis

@Hizang: Me too. More live demos!

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By takashichea

Congrats everyone in their stellar wiki pages and rad blogs! Oh, they announced the Pikmin 3 game already? That is so sweet! I can't wait to try it out with my family.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#5  Edited By Marino  Staff  Online

I hijacked several things from this and put them on the front page.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Thanks for the MP3 blog link!

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7  Edited By Hizang

I wrote a review for Sorcery, first review on Giant Bomb, most likely the only.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Winternet

How isn't the Giant Bomb Fighting Game included on the community spotlight?

gpink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By gpink

Just finished a review for Fez, right here

tescovee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By tescovee
Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Bollard
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#12  Edited By Yummylee

After checking your ''ever single wiki I have ever spotlighted'' list, I noticed you don't have Resident Evil 5. Well after my exhaustive write ups for the characters, creatures, boss fights and the Mercenary mode in the game, I think that time is finally upon us for you to do so! EDIT: Oh, not discrediting the work on the page already or anything btw. My recent edits just worked as a reminder is all x)

Also while I'm sure you're already well aware of it, I still want to bring to notice the amazing Cartoon Review pics for Patrick threadjust in case. Because god damn.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By ThePickle
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By Video_Game_King
eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By eirikr

I humbly present Beelzebub as this week's SMT-related pick. 

Halos_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#16  Edited By Halos_god
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

The new Spotlight will be late, but expect it in about two hours from now.

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#18  Edited By Mento  Moderator

A blog about robots and a list that may or may not also have robots. It's been a Blade Runner-y kind of week.

ShadowVirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#19  Edited By ShadowVirus

Here's a blog I've been working on for the past few days about my top 20 games ever.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By AlexW00d

I have been shite at making my blogs recently, but I did this and this the last week. :)

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff